shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
He's a piece of work. That family looks to me like the definition of dysfunctional, overused as that concept & word are. The Spencers are the genuine article.

His father was a big ladies' man too. He's exactly like him. I think the first wife was unstable & had difficulties (imagine he contributed to them). She spent some time in a mental facility. I missed the 2nd wife too. Apparently he was engaged to somebody when he met this new wife -- the fiancee was still wearing her GBP 25K engagement ring when, 4 months after they met, he announced he was marrying this one. They look fake to me too! =)

I've never understood why people have to marry everybody they have a torrid affair with. In one way it's kind of sweet, in a bigger one it's dumb dumb. I hope he does prenups -- would be a tragedy for that gorgeous Althorp to go down the drain due to multiple alimonies. I read a little while ago that he has sold off paintings, etc., even after the kids went nuts when Raine did it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1308652644|2950900 said:
He's a piece of work. That family looks to me like the definition of dysfunctional, overused as that concept & word are. The Spencers are the genuine article.

His father was a big ladies' man too. He's exactly like him. I think the first wife was unstable & had difficulties (imagine he contributed to them). She spent some time in a mental facility. I missed the 2nd wife too. Apparently he was engaged to somebody when he met this new wife -- the fiancee was still wearing her GBP 25K engagement ring when, 4 months after they met, he announced he was marrying this one. They look fake to me too! =)

I've never understood why people have to marry everybody they have a torrid affair with. In one way it's kind of sweet, in a bigger one it's dumb dumb. I hope he does prenups -- would be a tragedy for that gorgeous Althorp to go down the drain due to multiple alimonies. I read a little while ago that he has sold off paintings, etc., even after the kids went nuts when Raine did it.

After posting above, I did a little research on him. He is far sleazier than I had any idea. Believe me, he is not marrying everyone with whom he had a torrid affair! The count is so bizarre that one thinks of Tiger Woods! Victoria, his first wife, mentioned 12 women in 5 days or some such number at one point. He had four children with his first wife, Victoria (a former model) then two with Caroline (a former nursery school teacher). He kicked Caroline out of the home he had bought for their family. She and Victoria became good friends. It's a circus!

Just what he needed: a new wife with with an ex-husband and children!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Make you wonder who these women are that are so eager to jump into bed with or marry this type of man!must be the so called prestige of marrying into a household connected to royalty.Wonder where all the family jewels have gone to?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TL|1308612338|2950589 said:
This thread is better than any book on royal jewels, or online resource, and a huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, especially you Bobby!! You are an invaluable resource on royal jewels! :appl:
JewelFreak|1308615248|2950625 said:
Earl Spencer just got married, were there any royal jewels at that occasion?

Nope. Private wedding w/friends at Althorp. No jewels, just plenty of cleavage. Third time around, you get blase, eh?

P.S. Bobby is our very own royal gem.

Thank you, TL & JewelsFreak for the kind words!!!
I don't know if I'm a jewel for this forum, but I can assure you that I do my best. I'm glad that there's a place where I can share my interest with nice people from other parts of the world (even if we don't always share the same view on certain issues) :)

Best,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this photo of Crown Princess Mary from the wedding Princess Nathalie last week. On her right (our left) wrist HRH's wearing two bracelets - one with pave-set stones, the other with round diamonds. The pave-set bracelet is an old piece, but the other one I've not seen before. Perhaps it was Frederik's present for the birth of the twins?
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2011/06/ste_wedding_of_p_6091896.jpg

PS: As a male I might not be supposed to say this, but I really like the lace bolero HRH's wearing. It looks perfect for the occasion - a church wedding, and complements the dress.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh today had a private lunch at 10 Downing Str with the Prime Minister MrsCameron to mark HRH's 90th birthday.
The Queen wore a unknown-to-me brooch, though not a new one:
3545.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cw03yv74Z9PO/610x.jpg

Earlier that day The Queen & The Duke attended the 300th anniversary service for St. Paul's Cathedral. At this event Elizbeth II wore the Paisley brooch:
Queen300annStPaul's.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06mJ8tu8hq2RA/x610.jpg
HRH The Duchess of Gloucesterwas also there, as she is the patron of St Paul's Cathedral School, and greeted the royal party upon arrival. The Duchess wore some intersting jewels at the event -her earrings have cab sapphires with diamond borders and a peral drop, but what about the other jewels?
DoG300annStPaul's.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06wHfV70Vx6qW/610x.jpg

ETA - More photos and information about bith visits can be foud here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-host-birthday-lunch-Prince-Philip-Queen.html

Bobby

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1308695693|2951348 said:
This thread is better than any book on royal jewels, or online resource, and a huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, especially you Bobby!! You are an invaluable resource on royal jewels! :appl:

Nope. Private wedding w/friends at Althorp. No jewels, just plenty of cleavage. Third time around, you get blase, eh?

I don't know if I'm a jewel for this forum, but I can assure you that I do my best. I'm glad that there's a place where I can share my interest with nice people from other parts of the world (even if we don't always share the same view on certain issues) :)

Bobby-I assure you that Laurie and Tourmaline Lover are not the only posters here who consider you a gem! I am speaking not only for myself, either. I am fairly certain that we can make it unanimous! (Or, as Mrs. Slocum says in many episodes of, "Are You Being Served?", "I am unanimous in that".)

Deb/AGBF

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Well, Deb, then THANKS to all of you who enjoy and value my contibutions to this forum and the Royal Jewels and Tiaras threads in particular!

Warm regards!
Yours,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
From the Court Circular for 20 July:
Code:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, Former Master, the Corporation of Trinity House, were entertained to Dinner this evening at Trinity House, Tower Hill, London EC3, to mark His Royal Highness's Ninetieth Birthday, and were received by The Princess Royal (Master) and Rear Admiral Sir Jeremy de Halpert (Deputy Master).

From me - The Queen wore a long three row pearl necklace, the aquamarine clips, Queen Alexandra's pearl and diamond earrings and Queen Mary's pearl bracelet with diamond flower clasp:
QueenTrinityHouse2010_jewels.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0e7r25ScJLdur/610x.jpg
Bracelet:
QueenTrinityHouse2010_braclet.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02Zggre6LUgCT/610x.jpg

PS: Though not enclosed here, there are photos of The Princess Royal and it seems that she wore pearl earrings (similar to the Devons) and a pearl necklace.

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Here is a closer picture of the Queen's unknown brooch. What do you mean by "not a new one, Bobby?" Have you seen it before after all? I couldn't find anything about it.

Below that is a photo of another brooch I don't recognize, worn in this pic about 1 1/2 yrs ago at Tyne & Wear.

article-2006330-0CAA42CA00000578-550_634x880.jpg

92858158.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1308703316|2951466 said:
Here is a closer picture of the Queen's unknown brooch. What do you mean by "not a new one, Bobby?" Have you seen it before after all? I couldn't find anything about it.

I've seen other photos of The Queen wearing this brooch (on other occasions) but nothing about it's provenance is known.

Below that is a photo of another brooch I don't recognize, worn in this pic about 1 1/2 yrs ago at Tyne & Wear.

Her Majesty has worn this brooch on numerous occasioins. It has diamonds, rubies and the obvious yellow gold knot. It's one of Elizabeth II's mystery ruby brooches.
brooch4143.jpg

Bobby

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She has more brooches than anything. I wish someone would do a coffee table book just on her brooches!

That mysterious ruby one looks to be about mid 20th century in design.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Agree, TL -- 40s to 60s maybe. Kind of an odd thing, not my cup of tea. I do like the other mystery brooch.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JF,
I like it, but I probably wouldn't wear it unless I was an elderly woman. What I like about it is that it's so three dimensional and detailed with a unique whimsical design. I imagine the "Queen of Hearts" from "Alice in Wonderland" with that brooch. It's definitely not for younger people however.

How many brooches does HM own? Can anyone guesstimate around how many? :naughty:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1308620190|2950680 said:
Third time around, you get blase, eh?

I remember the first wife. She was pretty and seemed naive or something. Then he cheated on her, right? Was her name Vickie or Victoria? I missed out on the second one. The cleavage on the third looks unnatural to me. Who will be fourth? He looks quite old aleady, too. I remember him as just a kid!!! I remember feeling he was a hero when he spoke about his sister at her funeral, but he promptly fell off his pedestal and started to show that he was a cad as soon as she was buried. And his life of dissipation doesn't appear to agree with him!

Can you tell I don't feel a lot of fondness for him? Maybe because I feel he let us all down!

Deb/AGBF

Victoria Lockwood, his first wife, was a British fashion model. She still looks great! I remember seeing a recent photo of her somewhere.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1308251879|2947671 said:
The Queen-Day Three at Ascot.

I find this hat quite dashing and - for the Queen - a bit daring!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1308884198|2953727 said:
AGBF|1308251879|2947671 said:
The Queen-Day Three at Ascot.

I find this hat quite dashing and - for the Queen - a bit daring!

I am glad I am not alone in appreciating the hat worn by the Queen on Day Three of The Ascot Races! I found her hat and the color she chose dashing and most becoming! I hope she will continue to be daring if she continues to have such a good eye for a fetching outfit!

Deb/AGBF

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Came across an article on the tiara below, by van Cleef & Arpels. Princess Grace wore it only once, at a pre-wedding gala for Caroline's first marriage. It is part of the current VC&A exhibit, in NYC till 7/4, labeled: "from the VC&A collection, worn by Princess Grace," which implies that she borrowed it. But is Caroline wearing it as a necklace in the picture w/her father? (And WOW earrings.)

Also saw a report from a German news agency that Prince Albert's wedding present to Charlene Wittstock will be a new tiara. If so, please make it be yummy!

GraceVanCleefArpelsTiara2.jpg

GraceDiamondTiaraWeddingBallCaroline.jpg

CarolineVanCleefandArpelsNecklacePossibility.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Before seeing these photos, I had not noticed the amazing resemblance between Charlene & Princess Grace. (I ADORE Charlene's pearl drop earrings & Grace's riviere necklace!) Charlene's style is more casual with the times, but they both gussy up with similar simple elegance & self-assurance.

14691890211_NPWMD.jpg

14691764948_hkHKW.jpg

jean95404

Rough_Rock
William and Catherine's official photo for Canada

The official photo for William and Catherine's Canadian visit is very nice. A closer look at Catherine's earrings reveal them to be....possibly...Diana's sapphire and diamond earrings. Anyone else have a closer look?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1309001380|2954711 said:
Before seeing these photos, I had not noticed the amazing resemblance between Charlene & Princess Grace.

Laurie, Charlene has recently been "accused" of trying to imitate Princess Grace, that may explain your "suddenly" noticing the resemblance! I am not sure that their facial features are really so similar, although since both are attractive, there is some regularity to the features of each one!

Deb/AGBF

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1308695693|2951348 said:

Best,
Bobby

Bobby,

You are an amazing friend and I have truly appreciated all you have done for this thread, and for me, in sharing a wealth of information. Thank you SO much!!!!

Lori

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1309022370|2954851 said:
Laurie, Charlene has recently been "accused" of trying to imitate Princess Grace, that may explain your "suddenly" noticing the resemblance! I am not sure that their facial features are really so similar, although since both are attractive, there is some regularity to the features of each one!

Deb/AGBF

Oh boy, Deb, don't media always have to find something snarky -- like Kate's being an ambitious social climber (from the same geeks who deplore the rigid classes in the UK ;-) ). I haven't seen those accusations -- but they're bunk. A lot of Charlene's outfits -- including big-bead necklaces -- Grace wouldn't have been caught dead in. They are both blonde & reserved, and Charlene dresses in unfussy things of simple elegance, as did Grace.

More likely, Albert, like many men, is marrying a girl with some similarities to his mother. But that doesn't make for a "scandal." Gag.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: William and Catherine's official photo for Canada

jean95404|1309017887|2954807 said:
The official photo for William and Catherine's Canadian visit is very nice. A closer look at Catherine's earrings reveal them to be....possibly...Diana's sapphire and diamond earrings. Anyone else have a closer look?

Is this the photo?

Prince+William+Duke+Duchess+Cambridge+Official+mQdheeLS0kLl.jpg

jean95404

Rough_Rock
Yes, it is. Nice photo. I am looking forward to following the coverage of their visit to Canada and the West Coast.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1309084465|2955305 said:
AGBF|1309022370|2954851 said:

Deb/AGBF

Oh boy, Deb, don't media always have to find something snarky -- like Kate's being an ambitious social climber (from the same geeks who deplore the rigid classes in the UK ;-) ). I haven't seen those accusations -- but they're bunk. A lot of Charlene's outfits -- including big-bead necklaces -- Grace wouldn't have been caught dead in. They are both blonde & reserved, and Charlene dresses in unfussy things of simple elegance, as did Grace.

More likely, Albert, like many men, is marrying a girl with some similarities to his mother. But that doesn't make for a "scandal." Gag.

Grace was the ultimate princess, and if someone wants to copy her elegance and style (not saying Charlene is doing that), I don't blame them!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy, don't I wish I could!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the Irish guard visit, Kate wore a bracelet with her monogram. She also wore a gold colored three leaf clover brooch. Not sure if it's costume or real.

tumblr_lncmh2e4Dp1qlsqdgo1_500.jpg

steveaastin

Rough_Rock
The Greek ruby parure consists of a tiara in the naturalistic design of olive fruits and leaves, a pair of pendant earrings, a necklace,
and two brooches.
royal-jewelry.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results