shape
carat
color
clarity

People give their kids weird names.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I just came across two that are really odd.

The first: Ditzy. No joke. That was her first name. She''s three. WTF?

The second was actually kind of cool and I like it even though I shouldn''t: Asscher Leigh. I would totally name my kid this. This one was a little older, 7.
You have to wonder what people are thinking though.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 3:18:32 PM
Author:MonkeyPie
I just came across two that are really odd.

The first: Ditzy. No joke. That was her first name. She''s three. WTF?

The second was actually kind of cool and I like it even though I shouldn''t: Asscher Leigh. I would totally name my kid this. This one was a little older, 7.
You have to wonder what people are thinking though.
I could be wrong, but I believe Asher (not sure how the name is spelled) has been a name much longer than it''s been a diamond cut.

Ditzy though, hmmm, not sure I''d name my kid that. Poor girl is going to get a lot of "dumb" jokes.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 3:23:03 PM
Author: robbie3982

I could be wrong, but I believe Asher (not sure how the name is spelled) has been a name much longer than it''s been a diamond cut.

Ditzy though, hmmm, not sure I''d name my kid that. Poor girl is going to get a lot of ''dumb'' jokes.
Oh yeah, I have seen Asher before. It isn''t common where I am, but I know several in other states. But Asscher was a new one!

And I REALLY hope that little Ditzy goes by her middle name when she grows up. It was Amber or something.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about what some of the Stars name their children??? Apple???
23.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 3:27:22 PM
Author: Linda W
How about what some of the Stars name their children??? Apple???
23.gif
Linda, you always crack me up!!!
9.gif
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Glad I could help Skippy, tee hee

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is the silliest name I ever heard of for a child. Can you imagine the names she will be called in school??? Rotten Apple, Spoiled Apple, etc. Poor girl.
38.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 3:31:52 PM
9.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Glad I could help Skippy, tee hee
9.gif
35.gif

Ditzy is bad!
14.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 3:33:02 PM
That is the silliest name I ever heard of for a child. Can you imagine the names she will be called in school??? Rotten Apple, Spoiled Apple, etc. Poor girl.
38.gif
LOL I always thought that, too. Poor kid. At least she''s cute. But it wasn''t the first time I had seen that name - a school friend of mine named his first baby Apple, too.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Some people!

Now this isn''t a child but he was a some point. I saw this name in a database and thought it was a mistake and my fellow co-workers assure me this was a real person:

Royal A. Heohl (pronounced hole)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 3:38:33 PM
Author: KCCutie
Some people!

Now this isn''t a child but he was a some point. I saw this name in a database and thought it was a mistake and my fellow co-workers assure me this was a real person:

AHAHAHAHA.
Omg I shouldn''t laugh. But...LOL.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Bill and Moya Lear of Learjet, named their daughter Shanda
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, what is up with parents that name their child that.

What about parents, whose last name is Duck and their name their child Donald.
14.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My cousin named her daughter Brooklyn.

Now, I''m all for Brook. I''m all for Lynn. Those are both beautiful names. But "Brooklyn" as in the city? (we are all from Brooklyn).

Ha when my grandfather who is in his 80s heard the name, his response was "why don''t you just name her Washington Heights and really mess up her name??"
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 3:41:36 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Date: 7/17/2008 3:38:33 PM

Author: KCCutie

Some people!

AHAHAHAHA.

Omg I shouldn''t laugh. But...LOL.

OMG: Those parents ought to be horse whipped. Geez, that poor guy. I bet he took a beating in school, with that horrid name.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 3:43:15 PM
OMG, what is up with parents that name their child that.

What about parents, whose last name is Duck and their name their child Donald.
14.gif
Snort! Oh gosh, you are killing me today. Off to take a nap. . . I am silly!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
And what about Julia Roberts who named one of her twins Phinious. Can''t remember how to spell it correctly.

The first time I heard about it, the first thing I thought of was Phinious T. Bluster of the 1950''s show Howdy Doody, ha ha ha ha ha.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know an Asher. It is common amongst Jewish families I think, though certainly not exclusively.

There are names I love and would never use, but they are not odd, just do not work for me.

There are names that are a bit cruel, like Pilot Inspektor, Moon Unit and the like. I know it is a parents right to name their offspring, but said offspring must then live with that name and it is funny to see what types of names some people think is cool for a kid to grow up with. Apple is odd, but not totally heinous, though I would never name my kid that. Sunday is odd, I know Tuesday Weld, but no other days of the week. Summer and Autumn I have heard of, Winter and Spring not so much.

I was getting customer service once and the girls name was VENDETTA. No joke.

I also know a guy (my dad did and told me) whose last name was Pitt. His parents named him Harold, and they called him Harry. No need to tell you this kid got teased plenty.

I wish parents would think a bit. What sounds cool and unusual now (Dweezil, Princess Tigerlily) may not sound so great on an adult...unless they are in the entertainment field in which case all bets are off.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I actually like the name Phinneaus
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robbie, I grew up with a Phinneaus. He went by Finn as a nickname...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, Miley Cirus was Miracle, she is only 15 and she has already legally changed it. I think it is a good example of how the kids might feel about these names.

In one hospital I rotated through, the staff kept a list of them (in the staff area of course).

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
The old president here was Dick Swinging, and I swear every time they page the man we would all just die. I never understood why he wouldn''t go by richard.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Oh and my friends last name is lee. Kids name is General.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 4:59:52 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
The old president here was Dick Swinging, and I swear every time they page the man we would all just die. I never understood why he wouldn''t go by richard.

......... HAHAHA.

Totally off topic, but this reminds me of the urologists Dr. Dong and Dr. Weiner, as well as the GI physician Dr. Butt. Oh, and I had a neuroscience professor, Dr. Brainard. Do you think they were subconsciously drawn to their professions?

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Well, I will stick up for wierd names. I am Cashel and as far as I know, I am the only girl in the world with that name and I wouldn''t have it any other way. My FI and I are going to name our daughter Meridiana, also a very unusual name. I never had to be one of the masses of Kat, Catherine, Kathryn, Katie, Kate, Katrina, Katea, etc and while they are lovely names, I got to be special everyday because of mine.

But I work in insurance and I have seen some good ones. My favorite is Dick Whacker V. That''s right, not only was it bad enough the first time, but 5 times, pretty sad.

I also love Ima Hogg, daughter of a Texas govenor who was not a nice guy and of course Dick Butkus (sp). He was supposedly the meanest football player of his time and with a name like that, who can blame him.

I know Moon unit went by moon for a while and I think now she goes by Luna, much better.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I know a girl with the first name Jenna, last name Tull...
32.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
How bout Dr. Skinner, the orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Rash the pediatrician, Dr. Gross (don''t know what he went into to), Dr. Strong the CT surgeon?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Some soap star just named his new son Peanut Kai Rademacher.

The name is strange enough alone, but given the fact that as a young child I thought a certain part of the male anatomy was called a Peanut (and I know I''m not alone), so its especially mean.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
My name is Kathryn.

I like it, I don''t know anyone personally that goes by Kathryn.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Cashel is a town in Ireland. I don''t imagine that you''re the only
2.gif

I knew a Cashel in Los Angeles, her parents were Irish.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results