shape
carat
color
clarity

People give their kids weird names.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I was named Amber, and my last name is an amber type of color. So I was teased mercifully all throughout school. Now that I'm married, I kind of miss it.

They WERE going to name my brother DARK. Dark XXXXXX (color). My parents were hippies, what can I say?

ETA: My dad's dentist is named Dr. Hook!!! His proctologist? Dr. REAMER
23.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
four sisters. last name winters. first names spring, summer, autumn & winter.
23.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:11:52 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy

Date: 7/17/2008 8:44:19 PM
Author: Miranda
OMG! This is cracking me up. Dick Butt is the funniest! LOL! I cannot stop laughing!

I don''t know if this is true or not, but, FIL told me about someone who named their daughters Ima and Ura. Last name...Hog.
Its true. There was no Ura, but Ima was the daughter of Texas Governor ''big Jim'' Hogg. The Ura story was around when she was alive and was the most frequently asked question she got, but she only had brothers.
Haha! Thanks for clarifying!

bellah

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 4:56:17 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Well, Miley Cirus was Miracle, she is only 15 and she has already legally changed it. I think it is a good example of how the kids might feel about these names.

In one hospital I rotated through, the staff kept a list of them (in the staff area of course).
I thought she was born Destiny Hope, not Miracle.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
there''s also "abcde" pronounced = ab ka dee
not kidding.

lemonjello & orangejello. i promise, i''m NOT making this up.
2.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:21:21 PM
Author: bellah
Date: 7/17/2008 4:56:17 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

Well, Miley Cirus was Miracle, she is only 15 and she has already legally changed it. I think it is a good example of how the kids might feel about these names.

In one hospital I rotated through, the staff kept a list of them (in the staff area of course).

I thought she was born Destiny Hope, not Miracle.

Yeah, it was Destiny Hope. I remember when she was born and wondering what on EARTH her dad was thinking. I also have to wonder why they started calling her Miley, too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 8:19:05 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 7/17/2008 5:58:56 PM
Author: Skippy123
Okay, I know some people who named their kids the same thing as themselves so it is uber confusing.
33.gif
Bob and Lisa and their kids are Bob and Lisa. I call the kids young Bob or young Lisa when I am talking to people who know them.

Then I know someone (I changed it a tiny bit) named Jeff Jeffery. I guess I don't understand why people pick the same first name as last.
20.gif

I went to school with a girl with a similar name. don't want to exactly post it.. but it's similar to your jeff jeffery, except the first name is 2 syllables and the last 3 syllables.
6.gif
haha, I know 2 people like that sort of like Michael Michaels and Richard Richardson. Also, I think it is funny when people have movie star's names! Jcrow, you are cracking me up.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I remember two names of injured workers I had to set up files for a long time ago and I swear they must have purposely named themselves and had a side job...

They were"
Caroline Climax

and

Trudy Tender

wth? These were fast food workers at a hamburger joint.

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:22:49 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Yeah, it was Destiny Hope. I remember when she was born and wondering what on EARTH her dad was thinking. I also have to wonder why they started calling her Miley, too.
I feel ridiculous for knowing this, but the reason that they started calling her Miley is because of her bubbly personality. She smiled a lot as a child, which garnered her the nickname "Smiley." That later evolved into "Miley."

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:22:30 PM
there's also 'abcde' pronounced = ab ka dee

not kidding.

Do you live in So Cal?

HONESTLY...I personally know what school this child went to...NO KIDDING!!! I am as serious as a a heart attack.

Her name is Abcde - pronounced - ab - si- dee

Seriously...

Another student we knew of was Champagne. That's not cool.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I know someone who named their child Bazooka. And it is so funny because a woman in this Clive Owen film almost named her baby Bazooka. I wonder if that''s where the idea came from?
28.gif
Oh well, at least it''s memorable!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Robbie,
Asscher is actually the last name of the man who developed the cut and he also cut the famous Cullinan Diamond.So you are right that the name has been around before the diamond cut.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 7:38:37 PM
Author: diamondfan
OMG Sephillis and Clamydia can have TRIPLETS! Or quads...how can we leave out little Herpeze? If you change the spelling than it just sounds pretty and does not have anything to do with an STD (and I DO NOT mean a save the date!!)

Luv, I hope it is a good thing! A good laugh is worth a little tinkie sometimes!
HAHAHAHAHA!

Little Herpeze?

Oh my gosh. How about baby Clap? Or... (reaching back into my high school sex ed classes)... Tiny Gawnrea?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Noooooooooooo... Please tell me Dick Butt is a fabricated story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 1:22:51 AM
Author: Bliss
I know someone who named their child Bazooka. And it is so funny because a woman in this Clive Owen film almost named her baby Bazooka. I wonder if that''s where the idea came from?
28.gif
Oh well, at least it''s memorable!

Isn''t that a bubblegum too???
9.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Linda!!! Wow, blast from the past! YES, it is a bubblegum! I wonder if that's where it came from! Hopefully they didn't name their first child after a missile launcher.
18.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:22:30 PM
there''s also ''abcde'' pronounced = ab ka dee

not kidding.

lemonjello & orangejello. i promise, i''m NOT making this up.
2.gif

OMG I KNOW!!!!

I present to you all,
the list.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha ha, now I am showing my age. They used to have a little comic inside the wrapper.

They still sell the bubble gum on this website.

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/bazooka-bubble-gum.htm

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Do you all remember The Lion King? My aunt had a friend that named her son Simba. Like, come on!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHAHA! LINDA, I AM CRACKING UP HERE!

Did you ever have a Squirrel Nut Zipper? FH and I were watching Food Network''s show "Unwrapped" and they went to the factory. It''s a vintage treat. SO FUNNY!

So somewhere out there, there may very well be an actual person named Squirrel Nut Zipper Thomas.
23.gif
Hahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Simba! Really? That might be really cute when the child is young! But older, I can imagine a lot of jokes! If I were to name a child from The Lion King, I''d pick Mufasa! Hey, at least it wasn''t the farting one. What was his name???

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 1:39:24 AM
Author: Linda W
ha ha ha ha, now I am showing my age. They used to have a little comic inside the wrapper.

I have fond memories of Bazooka Chewy, though now it just tastes different

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 1:46:34 AM
Author: Deelight

Date: 7/18/2008 1:39:24 AM

I have fond memories of Bazooka Chewy, though now it just tastes different
And remember when you''d buy them in some old grocery store and some of them would be REALLY hard to chew???

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That bubble gum was so hard it pulled one of my fillings out, when I was a kid.
14.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha ha bliss, we were posting at the same time, about the same thing, ha ha ha ha ha

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out the website I posted. They have old time food, candy, cake mixes, cereal. I have purchased them before. Great memories.

My brother used to like Jets cereal as a kid and I bought him 5 boxes once. Now they don''t sell it anymore.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 1:53:32 AM
Check out the website I posted. They have old time food, candy, cake mixes, cereal. I have purchased them before. Great memories.

My brother used to like Jets cereal as a kid and I bought him 5 boxes once. Now they don''t sell it anymore.

Most of the stuff I have not heard of but I used to love these when I was little Space Food Sticks

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha, I remember those.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
There was a woman at my old work called Loretta Moretta.

But it was her own fault- she married into that name.

I personally would not take the name of my husband if it would make my name sound stupid!

So no marrying anyone with the last name Banks for me (Robyn)! I actually had a teacher in Primary school called Robyn Banks.

As for children teasing others about their names, when I was a teenager I said that I would pay somebody if they could come up with an original nickname for me. I was so so sick of Robin and Batman jokes, Robin Hood jokes, ''isn''t that a boys name'' or ''isn''t that a bird?'' comments. No one ever got the money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results