shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Angel7 - Saturday''s Game Plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah you are back!

No, I never was sick.Just really exhausted. Well about my tooth, new insurance FINALLY kicked in and just went on Tuesday night and it turns out that somehting just got lodged..no cavity..nothing bad. Just got some antibiotical mouthwash in case anything was lingering back there. It got better on it''s own but it was just scary/weird. Thank you so much for asking, so sweet of you to remember.

I AM SO SORRY, you are sick AGAIN! That is complete crap. You have gone through enough illness this year. Will it ever end? Geez! (I sound more mad than you do!)

I feel like a slob too. My gym routine has been HORRIBLE! I went once since the cruise and was in pain. How sad is that? We just need to get back into the groove and swing of things. We''ll be ok, I have confidence in us.
31.gif

Ohh I''d love to see a pic of the wedding dress you like! I''m sure you will look great weight loss or not. You just feel like poop because you
are getting over being sick. What a horrible work situation. That really is a lose-lose situation. You have every reason to be grumpy and aggravated! Who could blame you? Have you started looking for a new job or decided what your next move is? (Moving to Seattle, etc?)

I think the scrapbook/binder idea is great. I wish I could see it too!
39.gif
You''ll have to make a virtual one, just for me!
9.gif

Ohh a wedding planner? How nice! That''s a good question, is it worth spending the money on one if it saves in other areas. Please report back, I''d be very interested to hear how that goes.

I know, I feel so lost/bored without or chats!! Like..hey haven''t talked to my friend Sacha in a while. I really don''t post tons so I come in to see how you are doing and look at other rings and stuff. Like I responded to LadyPirates post, "Sorry I don''t have anything to update."

Congrats on the GIA class! Ohh Final Exam, good lukc. You will kick butt!

I''m so glad you are back. OK, I''m going to go look at all your BM dresses and repost my fav!
PS-No pics yet. I know, I know I''m horrible!!
38.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, all the dresses are beautiful. I really like number 1 and number 2 but do you have a front view of number 2? (Then I can decide which I like better, 1 or 2.)
Number 3 is my least fav. Are you going to be strapless because then #3 would flow well with your dress...

ALL great choices! CANNOT WAIT too see it all together!
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 2:38:49 PM
Author: Angel7
Ok, all the dresses are beautiful. I really like number 1 and number 2 but do you have a front view of number 2? (Then I can decide which I like better, 1 or 2.)
Number 3 is my least fav. Are you going to be strapless because then #3 would flow well with your dress...
ALL great choices! CANNOT WAIT too see it all together!
36.gif
Okay ... OH NO!!!
19.gif

It appears as though # 3 was in the lead with other people and I am hopelessly deadlocked. I love the Vneck wrap one the best but I think that #3 looks best in the Pistachio color and will look nice on all the bridesmaids soo ... I was leaning towards that one but I just have no clue.

I think that I''m leaning towards strapless for my dress as well so that may work well as you said ... this is something that I had not previously taken into consideration so ... great point! Thanks!
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

HI! Yay us and our little blog.

I''m so glad that you weren''t sick but it is weird b/c sometimes when you come back from vacation, you are so exhausted you might as well just be sick. You feel just as bad, right?

So glad about your tooth. Tooth pain can be excruciating and SO, SO expensive to fix. Good to know that your chompers re in good order. Makes you want to take extra special care of them when something does hurt though, doesn''t it, b/c you want to avoid getting any cavities or anything bad, right?

I am so sorry I was sick again. Thanks for the sympathy and outrage! Really, I am SO annoyed. At least I am feeling better again this week. I am having a runny nose and some stuffiness still for some reason but at least I''m not hacking up a lung any longer. I am hoping that this will be it and that I will be the picture of health from now on. We''ll see.
20.gif

I am going to the gym tonight.
36.gif
I know that the workout will not be the greatest but it is a step in the right direction, right? I''ll be cheering you on as well.

If I can find a picture I like of the dress I like, I will post it for you.
2.gif
I was thinking I would wait until later on but we''ll see ...

Haven''t started looking for a job yet for exactly that reason! I may be moving to Seattle but I have to get some immigration stuff sorted out before I am authorized to work down there. My consultant has advised that within the next 3 mos, he believes that I will be authorized to work down there so that would work out perfectly for me!! I would be able to get down there and start looking for a job and not have to find one here in the interim, right? This is what I would prefer.

The thing that sucks about the scrapbook is that I can''t make it for you virtually b/c it consists of a whole bunch of cut out magazine stuff. I will do my best to show you what I can though. Actually, you''re not doing that badly b/c you have the color scheme and the dresses and stuff so far so you''re pretty much still in the loop.

The flowers I''ve been torn about. Any suggestions? I was thinking dramatic and bright to serve as a strong contrast to the muted or subtle pistachio and gold colors that are the wedding theme? Recently, I''ve come to the conclusion that I would like orchids. Great.
20.gif
Why must I insist on all this expensive stuff??!! It''s so stupid. Anyways, the orchids will be the bright fuchsia, yellow, purple, orange or jewel toned color ones with the green ones as accents in my bouquet and I want some freesias in there as well ... just a few (love freesias) and maybe the bridesmaids will have the same OR white orchids/flowers with the green orchids as accents? The tall centerpieces will have a clear vase with a single green orchid dangling in the water with a large arrangement on top etc to help tie in the theme. These are all preliminary thoughts so I''m open to feedback. Any suggestions? I know that dahlias will be in season so I was thinking to go with these for the centerpiece arrangements since they should be cheaper and come in great colors??? Let me know what you think and I would especially appreciate it if you have any suggestions.

Now, to the wedding planner. I have a consult booked with one. I am thinking that this is to solely explore all my options b/c it looks as though it may be a little spendy. Anywhere from around $1,500 - $3,000 depending on the limited services I will be requesting. If it was full service ... I''d be looking at around $7,500 - $10,000. Ridiculous!! I am still thinking it will be a good idea, however, I really need to analyze the cost-benefit ... right? I will definitely report back and let you know what I find out. Can you believe that one of the coordinators I really wanted to meet with is booked for my date ALREADY?!! This wedding business is sheer madness, really.
I find that I feel the same. I love reading your updates and look forward to them. Glad to know you feel the same. I find I haven''t been posting much and I miss that but it always feels good to post an update for you or to get one of yours. I know that you''ll always be interested and that''s nice. So thank you!
12.gif

I will keep my fingers crossed about the Diamond exam. If I fail, I will just feel so lame. I''m kind of annoyed that I have to study for something but ... It''s worth it.
25.gif
Thanks for the good luck! I''ll probably have to do it within the next month or so. I''ll report back with an update.

I''m still waiting for your pics, but I''ll let that go ... for now.
41.gif

Do you mind telling me why you prefer one dress over another? I would be interested in your thought process. It might be helpful to me.

Thanks for caring and being interested in my process. Paula. It makes it fun and makes me feel special ...
21.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! Hope you had a fab weekend!
Oh uh, it seems I went against the crowd on this dress thing huh? Number 3 is beautiful but I am just having this aversion to strapless gowns.
If you are going strapless I think the last BM dress would be a great choice! It''s just MY personal preference that led me away from #3 (due to strapless) but it is a beautiful dress so I think you have a winner!!!
36.gif

If you have a pic of the dress you are eyeballing, please let me see it!!!
9.gif
No waiting until later!!!
31.gif

Hope the gym workout went well! I''m still not back on track and am quite disgusted with myself. "Get the gym lazy" is what I keep yelling to myself!

Flowers is so tough. I''m with you, I love the dramatic and bold colors. I love Hydrangeas. (Totally spelled that wrong!) Ohh Orchids are beautiful. Why must we be cursed with such expensive taste?
39.gif
Love tall centerpieces. Gosh, I have no suggestions besides great pictures that I''ve seen. What you have sounds beautiful, I don'' t think you need any suggestions! Any pics of what you are envisioning?
9.gif

Wow, planners are pricey! I cannot believe one is booked already! You are right, wedding business seems crazy! Me and BF were just discussing what kind of wedding we would like and it occured to me that it is just too pricey and I got scared! I just wanted to stop talking about it. (We would have to pay for it) and my realization of a beauitful affair soon turned to poop once I started thinking about how expensive everything is. How about I just get a pretty ring and that''s that?
27.gif

How''s the studying coming? Keep me posted on that test and all of your glamourous wedding updates. I love hearing them!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hello!
35.gif

Yes! I had a great weekend! Thank you. How about you? Anything fun?

I totally hear you on the strapless thing! It''s not my thing either. It seems as though the bridesmaids are split down the middle as to which one they like better as well. I love that dress in the brown color b/c I think that it has such a distinctive look that will "wow" on the wedding day and make for a very attractive and elegant bridal party but don''t think that it will look nice in my pistachio color. Decisions!! This is so annoying.
20.gif
I have no idea how I''m going to make up my mind. Hmmpf! I may very well just buy the brown dress for me.
31.gif
How''s that for an idea?
27.gif

Okay, missy ... how come I''m the only one sharing here??!! I''ll post a pic of the dresses I''ve been eyeing up but it is your turn to share something next time, okay? tapping foot and shaking finger in your general direction.
25.gif

Please do let me know what you think. I really would be interested in your feedback about either.

The workout went well. I''m actually considering getting a personal trainer for the next 2 months. 6 sessions at first (2/week) and then maybe 6 more. This will take care of me until August (for my cousin''s wedding) and then, hopefully, will get me on track towards my workout schedule/routine so that I can start heading in the right direction at a more rapid pace. I''m not really losing weight and I''m getting frustrated since I really want to start trying on dresses but will NOT do so until I lose some weight.
39.gif

Get back to the gym, buster. You helped motivate me to get there, hopefully, I''ll be able to do the same for you.

Will and I will be meeting with several wedding planners the weekend of June 28 and if we decide to go with one (spend some $$ to save some $$) then they should be able to help me formulate my floral plan b/c as is, I''m a bit scattered and having some difficulty deciding which route I want to go in. Hopefully they''ll be able to lead me down the path of less expensive as I seem to be walking in the total opposite direction. Agh!
32.gif

Unfortunately, I don''t have any pics but if I come across any online, I will save them and post them for you.

I know it''s ridiculous expensive but what type of wedding do you envision for yourself IF money was not a concern? I would love to hear all about it and see any pics you have. This is fun!! Don''t worry. I felt exactly the same way and to a certain extent, still do. You''ll find that things just sort of come together once you are in planning mode and you "find" the money for the things that you really want. I know that we''ll be living in a box likely before and after the wedding, however, the wedding day will be a great one!
23.gif
Now with regards to your ring ... any suspicions as to when he''s thinking of proposing? I know he was saving up but has he given anything away? No hints?

Studying isn''t coming at all. I shouldn''t be receiving the test for a bit still so I''m completely not focused on it at all. I know that I will pay for this in the end b/c it''s a real test. No open book! I hope that I get my butt in gear and study up before the date. I would be so embarrassed if I failed. I would be a PS failure!
15.gif

Anyways ... here''s some wedding dress pics. Please share your "honest" thoughts. Not just what you think I may want to hear. I really would appreciate it. Thank you!!

PS SparkDress 1.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Full length shot

PS SparkDress 1 full.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Back
30.gif

I''m all about the cathedral train! I want a super long train so ... if I were to go with this dress, I would be asking them to extend it as it is only semi-cathedral, I believe.
I also believe that I might request some beading along the hem at the front.

PS SparkDress 1 back.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Dress # 2

This one I actually saw in person at a bridal store across from my workplace. It is GORGEOUS in person but I never would have thought it to be my style. The first one is totally my style and I love it but this one is not and I still love it?

This is just the beginning of the search. I can imagine it's only going to get worse once I start trying them on!!
33.gif

Oh and ... I don't think that I would have the funky halter neckline thingy. I think that I would have them alter the neckline so that it is strapless instead. Not sure. Also, the train would be longer.
18.gif

PS SparkDress 2.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Full length.

PS SparkDress 2 Side Front.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yum! Love the back. I wish I could go shopping with you and show you both dresses in person!! This one, especially, is just so much better in person.

Love the back!
18.gif
36.gif

Both dresses have a gold color type thread sort of woven through them. This is EXACTLY what I''m looking for as the wedding colors are Pistachio and Gold and gold looks fantastic on me.
16.gif

PS SparkDress 2 Back.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay buddy ... ball''s in your court. Let me have it! What do you think?

36.gif
or
14.gif

I''m so excited for you to see them! I''m so lame.
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Had long post, of course lost it all. I''ll post again tonight. SO ANNOYED!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh computers are so frustrating! Ok, I''m at home ready to start ALL OVER!

My favorite of the dresses are in the following order:
-Dress #1 - Love the detail and beading. I,like you, love the long train! I think it''s stunning
-Dress #3 - Looks so elegant and timeless and the back is simply stunning
-Dress #2 - Very pretty but I agree, not a fan of the halter neck thing going on. But if you choose to do it without, I think it''s a beautiful gown.
Regardless, they are all beautiful choices and you can''t go wrong. Just like your BM dresses! You have made some awesome selections!
Can''t wait until you actually go and try some on. Those will be great pics and updates that I am so looking forward to!

On the bm dress, I say you just go with your gut. When you look at them, is there one that just tugs at you a bit more than the others? If so, I say go for that one!!
So many options and decisions, I just can''t imagine!! I''ll go nuts. You''ve seen my decision process, I couldn''t decide between round or square for a diamond, imagine a whole wedding!!
23.gif
Thank god you were there to help me on that one!
9.gif

Ok, ok. I will post some boring cruise photos. Sorry but no face ones, remember? Hey, me and Will agree on this one. Sorry I am a cyber scardy cat! My friends make fun of me because I won''t even join My Space or Facebook!
3.gif

I think a personal trainer is a GREAT idea! I still have not gotten back into my routine. I''m horrible, I know!!! Plus, once you learn all the correct exercises from the trainer, you can use them and incorporate them even after your sessions are over! I should get one. Hopefully they don''t yell if you aren''t running fast enough on the treadmill..I think that''s where my fear lies and which is why I''ve never gotten one. Afraid, they''ll make fun of me!
21.gif
I just saw a lady in my neighboorhood who I''ve seen jogging around the block since winter, man she has LOST WEIGHT! She looked great, I couldn''t believe it. I got down on myself for not doing as good as she has! Good for her! NEED TO GET BACK ON TRACK!!! Why does losing weight have to be so difficult?

I think a wedding planner will help you narrow down your flower choices and even give you some less expensive options. Good move. Yes, post pics if you see any flowers you like. Have you been visiting all the basic bridal sites? (The Knot, Brides, etc)

My though on a wedding has evolved over the years. I always saw myself having a big church wedding. Don''t really want that anymore. (My family might get a bit angry, but oh well) Me and BF both like the idea of having the ceremony and reception all in one place with an option of people staying the night. Like a resort/hotel/golf course type of place. I hate the delay/wait after the church and then waiting for the reception to start. This way, we get to cut that part out. We would still have a priest, just not the whole church thing. I feel like my wedding will be very bittersweet. It''s of course a happy occassion but at the same time it''s sad because my mom and dad have both passed away, my father within the last 2 years. So it will be hard in that sense and sometimes I just think, who needs a wedding? Especially since both sides of my family can''t stand each other and its always such drama, you know? I often think, I dont want to have a wedding or a big affair because everyone else will make it so difficult but then I think, well dammit, I deserve one! Sort of mix feelings....anyhoo on a seperate note but still kind of a downer note....
The other morning I was up really early and this wedding show was on so I watched and I loved these items of how you can remember those you''ve lost on your wedding day. I thought these ideas were so precious, love the bouquet one. (BTW - This website has some very cool invites)

http://www.myjeanm.com/engine.cfm?iCatID=36678
http://www.myjeanm.com/engine.cfm?iCatID=15283

No ideas about the proposal. My bday is at the end of July but that''s too soon, maybe Christmas? Nah...who the hell knows!
2.gif
All I know is that he is saving. Not quite sure what the heck he is saving for, but he is! I''m like, "babe, I''m not quite sure what you think you NEED to buy me but geez, how long are you going to save for?" Anyway, that''s enough about me and my pathetic existence!

You will do great on the test. I can''t imagine how you can sit down to concentrate to study with all you have going on! I''m sure you will do great, I have faith in you!!!
Thanks again for sharing all your pics and listening to me blabber on. Ok, I really tried to attach some pics and it''s not working. I think my security settings aren''t allowing me to! I''ll keep trying!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh Paula ... thanks for such a great update!

I'm so touched that you would share personal thoughts and ideas with me.
emrose.gif
My eyes are all welled up.
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif
I'm such a geek. After reading your post, this little girl was singing on America's Got Talent and I just started crying. I'm glad no one is here. Okay... enough. Using jammie sleeves to wipe eyes. I'm going to address your post in order .... I read your first one today at work and got SO annoyed for you. I HATE that! There is NOTHING more infuriating that typing up a long post and losing it. Agh! Anyways, thanks for starting over. I suspect that this one was even better than the first one you did. Everything happens for a reason, right?

So glad you like the dresses. I had to laugh b/c I made it confusing for you ... "#3" IS actually #2 ... just the back view. After reading your post, I scrolled back to check it out and yes ... they do look different when you look at the front and back. I think it's b/c from the back you don't really see that funky halter thingy.

This gave me a little chuckle though. I was like ... did I post 3 dresses?
33.gif
I wasn't sure b/c there is one by Private Label by G, dress # 1302 that I'm checking out but not certain about b/c I've never seen it in person and when I look at the full length pic, the skirt part looks a bit like whipped cream or mashmallowy. If you get a chance maybe you can look it up quickly online and let me know your thoughts?? I'm sure that you will find that you love the bodice as well though. It is just so gorgeous! ... So easy for me to get side tracked .. okay back to responding to your post.

Okay ... so #1 is your favorite. Great! I love it too. I'm glad you like the same things as me.
Don't you think that the gold threading or whatever they call it will be amazing with my wedding colors??
I can just imagine it with a longer train! Perfection, anyone?
What do you think about me requesting some beading along the front hem? I think that is the only part about the dress that I'm not in love with ... the front skirt hem. It's so plain and just seems like it is missing something? Maybe that it b/c I'm super glamor girl and always over the top but possibly, just possibly, it could be b/c it's true??
3.gif
Thoughts?

My stomach just kind of fell a little bit b/c I was thinking that if I am having such a hard time choosing between bm dresses selections, it is just going to be a nightmare for MY dress!! Maybe I should close my eyes and pick one and don't look back ... Yeah right!
20.gif
That would NEVER happen. I am such a freak show that I would likely run into the bridal salon on the day before the wedding crying and asking them to give me the other one???

Onto dress# 2 ... Yes, it does look elegant. It's lace. This threw me for a loop b/c I totally did not think that I would be a lace girl but this dress is a for sure stunner in person. The pictures just don't do it justice. I'm pretty certain that I would chopping the halter thing and making it strapless if I were to go with that one. I think I'm hesitating about dress# 2 b/c I'm scared about how it would fit. Given the material and the cut, I'm thinking, unless I'm in tip top shape, it will cling to all the WRONG areas.
This being said, I love the trumpet skirt. It's not mermaid and too restricting but it still has that close to the body look that starts to flare slightly from the hips. I just love, love, love this look and always have. Now, this being said as well, when I look at dress#2 sometimes I get concerned that it may not be "in your face" weddingy enough in that if it wasn't ivory colored, it might just look like a regular dress, right? Do you get what I'm saying? I have always wanted to be a bride's bride on my wedding day so I really want a "wedding" dress. Oh gosh! I'm not even going to read back that paragraph. I'm sure I've managed to confuse you. Sorry for the mindless blather.
24.gif

Thanks so much for sharing your opinion! I can't wait to start the "try on" phase as well. I keep asking salons if they allow pics b/c I will absolutely have to take pictures!! If not for me, definitely for you, my far away friend. How could I ever explain to you if you couldn't actually see??!! I'm so glad you are looking forward to it as well b/c honey you are going to be bombarded when the time comes. You poor thing.
25.gif

With regards to the bm dresses ... they both tug at me for different reasons and THIS is the problem! So frustrating. I'll keep mulling it over and see where my thoughts lead. At this moment, simply given the color of the strapless one, that one will be my choice b/c that really is the color I'm going for. The other one or "my favorite" is an amazing dress but I really think that it looks best in brown and since that is not one of my "primary" wedding colors, it misses out by default? Who knows, maybe tomorrow I will think something else. It's amazing the depth of the capacity I have to think about these types of things that, in the scheme of things, don't really matter at all!!

It seems like such a long time ago that we were talking about your square vs. round, doesn't it? I'm so happy that you were able to make a decision that you are pleased with. You're welcome for any assistance that I provided but really, it was my pleasure. That was so much fun. I remember going away on the weekend to see Will and coming in first thing on Monday to see your update and how your shopping trip went. I also believe that I spent a couple of Saturdays stalking the computer awaiting your shopping trip updates. Too bad that we don't live closer so that we can go to the local jewelery places and do some damage. Now that would be fun. Does that jeweler lady at the store you liked still keep in touch with you or do you still go and visit ever?

Cruise pics! Yay!
36.gif
... I can't wait! Should I get a snack and sit back and enjoy the show??! Actually, it doesn't look as though there will be much of a show tonight. I will still await your pics ... I'm just happy that you do intend on sharing them with me. No faces is fine ... It's too bad b/c I'd love to get to know the face behind the screen name, so to speak but I totally understand. If I could take down my pic, I would. I remember being so freaked out that it was so huge and out there for the WHOLE creepy internet world to see. What was I thinking??!! PS will do that for you. I must have been super duper excited or something??! So funny about My Space and Facebook ---- ME EITHER! I refuse. Most of my friends live back East or other places in the States so it would be nice to be able to keep in touch via Facebook but I just don't want to and I don't know why. Look at the two hypocrite internet freaks we are talking about Facebook and My Space. I think that the problem is that, given the option, we spend waaaay too much time on PS to be able to devote ourselves to another blogging forum. Besides, do they talk about jewelry, diamonds or weddings there? If not, I'm not interested.
25.gif
My point is that my friends make terrible fun of me as well so, take comfort in the fact that you are in good company.
35.gif

A personal trainer IS a great idea. Now, if I could only take the plunge. I don't have the money right now but I was trying to make it a priority, so to speak but ... given that I can work out for free and just put my mind to it to do it harder, I'm struggling with the expenditure. I am, however, getting annoyed with my workout buddy b/c she works out for what, maybe 8 to 15 mins and then just pitters and patters around the gym doing some wieghts. She gets impatient b/c I'm taking too long b/c I do at least a half an hour of cardio and by that time she's done her rounds in the entire gym and she is waiting for me??! WTH?! I find it really annoying even though she hasn't actually said ... I'm waiting for you but you get the point, right?! Since the gym is at her place, I don't really have much to say but I'm thinking maybe it will be better for me to get a trainer and really make the most of my time and spend at least 45 - 60 mins in the gym. This way, since I'm already blocking off the time and trying to work out, I will actually get the most impact and benefit possible. A 15 min workout is NOT going to help me achieve my goals. Can you tell that I'm annoyed?
38.gif
Still considering the trainer and will update you if I decide to go ahead with it. oh ... they won't yell at me, will they?!
23.gif
Oh no! They better warm up their vocal cords b/c they'll be doing A LOT of yelling b/c this fat butt only goes so fast right now and that's it. Good for the lady in your neighbourhood. That is so amazing for her! You know, I know that that should motivate me but it just makes me feel like going home and stuffing my face with something to eat b/c I feel so inept that I can't achieve my goals the way that she has. Sounds as though you went through the same thing. Do you know her very well? Maybe you could be work out buddies or at least jog around the neighbourhood together?? You'll get back on track when you are ready. Don't stress yourself but get back to it. You'll feel better for it. I promise.

I think I have like 5 wedding planner interviews lined up. Will is going to kill me! Yes, I have been visiting various web sites and ... don't tell anyone, but I actually even joined The Knot. I haven't posted anything but I've been reading up and using some of their tools and stuff. Good idea. If I see something I like, I will save it for you and post it. You should see the questions I have lined up for the wedding planners, it's a total interview. Who knows .. after these "consultations" they may decide that they don't want me as a client ... can't say that I blame them though.
4.gif
This one planner I have been trying to get in touch with her via phone and email since last week. She hasn't even responded to my emails or voice mail messages. It's the craziest thing. She comes really highly recommended from a few sources so I'm shocked but ... really, as a client, would I want to deal with her if she can't return a phone call for a prospective client?! I think not, however, I look forward to her call b/c I just need to ask her what the deal is. That's madness. I think that the appropriate turnaround time is within 1 day. Not a week!

Wow! It is interesting how we change over time, isn't it? The wedding you would have had in your early 20's is definitely not the one you would have now. I totally hear you on the big church wedding thing. I LOVE the idea of the resort/hotel and staying over night. I love this b/c it prolongs the party in my mind and that's what it is all about. A wedding is a celebration of a union and there is nothing worse than when it is less than celebratory. Having an all in one event so to speak keeps the energy up and people excited and in wedding mode. It's an opportunity for reunions and just an all around good time. Love it. I'm sure that when you decide to do it, it will be amazing.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your parents (and just in case you had any doubt ... yes, I am welling up again) You're a tough kid ... seems as though you've gone through A LOT in the past couple of years but you are still trudging along and making a way for yourself in the world. Good for you! Sounds condescing in font but I'm serious. I fell apart when my *cat* died and every now and then I break down when I think about losing my parents so for you to have gone through it and come out on the other side okay ... I admire you.
12.gif

I've lost some grandparents .. not the same but I know how loss feels especially at poignant times in your life. Given that I'm an only child as well, sometimes it can get pretty lonely out there, right? While your parents will not be with you on your wedding day, take heart knowing that, whereas other people may have their parents buzzing around and detracting from their wedding experience, you will have 2 precious angels in heaven looking down on you and doing everything they can to make sure that your special day is everything that you ever wanted it to be. I'm serious. By the way, I'll give you my mom if you would like. We'd have to talk about return policy though b/c I'm sure that you would want to give her back. I know that she is going to get very annoying, very soon but ... it is a gift to be able to experience the annoyance. I have my cat, Cuddles as my little angel in heaven. I don't know if she'll be any good at helping me through my wedding but I will certainly miss her on my big day as well.

With regards to both sides of the family not getting along. Why does family have to be so annoying? It is all drama, isn't it? Unfortunately, sometimes, this is what makes it memorable and fun. Families are crazy. They just are. This should not take away from your nuptial celebration. You've found something incredible with your bf and you are going to forge a life together and create your own family. This deserves recognition and a celebration. It IS important .... as long as it is important to you. Don't let the misgivings of family nonsense dissuade you. Besides, I have a sneaky suspicion that you would be able to plan the heck out of a wedding and it would be beautiful. You have such great ideas that, once all put together, will add up to one heck of an amazing party. Don't rob yourself of being "the bride" ... I'm sure that your mom, although she is in heaven now, is still waiting for that day and will cry a few tears of joy when she sees her baby walking down the aisle. You don't want her to start throwing bolts of thunder your way now, do you?
9.gif

I checked out the links and I love that stuff. I'm thinking about maybe getting one of the bouquet frame things for a picture of my grandpa. He was incredible and I'm fairly certain that I will not make it through my wedding day without shedding a tear for him. Thank you for sharing this stuff with me. I checked out their locations and they are sold out of a place here in Seattle so when I get a chance, I'm heading in their direction. I'll let you know if I pick up anything.

Hmmpf! Your bf is good. Not giving away anything. I wonder how many pennies he has in his piggy back now? What a good guy. When you do get your ring, it is going to be spectacular and everything or more than you have ever envisioned for yourself. Seriously, enjoy this time. The anticipation is fun. You know what he's up to and it's only a matter of time. He is killing me here though ... I want to know what he's up to. I won't tell you but I need to know. No chance he'll share with your crazy online buddy, huh?
25.gif

You are right! I have no idea how I'm going to concentrate on studing for this test either but I really want to the certificate so I suspect that I will buckle down and make it happen. Thanks for having faith in me. Sometimes it's so hard for us to have it in ourselves so it takes others to get us through.
21.gif

You are most welcome. I'm happy to both share my pics and listen to anything you have to share. Actually, I appreciate that you are interested in my blabbering and ridiculous details and that you would like to 'blabber' on with me. I totally look forward to it. Now ... I'm going to copy this update b/c it's taken me like an hour to write it so if I lose it, I will lose my computer b/c I'll be throwing it out the window.
29.gif

With regards to your computer giving you a hard time posting pics ...
38.gif
38.gif
is all I have to say.

Off to bed!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry! I didn''t mean to make you emotional.
39.gif
I GREATLY appreciate all your kind words. You have such thoughtful things to say, really makes me feel good. Thanks again. I''m sorry about your kitty! Ok back to the good stuff, your wedding!!!
36.gif

I''m sorry that I''m stupid and didn''t realize it was only two dresses! You must have been like, what is she smoking?
33.gif
The back of the 2nd dress is beautiful though. Is this the Private G dress?
http://store.dealergownsstore.com/servlet/-strse-986/Private-Label-G-1302/Detail
Very pretty top but I am just not a fan of the pick up gowns which the bottom of that dress is. Totally agree though, the bodice is to die for! Maybe there''s a similar one without the pick up bottom? I definitley see what kind of dress you are learning towards and I''m liking it!

I think the gold threading on the first one will go great with the rest of your colors. It is all going to mesh so well!!
36.gif
I think the beading along the hem will look great. They can do ANYTHING with dresses now a days. Go for it!

Dress #2 - I think lace is beautuiful. I agree, it''s not my first choice but when I see certain dresses I just think, wow that''s beautiful. There is just an elegance to it...
I hear you about things clinging to the WRONG areas...that''s never anything any woman wants!
3.gif
Have you tried any of these on? I totally understand about wanting to be a brides bride on your wedding day but you never know, you could see yourself in that dress with a veil and it all together and think, wow...this is beautiful and I feel like a bride. CANNOT WAIT TO SEE ALL THE TRY ON PICS!! (you can chop off your head or blur out your face, no worries)

If you love the color of the strapless bm dress and you are most likey going to go strapless, I say you go with that one! done! Easy peasy. (Did you make sure your church is ok with that?) I''ve heard a lot of situations where the church requires the ladies to cover their shoulders/arms...just a thought so that you don''t get a bad surprise down the road!

It does seem like years since we had the round vs square talk. Those were fun times. Now I''m bored, no ring shopping. What''s the point in life if you aren''t shopping for diamonds?
31.gif
27.gif
Ohh that would be SO FUN AND DANGEROUS if we lived close to each other!! Ahh now I''m sad that I dont have a diamond buddy near me.
39.gif
Yes, I stop in and say hi and she''ll call if they have an event or a ring to show me! She emailed me the other day asking what I thought about Gold selling parties in peoples homes. (kinda like tupperware but selling gold). I have a daydream in my head that one of my guy friends one day will be like, "Paula, I''m ready to propose to my gf, can you help me find a ring?" I''d be like, "OMG I have the perfect lady I want you to meet." Then I''d go and be part of the process and have fun. Sad huh?
38.gif

I''m not joking you, posting pics is starting to get horrilby hard. I have no idea what the heck is going on! I''m going to try again though!

That''s tough that you have a workout buddy that works out 15 minutes. That is NOT effective! I''d be annoyed too..I completeley understand. Can''t your friend just leave you in her gym? do you have to enter and leave with here there? No, I don''t know the girl very well but yes, I felt defeated and wanted to go inside and just eat and say forget it. I''m done! Still not back on track. I SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
emcry.gif

5 Wedding planners? Wow! That''s going to be a fun day! God Bless Will. BF would just get up and leave me there to meet with them alone. Why should you be embarrassed about joining the Knot? You are engaged! I have been on The Knot for years! (I do wedding invites on the side) so joined to get some advertising exposure and then just starting looking at stuff and savinng what I like. Who''s a bigger loser? The lady that''s engaged or the non-engaged dork looking at wedding stuff? I win that loser contest!
9.gif
That is not good that the wedding planner isn''t calling you back. I wouldn''t even want to deal with her now. Have you heard from her yet?

Keep me posted on any new wedding developments!! Love hearing them!

907219684209_0_ALB.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of our TINY room

421712944209_0_ALB.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Pool/Deck Area

505432944209_0_ALB.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Arriving at the Bahamas!

932792944209_0_ALB.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Towel Animals!

639845944209_0_ALB.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Our Ship!

789703944209_0_ALB.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Key West. Thanks for checking out my boring pics!

631884944209_0_KEYWEST.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!
36.gif
Pictures!
36.gif
Yay!
36.gif

They are great. It looks so beautiful. I could just imagine your excitement when you saw your cruise ship and got into your room and then ventured out to check out all the "stuff"! SO exciting! Isn't that just the best feeling ever ... right at the beginning of a vacation when your trip holds so much promise and all the anticipation has come to a climax ... only to be tempered with the deep, sandquick like depths of depression you feel when your long awaited trip is coming to a close. Agh! I so wish I would have been on that cruise ship but am happy that I was not b/c I would likely still be holding myself and rocking back and forth in a closet not wanting to come out and face "real" life again.
25.gif

Thanks for sharing the pics ..sorry they gave you so much trouble. Did you have any pics that you wanted to share of Atlantis? I just wanted to get a peek.
1.gif

No worries about me getting emotional. Believe me, it's not hard. It wasn't a bad emotional either. It was the good kind. I felt honored that you would share with me and felt more human for "knowing" your pain and being able to identify with much of your thoughts. You are most welcome though ... Glad I made you feel good.
12.gif
So there - favor returned. You made me feel good as well.
You're so funny - thanks for mentioning Cuddles. She was such a sweet cat. Funny story I wanted to share ... this morning I was driving to work and I thought about what I had written and felt like such a jerk b/c I didn't mention in the whole wedding memorial thing that we would be thinking about Will's brother. His older brother died years ago when he was 19 or so so it was pretty traumatic for the family and their hearts still hurt very much for his loss. I never knew him but it makes me sad as well. I can't believe that I mentioned my deceased cat before I mentioned his brother. Am I horrible or what?!
40.gif

No - You are not stupid. Funny but not stupid.
25.gif
The dress does look different from the back so it's easy to see why you thought there were three.

YES! You found the dress. I knew you, the Google queen would. I was too tired from typing all that novel to look it up for you so thank you for doing that for me and taking a look. I'm glad you feel the same way ... I was admiring the dress when I only saw the shots of the top and when I found that there was a full length shot I got so excited and when I opened it up I kinda went "Oh no!" It just doesn't look nice. The pick ups make it look marshmallowy or like Whipped Cream gone wild. I believe that they do have similar dresses with the beading on top but I will have to see them in person to figure it out. Unfortunately, although that top part is perfect ... I just can't deal with all that pick up business on that dress in particular. It's funny, isn't it, b/c on another dress all those pick ups might look great but it just doesn't do it on this one.

Glad you like the idea of the gold thread & altering the dress to suit me more ... both of the dress pics that I showed you have it so this makes me happy. You know what ... I am still well over a year away from the wedding but I'm really excited about these dresses. I wonder if my "taste" will change and I will have bought my dress too early .... What do you think? I'm not thinking about buying a dress until January of next year .... From now until about December should be sufficient time to sort of "nail" down what I'm looking for and what will be perfect for our wedding day, right?

You're right. Both are beautiful and I have no doubt that as I start to scout around more, I will find more that I really like. I suspect that it will be really easy or at least easier to pick a real winner once we enter into the trying on phase. I am thinking that there may be some horror stories. Ones that I love may end up making me look like a dog licker. This is not the look I'm going for so ... it should be easy to forget about these ones, however, this being said ... as a girl ... I'm sure that when the dress doesn't look nice on me, I will just think it is my fault and considering not eating or exercising in excess. Sounds about right, right?
19.gif

This killed me ... I couldn't stop laughing - you're such a diehard girl -- "CANNOT WAIT TO SEE ALL THE TRY ON PICS!! (you can chop off your head or blur out your face, no worries) Tee hee.
9.gif
Yes. I will oblige ... I may even show you some eyebrown or chin if not my whole face.
6.gif

Easy peasy is right. I'm thinking we have a plan, Stan - the strapless dress. On one condition though, I have to see a swatch in person ... if the color is bang on - that's the dress, baby! Woo hoo!
36.gif

And you are soooo good. Yes, thank you very much. I did check with the church and the wedding coordinator there confirmed that our priest is all good with that. My co-worker had given me a head's up about her church not allowing strapless so I was onto that but if I would not have thought about it, thanks for sharing that with me b/c I'm aiming for no nasty surprises like that on my wedding day, right. My priest is really cool. He pretends to be a curmudgeon but he is really personable and quite funny.

You know what ... I'm bored too! I want to do some jewelry shopping as well. That was so fun. Now, I'm still working on my wedding bands but I want more bling!!
39.gif
Why aren't I super rich??!! On that note ... you must have forgotten but I've been holding out on you ... Remember I told you that I have some pics of the prospective wedding band and some other goodies I took pictures of when I last visited Mary ... You wouldn't, by chance, like to see them, would you?
33.gif
27.gif

Your dream is hilarious! Not sad at all! I TOTALLY understand! One of Will's coworkers has a gf that he wants to marry and I am basically stalking the guy out and trying to insert ideas in his head and pushing the idea of cut being most important etc. I don't want him to think that I'm crazy so I'm hoping that when he is really ready that he will come to me and inquire but .... if not, I have to think of something else. Nobody will buy from a maul store or buy crap under my watch ... no one!

Workout update ... I've done amazing this week - 4 days and all hard work outs! I'm so proud of myself. I brought up my "concern" with my 10 min cardio workout buddy the other day and asked her if I was inconveniencing her b/c our objectives are different and she has dressed back ... She is now watching the clock and we're agreeing on a finish time. This has been working nicely and I've been getting in at least 30 mins or cardio but most times more like 45 mins. As you can tell, this has made me in much better spirits. I've been quite sore this week and that feels nice b/c it makes me feel as though I actually have been doing something and there will be some longer term effect as as result. By the way ... you don't suck. I understand where you are and working out is just as mental as it is physical. If your head is not in it for whatever reason, you will not be focused and will either not do it or not do it well. Give yourself some time but if you ever do feel like going - just do it ... Once you get into a schedule again, you'll get right back in the swing of things. How about asking bf to join you for walks or something ... Would that help to motivate you?

5 Wedding planners! and apparently a photographer now!!
23.gif
It's going to be one heck of a couple of days! God Bless Will, indeed. He has been so good. I'm just hoping I don't push him until he snaps.
17.gif
I entered this contest thing from the Knot for photography with Bella Pictures and then, of course, since they had all of our info, they contacted us for a consult. I'm thinking that they are a little shady b/c I don't know anything about them but ... it should be interesting to check out this consult and see what they have to say. I will fill you in and if they are bogus I will let you know ... Have you heard anything about this particular company? Gimme the scoop.

I'm not really embarrassed about joining the Knot but I just hear such bad stuff about the people on there that it just seems like a not good place to be. Given what you shared ... I went out today and started scouring for pics. Great idea .. Thank you. Now ... ahem ... you do invites??! Were you holding out on me, missy? I had no idea. Do you have a company name or do you have pictures of your invites? Do you have anything that you think I might like for our wedding??? Please do share. Pretty please!!!

Wedding planner ... I'm thinking that that term has been used loosely ... NO! She has not called me back or emailed me or anything. This is getting ridiculous but like a dog with a bone, I just won't let it go. I want to talk to her and hear from her mouth what the deal is. If she is just a jerk and operates her business this way, I just want to blog badly about her so that other brides will know. It's so hard trying to figure out who is good vs who is not so if I can help out another bride by ranting about her and not responding to prospective clients inquiries ... I will do so. I'm evil like that.
11.gif

I can't wait for another one of your installments ... Happy Friday tomorrow!!
35.gif

eta -- forgot to mention - the towel animals are hilarious! Love the sunglasses. That was your idea, wasn't it?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Sacha -
I just wanted to say hi! I know, I haven''t been on in ages..work has been crazy.
I''ll get to a full post tonight or this weekend.
Have a great 4th, ok wait nevermind, you are in Canada.
3.gif

Ok have a great weekend...talk to you soon!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paula!
35.gif

I know what you mean ... I haven''t had time either!! Crazy busy. I''ll have to fill you in on the wedding planner interviews etc. So much to catch up on.

Happy 4th to you!
36.gif
I''ll be in Seattle tomorrow and for the weekend so I won''t get a chance to update you but I will do son next week if you pop in to PS.

Glad you are getting into the swing of things at work.

Happy kinda Friday?
25.gif

Have a great holiday weekend!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paula!
35.gif

Hope you had a great long weekend! I always feel like I''m missing something when we go for so long without an update. I hope all is well.

Well ... we''ve had a crazy busy time over the past few weekends. Here are the updates.

Wedding Planner Interviewing/Consultations

We had 5 wedding planner interviews scheduled over 4 days and one photographer consult. The weekend before last we took care of this ... We also had to fit a wedding in. The wedding, by the way, was wonderful. Very nice. I''m glad we went.

Talk about overwhelming. All of the planners we met with were friendly, accomplished and well respected within the Seattle area. It was so hard to make a decision. There was one that I thought was phenomenal and was ready to sign a contract for on the spot but ... of course, as is the case with most things in life, it''s just not that easy. She, of course, was the most expensive - $7500 flat fee.
23.gif
NO ands, ifs or buts. Regardless of what she is required to do for you, she is going to charge that amt. Her services are comprehensive but aside from not having that kind of money, I don''t think I need that kind of service but ... if it were affordable, I would have taken advantage of it, for certain!!!

Another one, both Will and I loved and we had a great rapport with her. Easy conversation, great sense of humor, the right image etc. Unfortunately, from a business perspective she was a little gauging ... 15% extra for long weekends/holidays and $150 extra if you have a split ceremony/reception wedding. We didn''t appreciate this but given that she was so great we would have dealt with it but, ultimately, this gauging pushed her pricing up over the next contender, which left her out of the running. I still think that we will get together socially as we just clicked with her but she won''t be our planner.

The next planner was a little late to our meeting but so were we since we got lost and she did not have the professional mage I was seeking or basically doesn''t look how I envision a wedding planner (to casual and fresh off the beach like), however, she is right on top of everything, has phenomenal follow up and has already gone above and beyond for us without us even hinting at wanting to secure her services. She also is quite flexible and willing to move on her prices and pymt structure etc. She has a great reputation, lots of experience and was even a Knot pick last year, I believe. All around good choice. We have selected her and are happy with this decision. She has the best price point and has fantastic vendor relationships, which is what we primarily wanted a planner for. Hopefully, she will be able to negotiate some decent deals for us.

The other two had great credentials and were very nice but just lacking something that we were looking for. Once we sign our contract with our choice, I will have to let these ones know and it is going to be hard since we genuinely liked them all. It''s strange. I kept on looking for reasons why we wouldn''t like them but ... to no avail. I guess this "Likeability" factor is something that you require to work in the wedding industry.

There was one more who I wanted to meet with but she took 2 weeks to respond to my initial inquiry so, needless to say, I wasn''t interested. I did, however, stalk her via email and voicemail until she actually acknowledged my inquiries. I was just so annoyed that she wouldn''t have the common courtesy to respond to a prospective client. I guess she is losing her gusto for the industry and just needs to get out. Agh. Irritating.

We''ve met with a few photographers and have quite a few more to meet with before we can make a decision but I did get a chance to meet with another floral designer and she is amazing. I love her work and she just "got" my ideas and was able to translate them for me into a cohesive theme that I began to be able to visualize. No one else that I have discussed flowers or event design with has been able to do that. I hope that we do go with her and that she does as amazing work as she always seems to do.

Wow. This seems really dry. I wanted to give you the full meal deal update etc but I figured that that could be super, super boring for you. Poor Will has been a trooper. He has had a rough time with consult after consult but he''s hanging in there ... at least hanging in there that I am communicating our schedule to him better. He had a bit of a meltdown when he realized how back to back we were with appts so we''ve come to a truce and I now include him in the loop and try not to take him for granted by actually asking if he is okay with xyz... This has really helped. I can''t believe that I was just on autopilot before and not really considering that. Oh well, we can''t be perfect all the time, can we?

I almost forgot! We met with a custom invite company and they are working on a mock up for us that we should be getting to see at the beginning of August. I''m SO excited. They do amazing work and they have a great idea about what we are looking for so I cannot wait to see what they come up with! I can''t wait to share it with you either.

Anyways, I think that you are updated ... How are things with you? How''s work ... anything new? What have you been up to?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Ms Paula! You haven''t been around in a while so I''m dying to share my wedding planning stuff with someone ... Oh wait, I get it, maybe that''s why you haven''t been around.
25.gif

emotion-19.gif
emcake.gif
emotion-19.gif
emcake.gif
Happy Birthday
to me today!
emotion-19.gif
emcake.gif
emotion-19.gif
emcake.gif

Wanted to celebrate with one of my favorite PS friends.

I hope all is well and that you will pop back in soon. I''ve missed you ... in a non-creepy online forum way.
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I signed on just to say happy bday! I remembered you were one week after mine. Us sassy Leo''s!
emsmilep.gif

It has been SO CRAZY at my new job that I feel so bad for not posting! How have you been? It''s been way too long!
Ok, I am going to go and read your other post and reply to that cuz I see some wedding details in it and I CANNOT wait to read what you have been planning.
So..what did we get for the bday?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Talk about overwhelming. All of the planners we met with were friendly, accomplished and well respected within the Seattle area. It was so hard to make a decision. There was one that I thought was phenomenal and was ready to sign a contract for on the spot but ... of course, as is the case with most things in life, it''s just not that easy. She, of course, was the most expensive - $7500 flat fee.
23.gif
NO ands, ifs or buts. Regardless of what she is required to do for you, she is going to charge that amt. Her services are comprehensive but aside from not having that kind of money, I don''t think I need that kind of service but ... if it were affordable, I would have taken advantage of it, for certain!!! - Wow, I had no idea that planners could be so much money. Sounds like she would make an affair to remember for $7500 is A LOT of cash! I can see why you moved on..wise choice

Another one, both Will and I loved and we had a great rapport with her. Easy conversation, great sense of humor, the right image etc. Unfortunately, from a business perspective she was a little gauging ... 15% extra for long weekends/holidays and $150 extra if you have a split ceremony/reception wedding. We didn''t appreciate this but given that she was so great we would have dealt with it but, ultimately, this gauging pushed her pricing up over the next contender, which left her out of the running. I still think that we will get together socially as we just clicked with her but she won''t be our planner. - Ok I agree about the price gauging but look at it this way, you now have a new friend which is always awesome! Those rates do seem a bit extreme

The next planner was a little late to our meeting but so were we since we got lost and she did not have the professional mage I was seeking or basically doesn''t look how I envision a wedding planner (to casual and fresh off the beach like), however, she is right on top of everything, has phenomenal follow up and has already gone above and beyond for us without us even hinting at wanting to secure her services. She also is quite flexible and willing to move on her prices and pymt structure etc. She has a great reputation, lots of experience and was even a Knot pick last year, I believe. All around good choice. We have selected her and are happy with this decision. She has the best price point and has fantastic vendor relationships, which is what we primarily wanted a planner for. Hopefully, she will be able to negotiate some decent deals for us. CONGRATS on picking a planner! How exciting. I cannot wait to hear about all the great ideas you guys come up with. I agree, you wouldn''t think wedding planner with that fresh off the beach look. Do you watch Whose Wedding is it Anyway or Bridezillas or any of those shows? I just keep thinking of some of those Wedding planners and their image etc. So have you guys collaborated on anything for the wedding yet?

There was one more who I wanted to meet with but she took 2 weeks to respond to my initial inquiry so, needless to say, I wasn''t interested. I did, however, stalk her via email and voicemail until she actually acknowledged my inquiries. I was just so annoyed that she wouldn''t have the common courtesy to respond to a prospective client. I guess she is losing her gusto for the industry and just needs to get out. Agh. Irritating. - I remember you saying how this one never bothered to get back to you. If you have to chase them for business, I always feel like they must not need it bad enough. I think you made a good choice. What a packed weekend/couple weekends you guys had!

We''ve met with a few photographers and have quite a few more to meet with before we can make a decision but I did get a chance to meet with another floral designer and she is amazing. I love her work and she just ''got'' my ideas and was able to translate them for me into a cohesive theme that I began to be able to visualize. No one else that I have discussed flowers or event design with has been able to do that. I hope that we do go with her and that she does as amazing work as she always seems to do. Congrats on the florist!
emrose.gif
Any pics for me to see? You guys are doing AWESOME! It seems like you''ve already done so much of the leg work. Did you hire the wedding planner to work with the vendors and negotiate better deals? On some of these wedding shows you see the wedding planner pick everything and the bride is just like, oh whatever you think...I will not be like that and I don''t think you are like that either!
31.gif

Wow. This seems really dry. I wanted to give you the full meal deal update etc but I figured that that could be super, super boring for you. Poor Will has been a trooper. He has had a rough time with consult after consult but he''s hanging in there ... at least hanging in there that I am communicating our schedule to him better. He had a bit of a meltdown when he realized how back to back we were with appts so we''ve come to a truce and I now include him in the loop and try not to take him for granted by actually asking if he is okay with xyz... This has really helped. I can''t believe that I was just on autopilot before and not really considering that. Oh well, we can''t be perfect all the time, can we? - Will is SUCH a trooper. I know bf would NEVER got to so many back to back appointments with me.I would have to break them up over a month or something. I can''t blame him for the meltdown..guys are not built for this stuff.
9.gif

I almost forgot! We met with a custom invite company and they are working on a mock up for us that we should be getting to see at the beginning of August. I''m SO excited. They do amazing work and they have a great idea about what we are looking for so I cannot wait to see what they come up with! I can''t wait to share it with you either. - Ohh so so, did you get the invites? Can''t wait to see!!

Anyways, I think that you are updated ... How are things with you? How''s work ... anything new? What have you been up to?
Nothing new here. I have just been working like crazy, trying to get adjusted to my new position etc. My bday was good, I got a GPS which I have been wanting since Xmas but other than that, nothing exciting to report at all. My life is pretty boring!
3.gif
Keep those wedding updates coming!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 8:51:12 PM
Author: Angel7
I signed on just to say happy bday! I remembered you were one week after mine. Us sassy Leo's!
emsmilep.gif

It has been SO CRAZY at my new job that I feel so bad for not posting! How have you been? It's been way too long!
Ok, I am going to go and read your other post and reply to that cuz I see some wedding details in it and I CANNOT wait to read what you have been planning.
So..what did we get for the bday?
Thanks for the bday wishes.
36.gif
Um ... okay .... I am SO embarrassed that I didn't acknowledge your birthday. I'm sorry.
emembarrassed.gif
That is a horrible Leo faux pas. Bad, bad Leo. I hope that you had a WONDERFUL bday. Happy Belated!!
emcake.gif

Which day was it? Apparently age is robbing me of my faculties and I failed to remember ... horrible
38.gif
Did you celebrate or try to avoid it like me?

Got a pretty pendant and a beautiful bouquet, I mean seriously beautiful - I was so surprised. It was gorgeous. Yay for presents.

We "celebrated" my bday last weekend when I was down there but didn't have much time to celebrate. ... As usual, we were fully scheduled. We had a consult Friday night. 2 on Saturday. 3 on Sunday and 5 on Monday. No joke. We're trying to select a photographer, finalize a florist and a DJ. Madness and mayhem! There is such urgency as two vendors I have been interested in now have been booked... That is so annoying. Trying to book sooner than later so that I can avoid as much of that as possible. GRR. I'll tell you more in another post.

Did I mention how happy I was to see your reply ... Hi!!
35.gif

How IS the new job, by the way .... are you loving it or still just trying to get used to it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results