shape
carat
color
clarity

People give their kids weird names.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock

My hubby is a Sergeant Deputy so he tells me all the odd names he comes across.

Bambi
Flying Star
Tru Jesus (not kidding)
Sephillis pronounced Syphilis
And tons of crazy last names
However there are some names that are a bit odd I love
My sons name is Liam Alexander
The first name is considered very unusual where I live, however it was my Grandfathers name

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I know a guy named Duck Waddle and someone I went to high school with named her daughter Tree. Weird.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 4:59:52 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
The old president here was Dick Swinging, and I swear every time they page the man we would all just die. I never understood why he wouldn''t go by richard.

OMG, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I would wet my undies from laughing so hard.
9.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My roommate went to highschool with twins named "Lawasha and Ladrya Maytag." I thought she was kidding until I saw the yearbook.

I love original names, but I think it's cruel of parents to name their child something that will obviously get made fun of. I think Cashel is a beautiful name.

And regarding the doctors with funny last names, my cats vet is a feline only vet named Dr. Leppard.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I think the main problem isn't that people are naming these kids these names, but why do children make fun of others for their names? iWe don't pick them, after all. I know there's the "kids will be kids" argument but my last name is very hard to pronounce and I was never made fun of for it, nor did I ever make fun of other people's names. Did you guys experience teasing when you were growing up or did you tease others? Just a question.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think parents naming their children''s these names are just plain silly.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 5:34:20 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
My roommate went to highschool with twins named ''Lawasha and Ladrya Maytag.'' I thought she was kidding until I saw the yearbook.

I love original names, but not names where I feel that the child will get made fun of. I think Cashel is a beautiful name.

And regarding the doctors with funny last names, my cats vet is a feline only vet named Dr. Leppard.

Who in their right mind would name their daughters Lawasha and Ladrya?? Those poor girls. Imagine the teasing they had to endure.
20.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I know some people who named their kids the same thing as themselves so it is uber confusing.
33.gif
Bob and Lisa and their kids are Bob and Lisa. I call the kids young Bob or young Lisa when I am talking to people who know them.

Then I know someone (I changed it a tiny bit) named Jeff Jeffery. I guess I don't understand why people pick the same first name as last.
20.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
My friend Sherrie married Murray Glass and actually changed her last name to his. But I went to hs with a Bobo (legal name) and have taught Amir Lehrner, pronounced "a mere learner," Yu U. Yu, and Dong Long who thankfully went by Donnie as soon as he learned some English. Several of my students from Sri Lanka have more than seven syllables in first and last names. Its awesome that their culture really gets into the musicality and romance of the sounds of the names, but man is it hard to be the teacher on the first day of school!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 5:22:43 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Cashel is a town in Ireland. I don''t imagine that you''re the only
2.gif

I knew a Cashel in Los Angeles, her parents were Irish.
My parents visited the castle when they were on their honeymoon and its where my FI proposed. They said they choose it as a place of mystery and beauty. My bro says they should have named me Balarney: a good talker favored by foreign men
6.gif

Actually, my name is pronounced "cu-shel" not the proper "ca-shel" because my parents thought it sounded more feminine.

We had to terminate a guy in our system yesterday named Harry Potter, that was the most fun we have had in the office in ages, sigh insurance is boring.
3.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
My name is not too unusual, but the spelling is; it is the Irish spelling. It''s kind of annoying, b/c people start writing my name in the common way every time and then have to cross it out and write it the COOL way that I spell it
3.gif
However, I''ve never met anyone w/ my name. they are definitely out there though!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
fiery, I actually like the name Brooklyn. Ranked 57 on the last U.S. Social Security Administration so it isn''t THAT uncommon.

I had a teacher that was named Richard Butt (and he went by Dick)
38.gif
Kinda mean. My mom''s old dentist was named Dr. Spitts.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
in LA there was a pediatrician named Dr. Flesh and my oral surgeon who took my wisdom teeth was Dr. Smiler...

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
A dear friend of ours is an OB, so he hears all sorts of crazy names, but the CRAZIEST - Clamidia.
I swear! She thought it was "pretty" No one could talk her out of it. Can you imagine?!!!
23.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Well sometimes unusual names are nice. I had hippie parents and so a lot of my friends had different sounding names. My name is Casey which is pretty normal. But my two best friends are Poppy ( like the flower) and Sahai, which is an Ethiopian name. Her parents are from Jamaica and were into the whole rasta thing. Anyway they both love that their names are unique and different. On the other hand I knew girl named Pumkin Storm, who changed her name to Poppy when she was five. Not he same Poppy as mentioned earlier. And in my pre school there was a kid named...get ready... Wheat Berry!! He chaned his name to Jesse.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 7:12:05 PM
Author: iluvcarats
A dear friend of ours is an OB, so he hears all sorts of crazy names, but the CRAZIEST - Clamidia.

I swear! She thought it was ''pretty'' No one could talk her out of it. Can you imagine?!!!
23.gif

I hope she does not marry Sephillis who was mentioned a while back!!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 7:20:03 PM
Author: diamondfan
Date: 7/17/2008 7:12:05 PM

Author: iluvcarats

I swear! She thought it was ''pretty'' No one could talk her out of it. Can you imagine?!!!
23.gif

I hope she does not marry Sephillis who was mentioned a while back!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
They can name their daughter or son Gon-horea or Venereal or Papilloma. Someone might think those are pretty too. OMG I really cannot believe people named their children after diseases.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 7:29:28 PM
Author: diamondfan
They can name their daughter or son Gon-horea or Venereal or Papilloma. Someone might think those are pretty too. OMG I really cannot believe people named their children after diseases.

Gonny, Venny and Pappy! OMG DF! You are making me laugh sooo hard I have to pee!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Sephillis and Clamydia can have TRIPLETS! Or quads...how can we leave out little Herpeze? If you change the spelling than it just sounds pretty and does not have anything to do with an STD (and I DO NOT mean a save the date!!)

Luv, I hope it is a good thing! A good laugh is worth a little tinkie sometimes!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I know. Those babies used my bladder as a trampoline!
DH is a urologist - I''ll get him on the job!

Your hysterical - it was totally worth it!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 5:58:56 PM
Author: Skippy123
Okay, I know some people who named their kids the same thing as themselves so it is uber confusing.
33.gif
Bob and Lisa and their kids are Bob and Lisa. I call the kids young Bob or young Lisa when I am talking to people who know them.

Then I know someone (I changed it a tiny bit) named Jeff Jeffery. I guess I don't understand why people pick the same first name as last.
20.gif

I went to school with a girl with a similar name. don't want to exactly post it.. but it's similar to your jeff jeffery, except the first name is 2 syllables and the last 3 syllables.
6.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OMG! This is cracking me up. Dick Butt is the funniest! LOL! I cannot stop laughing!

I don''t know if this is true or not, but, FIL told me about someone who named their daughters Ima and Ura. Last name...Hog.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 7:12:25 PM
Author: innerkitten
Well sometimes unusual names are nice. I had hippie parents and so a lot of my friends had different sounding names. My name is Casey which is pretty normal. But my two best friends are Poppy ( like the flower) and Sahai, which is an Ethiopian name. Her parents are from Jamaica and were into the whole rasta thing. Anyway they both love that their names are unique and different. On the other hand I knew girl named Pumkin Storm, who changed her name to Poppy when she was five. Not he same Poppy as mentioned earlier. And in my pre school there was a kid named...get ready... Wheat Berry!! He chaned his name to Jesse.
I have hippie parents too! Growing up, my peers were Mesa, Canyon, Storm, Denali, River, Clay, you get the idea! Unique names appeal to me and feel sorry for all the kids stuck with really trendy or common names. I wanted to name my last son Odin after the Norse God but I got so much resistance from my parents and my FI. Everyone loves Odin now that my son''s name is Troy
38.gif
My FI chose the name after a player from the Steelers......

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 8:44:19 PM
Author: Miranda
OMG! This is cracking me up. Dick Butt is the funniest! LOL! I cannot stop laughing!

I don''t know if this is true or not, but, FIL told me about someone who named their daughters Ima and Ura. Last name...Hog.

Kids used to joke his middle name was Harry but it wasn''t.
2.gif
Middle schoolers are so mean anyways....poor guy...but like someone said, why not go by Rich or Richard?

I think I heard of someone naming their son Avery Goodman. At least that is a compliment vs. some of the other ones listed on here!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 8:59:15 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

2.gif
Middle schoolers are so mean anyways....poor guy...but like someone said, why not go by Rich or Richard?

I think I heard of someone naming their son Avery Goodman. At least that is a compliment vs. some of the other ones listed on here!
I know a Goodman too! Well that is his first name.

My friend''s mom was Nina Clock.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 8:59:15 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

2.gif

OMG! Too funny! For some reason Dick Butt has stricken me as so terribly funny and I am just cracking up! Could it be that my oldest is in middle school so I spend a lot of time with middle schoolers thereby developing a middle school sense of humor!?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
LOL this thread has really taken off. You have to wonder what people are thinking when they come up with these names! They can''t ALL be on drugs...or at least I hope not.

There''s a dentist where I live called Dr. Hurt. Another named Dr. Smiley. The first sounds terrible, the second cute. I hear Dr. Hurt is actually really good, especially for kids.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock

Its true. There was no Ura, but Ima was the daughter of Texas Governor "big Jim" Hogg. The Ura story was around when she was alive and was the most frequently asked question she got, but she only had brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results