shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TRH The Duke & The Duchess of Cambridge today arrived in Canada for their first official visit abroad as a married couple.
The Duchess wore the yellow gold earrings with blue cab stones from the engaement announcement:
CC_Canada_d1a.jpg

I think HRH looked really nice with her hair pulled back and that blue dress (by Canadian designer Erdem Moralioglu), which perfecly complements the jewels:
CC_Canada_d1.jpg

PS: I hope very, very much that HRH will wear a/the maple leaf brooch tomorrow at Canada Day!

ETA - An article with many photos in the DailyMail - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...illiam-Kate-Middleton-royal-visit-Canada.html

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1309465783|2959361 said:
If I am reading correctly, the shamrock brooch that Catherin wore belonged to the Queen Mother, yes?

If so, that is a pretty clear sign how well she is being accepted into the royal family if she is being allowed to wear pieces that belonged to QEQM!!

That's not for sure, Maria. The Daily Mail wrote that the brooch was loaned to The Duchess of Cambridge by the Irish Guards and for some reason I tend to believe them. This would suggest that the brooch belongs to the regiment and is only loaned to whichever (British) royal lady attends a function with them. As far as I know, it's common practice that the jewelled regimental badges worn by royal ladies belong to the regiment. This would avoid the selling of these, and that's also how no one but a person connected to the regiment can wear them (and it's cheaper for the regiment).

Bobby

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1309466446|2959366 said:
TRH The Duke & The Duchess of Cambridge today arrived in Canada for their first official visit abroad as a married couple.
The Duchess wore the yellow gold earrings with blue cab stones from the engaement announcement:
CC_Canada_d1a.jpg

I think HRH looked really nice with her hair pulled back and that blue dress (by Canadian designer Erdem Moralioglu), which perfecly complements the jewels:
CC_Canada_d1.jpg

PS: I hope very, very much that HRH will wear a/the maple leaf brooch tomorrow at Canada Day!

ETA - An article with many photos in the DailyMail - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...illiam-Kate-Middleton-royal-visit-Canada.html

Bobby

would we see the maple leaf brooch on this visit? (on loan of course)

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
wed 29th june, garden party BP
looks to me, like Empress Eugenie brooch (a wedding gift to Queen Mary)

117635343.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
This from the Daily Mail linked by Bobby:

The Mail can also reveal that the Queen has given the new Duchess the pick of her fabulous collection of jewels for the 11-day trip.

The monarch, who is said to be extremely fond of her grandson’s new bride, wants Kate to shine on her first major test as a member of the Royal Family.

A few weeks ago she invited the 29-year-old Duchess into Buckingham Palace to choose from her priceless collection of tiaras, necklaces and bracelets, and she picked out one or two pieces to borrow.
Oh gosh!! Can't wait to see. I try to imagine myself in that position -- I'd be dizzy. What would you say to your mother about it all? And she only picked one or two pieces? Aaaarrrgh. She knows they'll all be hers one day, I suppose.

The Queen has been through so much heartache via her children's various spouses. I'm so glad to see her happy about William's -- I'm sure it's a great joy to her.

Bobby, many thanks for the info about the wolfhound! I've got to look for a video of the furry regiment member on ceremonial duty.

Also, that sea creature brooch in your link is indeed a scary fellow! Would not want to meet him in a dark sea. I hope the Queen's is a bit more cheery.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1309467197|2959379 said:
LadyMaria|1309465783|2959361 said:
If I am reading correctly, the shamrock brooch that Catherin wore belonged to the Queen Mother, yes?

If so, that is a pretty clear sign how well she is being accepted into the royal family if she is being allowed to wear pieces that belonged to QEQM!!

That's not for sure, Maria. The Daily Mail wrote that the brooch was loaned to The Duchess of Cambridge by the Irish Guards and for some reason I tend to believe them. This would suggest that the brooch belongs to the regiment and is only loaned to whichever (British) royal lady attends a function with them. As far as I know, it's common practice that the jewelled regimental badges worn by royal ladies belong to the regiment. This would avoid the selling of these, and that's also how no one but a person connected to the regiment can wear them (and it's cheaper for the regiment).

Bobby

Interesting! I never realized that a jewel worn by royalty might actually be owned by a branch of military service. Once again, you amaze me with your knowledge Bobby!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate is wearing a red and white ensemble and a brooch during her visit in Canada today. Does anyone have any closeups of the brooch?

article-2010322-0CD2249D00000578-993_634x890.jpg

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure about the earrings or the necklace, but they're very pretty.

article-2010322-0CD2B19700000578-46_470x684.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photo on the right shows the maple leaf brooch a bit better. Kate is wearing the Canadian red and white colors (the colors of their flag) as the Queen did when she wore the maple leaf brooch on a visit to Canada.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

KateInCanada.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo shows Queen Elizabeth wearing the same brooch.

Deb/AGBF

QueenElizabethMapleLeafBrooch.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Is that a maple leaf in kate's hat? Overkill, if so!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
DearBuddha|1309543106|2960052 said:
Not sure about the earrings or the necklace, but they're very pretty.

The necklace looks like the one she wore frequently during the dating days.

katemiddletonboxingball2.jpg

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Is Kates ring on her middle finger in the close up?
Well if it's lose I would move it to another finger, I would not want to lose that ring

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is a weird photo! Good catch. She only has 3 fingers! It seems to be on her ring finger, but where's the first finger? Am I nuts?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
From the looks of things, the reports of a problem w/the wedding weren't true. Or not bothersome!

AP11070103845_540x405.jpg

AP11070104185_540x405.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1309559288|2960220 said:
That is a weird photo! Good catch. She only has 3 fingers! It seems to be on her ring finger, but where's the first finger? Am I nuts?

Pinky on the left, then ring finger, then middle finger, and index finger and thumb are under her hair. She really looks gorgeous in everything she wears!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1309546605|2960100 said:
This photo shows Queen Elizabeth wearing the same brooch.

Deb/AGBF

Thanks Deb,
It shows up better on HM since it's white diamonds against red.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
AGBF|1309546331|2960095 said:
The photo on the right shows the maple leaf brooch a bit better. Kate is wearing the Canadian red and white colors (the colors of their flag) as the Queen did when she wore the maple leaf brooch on a visit to Canada.

Deb/AGBF

nice to see her in the canadien colours. :) but diamonds on white - not soo good.
what do you think, that hat and open hair...

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
"another" "jewel" speaking in a foreign language http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs2YfA1D4ns

Short story about the maple leaf brooch. It was a gift by the British Empire Service League to HM Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mother) in 1939.
The Queen Mother wore the brooch during every appointment which was related with Canada.
The Queen Mother wore the brooch constantly during WWII (on her hat or bag..) to show the people, that she thanked the Canadien people for the support in wartime.

In 1951 HM the Queen borrowed the brooch for her 1st trip to Canada.
I think (as it appears in the RC) it was soon given into the Royal Collection and could now worn by royal ladies when Canada is the reason for the meeting

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Love her outfits she always looks good.
Ring looks like it's on the middle finger?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alexander1917|1309580639|2960411 said:
what do you think, that hat and open hair...

To be honest, alexander, I didn't think about it at all until you brought up the subject. Just as I didn't think about whether Catherine's wearing a maple leaf hat was de trop until Laurie brought it up! You and Laurie may be more style conscious than I am and more correct. I can see that there is something a bit untidy about having long hair and wearing a hat. But I think that the Duchess is young and attractive enough to carry off the long hair at this point in her life. I am used to seeing her wear her hair down and it always looks very well groomed. I suspect that I will become accustomed to seeing her in long hair and hats. I actually think that the red hat decorated with maple leaves is very becoming and that she looks beautiful in that hat and that color with her hair down. It is more the idea of it, the informality and sexuality of long hair blowing around that makes Catherine's look a bit different from that of more formal royals!

Deb/AGBF

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
it's only a good eye, and as I got long hair myself, know how the "fantastic" feeling when wind fights with open hair. LOL. Of course it looks more natural, and yes she is young. but I think it looks not so nice when wearing a hat. yes, I know, I'm old fashioned.

this kind of "decoration" with maple leafs (and other symbols, depends on the national flowers) is an old custom. HM wore last year an evening dress with maple leafs in diamanté (or rhinestones), and the combination of the national colours (here red and white) is also tradition, and I think a nice thing to show the love for the country.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock were married in their civil ceremony in Monaco today (as mentioned above). Here is another photo of the couple.

BrideAndGroom.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The civil ceremony took place in the throne room.

TheThroneRoom.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After the civil ceremony today, the Grimaldis can marry in the Catholic Church. That ceremony will take place outside the palace tomorrow. Charlene Wittstock converted to Catholicism after becoming affianced to Prince Albert.

AGBF

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

The CivilCeremony.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF, thank you for the pictures of the civil ceremony. When I was looking for pictures yesterday, all I could find were pictures on the big screen TV's that the Monegasques were watching outside. I wanted actual pictures from inside like you posted!

Now to go to my housecleaning before the big show starts!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Next outfit! Purple Issa dress. I love it! I think Catherine looks great in jewel tones...the blues, purples, etc. Maybe an emerald green would look good on her too? Notice her hair is up! Maple leaf brooch again and diamond earrings. Are the earrings new?

I'm really going to clean now...

catherinepurleissa.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1309610826|2960528 said:
Next outfit! Purple Issa dress. I love it! I think Catherine looks great in jewel tones...the blues, purples, etc. Maybe an emerald green would look good on her too? Notice her hair is up! Maple leaf brooch again and diamond earrings. Are the earrings new?

I'm really going to clean now...
You're cute, Maria. Hope the cleaning got done. Could the earrings be borrowed from the Queen? Can't tell what they are. Kate does look good in strong jewel colors.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Charlene is not wearing a tiara. :( There seems to be a jeweled hair ornament. No earrings either. Dress is very simple and elegant, typical Charlene. Train is strange...two or three layers and attaches at the back of her shoulders, not the waist. And I must say, Charlene looks terrified, not near at ease as Catherine did.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results