shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Angel7 - Saturday''s Game Plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Happy Monday, friend!

My goodness ... you''re right. That is shameful. How many hours must I have logged on PS to accomplish that. Wow! You know, I really, really miss hanging out in Rocky Talk and helping out people. I used to love that and that''s probably how I racked up most of my posts in such a short time. Once everything is under control again, I think I will start doing that ...I really do miss it.

Of course you are just looking forward to a vacation! I''m so jealous ... I hope you have the BEST time ever. I''ll be off the second to last week of May but I''ll only be going to Seattle. Nothing exciting. We can''t afford anything exciting with all this wedding stuff! Pls make sure to say goodbye before you leave and fill me in on everything when you get back. I really want to go on a cruise and to Atlantis and want to know what you thought about it. Lots of pics will help too.
25.gif
If anything happens, great ... if not, no worries, it will and it will be perfect!

Phew! I''m so relieved to know that you aren''t spending 2 hrs in the gym a day. Let me know how the pilates work out ofr you ... I find them awesome!!!

I will keep you posted about the job prospect.
36.gif
Haven''t heard anything yet. No news from the current one though ... they do suck indeed!

How was the baby shower and the White Sox game? Make for a good weekend? Ours was great but super busy. I always hate when he leaves though. Boo.

Craziest thing happened over the weekend. I lost my voice - completely! On Friday, my throat was raspy and as the weekend progressed it got worse and squeaky. Now it''s gone. Throat doesn''t hurt but I can''t talk. I''m SO done with being sick!!!
29.gif
I just want to go to the gym and work out and get some of this chunkage off but I''m just falling ill all the time and it makes it really difficult to stay on schedule AND, I just sound like such a whiner. It drives me nuts when people here my voice and ask ... are you sick, again?! Shut up! It''s not by choice. One girl said I should go to the doctor ... it could be throat cancer.
23.gif
What the heck is wrong with people??! Anyways, no doctor for me today b/c the only symptom is the lack of a voice but if it persists, I will. I''m thinking it is somehow related to my seasonal allergies and the prolonged coughing/irritation I have had since I was so sick with that respiratory infection etc. Agh!

Okay, Debbie downer, over and out.
35.gif

I hope you had a terrific Monday and a fantastic weekend!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
HELLO!!
You''ve been a busy lady..no worries! You''ll get back to your old habits in no time!

Yes, I am so excited about the cruise! I''ll take pictures, no worries! God I had to put up with all the ladies at the Baby shower..ohh he''s going to propose..NO he''s not but thanks anyway!
29.gif
It''s like they wouldn''t listen to me..sometimes a little annoying!

2 hours at the gym? NO WAY! I''m going to look for the Windsor Pilates tapes this week!

Best of luck on the job search!

Glad you had a fun weekend! Game was fun. I was the only sober one so you know how that goes!! Sorry you were sad to see Will go!
15.gif

That is so wierd that your voice just left....
Throat Cancer? What a horrible person to say that!!! What is wrong with people?!
Feel better (even though you are not sick..you know what I mean!)
3.gif

We are doing a 5K with our doggie on Saturday so I''m looking forward to that..it''s called Bark in the Park.
Any new wedding plans or details to share
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hiya!

I''m sure you''re excited about the cruise! It should be great .... OH NO! The dreaded shower hounds. Sorry. My co-worker married into a robust Italian family and they were doing the same to her about having a baby for years. Always asking. It makes you almost regret sharing things with people, doesn''t it? It''s better if they don''t know what stage you''re at etc b/c it deters some, not all, but some from intruding, doesn''t it? I''m glad you made it out. I know it is a bummer despite whatever you know or think etc but as long as you keep the right mindset, as you have been doing, it will be fine.
21.gif

Excellent! I can''t wait for you to get the Winsor Pilates stuff! If you can, try to get the DVD ... so much easier to replay etc than the VCR. Pls tell me if you notice the difference. Hey ... I have an idea? Not sure if you''re into it but I''ll put it out there. If you get the Winsor Pilates stuff DVD, we can keep track of our progress together? Maybe do it a couple of times a week and let each other know when we start to notice differences and what we notice? What do you think? Also, a quick tip ...if you do them with little weights (2 or 3 pounds) ... you''ll find that your arms will look & feel amazing. When I was doing that for a couple of months, my arms never looked or felt better. I only started after I got the basics down pat though.
1.gif

Glad you had fun at the game! Good for you for not going nuts with all the drunk folk.

It is weird about my voice but I''m really thinking that my vocal cords have just had it. They are stressed with all the coughing and clearing of my throat etc and they need a break. It''s fine with me .. the less people I have to talk to here, the better.
4.gif
If it doesn''t come back in the next couple of days, I''ll be going to the doctor ... again!

5K w/ the doggie! That''s awesome. Bark in the Park! You guys are going to have so much fun!! Pls take a picture of your dog on her exciting outing ... I''m sure she''ll be adorable!

No new wedding plans of late ... been too busy and "dog" tired ... AHAHHA. Sorry, that was terrible, I know. I will always keep you updated if there is anything new.

Have a great day!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Sacha!
Just wanted to say hi. I''ve been off a work from last week to the beginning of this week so I haven''t been on the computer much!! Hope alll is well with you! Any new wedding plans?

Just wanted to say hello! Chat with you later!
35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Well hello, hello Ms. Paula! Glad to see that all is well.
35.gif

Thanks so much for stopping in to say hi!!

Off of work! How nice!
9.gif
I hope that you have been enjoying yourself and getting in a little relaxation time!

How did the doggy 5K go? Was it fun ... do you have any pics?
emdog.gif

Nothing much on the wedding planning front right now. I did, however, go to Seattle on the weekend and see Ms. Mary and meet with the wedding coordinator at the church. That was fun! I took some pics of some 3 ct inside outties for you and will post them for you when I get a chance.
2.gif

At the church we did the "FOCCUS" - Fostering Open Couple Communication or something like that, test, which consisted of 164 questions and when we get the resluts it will highlight areas upon which Will and I should focus or communicate more about etc. All in all a worthwhile activity.

Not much, I know, but just keeping you in the loop.

Thanks again for checking in ... I always get so happy to see your updates and to know that my virtual friend is interested and checking up on me.
12.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Pics ... as promised.
31.gif

I was thinking about trading my inside outties in for these ones but I decided that I still like mine better even though these ones are 3 cts vs my 1.5 cts. What''s wrong with me?
33.gif
3.gif

3ct inside outties 1.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
18.gif

3ct inside outties 2.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I was such a good girl, wasn''t I?
17.gif
Didn''t buy a thing ...
12.gif
... Doesn''t mean I wasn''t thinking about it, though.
27.gif

3 ct inside outties 3.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Last one.
18.gif

3 ct inside outties 4.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
FIRST THINGS FIRST - Wowza are those some earrings!! What a pair of beauties!! What a good girl you are, not buying anything. You should register for jewelry! Ha, now there''s a concept!!!!
31.gif

164 questions?? Wow..might be kind of interesting though..you know? Ha, I wonder how me and bf would do on that one!
32.gif
9.gif

5K was great, so much fun and so many doggies! I cannot get over how big Great Dane''s are! I swear, they are as tall as me! Yes I have pics but I have not downloaded them to my computer yet, once I do I will post some pics!

Well it''s been a hectic couple of weeks on my end. I interviewed for a company I was really interested in and they offered me the position so I gave my two week notice last Monday, then realized I have so many personal and floater days to burn so I took off last Thursday, Friday and this Monday and Tuesday and just went shopping! Bad girl. That''s all I did was go shopping! Needless to say I am broke, right before the cruise!
38.gif
So now I start my new job next week and then the cruise the following week! How crazy! I felt bad about it for the new employer but they understood I had this planned..etc.
I''m excited for the new position but I just HATE starting new jobs, learning everything, trying to make new friends and just not knowing what to expect! What if I hate the job? What if I''m underqualified? What if I''m overqualified? What if I made a bad decision? So many what ifs, you know?

Hopefully it will be ok! Big plans this weekend?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I KNOW - The earrings are fab, aren''t they?! I even tried them on ... I don''t know why I didn''t take ear shots. I think probably b/c I got all hot and flustered when I tried them on that I forgot?! Ugh! Oh well .... just means I have to try them on again?
31.gif

Register for jewelry? .... NOW you are talking, lady! I''m all for it. I''m going to ask Mary if she can have Gemological Trading Corp set that up! I will have no shame ... Buy us jewelry for our wedding, people - we''re serious ... do it!
12.gif
6.gif
How horrible, huh? Oh gosh, it sure would be nice! I was thinking about doing a Honeymoon registry for a while but since we are really just starting out, the traditional wedding type presents are something we''ll really need. Shoot - No honeymoon or jewelry?! Boo! Just kidding ... It''s ridiculous how excited I am to get any presents at all ... It is just so much fun!

Our engagement party is on Saturday this weekend. It should be interesting. My friend/former colleague is throwing it for us but since it''s Mother''s Day weekend, I''m not so sure about how many people will be in attendance, which kind of sucks but I''m certain that we will have a great time! My friend has really done a great job of putting it together and organizing everything. It''s always so touching when people go out of their way for you, right?

Yes, 164 questions! We don''t get the "results" for a while though ... No fair, right?! We''re dying to know how we did. Will you have to do any marriage prep stuff when you guys are getting married or are you not getting married in the church? Although it is kind of a drag to have to do the marriage prep stuff, I''m glad that both of us recognize the value in it and actually want to do it so that any issues that we may have missed or that require some more work can be dealt with or at least brought to the surface so that the don''t fester and cause problems in the marriage, right? Will and I bought a compatibility test book thing for fun and did that a couple of weeks ago .. Why don''t you try it and see how you guys do? We had a lot of good laughs!

Oh! The Doggies!
36.gif
I''m so glad that you had a great time. I can''t wait to see the pictures. Was your dog excited? I bet she''s never been around so many other dogs before. It must have been madness and mayhem! Great Dane''s are huge! I always wonder where a dog like that fits in your house? Can you imagine sharing a bed with one? My cat used to sleep with me and she would hog the bed and she was itty bitty so I can''t imagine a huge horse/dog!
1.gif

You aren''t kidding! It has been a hectic couple of weeks for you! How exciting!!
36.gif
36.gif
Good for you - Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
I bet you are nervous ... It''s always horrible to start a new job - exciting - but nerveracking for all the reasons you stated. You have to start all over again and build up your confidence and develop new relationships and suss out the new environment etc. Don''t even worry about it though ... You''ll be fantastic! You''ve done it before and you can do it again and hopefully this new opportunity will be much more satisfying for you and you will flourish! Yay Paula!!

So .... shopping, huh? Four days worth and you think that you''re just going to get away with telling me that you were shopping. I need details, woman. What did you buy?! It''s all good ... you''re broke, fine but you''re starting a new job and you will be making more money ... I hope, or else this line of reasoning doesn''t work
25.gif
... and you''ll need new clothes and stuff for work, right?
31.gif
So ... details. Fess up, lady? What''d ya get?

Good luck with your first week of work next week! What will you be doing in your new role? Is your new employer someone that you''ve wanted to work for? If you don''t want to or like answering personal questions, please just let me know so that I won''t harrass you.
3.gif
By the way ... you''re NOT underqualified for this job - YOU are the successful candidate, which means that, whatever you think or say - they thought that you were a good fit and all that they had to go off of was your documented qualifications. So there! Those doubts are natural so you can''t stop them but don''t get too stressed about it. If you find you don''t like it ... There are more jobs out there, right? And, from what I understand, you didn''t like your last job so no loss there, right? Do you know if your present co-workers will be doing anything for you on your last day?

We''ll be on vacation during the same week only I''ll be in much less sunny Seattle and you will be on a fabulous sun drenched cruise! This is good though b/c I''ll be dying for details and won''t be missing any updates since you will be on vacation.
28.gif
You''re going to have such a great time and it''s actually opportune timing, kind of ... After a stressful first week, you will be able to take a week off to decompress and get ready to go back and jump into the new job full steam ahead.

I have some more pics for you. Mary was able to get the wedding band that Will has been interested in in for him to see and he went in today to see if he liked it on his hand as opposed to just in the pictures he has seen. He tried it on and loved it and they took some pics for me since I wasn''t able to be there.
9.gif
39.gif
The sample is too small for him but you get an idea of what it looks like. I believe that we are going to make it more two tone so that it is more white gold around the diamonds and the rest of the band is yellow gold but not positive. We kind of wanted it to match my ring and the two-tone yellow/white gold, right? Still not certain about what my wedding band will look like for certain though ...
Do you likey?

Wow ...that was more of an update than I thought I had in me! What do you have planned for this weekend?

Wills band and watch.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Another ... I really like it. It''s different from the first one we were thinking about but it gives me butterflies thinking about the fact that he loved it when he tried it on and it could possibly be a symbol of our love for the rest of his life. So mushy!
20.gif

Wills band handpic.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Last one ...
18.gif

What do you think?

By the way - Congrats again on the new job ... I''m SO happy for you!

Wills band handshot.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paula!
35.gif

Hope that the job is going well!

I''m on vacation next week returning May 27 and I believe that you will be on your cruise. Woohoo!

Just wanted to wish you a wonderful time - not like you''ll need it - but enjoy yourself and take a ton of pictures!! I would love to hear all about it when you return.

I''ll have limited access to a computer on vacation so I wanted to make sure to check in before I left ...

Have a great time!
emsmiled.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sacha! I''m back, alive and NOT engaged! You and the rest of my world thought it was going to happen. So funny. When I came back everyone was so disappointed. BF was telling me how everyone thought it. I told him, I knew better!
31.gif
I hope you are having a wonderful time on your vacation and can''t wait to hear about it when you get back! I can''t see the ring pics on my computer at work so I can''t comment. I''ll log on tonight to see Will''s rings. Have you tried on any wbands yet? How''s the wedding planning going? Gosh, I feel like I''ve been away for years!
38.gif

Ok, so here is my rundown on the cruise!

Monday – Flew out to Miami, no problems. Got on the boat, and then came the horrible downpour of rain and thunderstorms. That was horrible! It eventually went away. We had the first buffet at Windjammer and then went to our room and got our luggage. Room was tiny! I couldn’t believe how small it was! Went to the top of the pool deck, had some cocktails, walked around, went to a show. It was a good first day. We didn’t do dinner in the dining room. We ate at the crappy Windjammer café. (Sorry, I did not enjoy the food at the Buffet.) The yummy umbrella drinks were G-O-O-D!!!!

Tuesday – Docked at Nassau, Bahamas. Again we had some rain! We waited forever for our tour guide. (I made the mistake of booking this one excursion with icruises.com and these are not Royal Caribbean “approved” and we got some scam artist guy) – will explain later. Ok, so while we were waiting for our tour guide on the pier the Disney Wonder boat came to dock and that was SO cool. It was massive and I loved that they played “When you wish upon a star” when they docked. That was really cool. So we go walking to find our tour guide and finally get him on the edge of town. He takes us around Nassau and all the shops and all the buildings. I loved Atlantis and wanted to stay there! It was Amazing! He took us back to our starting point, we got out and did some shopping! Went to all the Diamond and jewelry stores. Tons of diamond stores. Cheap but horrible quality! Best thing about the Bahamas….Tortuga Rum Cake. OMG I love them! We bought the variety pack. They are SO yummy!!!!!!! Went back to the boat, got ready and it was formal night so we took the “prom” pictures. (I’m sorry, that’s what they reminded me of) but I bought them! Then we went to dinner. Dinner was good. Only 2 other table mates were there with us. They were young and from Boston so they were nice. Finished a bottle of wine at dinner….needless to say that turned into drunk Paula night! That was a fun night!

Wednesday – Docked at CocoCay.(R. Carribbeans private island) We learned the night before that you could have breakfast in the dining room which we didn’t know so we went there and had to sit with strangers and I didn’t like that. Ate breakfast, took the boat to CocoCay and went on our WaveRunner excursion. That was fun! I was scared going by myself but I had a blast. Mike was of course the fastest and was right behind the instructor! Then we just laid in the sun and enjoyed the ocean at CocoCay. That by far was my favorite day. Beautiful place. Again, we had a bit of rain, but it was ok! They had a nice bbq but it was SO HOT!!!

Thursday- Docked at KeyWest. I really liked Key West. I would like to go back. Our excursion was a pub-crawl which was cool. We walked around to a bunch of different bars and got a free drink at each. It was a good way to see the island but boy was it HOT! Then we just walked around, did some souvenir shopping and that was it. Doing customs on the boat was super fast and easy so that was a pleasant surprise. At dinner in the Dining Room and the staff danced and sang. It was cute. Our assistant waiters name was PingPing. He said to call him PingPong!

Friday – Got off the boat super fast and pretty much waited around in the airport all day! I booked a late flight because I thought it was take a while to get off the boat but that was stupid of me. We were able to get onto an earlier flight by waiting standby but it just got us into Chicago an hour earlier.

All in all the cruise was fun. Got to gamble, drink, eat, see shows…I just don’t know if I love cruises. I don’t like the “schedule” portion. Telling me what time to ear and who with. If I go on another cruise I would like to try a different cruise line. I really didn’t like the food at all and I felt like there was always something wrong. (Our toilet was broken and then our shower exploded). I may be more of a resort/hotel type of girl! Glad I got to experience it though.

Then Mike and my best friend surprised me this weekend, she flew in from California and just left this morning so that was really nice and fun! I miss her so it''s great when we get to hang out and just relax. Needless to say I’m dead tired!! Wish I was sleeping right now!

I''ll try to post some pics soon. Can''t wait to hear all about your vacation!
35.gif

SO SORRY FOR BORING YOU!
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw the ring. I love it! Love the little bling on it!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! Glad you like Will''s ring.
21.gif
We haven''t gotten it yet but we are definitely considering it. He really likes it the best ... so far anyways.

I took some more bling pics for you on my vacation ... I think that I may have decided on a wedding band/s
31.gif
27.gif
I''ll tell you all about it/them when I post the pics.

11.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
WOWWEE! Now THAT is an update!
36.gif

I do, however, wish that I had that emoticon thing that says "this thread is worthless without pics"
3.gif

Hi Ms. Paula - I'm glad that you are back and I'm SO glad that you had a good time on your vacation.
9.gif
Whatevs to not getting engaged ... no biggie! He's saving up for your bling baby so the longer it takes, the bigger the bling, right?
31.gif
As long as you are not devastated, since there's no need to be, it's all good.

Your vacation sounds terrific!
25.gif
to the rain but I'm sure that it wasn't hard to still have a great time! Rain in warm weather is so totally different from our crappy whether up here, right?!
I SO appreciate the detailed info since we've been thinking about a "real" cruise for a while but aren't sure about it. Did someone say umbrella drinks ... sign me up!!
9.gif
How can you resist alcohol or something fruity and tropical like with a decorative umbrella?? Impossible, I say! G-O-O-D indeed!

I'm so, so jealous of your first day .. It's sounds so relaxing! Did you get to see anything around Miami or were you there just in time to board the cruise?

There is nothing more frustrating than waiting around on your vacation!! You are there and just ready to go. Boo to icruises!! I hope you blog badly about them so that other people don't go through the same thing. Jerks!
29.gif
You will definitely have to explain what happened if you're still not too mad.

Tortuga rum cake?
18.gif
I don't think that I've ever had it but ... I'm game for that too! Sign me up for a couple of slices and a tropical umbrella drink.
28.gif

Atlantis was incredible, huh? No good!
38.gif
I'm going to want to go even more now. Darn it! Yay to meeting some cool people to hang out with though. Will and I have a knack for attracting freak shows so we would be a little leery of having to share a dinner table with strangers etc. I'm serious. We always find ourselves sitting with the whack jobs. So annoying. Is there anything worse than the polite conversation with the slightly off balanced strangers? It's awesome when you meet cool people and can enjoy the food and havea good laugh at dinner. Do you know if it's always like that on cruise ships?
When are you going back to Atlantis?
27.gif

What did you wear for "prom night"? I bet you looked great!!!! I love being able to dress up! Did your bf enjoy that or was he annoyed at having to get all primped? I bet he didn't care after you both got plied with wine. Naughty drunk Paula. I have to admit that that did make me giggle. No judgement here though ... Last week Monday, my friend and I polished off a bottle of this great Merlot by ourselves .. after our workout! Needless to say, I do not know what overcame us and I will NOT be doing that again. Not a great way to start off the week.
37.gif

Tell me about some of the diamond pieces that you saw. I know that the quality wasn't great but they still must have been fun to look at ... anything awe inspiring or drool worthy?

Did you say, private island? How fab is that??!! I bet that it was just gorgeous!! I LOVE waverunners. I think that it is something genetic about men that brings out this crazy competitive spirit when they get on them?~!! Weirdos. Will doesn't even swim and whenever we get a chance to get on a Waverunner, he turns into dolphin boy! There is only one speed ... FAST. No in between. One time I was foolhardy enough to climb on the back ... mistake, anyone? I almost flipped off. I got him back though b/c I held on sooo tight that he could barely breathe. He slowed down.
10.gif

With the great weather and fun, I think that this would have been my favourite day as well. Did you get a great tan?

I'm sorry that the waiting around the airport sucked but all in all not a bad trip at all! As you said ... drinking, gambling, good weather, entertainment and overall fun in the sun?! How could you go wrong? This being said, how could the food be bad. How disappointing and the shower and toilet ...
6.gif
RI.DIC.ULous!! I hope that you complained. I agree ... While the cruise was enjoyable ... lobby for an entire week in a swanky room at the Atlantis next time.
28.gif
They wouldn't have broken toilets and exploding showers, would they? I would be livid!!

A best friend surprise on top of all this??!! You're kidding ... You are such a lucky girl!! What kind of trouble did you guys get into? Jewelry shopping?

This was not at all a boring update! Loved it. Thanks for all the detail. I was so excited when I saw it!!

Now, an update for you .... Finally got notice while I was on vacation. The team had a "special" meeting with HR and they called me to tell me about it. Apparently, we will be operational until August 31 and then the shop will be closed. This means that I will be unemployed! Trying to get the details on the package etc but can't find out until my manager returns from her vacation and the HR consultant is on vacation as well. There is so much drama on the team as well since people, who, unlike me, didn't already have an unofficial head's up, are still getting over the shock and trying to figure out what to do but it's just so annoying to try to deal with when I have stuff on my plate and it's not my job. How do you drop a bomb like this and then go on vacation? Does that sound right?!! She's actually sending emails from home saying that she wishes she could be with the team to work out this difficult time but .... Umm. Ok. Whatever.
20.gif
Anyways, I know you were waiting for more info on this ... but on to more exciting or interesting things ....

Wedding planning is going well. Here's the scoop.
As you know, we've picked a date, a venue and the church. This is a big relief but on top of this we've ...

- started checking out what type of invites & save the dates we would like to go with and
- we met with a floral designer etc. That was great! Such a great guy and really into finding out what we are looking for and "getting" what we are talking about. I'm getting really excited since if we go with them, they will not only take care of the flowers but of the "design" of the room as well with table linens etc..
- I'll have to post pics of the bridesmaid dresses that I'm considering to get your thoughts. I'm SO excited about them.
- My colors are pistachio green/sage green and gold. Another thing down.
16.gif

- We met with the venue again and confirmed some details ... so happy about this since we previously understood it that they were charging "per plate"
23.gif
instead of per person and we were dying thinking ... ummm ... No you aren't! Anyways, the wedding coordinator at the venue, who is a real sweetie by the way, laughed at us and was relieved at how relieved we were. Can you say phew?!

I'll give you more details on each thing when I start posting pics.

By the way - thanks for being my little 'imaginary' online friend.
35.gif

I feel shy about posting my details in some of the other forums sometimes so it's nice to have someone who is interested and supportive to share the details with ... don't want to bore my friends and besides most of them live back East or in the US so the time difference is a pain in the butt.

This is such a huge update ... sorry .. I will have a more fun one with pics soon.

How's the new job going?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry, I thought you were on vacation this week when actually you were back on the 27th. Boo, I need to learn how to read! Ok, forget about my updates..yours are great! You are doing great on the planning front! I cannot wait to see all the pics you have. (Bridesmaids..etc...post away!)
-Colors sound great
-Relieved about the plate vs person situation. You poor thing
-Any STD or invite pics to post?
-Flowers, any pics?
Hey - feel free to share with me all the wedding stuff. I love it! That''s what I''m here for!
9.gif

How was your vacation? I got no details from you!

I''m so sorry about your job situation! What''s the next step for you? It sucks! I was just in your position so I can completley relate. Nice manager to go on vacation after such news, she sucks!
38.gif
You will land a new job new problem! How are the jewelry classes going?

No, we didn''t do or see anything in Miami, just got on the boat. I just wore a black halter dress for our "prom" pictures. It''s my staple dress that I wear to every wedding, etc.
3.gif
BF wore a suit. He didn''t mind dressing up for one night but as soon as dinner was over, we changed! No, I don''t tan. I get sunburned and then it doesn''t turn to a tan.
14.gif

I really don''t think I will be doing a cruise again anytime soon. But I would LOVE to go back to Atlantis. Pretty expensive though. Not sure I could afford that one!
You have to see this crappy jewelry I got from the Bahamas. On the cruise they gave you this booklet with coupons for free jewlery (so you would visit every store). OMG it is horrible. I''ll have to post pics if I even kept them. So I got a free 1 carat Pear shaped Ruby. (Doesn''t look like one carat), free Tanzanite pendant necklace. TINY. Free Tanzanite pendant earrings. OMG they are horrible, wait until you see those! I think that''s it. Hopefully I still have them all. I''ll check when I get home to post some pics.

I am having horrible jaw/teeth pain. I think I have a cavity which sucks because I never get them and am worried I''m going to need a root canal or something!
39.gif

New job is going fine. EVERYTHING is flying over my head but hopefully I catch on soon. I hate starting new jobs and being confused over everything!

Get to posting those wedding pics! Can''t wait to see everything!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday, Miss Paula!!

No worries ... I write too much anyways, I don''t blame you for missing that.
34.gif

No pics from me until you post yours, missy.
38.gif
25.gif
Okay ... well maybe just a few relating to the wedding but I got a lot of beautiful bling pics for you when I went in to see Ms. Mary about potential w-bands.
27.gif
Those will not be posted until you post yours.
31.gif

So glad you like the colors! I''ll post a pic below that is from the Knot and was part of the source of my inspiration.

No invite pics or anything yet but I know what I''m looking for. Here is a link to show you Click Here and then click on Wedding and then on Gali and Daniel. I am looking for something very much like that.
Do you like it??

Since the colors are more muted, I''m seeking contrast with the flowers. I want vibrant! Bright colors and big bouquets!

Seriously though, all of this stuff is WAY expensive. How do these wedding vendors get away with this highway robbery! It''s madness.

I''ll post pics of the favorite bridesmaids dresses I''m considering as well ... Let me know if you likey or if you have any suggestions.

Vacation was good. Got some stuff done but not really exciting since it was just us hanging out around Seattle and taking care of stuff. Will worked some of the week and on thoughs days I just went around to check stuff out etc. Boring, right? Yours was by far much more interesting and fun! Lucky girl!!

Job stuff sucks but, hey, at least they told us, finally, right? Thanks. I know that you know how it feels and I''m really happy for you that you''ve found something else and are getting into the new swing of things although it is still somewhat overwhelming. Today, I was just asked to stay on longer, after the centralization is complete and fly over to Toronto so that I can help the Eastern Region Team acclimate to the Western Region clients that they will now be taking on. It means I will be employed for a little longer and that is always a good thing, right? All this being said, mgr sucks - Big heck ya to that!

GIA classes are going well. I''ve completed all of the assignments but I need to complete the test and am having problems, with my busy schedule etc, to find a proctor who will be able to preside while I''m writing the test. Don''t know if I''ll be able to afford to the do the GIA lab now but ... we''ll see what happens. Apparently, with my package, I will be able to get approx $2500 for schooling, given that this is the case, I will use the money for that.
9.gif

Halter dress and suit, huh? You guys must have been glamorous! I love how you ran home to get changed though. It just seems fitting when you are on a cruise to where clothes that are not so constricting, right? How are your workouts going? Were you comfy in your bathing suit?

I can''t wait to see the crappy jewelry. It''s sounds bad. I got excited about the ruby for a second but remembered it was free and thought ... wow. Must be horrible. I hope you saved the pics. This should be fun! We''re such jewelry snobs. How horrible.
14.gif

Tooth pain ... I''m sorry.
39.gif
Make sure to get into the dentist as soon as possible. There is nothing worse than tooth pain if it gets really bad. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you that you won''t need a root canal.

Now, as promised, wedding pics. This is a pic of the color palette, I''m going with ... Pistachio and Gold.

Pistachio and Gold.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay ... this dress is the "color" the dresses will be ... not the style.

BM pistachio.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
This is my #1 BM dress choice so far. I love it!
Please feel free to let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.
2.gif

BM Deep V Wrap.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
This is my second fave & I think that only my MOH will wear it. The others will wear #1.

BM pleating and train.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
If you have any good money-saving or how to deal with wedding vendor tips ... I''m all ears.

Let me know what you think about everything so far.
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

I am so sorry it''s taken me so long to write. I feel like I''m still trying to get back into the swing of things between the cruise and the new job I am EXHAUSTED. I have a bad feeling I''m getting sick because I have been feeling so run down and out of energy lately. My tooth, I''ve been having headaches...just not good overall. FINALLY went back to the gym last night and only did 15 minutes of cardio and then went to weights and every machine I did caused my muscles to crap and spasm, it was very weird and scary! Needless to say I don''t really feel like I burned a lot of calories there! No worries, I went home and had a lean cuisine pizza. HA, who does that? Only me. Goes to work out and then comes home and has a pizza!
9.gif

I''m glad work is letting you stay a little longer. Hey, a paycheck is a paycheck and we all need those!

I am so tired today I''m barely keeping my eyes open at work. But back to the good stuff...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all your wedding choices thus far! The color pallette is beautiful and I LOVE all the bm choices. You are going to have an AWESOME wedding. I cannot wait to see all the "after" pics of all the beauty!
36.gif

Those invites are so beautiful. I love them all, the one you picked is especially beautiful and elegant. (They don''t look cheap but I''m sure they are worth every penny!)

Have you gone looking for your dress? It''s never too early!
31.gif
sorry if my post is so blah and short. I''m just shot today and have to run to a meeting with my manager. Hope all is well and can''t wait to hear from you!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Sacha! Just wanted to say hello. Hope all is good and that June is treating you well!

Talk to you soon!
35.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and say that Angel7 should swing over to the LIW thread and post an update, since you''re at the top of the list and all.
3.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paula!!
35.gif

I feel like it''s been forever since we chatted ... I hope that you are feeling better. Were you actually sick? Did you come down with something after the cruise of was it just sheer exhaustion?

How''s the tooth? Still having pain or did you have a root canal or find out what was causing you the discomfort?

Getting into the swing of things are work?
36.gif

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post ... I''ve been sick as well. Remember I told you about the seasonal allergy problems that I''ve just developed ... this reason why I was just sick in March ... well ... I wasn''t taking antihistamines everyday, as apparently I should have been, and this caused whatever was happening in my sinuses to drain into my lungs and give me bronchitis! Yep, bronchitis SO essentially for the past week or so I''ve been sick and on antibiotics again. It''s horrible. I''m feeling much better now but I was home sick 2 days last week and have been just having a rough time of it. Agh!
14.gif
Now I am religiously taking my antihistamines and taking Flonase (steroidal nose spray) to help take care of my allergies so that this doesn''t happen again.

Anyways, can anyone explain how/why it is that if I''ve never had problems like this before, why it is happening all of a sudden. So annoying, huh?

Needless to say, my gym routine is way off track and I''m feeling like a slob. I haven''t been eating properly and haven''t been working out. Not happy with myself.
38.gif
My cousin''s wedding is coming up in August and I really need to get going on my fitness. I saw a wedding dress that I liked and thought ... hell no will I look good in that if I don''t lose some weight. So, as you can imagine, I''ve been super grumpy and staying away from PS since I have nothing positive to share.
25.gif
I''ve been finding out more about losing my job and how much money I''m NOT going to get that I''ve just been a terror to be around. Essentially, when they pay me out, they will only be giving us 75% of what you are entitled to if you take the payout in a lump sum. They will give you 100% if you take periodic pymts but if you get another job while you are still being paid out, you will only get 50% of whatever amt is still remaining in your payout. There is just no way to win here. As you can imagine, I''ve been maintaining a decent level of annoyance and pure aggravation.
12.gif

Glad you like the wedding choices so far. I''m actually making a little scrapbook book thingy that I am going to take around with me to vendors so that they can actually "see" what I like and get a better idea instead of me having to explain to them or lug around 10 pounds of bridal magazines to show them. I wish I could show you but ... I can''t. Boo.

I have another BM dress choice I would like you to see. Can you please let me know, out of the 3 I have shown you, which is your favorite and why?

The invites are NOT cheap so I haven''t gone ahead with them b/c I''m waiting to figure out some budget stuff and meet with a local custom stationer to see how they compare pricewise or what they can suggest for design. I''ll update you after our meeting in July.

Next up is as meeting with some wedding coordinators. I have an appt with one on June 28 and I just want to see if it will be worth our while to spend the money for one so that we can save money in other areas. I hope so. Fingers crossed. I''ll update you on that as well.

I''ve really missed our little daily chats ... Is that weird?
19.gif

Hi LadyPirate!
35.gif
How are you doing? I''ve been meaning to check into the Healthy Lifestyle thread but have been so bummed lately that I just didn''t feel up to it. Besides, I feel more like a nuisance contributing anyways and not like anyone really needs my input or updates. Could just be b/c I''ve been in a deep funk lately but ... you know how it is.

Oh ... forgot to tell you, Paula that my GIA class is almost over. I have one assignment left and then I have to do the final exam. Should be interesting. I hope to wrap this all up before July.

Anyways ... Ms Paula. Here is dress option # 3 ... what do you think? Which is your fave?

Talk to you later and I hope that you are having a great week!!

Pistachio 3.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh ... just wanted to ask if you have any of your pics ready for posting yet. I would love to see them!
emsmiled.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 10:16:16 PM
Author: ladypirate
Just wanted to pop in and say that Angel7 should swing over to the LIW thread and post an update, since you''re at the top of the list and all.
3.gif
Sorry don''t have anything to "update" on....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results