shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me some EMERALD cuts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Hey you Emerald-cut lovers, I know you''re out there (but I don''t see many pics so far). Even on my daily grind I never meet up with another person who wears an emerald-cut diamond. Asschers, certainly - but not emeralds. Show me whatcha got, ladies!

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
I agree! not enough Emerald Cuts! but then again that makes us with them that much more rare!!
I do''t have my ring (yet! i was told "before christmas") but once i do i''ll post some pics! don''t you worry!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been posting this a lot lately... It''s a 2.26 ct center stone. I LOVE emerald cuts. And baguettes. My latest obsession is to get a baguette solitaire..

emeraldcutdiamond8.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LadyAmythyst - gorgeous ring! I love emerald cuts, but that shape of stone looks terrible on my fingers.
7.gif
I do think that cut is harder for many to pull off. It requires perfectly shaped fingers, not boney ones like mine
9.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Lol! I think my fingers are a bit boney too. I thnk I''ve always liked these rectangular stones because of the shape of my fingers - just look better. An RB looks a bit plunked down on my finger - sitting in the middle of nowhere so to speak.
1.gif
But a longer stone goes with the flow....

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another picture for scale...

emeraldcutdiamond2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
the proportions of your ring, LadyA ... the traps are JUST the PERFECT size & the whole thing just FLOWS.

18.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 3:56:45 PM
Author: decodelighted
I
30.gif
the proportions of your ring, LadyA ... the traps are JUST the PERFECT size & the whole thing just FLOWS.

18.gif
I agree! DiamondFan has one amazing 9 carat emerald.
27.gif
Calling DF
35.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine

ShinyPo.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 4:10:45 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 10/23/2007 3:56:45 PM
Author: decodelighted
I
30.gif

18.gif
I agree! DiamondFan has one amazing 9 carat emerald.
27.gif
Calling DF
35.gif
Holy Cow!! I''ve got to see that. Drool....
30.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool setting Po10!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo!! I love Emerald cuts!
36.gif
Don''t have any...right now...but I can still look and live vicariously
31.gif
31.gif

Po10472, I just love the set in your avatar!!!
LA69, your ring is just amazing!!!
And tberube, I am just loooving halos like yours right now!!!

Skippy, did you say 9 ct emerald??? Please post DF, I''m new and haven''t seen all the sparkles here yet.
36.gif
36.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I love emerald cuts too! My name should have been Emeraldcutlover. I can''t wait to see more pictures; I hope more people post. Please keep them coming.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 5:27:08 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I love emerald cuts too! My name should have been Emeraldcutlover. I can''t wait to see more pictures; I hope more people post. Please keep them coming.

Wow, how funny...when I first saw my ering with the halo I''d never seen one like it before. It was so different. Now I see them everywhere! Not so much on people I know, but out there....

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 2:57:31 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
I''ve been posting this a lot lately... It''s a 2.26 ct center stone. I LOVE emerald cuts. And baguettes. My latest obsession is to get a baguette solitaire..

emeraldcutdiamond8.jpg

Do you mean a solitaire round or other, with baguettes on either side? Or something else?

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
No I mean like a massive baguette. Just like Demi''s! I
30.gif
that ring.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 5:27:08 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
There have been quite a few emerald-cut compilation threads already, if you do a search of the SMTR forum for "emerald" you''ll see all there is on PS...

Here are two threads to get you started:
Show me your emerald cut rings
Show me your emerald cut wedding sets
Qould love to see your emerald cut diamonds

Also, virtually every ring (including the emerald cuts!) can be found in The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy.
1.gif

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Here is my recent addition for my 20th Anniversary. .50 ct. center stone EC. F, VS2

CJ EC.JPG

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Good LORD, LadyLulu....look at that ring! Holy cow! What are the specs on it? I couldn''t find them in that thread...

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Unbelievable rings, ladies.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! The center is a 3.24 ct J VS2. The side stones are G VS trapezoids @ .90 and bullets @ .51. CTW is 4.65. Eventhough the cert says the center stone is a J, every one thinks it should have been graded a little higher - even the appraiser thought it should have been probably a borderline H/I. Regardless, I love, love, love my ring!
1.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
wow...that''s incredible. I don''t even know what to say - your side stones are the size of my center stone. EEEK. I may need an upgrade sooner than I thought! HA!

I also can''t believe you say it''s a J. Mine''s an I and it doesn''t seem quite as white as yours. But maybe it''s just a photo/lighting thing, because in the right lighting my EC can look like a D! Also, do your stones have any flourescence? Because mine doesn''t and I hear that a little flourescence can offset a lower color grading on step cuts.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
9.gif
Yes, it is a fair sized piece. It is a 20th anniversary upgrade for me and a "once in a life time" purchase. It took me over a year to research and decide on what I really wanted...and Boy did I sweat some bullets over actually making that purchase over the internet!

If I had not found Price Scope and all the wonderful people here that helped me make informed decisions, I don''t know what I would have ended up with... or how much more I would have paid.

To answer your question about flourescence - my stones do not have any. You are right that in lower colored stones it can help them to appear whiter. Well cut stones will also face up whiter.

By the way, I love your ring - it is quite elegant.
30.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 11:15:45 AM
Author: Lady LuLu
Thanks! The center is a 3.24 ct J VS2. The side stones are G VS trapezoids @ .90 and bullets @ .51. CTW is 4.65. Eventhough the cert says the center stone is a J, every one thinks it should have been graded a little higher - even the appraiser thought it should have been probably a borderline H/I. Regardless, I love, love, love my ring!
1.gif
?? First thing I thought when I saw your ring was "white white white"! I''m amazed that''s a J.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results