shape
carat
color
clarity

People give their kids weird names.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 1:26:36 AM
Author: Bliss

Date: 7/17/2008 7:38:37 PM
Author: diamondfan
OMG Sephillis and Clamydia can have TRIPLETS! Or quads...how can we leave out little Herpeze? If you change the spelling than it just sounds pretty and does not have anything to do with an STD (and I DO NOT mean a save the date!!)

Luv, I hope it is a good thing! A good laugh is worth a little tinkie sometimes!
HAHAHAHAHA!

Little Herpeze?

Oh my gosh. How about baby Clap? Or... (reaching back into my high school sex ed classes)... Tiny Gawnrea?
This is horrible!

When I was young, I would brag that my children would be Influenza and Pox
41.gif

I was joking of course.

I also hate it when little girls have **** names...... Like Misty Meadows

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sitting here laughing at these names, and thinking of ones that I''ve heard over the years. Too much!

A relative of mine had twin girls a few years ago and they are named Bailey and Baron.

A girl in high school was named Dane. So many teachers though it was suppose to pronounced like ''Danny''. Turns out that she was supposed to be ''Jane'', but for some reason it was written wrong on her birth certificate when she was born. Her parents decided to leave it and it actually fits her so much better than Jane would.

Another person I was in school with is named Austin. He and his siblings were all named for where they were conceived since the father was in the military. He had a sister Dallas, another sister Milan and another brother Rich (for Richmond, VA.)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss, I am not that creative to make that up! Poor, poor man...

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Reading this thread, just makes me love my parents and especially my sister (as she named me) more and more :).

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
I have a friend (who I knew when I was a kid) and she named her son Boston.
Okaaaay? I mean I guess if she was living somewhere else it would be ok...esp because she''s from MA to begin with so I guess you can see the link...but she lives in Boston now..with her son Boston.
Hmm....I just don''t get it.
38.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 5:17:25 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
How bout Dr. Skinner, the orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Rash the pediatrician, Dr. Gross (don''t know what he went into to), Dr. Strong the CT surgeon?
Out here in SD there is a obgyn named Dr. Stanko. haha......
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh forgot about this one....

I worked for many years with the legal guy in our company. His last name was Crook.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 1:35:46 PM
Author: purrfectpear

Date: 7/18/2008 1:21:58 PM
Author: Sha

Date: 7/17/2008 3:42:57 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Bill and Moya Lear of Learjet, named their daughter Shanda
20.gif
What''s wrong with the name, ''Shanda''? It might not be what you''re accustomed to, but it doesn''t make it a bad name. There are lots of Shanda''s where I live (Caribbean), and many derivatives of it - like ''Ashanda'', and ''Shandi'', and they''re all considered to be beautiful names.
Shanda by itself, no problemo.

Shanda Lear aka Chandelier (as in Light Fixture), is asking to be made fun of in school.
Oh yeah, that is kinda funny....
9.gif
I didn''t read it out to see how it sounded together.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 5:17:25 PM
How bout Dr. Skinner, the orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Rash the pediatrician, Dr. Gross (don't know what he went into to), Dr. Strong the CT surgeon?
My doctor's name is: Dr. Gross.
There is a child dentist in town named: Dr. Hurt (his tagline is "It's a name, not an intention")

ETA: I see MP already mentioned Dr. Hurt. I really don't like that guy. He's a jerk.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kurt Russell named his son Boston, the one with Season Hubley.

I heard of a girl named Crystal Shanda Lear, I think it might be the same girl.

I also think some of the doctor names are hysterical. Dr. Payne was one in Washington DC a long time ago.

Lawasha and Ladrya are the most insane things I have ever heard.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:21:21 PM
Author: bellah

Date: 7/17/2008 4:56:17 PM
Well, Miley Cirus was Miracle, she is only 15 and she has already legally changed it. I think it is a good example of how the kids might feel about these names.

In one hospital I rotated through, the staff kept a list of them (in the staff area of course).
I thought she was born Destiny Hope, not Miracle.
oops.... thats what I get for using my memory. I do know a couple babies named Miracle
33.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 6:43:29 PM

Date: 7/17/2008 10:21:21 PM
Author: bellah

Date: 7/17/2008 4:56:17 PM
Well, Miley Cirus was Miracle, she is only 15 and she has already legally changed it. I think it is a good example of how the kids might feel about these names.

In one hospital I rotated through, the staff kept a list of them (in the staff area of course).
I thought she was born Destiny Hope, not Miracle.
oops.... thats what I get for using my memory. I do know a couple babies named Miracle
33.gif
Miracle could be a really cute name. But you have to have the personality later in life to carry it, I would think.

But maybe the baby was a miracle? Sure beats being named IVF in honor of the method of conception.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I went to college with a girl named "Amanda Naylor". Looks fine, but pronounced out loud it becomes "A man to nail her".
38.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry I didn''t get to read every post, so this may have already been mentioned:

I can''t tell you for sure that this is not urban legend, okay? So take it with a grain of salt.

Young mother in the hospital, could not name her baby. She just coulnd''t come up with anything. Hospital staff finally came around with the necessary papers and said "give us a name". She looks around the room and is seized with a brilliant idea: Kleenexia Tissuela.

I know people in the newspaper business who swear this is a true story and they saw it in print. Where? In ''News of the Weird''? I''m thinkin'' . . . . naaaa!
38.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
When I worked at a car dealership in 1980, I had a customer whose name was: Gar Semen. Yes. First name Gar. Strange enough, right? Last name spelled exactly like that.

Working at an appliance store, I had a customer named: Curtis Penix. He was military. What do you suppose his basic training was like?
9.gif

I think maybe Dweezil, Moon Unit, and Inspektor Pilot may be the hands down weirdest of the celebrity kid names.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 2:07:08 AM
Author: Jelly
A poor patron of the arts is named 'Ima Hogg.' She has a young artist competition through the Houston Symphony.

A former music professor is named 'Dick Swift.' We'd refer to him as Swift Dick.
Actually Ima Hogg was a daughter of a former governor of Texas. There is no truth to the rumor that her sister was name Ura!!
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:22:30 PM
Author: jcrow
there''s also ''abcde'' pronounced = ab ka dee
not kidding.

lemonjello & orangejello. i promise, i''m NOT making this up.
2.gif
Oh yes! Pronounced LaMongelo and OrAngelo.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
In high school, one of my teachers was Dallas Chestnut. Mr Chestnut was definitely one of the cool teachers!

And I used to work with someone whose first name was Carnage... can''t remember his last.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once worked for a man named Brian who named his twins "Brian" and "Brianne." Papa Brian was a politician.

Like DUH!, right?
2.gif

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
my hubby ran with a tight knit group of buddies all through high school. when one of the guys started his first professional job, someone (of the gang) called him at work and had him paged(this was NOT his name, but they asked for this person nonethe less) "paging Mr. Hunt, Mr. Mike H....."
23.gif
just awful, these idiots.......dh still laughs so hard whenever he brings that story up to me

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
another one, when dh''s father passed away, as we were driving into the cemetery, our car was momentarily stalled in the procession waiting for cars to park and right in front of us was a big tomb stone that read "Harry Dick"-our older two got the giggles and it just went from there...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention that I plan on being one of those people who gives her kids weird names.

Here are the names I like now: if I have a daughter, she''ll be Haven or Pier. If I have a son, he''ll be Amory or Finn. Assuming my hubby agrees, of course. He likes Haven, but I have to work on him about the others.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heeheeheeeee!! This thread is a scream.

My husband used to date a girl called Malaena. A very pretty name despite its meaning in medical terms!

My dad used to teach with a man called Wayne Kerr
9.gif
His students were merciless on his name, poor guy!

One of our maxillofacial surgeons at work is Mr Blood. Eww.

Thanks for the giggles, everyone!! Made my day
36.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
There is a football player here in Australia with the surname of Roughead and believe me it is very fitting. And I remember another player who has since retired, whose surname was Kickett.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read recently some celeb named her son Hermes....
23.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m dying here... What are the parents thinking?! Did parenthood fry their brains or something? Yikes.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I went to college with a girl named Lindy Anna....her last name was Jones.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I say this ALL THE TIME!!!!

When I was in the hospital having my first son, I had to walk around every night... after c-sec... and I was amazed at all the names people were naming their kids.

My personal favorite:

Quebella... her mother said... she made it up because her daughter is a beautiful queen.

Unique... but not crazy! LOL!

I think Apple is cute... but I''d never use it!

My sons are Alexander- we DO NOT call him Alex. I call him Xander for short... and my baby is Grant. Very classic.

Funny thing. Alexander means defender of mankind... most famous Alexander of course being, Alexander the GREAT... GRANT... means... GREAT hahahahahaha!

TOTALLY unintentional!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Last name Johns.

First name Richard.

Thankfully he goes by RICK!

I had a friend in Cali, and his name was Major. That was his first name. I always got a giggle when I said his whole name...
I imagine he would never want to join the military haha!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results