shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Just got back from a trip home to Michigan and I found all the costume jewelry that I played with when I was little (yes, my love of pretty sparkly things goes WAY back). So when I dress up for the wedding this weekend you will notice some new items!

Speaking of the wedding, I am assuming it is going to be streamed somewhere on the internet. Does anyone have any websites for it yet?

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know why HM wears gloves? I know when she was younger that was the style.

jean95404

Rough_Rock
I am going out on a limb and say it helps with not picking up germs (considering how many hands she must shake). If so, perhaps gloves should make a comeback. Also, gloves give a more polished look, a formal look. My grandmother always kept a pair of gloves folded and wrapped in tissue in her purse just in case the pair she was wearing became soiled. And her purses always had a light scent when opened of the fragrance she wore. I am looking across the room and thinking, "Will my granddaughters remember my purse as something special, or as a large tote that carried everything from baby wipes, an extra diaper, an iPhone, small baggy of Cherrios, Post It Notes, and odd bits and pieces."

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Re: William and Catherine's official photo for Canada

TL|1309108441|2955465 said:
jean95404|1309017887|2954807 said:
The official photo for William and Catherine's Canadian visit is very nice. A closer look at Catherine's earrings reveal them to be....possibly...Diana's sapphire and diamond earrings. Anyone else have a closer look?

Is this the photo?

Yes, that's the photo, TL.

The Duchess also wore the earrings today at Wimbledon. While I do like them, I think sapphires and diamonds are a bit over the top for a tennis match (even if it's Wimbledon). She is not Marie Christine (or even Silvia), after all...
306x698.jpg

Here's an article with more photos - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ddleton-Prince-William-watch-Andy-Murray.html

PS: I really like Jane Henman's pearl necklace :cheeky:

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TL|1309140245|2955810 said:
At the Irish guard visit, Kate wore a bracelet with her monogram. She also wore a gold colored three leaf clover brooch. Not sure if it's costume or real.

The bracelet's lovely and I think this will one day become a substantial charm bracelet. Remember that Diana, Princess of Wales - William's mother - had one with charms given to her by The Prince of Wales, her husband.

As to the brooch - it IS the real thing and according to the Daily Mail was loaned to Catherine by the Irlish Guards for the occasion. In the past Mary, Princess Royal and The Queen Mother have worn such brooches. The current Princess Royal also has one, presumably the same that her great-aunt, grandmother and niece-in-law wore.
Some other photos can be seen here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-medals-Irish-Guards-military-role-royal.html

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1309196331|2956314 said:
Just got back from a trip home to Michigan and I found all the costume jewelry that I played with when I was little (yes, my love of pretty sparkly things goes WAY back). So when I dress up for the wedding this weekend you will notice some new items!

Speaking of the wedding, I am assuming it is going to be streamed somewhere on the internet. Does anyone have any websites for it yet?

That's wonderful news, Maria! Can't wait to see some sparkling photos of you from the Princely wedding.
Unfortunately, I'm most likely going to skip this one, unless my grandparents have France 2 or ZDF, which would likely broadcast the wedding. Of course, the news are going to show some glimpses but that won't be enough for me... Thank God, I'm comming home the next day :)

Bobby

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot of Kate's earrings

kate.png

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Re: William and Catherine's official photo for Canada

prince.of.preslav|1309209908|2956505 said:
TL|1309108441|2955465 said:
jean95404|1309017887|2954807 said:
The official photo for William and Catherine's Canadian visit is very nice. A closer look at Catherine's earrings reveal them to be....possibly...Diana's sapphire and diamond earrings. Anyone else have a closer look?

Is this the photo?

Yes, that's the photo, TL.

The Duchess also wore the earrings today at Wimbledon. While I do like them, I think sapphires and diamonds are a bit over the top for a tennis match (even if it's Wimbledon). She is not Marie Christine (or even Silvia), after all...
306x698.jpg

Here's an article with more photos - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ddleton-Prince-William-watch-Andy-Murray.html

PS: I really like Jane Henman's pearl necklace :cheeky:

Bobby
I love how those earrings go so well with her sapphire and diamond engagement ring. They are not overly large. I think she can safely wear those earrings on any occasion where she is wearing her engagement ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DearBuddha|1309225333|2956696 said:

Actually the earrings look casual to me. I don't think they're over the top at all. Kate seems to have simple taste in jewelry, and doesn't like things too flashy. Now if she came out with humongous 20 carat honkers on her ears!! :shock:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1309211109|2956527 said:
TL|1309140245|2955810 said:
At the Irish guard visit, Kate wore a bracelet with her monogram. She also wore a gold colored three leaf clover brooch. Not sure if it's costume or real.

The bracelet's lovely and I think this will one day become a substantial charm bracelet. Remember that Diana, Princess of Wales - William's mother - had one with charms given to her by The Prince of Wales, her husband.

As to the brooch - it IS the real thing and according to the Daily Mail was loaned to Catherine by the Irlish Guards for the occasion. In the past Mary, Princess Royal and The Queen Mother have worn such brooches. The current Princess Royal also has one, presumably the same that her great-aunt, grandmother and niece-in-law wore.
Some other photos can be seen here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-medals-Irish-Guards-military-role-royal.html

Bobby

Thanks Bobby, I learn something new from you almost every day! :bigsmile:

Any good detail on her Irish clover brooch? I couldn't find any decent up close photos.

ETA: Found a detailed picture of the Shamrock brooch. It has a green stone in the middle, which I assume is an emerald (for Ireland??).

cloverbrooch.JPG

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
I found this one. HRH Princess Bejaratana's diamond necklace. She's the only daughter of late King Rama VI of Thailand

K6545948-169.jpg

K6545948-281.jpg

I think it looks like this

K6545948-232.jpg

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
HSH Alexandra of SWB ,wearing her mother's tiara (HRH Benedikte of Denmark)

K6829944-315_0.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady|1309289151|2957204 said:
TL|1309231763|2956765 said:

Actually the earrings look casual to me. I don't think they're over the top at all. Kate seems to have simple taste in jewelry, and doesn't like things too flashy. Now if she came out with humongous 20 carat honkers on her ears!! :shock:

I like them. I think they are just small enough to go either way, versatile. I'd rock them with a pair of jeans & a sweater for every day wear if I had them. I love her white dress, btw.. I wonder who the designer is. Very pretty.

*eta.. found it!!"Kate, a huge fan of the game, wore what looked to be a triple-decker tennis skirt – in fact a £795 Alice Temperley dress – teamed with LK Bennett nude court shoes."
i agree that the earrings and pin are very well chosen...but she could wear anything and still come off looking good!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Amayas, beautiful diamonds of the Thai RF. And Benedikte's tiara is one of my big favorites. Thanks for posting! And Welcome to PS.

In a blog I read that the charm bracelet was "a gift," didn't say from whom. But reportedly some Brits think the crown on it is a bit pretentious. I don't care one way or another, myself.

It's almost MONACO WEDDING TIME, boys & girls! Get in your seats.......

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1309306177|2957438 said:
Amayas, beautiful diamonds of the Thai RF. And Benedikte's tiara is one of my big favorites. Thanks for posting! And Welcome to PS.

In a blog I read that the charm bracelet was "a gift," didn't say from whom. But reportedly some Brits think the crown on it is a bit pretentious. I don't care one way or another, myself.

It's almost MONACO WEDDING TIME, boys & girls! Get in your seats.......

Charles gave Diana a charm bracelet and gave her a new charm each year, until they became estranged. Therefore, sounds like it's a tradition. Perhaps it's a gift from William.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1309316951|2957617 said:
Charles gave Diana a charm bracelet and gave her a new charm each year, until they became estranged. Therefore, sounds like it's a tradition. Perhaps it's a gift from William.

I thought that I had read somewhere that it was a gift from William, which doesn't mean that "what I read" was correct!

AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. It was not a gift from William. It was a gift from Camilla. "The Daily Mail" has a long account of a bracelet Camilla has as well as the one Catherine has, and their similarities and differences, but I question its veracity. This is excerpted from another source that also says that The Duchess of Cornwall gave Catherine the bracelet:

"The gold charm bracelet has a curled letter C under a coronet, for Catherine we presume, although she is the Duchess of Cambridge and the gift was from Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall so there are quite a few C’s to chose from!

On the underside of the charm is the Duchess of Cornwall’s royal cypher.

The gift indicates that the two are getting close and confirms rumours that Camilla has been very supportive of Kate since the couple announced their engagement last November. The two have been spotted out for lunch and at the theatre.

The couple asked for no gifts for their wedding. Instead they requested that guests made gifts to charity. Camilla, as the stepmother-in-law, was probably an exception though!"

Deb/AGBF

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This account describes the different "C's":

"She's not known for wearing loads of jewelry, but the Duchess of Cambridge has been sporting one special piece from an equally special family member.

The Daily Express revealed that the new bracelet with the circular hanging charm on Catherine's wrist is a gift from her step mother-in-law Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, with whom Catherine has grown quite close.

Although the Daily Express could only confirm the fact through an unnamed source that said that the bracelet was a 'personal wedding gift' and therefore a 'private matter,' the proof is visible for all to see: on one side of the charm is a 'C' with a curl, the former-Kate Middleton's new royal cypher, and the other side of the pendant features Camilla's royal cypher, a 'C' without a curl."

Deb/AGBF

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AmayasV|1309257220|2956901 said:
HSH Alexandra of SWB ,wearing her mother's tiara (HRH Benedikte of Denmark)

Everything in this photo is beautiful! Thanks for posting it, AmayasV!
BTW, it is known that the tiara can be worn as three brooch, but are there photos of anyone with the brooches?
Also, the central flower can be worn with either a diamond, an emerald or a pearl in the center.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TL|1309231875|2956767 said:
Thanks Bobby, I learn something new from you almost every day! :bigsmile:

Any good detail on her Irish clover brooch? I couldn't find any decent up close photos.

You're most welcome, TL! Thank you for the nice close-up of the brooch :)
To me the green stone is a bit too light to be an emerald. Perhaps it might be a peridot (the birthstone for August, when QEQM was born)?

Here's a photo of Queen Elizabeth with the brooch:
52099797.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/52099797/Tim-Graham-Photo-Library
52108010.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/52108010/Tim-Graham-Photo-Library

I love this one of The Queen Mother petting the Wolfhound:
55399308.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/55399308/Hulton-Archive

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TL|1309231763|2956765 said:

Well, obviously Catherine is the Queen Beatrix/Quieen Silvia/Queen Elizabeth/Queen Frederika type of person when it comes to wearing earrings. Guess I'll get used to it in due time.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1309362637|2958023 said:
No. It was not a gift from William. It was a gift from Camilla. "The Daily Mail" has a long account of a bracelet Camilla has as well as the one Catherine has, and their similarities and differences, but I question its veracity. This is excerpted from another source that also says that The Duchess of Cornwall gave Catherine the bracelet:

Yes, that's true. I was really pleasently surprised yesterday when I saw photos of the reverse of the charm :) A very nice present from one Duchess and future Queen to another :razz: Hope that Camilla, who has also worn a nice charm bracelet, will add more pendants to Catherine's.
Here's a close-up with HRH The Duchess of Cambridge's monogram:
117508241.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/117508241/Getty-Images-Sport

And a link to the Daily Mail's article - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-favourit-charm-bracelet-present-Camilla.html

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Queen, The Duke of Edinvurgh and The Princess Royal, accompanied by Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, last night were entertained to Dinner by the City Livery Companies this evening at Fishmongers' Hall, London Bridge, London EC4, to mark His Royal Highness's Ninetieth Birthday.
Elizabeth II wore her two-row necklace with graduating pearls, the Devon earrings and a mystical brooch (the creature looks like a worm to me LOL):
117588374.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/117588374/Getty-Images-Entertainment

I'm fairly certain Princess Anne's wearing her aquamarine and diamond peandant, possibly also the earrings and her diamond floral brooch. What do others think?
117588367.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/117588367/Getty-Images-Entertainment

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Do you know anything about the wolfhound in the photo of the QM? Was he part of the regiment? I would have spent the whole visit with him!

Bobby, I think the Queen's brooch is a fish. It looks like yellow gold & diamonds swimming along her shoulder. He or she appears to be wearing a crown. I couldn't find a bigger photo so this is tiny & blurry but you get the idea, I hope.

ETA: Still looks like a worm, but is a magic Queen fish!

117588374.jpg

jean95404

Rough_Rock
JewelFreak|1309391775|2958480 said:
Do you know anything about the wolfhound in the photo of the QM? Was he part of the regiment? I would have spent the whole visit with him!

Bobby, I think the Queen's brooch is a fish. It looks like yellow gold & diamonds swimming along her shoulder. He or she appears to be wearing a crown. I couldn't find a bigger photo so this is tiny & blurry but you get the idea, I hope.

The brooch is kind of appropriate for the Fishmonger's gathering isn't it? My imagination is running loose with the thoughts of having the appropriate piece of jewelry for ANY occasion. HM's jewelry must take up a whole large room (aka vault) at this point. Lucky her.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
More of Kate's wedding set and her charm bracelet, which is apparently emblazoned on each side with her crest.

Kate-Middleton-crop18.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DearBuddha|1309436160|2958923 said:
More of Kate's wedding set and her charm bracelet, which is apparently emblazoned on each side with her crest.

If you read some of the postings above, I think you will see that Catherine's royal cypher is on one side of the charm and the royal cypher of the Duchess of Cornwall, who gave her the charm, is on the other side.

Deb/AGBF

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1309391775|2958480 said:

Hi Laurie! The Irish Wolfhound is the regiment's mascot and each takes part in Trooping the Colour and other ceremonies in which the IG is present.

Re. Elizabeth II's brooch - today I googled sea creature brooch and look what one of the resaults was - http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/222/e/8/alien_sea_creature_brooch_2_by_morpho2012.jpg I think it does look at least a bit like HM's brooch, at least the curve of the body. I've seen a mythical sea creature brooch in an amateurish inventory of The Queen's brooches. Hope to see it up-close some day :)

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
If I am reading correctly, the shamrock brooch that Catherin wore belonged to the Queen Mother, yes?

If so, that is a pretty clear sign how well she is being accepted into the royal family if she is being allowed to wear pieces that belonged to QEQM!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results