shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Angel7 - Saturday''s Game Plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay ... How hilarious is this?! I wanted to share this with you first and did this huge long thing and then you are like the last to know! Too funny. I''ve been wondering where you''ve been and I noticed that I posted literally 1 min after you posted on Monday. Crazy! I am so glad to know that you were thinking of me and curious about what happened.

Thank you! I saw your post on my SMTR thread and I had a HUGE smile on my face. Thank you very much!! You are too sweet. I felt so special that you cared that much and that you love the ring.

I knew you knew it. I was actually thinking about you right after it happened and wondering why you were so certain ... You must have sent me good vibes ... additionally, you issued me a warning by telling me to get my nails done...... I didn''t. It''s shameful but since I wasn''t positive and so, so sick ... you see my distinctly noticeable lack of a manicure!!
38.gif
I''m so ashamed.

The letter was INCREDIBLE! It was the culmination of 14 years of memories and emotions. He really opened up and shared everything with me that he needed me to know. It was SO beautiful. I would have never envisioned "this" proposal for myself but it was just so perfect and, without me knowing it, exactly what I would have wanted. He''s pretty impressed with himself, needless to say. I will give him that though ... he deserves it. Can you believe that he had the nerve to tell me that he was not nervous! Agh! Come on! Here I was on pins and needles waiting for it to happen and this guy was completely calm. How does that happen?! I guess when he has been harrassed about it for a couple of months, it sort of takes the guess work out of whether or not I will say "yes", right. I should have made him sweat bullets for a little.
25.gif

Remember I told you that the diamond was fantastic ... Well, It is just so, so amazing set. It is SO white and gorgeous. I almost feel cold when I look at it b/c it''s so icy. Lame description, I know but I can''t think of any other way to put it. I love staring at it and am always cleaning it. Listen to this! Can you believe people who want to see it or check it out are putting their fingers smack dab ON the diamond?!
29.gif
I almost lost it on Monday on a few people and had to control myself b/c they were being so sweet and complimentary and really didn''t know any better, I guess. The bf oops ... FI (
9.gif
) tried to calm me down and told me just to clean it or have something to clean it with me since I couldn''t stop it from happening. It was too cute ... he was trying to empathize. Additionally ... people have the weirdest comments. This one lady was like ''wow, it''s huge ... Looks great on your finger but it wouldn''t look good on me at all" ... Okay ... Um .. great. You''re not wearing it!
33.gif
Why are people so weird and annoying?

You should have been there to get those people out of our seats. I love the "you fools" part. I''ll have to remember that for next time someone irritates me. I''m still chuckling about that. It was pretty funny to watch how quickly they skedaddled once security told them to beat it.
2.gif

Your really are too sweet. Even though I really don''t know you ... weird, huh?! I am so excited to be able to share this with you. You''ve been such a big part of the past couple months leading up to this and I''ve been so grateful to have someone to share my "secrets" with and my excitement that I didn''t really feel great about sharing with other people who may not understand. I really hope that you would like me to be a part of the same for you leading up to your big day! Funny story ... sort of proving my point ... I sent some of my friend the link to my SMTR thread ... They were like, who are those people you are talking to and were questioning me about how come I had so much detail about the diamond etc ... Blah, blah, blah. Anyways, needless to say, I''m happy that you and other PSers are around so I don''t have to explain this stuff.

Okay details ... We pretty much made all of our calls on Sunday. We called both of our parents first thing at like 3 in the morning on Saturday though. They were so excited and happy. It was funny b/c we barely got anyone else live and it was like Sunday afternoon?? Some did call back are were excited and it''s been great fun hearing how happy everyone is for us!
Shared it with my coworkers on Monday and the general consensus was WOW that is huge, which is cool ... You just know it had to end there though, right ... One of my coworkers, nearer the end of the day, yells out ... How much did that cost!?! in front of the entire office. I told her "I got a good deal." ... What am I supposed to say??!! I really have no problem with sharing how much it costed if she were to come to me one on one b/c I, myself, am a curious person and always interested in knowing about that type of thing so that I have a frame of reference of sorts etc ... but in front of everyone???!! Seriously.

No wedding plans yet. I think we''re thinking Summer 2009. We''re going to start by getting one of thoses wedding planning books etc so that we can start to sort of organize and figure out what we need to do etc. Do you have any ideas about these types of books and which ones are better than others?

More pics! Hey ... I snapped my butt off trying to get those shots for you. I raced home from work on Monday to try and get some pics in for you b/c I just knew you would not be having it if I didn''t post any. Okay, okay ... I will try to get my nails in better order and if the sun is out, I will take more pics. I want to try and get some more fire and arrow shots. Do you have any special requests of anything you would like to see?

I have been feeling better but since yesterday I feel like I''m getting sick again. Sinus pain etc.
14.gif
I''m so sick of it. I keep looking at my ring like it is a genie ... but it''s not making me feel better.
15.gif
other than making me smile. I think I might have to go to the doctor again. I''m sick of this sickness and I have to get my butt back in the gym. I have work to do!

I am walking on cloud 9 and just love calling him my fianceeeeee. Did you share the story with your bf? What did he think? I''m sure he probably shook his head at the hissy fit like mine did. He must have gotten a kick out of it especially since he is used to my drama. I''m sure he expected no less.

What do you think I should do to preserve the letter. Ellen and Diamondseeker had a couple of great suggestions ... Do you have any? I can''t stop reading it and reminiscing. I want to share the whole thing with EVERYBODY who means something to me b/c it is just that terrific. I read it to my aunt and she actually cried! Will is so shy about it and DEFINITELY doesn''t want his friends to know about it. Too funny ... boys. Doesn''t want to seem whipped to his friends who will probably give him a hard time.

Thanks so much for the CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I''m so glad you finally saw this. Were you disappointed when you realized that you had missed it ... if so, I''m sorry.
Oh .. with regards to work ... STILL nothing formal but apparently there is a very firm "June 30" as the drop dead date as I like to call it. Oh well. Ugh.

Look forward to hearing back from you whenever you get a chance. Talk to you later!
35.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Are you still alive? Have you crashed your car staring at that awesome bling?
3.gif

Will should be impressed with himself! He did a great job! No pics of you two of the big night? Still waiting of those great close up shots of this beautiful WHITE stone! Can''t wait to see more pics!
36.gif

I hate those people...oh it wouldn''t look good on me. If you dont like it, just say so..don''t be a jerk about it! Gosh..people suck! Just ignore her! Jealous biotch!
31.gif
I can''t believe another asked you how much it cost!! Some tacky people at your work!! Tsk tsk to them! Sorry about the ''drop date''. what is your next step? Moving to Seattle? Will you have the wedding there? By you? Destination? So many details!! Ohh a Summer 2009 wedding sounds great!!!

I have no idea on wedding plan books..sorry. There are plenty at the book store I''m sure! I told my bf, my online friend got engaged. He''s like..you have an online friend? I''m like..you know, my diamond buddy. He just walked out of the room.
38.gif
He just doesn''t understand and likes to make fun of me!
3.gif

I think your nails looked fine. To be fair, I tried to tell you to go!
27.gif

Hmm preserving the letter...not sure. I would make a copy for sure! Maybe a lot of copies!
2.gif
Frame it? Laminate it? Have it put into a gold plaque or something? Ohh I would put a copy into your wedding album from your photographer!
9.gif
Sorry, getting carried away now! Oh guys NEVER want to share that mushy love stuff. They''re all the same!

I was so disappointed I missed it!!! Glad I finally got a chance to see it! I just knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please try to feel better!!!

PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!
10.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I''m still alive and kicking and have somehow managed not to run off the road b/c I was ogling my diamond!

I feel like a sprightly leprechaun today! Its the best I''ve felt in a couple of weeks. I went to the doctor after work yesterday b/c I was still feeling
14.gif
and not getting any better. He said that my lungs are clear now ... woohoo! but I''m likely having some sort of seasonal allergies. Suggested some antihistamines and a nasal rinse and I am good to go! You forget how good it feels to feel good until you''ve been sick for a while and you get a reminder!

Nope ... no pics of me and the boy. Nothing I''ve approved to share anyways ... I was in my jammies, remember and looking much less than dignified! HEY lady ... is this coming from the mystery woman who still won''t post pics for me?
25.gif
If we take engagement shots or some nice pics, I may post them for you. I WILL, however, take more pics of the stone, and post those for you. Still working on that. Geez you guys are not easy to please.
11.gif

I hate those people too! Funniest thing for such a backward compliment is that she genuinely seems to like the ring but can''t envision it on her tiny fingers ... My questions is ... why bother??! It''s NOT yours!
38.gif
I would also like to concur with your point though ... yes, people suck!

So many questions ... where to start?! Thanks for the commiserations about the d-date. Don''t know what I''m gonna do yet. Sure would be nice to get some "formal" communication, wouldn''t it?!
29.gif
Definitely think the next step involves taking care of how to get to Seattle immigration wise etc (headache anyone?!) and I think that I''m leaning towards having the wedding there. It will either be there or will be a destination wedding. I want to check out what''s available, venue wise here etc before we decide on where it is going to be. I certainly hope that you''ll be around to help me with any planning and ideas I might need.

Your bf kills me. They make it SO embarrassing don''t they. It makes it seem like our online relationships are illicit, doesn''t it? Why do they insist on making fun of us?? He probably just walked out of the room thinking ... "OY! I''ve got to move on this engagement thing" Tee hee.
9.gif

I know you told me about my nails. I know!! Does it help that I was hacking up a lung and drooling rrom my nose and the manicurist might have refused service thinking that I had the plague or something?
12.gif

Okay ... copy - check! Will definitely make a copy or 500. I like the idea or framing it or a copy of it and or putting it into our wedding album. I want it to be safe and well preserved.

Quite honestly, I was SO disappointed that you missed it but am glad you''ve been all caught up now. Now ... enough about me. Time for you to share some stuff about you, lady. What''s going on in your world?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Sacha,

Just wanted to chime in and say hi. Haven''t been on PS lately..the day just seems to escape me! How''s everything going with your new ring? You are still staring at it all day I hope!

Got a bit of bad news this weekend...we had a friend from High school pass away. It''s really sad. He was so young (28) and he battled with cancer and he was a great guy and it just stinks. Whenever I saw him its like we picked up right where we left off.
Just so sad. We weren''t super close in recent years but it doesn''t matter, he was still someone I grew up and have great memories of. Wake is tonight. I know it''s going to be hard and there are going to be so many people there because he was so loved and respected. Sometimes life just isn''t fair..you know?
emrosesad.gif

Sorry to be a downer. I just wanted to say hi and hope all is well! I''m sure I''ll be on later during the week! (I have on-site trainging Tues-Thursday)
8.gif
Hope work isn''t too stressful for you and I hope the wedding plans are moving along and you are feeling better!

35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
HI P!
35.gif

Thanks for checking in ... You know I always love your updates!

I''m so sorry to hear about the loss of your high school friend. It is incredibly sad and so hard to deal with ... sending you *hugs* ... not all that helpful but still nice to get sometimes when you are feeling down, right? I know it is cliche but it really means something to me when I feel as though someone has been robbed of their life or us of their company etc ... he is no longer suffering and has managed to accomplish what many of us strive to do in our lives .. make a difference. His life was not for naught. He had a short life but it was a life that was impactful to many. Now, his memory can live on to comfort his loved ones while he is relaxing in heaven or wherever and no longer having to worry about pain and the indecencies and discomfort associated with the evil that is cancer.
You''re not a downer at all. Bad news, yes but you''re not a downer. I always smile when I see that you''ve updated our thread.
emrose.gif

I am doing well and feeling much better and still enjoying my ring. I''m insane about cleaning it! I''m loving it more and more each day and getting more comfy with it. I got an awesome compliment the other day at a restaurant about it. I was so happy. Will laughed at me b/c our waitress got a huge tip for her compliments ... Pser''s!
20.gif
Talk to us about our bling and get the world! On the other hand, touch our diamonds w/your nasty little finger print and incur our wrath! It''s pretty funny, Will likes to tease me and now, if I''m bothering him, he threatens to "touch" my diamond! It always works!

Work hasn''t been too bad at all. Thanks for being concerned .. Nothing on the wedding plan front yet. No date, no location! I have started making a spreadsheet about guests to invite and passed it off to my mom for her to review and, inevitably add to ... Once we have her input and mine and Will''s & his parents, I''m going to amalgamate it and then start slashing ... We''re already somewhere over 150 and want to keep it under 200!

I bought Will a "Groom''s guide to wedding planning" type book. It''s really cute and I wanted him to have an idea of what is in stor for him. Hopefully, this will empower him and assist him with wanting to become a more integral part of the planning process instead of taking a back seat like a lot of guys ... We''ll see.

I''m going to buy, I''m certain ... a "couple" of wedding planning books on the weekend so that we can start our process, in earnest. We really need to decide if we are going to do the destination wedding thing or a local wedding. We''ll have to check out some venues and see what we think before moving forward. Hopefully, narrowing down the guest list first will enable us to decide what size venue we will need to secure.

So many things to think about already and it''s not going to be until next year!! If you have any tips about wedding planning to share from experience, please feel free!

Have fun with your training classes and please do check in whenever you get a chance!

Oh ... forgot to mention. Back to the gym for me tomorrow now that I am "well" again AND I''ve decided to sign up for at least a few weeks of Weight Watchers so that I can jump start my "routine" and get back into eating right. This teamed with the workout should have me set up where I need to be. Thank goodness ... so sick of complaining about it!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paula! I hope that you managed to have a good week .. Happy Friday!
35.gif

Just wanted to update you and share my excitement. I''ve been SO busy this week ... barely any PS time at all. I''m back on track working out and trying to eat right so this is good but I''ve been spending so much time doing the wedding guest list and venue spreadsheets!

We have about 250 guests at this point and we need to knock that down to somewhere around 150. Not going to be fun
38.gif

Still no date yet but we are going to look at FOUR venues and 1 church tomorrow!
23.gif
Our appts start at 9:00 and the last one is at 4:00! It''s going to be a crazy long day but it is going to be so much fun! Can you tell that I''m SO excited??!! My fiance is being really good about it as well! I thought I would get some flack b/c we''ll be running around from appt to appt like chickens with our heads cut off but he seems to be into it as well. A big woohoo to that!!

I thought that since you were involved w/ the lead up to the engagement that you might like to be involved with the wedding planning as well so I thought I would share the venues that we are checking out tomorrow.
1.gif
Let me know your thoughts, if you can ... I would appreciate anything you have to offer.

Here are the links to the venues ...
http://www.thewoodmark.com/meetUnforget.php

http://www.thecanalseattle.com/bridal_events.htm

http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/edgewater_weddings.aspx

http://www.bellharbor.com/weddings092f.html?SecID=98

This is a link to the church .. It looks incredible.
http://www.bastyr.edu/conference/wedding/default.asp

I hope all is good on your end and have a FAB weekend! I hope that yours will be more relaxing than mine.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! Wow you have been doing some planning! Good for you!
emthup.gif

Best of luck knocking down that guest list....
3.gif

That sounds like a great day tomorrow! Take some pictures if you can and HAVE FUN! So you''ve decided on Seattle then?

How''s WW''s going? I have the books but I''m too lazy to always look up the points. I just calorie count instead.
2.gif

Those venues all look amazing! Best of luck deciding. I must say the Edgewater really caught my eye. I loved the open windows in the ballroom and just overlooking the mountains and water..the view is breathtaking.
Wow that church is amazing as well!! You are going to have a BEAUTIFUL wedding!

Have you narrowed down a date yet?

I am so excited to hear all about your search! Thanks so much for keeping me in the loop! I love hearing/reading all the details!

Have a great time and be sure to post on Monday!
35.gif

9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Sacha!
35.gif

How did the venue shopping go? Any updates? You must be keeping busy with the wedding planning!
9.gif

Hope all is well. I just wanted to check in and say hello and see how it all went! Talk to you soon!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Sorry for the delay!

I have great stories, updates and, most importantly ... PICTURES! to share with you from the weekend but I have been SUPER busy ... It''s craziness. I hope to post them tonight for you. Once I nail down the reception venue, the church & the officiant etc ... we should be all good and it should be less busy for me.

I will update you tonight & thank you for checking in on me!!!

How are things going on your end?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh pictures, I cannot wait to see them and hear all about your weekend!

Nothing new here with me. Just frustrated with life. Wish I could lose weight as fast as they do on Biggest Loser, kinda upset up my job situation/job hunt...just feeling blah.
40.gif

On the upside, it''s beautiful here today!!
emhot.gif

Looking forward to the udpate!
35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy ... this whole wedding planning thing is cutting into my PS time ... I''m going to have to do something about that!

Do you miss my super long updates or do you prefer the new, more concise memos?
1.gif

I should be able to get some pics up for you tonight ... I promise.
12.gif

I understand the frustration w/life in general! Believe me ... especially when it comes to weight loss. Just take comfort in the fact that if it is coming off slowly and you are doing in the right way - lifestyle change instead of crash diet - that it will likely stay off instead of piling back on ... if that helps?! I wish I could lose weight like that as well ... it''s amazing. I have still been going to the gym though and I''m proud of that and still feeling good. How much more weight are you wanting to lose?

Why are you upset with your job situation/job hunt? I''m happy to listen if you want to share. As you know, things aren''t peachy keen in my neck of the woods in that regard as well. Still haven''t heard anything! I''m getting SUPER annoyed now since I would like to know how to deal with my life. With planning the wedding and everything, I would like to know what I should be doing with my money etc ... Grr.

Enjoy that gorgeous weather!!
36.gif
Saturday was a glorious day in Seattle. It was even HOT! Can you imagine??!! HOT! We were not dressed appropriately and were panting like dogs. Agh. Sunday was a typical Pacific NW day that was gloomy and overcast. I''m so glad that Saturday was nice so that we had nice weather to drive around and see all of those venues.

Thanks for your input & help with planning ... what would I do w/o my little PS friend? Thanks!
35.gif

I think that we are leaning towards The Edgewater and a different church! I was so surprised to learn that the Catholic Church now charges to have weddings there ... of course, they don''t say that they are charging for the wedding ceremony but that''s basically what it is. I thought that we would have saved some money there from going from a non-denom chapel to a Catholic Church. Not a chance!

I still have more updates & stories to share but will have to do so when I have some more time.

Now it''s your turn ... to update me.
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay .. Reporting in with pics .. as promised.
I've added the ring pics to my SMTR thread, however, the other pics from the weekend will be posted below ... Here's a link for you ... Wanna take a peek?

I'll fill you in on some of the weekend stories now ...

Saturday plan - 4 venues and 1 church, scheduled from 9 am (first appt) ending around 5 w/last venue site tour!

I loved both The Woodmark and The Edgewater hotel and was able to eliminate Bell Harbor and The Canal almost right away ... just didn't have everything we are looking for ... Both the Woodmark and The Edgewater are being held for us for our "date", which we are almost positive about ... We have until the end of the week to decide! I'm having a hard time ... Firstly, they are both too expensive, however, so is everywhere else we have looked too so that's not really a factor considering that regardless we are going to spend the money, right?

Maybe you can help me decide.

I like the Edgewater b/c of the incredible view of Elliott Bay in Seattle and the hotel has a great ambience. It is located right on the Waterfront in Seattle and is pretty central as it is right downtown. The food promises to be delicious and the room is "cozyish" meaning that everyone should be able to see everyone else in the room, no different levels etc where some people wouldn't see others for the whole night etc. The Catering Mgr will be our "coordinator" for the entire planning period and she is just too cute and looks to be "all over it" ... It's pretty much everything that we wanted. Guests will have to pay for valet parking, which I don't like, however, given the location, I think guests would pretty much anticipate that. If there was any money left over in the budget, we would try to cover it but I really, really doubt it.

I like the Woodmark b/c it's gorgeous. It is right on Lake Washington in Seattle, however, it is in Kirkland, which is more of a suburb and not near downtown. This makes it more difficult for all of our out of town guests to get to and fro, right??? If I was going to have my ceremony and reception at the same place, it would be The Woodmark, hands down, b/c the pics of ceremonies there are just incredible ... Gorgeous!! but since it would just be the reception, I'm not entirely sold. The dinner would be held in the elegant tent that they have outside right by the lake and with the unpredicatable Seattle weather, even though it should be nice in the summertime, I would be nervous. After the dinner, the party moves inside to their grand ballroom where there is a dance floor and the cake cutting etc. I'm not sure I love the flow of that b/c I'm certain that there would be some hangers on outside in the tent and everyone wouldn't be together in one room. Not a huge deal, in the scheme of things, however, it's holding me back. It also pretty much has everything we are looking for but the ambience there is a bit more sterile. Both places are elegant and high end but

What do you think?

Anyways ... on with the story.

We visited The Bastyr University Chapel and it was amazing but it is entirely out of the way and not at all easy to get to especially in traffic. This might prove frustrating or irritating to both us and our guests. I think we decided to go with a Catholic Church b/c I'm Catholic and it would be my preference anyways ... it's too bad b/c this place would be magnificent to get married in.

Kind of a touching story ... On Sunday, after we made it through our hectic Saturday running around, we decided to visit some more churches. First stop was St. James Cathedral and it was incredible. So beautiful and I just felt holy walking in there but we couldn't find anyone to talk to so we decided to leave. Before we left, I felt compelled to pray and ask for some assistance in trying to decide what is right for us and what we should be doing etc. Basically, I was just asking for some help. Tears started streaming down my face and it was all super dramatic ... poor fiance, huh?
20.gif
Anyways, after my episode, we left and went to another church on our list.

We get there and walk inside and it is lovely as well. Not as fancy and new as St. James but really nice still. High vaulted ceilings and beautiful stained glass etc ... We looked around and liked it and as we were leaving, I saw a man in all black. I stopped him and asked if he was a priest and told him that we were looking to get married there etc. He was so helpful and funny. He introduced himself as Father Daniel the Crank and had this ultra cranky personality that really wasn't cranky at all ... He said that he has a soft spot for engaged couples and loves it when two people find each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. He invited us into the rectory and we sat with him in the sitting room and discussed what we were thinking etc, etc and he gave us these amazing donuts ... one of which I ate.
23.gif
I had to, didn't I?
12.gif
Anyways, the point of my story is that I asked for help about 30 minutes before meeting this priest and it was like a hand came down from the heavens and gave it to me. Ask and you shall recv, right? Anyways, we love the church and are pretty certain that we will be married there!
36.gif

Here is a link to the church if you would like to see .. link
That's all I can think of for right now ... I'll post some pics now.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Bastyr University Chapel
6.gif

Can''t you just envision yourself, as a bride, walking down this FAB aisle?

Bastyr Chapel aisle.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Looking from the altar to the back of the chapel.

Bastyr looking from altar to choir loft.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
At the altar looking up ...

Bastyr altar looking up.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
One of the doors at the entrance ... Wow, huh?

Bastyr University  Chapel door at entrance.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
View from Bell Harbor Conference Ctr ... Didn''t like this venue at all for some reason, though. Just didn''t "speak" to me.

Another view shot from Bell Harbor.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
The tent, in which we would dine at the Woodmark.

Spark Woodmark tent shot.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
This is the view of Lake Washington from The Woodmark. Love it!

Spark Lake Washington view from Woodmark.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
More view shots. This one is of Elliott Bay from Bell Harbor again ... OH! I remember why I wasn''t too keen on it. It had more of a "businessy" feel to it AND, more importantly, there is a cruise ship dock right in front of their large view window, which means that if a cruise ship is docked during your reception ... You get NO view. No thanks!

View of Elliott Bay from Bell Harbor.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh well ... I guess that's it. I thought that there were more for you but there aren't ...
7.gif
I didn't get ANY shots of the Edgewater for some reason. I think that we were tuckered out at that point and all about business!

Hope you liked the new ring pics as well!

On a light note, I made super duper spreadsheets while researching venues and preparing questions for the site tours. Three of the sales managers who met with us commented on how impressed they were. Yes, I'm patting myself on the back. I felt like an absolute disaster walking into such unfamiliar territory so it's nice to know that a little bit of homework made me not appear as inept as I felt.

I wish I could post them for you so you could truly appreciate my neuroticism but, alas, I don't think you can attach Excel docs, right?

Anyhoo ... off to bed, I hope! Haven't been getting any sleep or having much of an appetite. Too busy. I'm nervous too! We have to decide which venue by Friday!
23.gif
Please help me figure it out and go forward!
12.gif
I trust your "outsider" opinion.

Enough about me ... how are you guys doing?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
WTF - MY WHOLE LONG REPLY GOT LOST!
39.gif
WHY DIDN''T I COPY AND PASTE? Sorry in advance, this one is a lot shorter..I''ll respond more after lunch! I hate when I forget to copy and paste!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

WOW!! You have been a busy girl.

Ok, first things first...GREAT ring shots. Looks amazing!!! Love the detail and the stone is just so W-H-I-T-E!
36.gif

Sounds like you have a tough choice on your hands with the venue. It sounds like you might be leaning towards the Edgewater which I think is a great option. Looks STUNNING and it seems to be the best bet with location, etc. Plus I think its great that you have the coordinator on site to help with everything. Yes the parking situation might be a tough one but I dont think people would mind.

The church looks amazing and how great that you found a great priest! Hello, awesome donuts? That would seal the deal for me right there!
27.gif

Great job on being so organized! No you can''t attach Excel docs but you could make it into a pdf and attach that.
This is so exciting! So have you chosen a date?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
I HATE that! I was so looking forward to a lengthy update. Boo!
38.gif

Glad you like the ring pics. I had fun taking them but I have to get better at it and have to get more creative and find some subject flowers with which my ring can pose. You can''t imagine how difficult that has been. Hmmpf! Thanks for the compliments. In general, that is what the comments have been ... oh my goodness it''s so sparkly and white etc. I LOVE the lighting in restaurants ... I just feel so neurotic thinking, geez, I should take a picture.
20.gif

We''ve decided to go with The Edgewater ... we''re signing the contract and our lives away, by the way, and submitting our first pymt etc tomorrow. I hope it''s the right choice! I''m so nervous but I''m so excited!!! I love the contract they sent to us ... It says ... our last names or for "internet" purposes ... The Sparkalicious and Sparkalicious''s loverboy''s reception. It gave me butterflies!!
9.gif
Also ... drumroll please .... you were looking for a date???! Welll ......

36.gif
Sunday, September 6, 2009! 09/06/09
36.gif

We will have been dating for 15 years next year and 9 + 6 = 15 ... We thought that was kind of cute AND it is Labor Day weekend, therefore, the army of OOT guests who we hope will be attend to attend will be able to get an extra day in without having to take more time off work, especially since it will be on Sunday evening instead of Saturday. Kind of sucks to be on a Sunday but you can''t beat the discount you get for NOT having it on a Saturday night. I wasn''t willing to compromise on the type of venue we chose, therefore, I had to make a sacrifice elsewhere ... gave up my Saturday night for Sunday night so that I could get my venue ... besides ... the date works better for us anyways.
25.gif

I know ... That church does look amazing, doesn''t it?! Now I kind of wish that I wasn''t so hung up and getting married in a Catholic church. It''s gorgeous. That''s not the church we will be going with but the one we have pretty much chosen is really nice as well, just not as gorgeous. Yes ... awesome donuts. They were incredible!! How could we look anywhere else?! Apparently the owner of Top Pot donuts is a parishoner and gave the priest the donuts so he shared them with us. I''ve never had them before but they beat the heck out of Krispy Kreme''s!

Thanks for the praise.
16.gif
I''m so impressed with myself, it''s ridiculous.
4.gif
Let''s see how long that lasts! The wedding is well over a year away AND supposedly I need to set up a registry right away ... I thought that I would have some time, however, people have been asking and I just need to get it done to get them off my back.
3.gif
Also ... another friend of mine emailed me today asking me what my colors are ... Are you kidding??!! We just picked a date and she doesn''t even know that yet!! People are crazy. If this keeps up, I can visualize myself morphing into Bridezilla and becoming a chronic recluse.
12.gif

You know what, I have no idea how to make the Excel doc into a PDF file.
33.gif
If you do and it''s easy ... let me know and I''ll post what I have for you.

Anyways, that''s more about what''s going on with me. I still don''t know much about your side of things. There must be something ... have you gone to visit your diamond again?

I hope you plan on sticking around for the next 18 mos or so to see me all the way to the wedding day. It should be interesting.
35.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry. It''s so frustrating after you type out a long thing and then it goes away, the LAST thing you want to do is type it all out again! I''m so lazy, I know!
face10.gif

CONGRATS!! 09/06/09!! Love the date and the meaning behind it!(15) How exciting! I know what you mean on the Saturday. Right now I have the mindset that I want a Saturday but since I have NO money, I will probably go with a Friday or Sunday like you did! It''s fine, it''s a holiday weekend it will be perfect!

Good choice on the Edgewater. It is going to be a beautiful wedding. You are well on your way. Colors already? Geez you friends are fast, I like the way they think!
27.gif
Registering this early? I''ve never heard of that either? Maybe so that people can purchase you engagement gifts? Can''t wait to see all the updates! STD''s, colors, flowers..whoo hoo! My mind is spinning! Keep planning, I love it!!!!
36.gif
I''ve told everyone already I will be a Bridezilla. I won''t be the evil biatches they are on tv, I will just be a control freak!
3.gif

Regarding the Excel file, I attached a pic of what you could do to make it a pdf. Your computer/software, may not have this function...you could always take a screen shot of it and save it as a jpg?

Nothing new on my side. No ring shopping, no diamond looking but I am getting excited for the cruise!!!

Thanks for keeping me posted, can''t wait to see how all the details progress!!

HAPPY MONDAY!

excelintopdf.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday, indeed!
36.gif

No worries ... I completely understand about NOT wanting to retype the mongo post that the computer just ate. It''s happened to me countless times before so I know how you feel. If you think you''re lazy ... I''m worse. I SO hate losing posts that I literally even copy the one line posts before I hit send. Coincidentally & ironically, it so happens that it is the times that I forget to do this that the computer eats them ... I swear its some kind of cruel conspiracy.
25.gif

Glad you love the date! I''m pretty excited. I saw on some website that it was like 530 days away or something. How exciting!! Woohoo! I don''t much like the Sunday but I figure that beggars can''t be choosers. I might as well be resolved to the fact that I will not, no matter how much of a bridezilla fit I throw, get everything that I want ... unless, of course, money starts growing on trees and I have some acreage in my backyard. I am trying to compromise on things that won''t make too much of a difference even if they are not my preference. I''ve been doing well so far so I hope to keep it up. I''m not so great with compromise so maybe this is some sort of wicked life lesson?
20.gif
Let''s just hope that the long weekend makes up for the Sunday. Aghh. ... who ever heard of a Sunday wedding? Oh well, maybe I''ll start a new trend?! Maybe people won''t notice b/c they''ll love the venue? I wasn''t willing to compromise on that so they better.
12.gif

Tell me about the registering and colors ... gimme a break! I bit the bullet and started registries just b/c people were asking and I would prefer that they have a reference point, i.e., registry, instead of just picking anything b/c they don''t know what to get, right? The engagement party is May 10. That should be fun. A few people who I don''t see very often should be there so I''m looking forward to that. I registered at Williams-Sonoma and at a popular Cdn department store already and I can''t even tell you how much fun I had!! I was using that gun and shooting everything ... It was SO much fun. Basically like shopping but not having to spend ANY money! Whoohoo! Let''s just say I got a little trigger happy and don''t expect that I will likely get many of my "wish list" items, however, it was fun all the same and gave me a great idea of what things we really need and what will be "nice" to have. Although it is nothing to aspire to, I KNOW, as do my friends, that I will exhibit some bridezilla tendencies. Same as you ... not b/c I''m evil ... I am that but not fully
27.gif
.. but because I have expectations and I will want people to live up to them ... a recipe for disaster if I ever heard one, huh?

THANKS for the Excel file info. You''re right. I don''t have that function on my system. Must be an older version. Boo! I guess it doesn''t really matter anyways b/c the spreadsheet is so immense that seeing a screen shot etc won''t really do it any justice. I have, however, learned something new! I''m computer smarter now, thanks to you.
4.gif

Come on there has to be something new on your side. Maybe no ring shopping or diamond looking but what about the cruise plans ... Come on, give me something. You have to have details to share! Fess up, lady!
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to tell you my life is B-O-R-I-N-G! I have nothing new to report! I go to work, come home and go to the gym and then sit on my couch until it''s time to go upstairs to sleep. That is my Monday-Friday. Sucks right? Nothing exciting!! I did buy some pretty stackable rings! (They are fake but I get SO MANY compliments on them!)
11.gif

Ohh Wiliams and Sonoma is the BEST! I just went there this past weekend and stocked up on Spoonulas. They are by far the best utensil EVER! Love em. They were on sale so I had to do some damage. I also picked up a grilling cookbook for the bf! They have the best cookbooks there. I''ve been on registering "trips" with several family and friends and it is SUPER fun. Just shoot what you want and do not worry about the cost, someone will buy it for you!
31.gif
LOVE IT! Good for you for getting that done already. You are amazing missy!!!
May 10th is right around the corner! Where are you having it? Did you find an outfit yet? Details woman, details!
2.gif

I have many (Greek) friends who get married on Sundays so it''s very common. I would not even stress about that. Like you said, it''s a long holiday weekend and people will drink, eat, dance and be merry no matter what day of the week it is!

I can imagine the monstrous excel sheet you have. Were you able to trim down that guest list?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hiya!

You know what ... I believe that you believe that your life is boring but it is all new for me so I''m sure that I wouldn''t find it boring. You haven''t told me a single thing about your cruise. I''m sure that there must be some fun details there to share ... come on! Sailing schedule, any planned activities, any more shopping??

Actually, you''re life sounds like mine, pre-wedding planning. This is not good. What happened to my old and exciting life? About how long do you work out at the gym? Do you go everyday?
23.gif
I''ve been going b/n 2x - 4x a week and I''ve been staying for about an hour ... w/approx 30 mins of cardio and then some weights. I''m focusing on my arms for right now b/c the bridesmaid''s dress for my cousin''s wedding in August is halter style and I do NOT wish to have bat wing arms or back butt or cleavage in this dress. My arms must be toned. I''m trying to get some good exercises to work on toning them and getting them in tip top shape but still trying to do enough cardio to burn the fat!
14.gif

Oooh ... stackable rings, huh? So fun! Do tell me more.

I did love my registering trips, I won''t lie! Now I have to get registered in Seattle. I tried to create these registries for the people up here but now I want to create one for family and friends in the US. Apart from W-S, which is already done, I''m thinking Macy''s and Target? What do you think? Any suggestions or thoughts? Too many or not a good selection? I thought Macy''s would be a great choice b/c there is one near everyone and it has a large cross section of things that we will need a s a new couple starting out .. wasn''t sure about Tar-jay but I know that they have some great things as well, like casual dinnerware etc. I''m trying to make sure to get things in all price points to accommodate all of our guests. Anyways, since you have some experience with this stuff, I would appreciate your thoughts, pros/cons etc.

With regards to being amazing ... I am thinking that I am being obnoxious. I don''t think that I should have a registry set up yet b/c the wedding is SOO far away .. .over a year! but since people were asking my friend who is hosting the engagement party about where I was registered, I figured I just had to, right? Pls tell me I''m not horrible?
25.gif

Okay... so now I feel like a total dolt. You are right. Saturday weddings are something I am more accustomed to but many people get married on Sundays. Thanks for the reminder. Also, thanks for the encouragement ... it should be all good. People keep on saying that I shouldn''t be so concerned about what the guests may or may not want, they are saying to focus on what we want and the guests will just have to fit in if they want to be a part. I know that this is true but it is just so hard to get accustomed to b/c I really want to make it terrific for everyone who wants to share our special day with us, however, as they say, you can''t please all the people all the time. There will always be someone who wanted x and another who wanted y, right? If FI and I are happy with our day, that is what will stick with us and therefore, that is what should be impt.
With regards to the guest list ... yes and no. We''ve trimmed it down some, however, I am still awaiting additions from his parents and some from mine ... I figure that if they haven''t felt it impt enough to add these people yet that if and when they do add them, they will just be cut, anyways.
9.gif
I figured I would give up the struggle until a little further down the line. I think that our next major job will be the Save the Dates so when it comes time to work with those, I will attempt to "finalize" the guest list, for the most part. I''m just struggling to figure out if we only want 150, for example, to be there, how many do we invite? I know that we have to do the OOT invites first and wait for there replies and go from there but how many OOT''s do we do "above" the ones that are "critical" to attend???? So confusing. Any thoughts?

Anyways, thanks for continuing to check in to our thread. I hope that it is a little entertaining for you and picks up your day. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.
35.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
SORRY SORRY! I''ve been a bad posting friend!!! Ok I''m back so............

I appreciate you asking but I am not lying my life is boring! For the cruise we did book some more excursions which should be fun! We are going to tour Atlantis..I told you that one I think. We are also going to go on Wave Runners in CocoCay and on a pub crawl in Key West. I''m hoping to book a snorkeling one because I would love to do that as well. Looking forward to it. You should hear some friends..Oh he''s going to propose! I automatically start laughing because I think of the whole ring shopping and now saving for it debacle and I''m like..no he''s not but I appreciate you getting excited! It''s so funny; we booked this cruise together..it''s not something he put together and automatically people think..oh he''s going to do it! Women are too funny!

I try to go to the gym everyday but it doesn''t happen that way AT ALL! I go about 3-4 times a week. I NEED to go everyday! I do about a 1-2 hour of cardio (being doing the elliptical lately) and then about 1/2 of weight training and abs..whatever I''m feeling) Ohh I''ve been working on the arms as well. I HATE THEM!!!
38.gif

Love my stackable rings. Still don''t understand why we can''t post fakey stuff! The bottom one is silver, has a funky curvy design with diamonds scattered, the middle one is onyx and diamond prong set and the top is just channel set diamonds. They look so great together, I just love them. It''s so funny how people compliment the fake but I get no comments on the real ruby and diamond ring on my other hand!
3.gif
I bought some fake inside out diamond hoops too! Very fun and affordable which is what I need!
9.gif

Macy''s and Targets are very popular for registering. People do Bed Bath and Beyond, Linens and Things, Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn here. Any of those strike your fancy? I love Crate and Barrel for funky different modern stuff but Bed Bath is great because you can get everything from fine silverware and China to towel and bed linens to drapes to bakeware..stemware..cookware..candles..they have it all! There is stuff at Bed Bath for people to purchase at EVERY price point. Tar-jay..as much as I love it for everyday...I think you may be limited in "houseware"stuff. Macy''s - Check their return policy. You may be able to only exchange or get store credit. Some people like to return for cash (maybe that''s why stores may have stopped doing that. Brides just return everything and get the cash!!)
31.gif
Pottery Barn - Bit higher prices but prices are comparable to Williams & Sonoma. Crate and Barrel - If you do choose there, I would not register this early. They are very seasonal and turn stock over a lot. If you register for something now, there is a good chance it will no longer be available by the time your wedding rolls around. I''ve seen it happen several times. Those are my thoughts on it all! Have fun!!! You won''t go wrong regardless of where you go!
36.gif

I''m sorry I have no advice for the OOT''s. I have no idea how to work the out of towners! No experience there!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay ... you''re right. You have been a bad posting, friend.
25.gif
No worries. I know how it is. I can''t believe how much time I have not spent on PS. It''s horrible ... or maybe good ... I''m not sure but I sure do miss my PS time.

Oh yes! I did remember the Atlantis excursion ... I remember being SO jealous. You do plan to take a ton of pictures, don''t you? The other excursions sound like so much fun as well ... I love going away and doing lots of excursions. It drives Will nuts sometimes b/c he would like to have an "unscheduled" day, however, he usually ends up having so much fun as well. haha .. I win! We went on a couple of great ones when we were in Puerto Vallarta ... One of them ended with a tequila party ... I don''t want to talk about it.
38.gif
Not a good scene.
20.gif

When are you guys leaving again? Wasn''t it in March? Actually ... with regards to your friends ... I have to say that I agree with them!!
36.gif
I wasn''t going to say anything but since they did already ... I think so too! I''m going to be like you ... don''t build yourself up but know that ... it''s likely. How wonderful! I WANT pictures too and ALL the details. It will be perfect as well since you are going on vacation, you will already have your nails done, which is a lot better than some or well ... um ... one of us, right?

You are my gym hero! 1 to 2 hours of cardio?!!
23.gif
That is incredible. Isn''t that a lot? It makes my 30 mins seem like nothing at all ... my gosh! I better get my butt in gear! You aren''t losing weight or toning up with that amt of cardio & weights thrown in 3 - 4 times a week? Hmm ... Have you tried Pilates? I have found them VERY effective in the past. I do the Winsor pilates and you get toned up and actually see and feel a difference in no time ... I especially noticed a positive difference in my arms when I was doing the workouts with 2 or 3 pound little weights. What happened to those days???! Agggh ... Well, if you haven''t tried it, I would suggest it. You''ll be fabber before you know it!

Your stackables sound amazing! Wow! I can only imagine why people are always complimenting you. What fun AND inside outies!! Get out of here! Now if that combo doesn''t put a smile on your face, nothing will. They sound fantastic and I bet that they look great with your outfits!

I was thinking about Crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn but I didn''t want to get too scattered or have too many registries going on, right? I make have to go and take a peek and see if any of those stores have a lot of things that we would like ... if so ... I''m in! If not, I''m thinking Macy''s but I will have to check on the return policy thing. Returns for cash, huh?! Now how is that for an idea?! That is fantastic! Really ... can you imagine if you overran your budget by quite a bit and were in need of some cash ... what a great way to make up the difference, right? Too bad they caught on to it. Thanks for all the great registry info ... You sound as though you have done this A LOT!

No worries about the OOT''s ... whatever I learn throughout this process, I will share with you.

Mini-update for you ... I applied for a job at a local diamond vendor. ... It was totally on a whim but given my tenuous work situation, I would like to have an ace in the hole, right? They are hiring for Sales Managers and/or Diamond consultants ... sounds like fun and they indicated the salary ranges, which were surprisingly quite generous so ... why not apply, right? Nothing to lose. I''ll keep you updated if they get back to me. I''m so crazy sometimes!

Will is coming up this weekend and a couple of my aunts & uncles are taking us out for an engagement dinner ... Should be fun ... then on Sunday we have a date with some friends. I think it will be a good weekend.
9.gif

Happy Friday! Any plans for the weekend?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

Sometimes the day just escapes you and you dont find time to get online! I mean look how long I have been a member...3 years now..and you have more posts than me!
3.gif

We leave in May. I appreciate your excitement and I would be honest with you if I was thinking "it was going to happen." But I know it''s not with the money situation and all. I dont have any butterflys or anything. I know him, trust me..he would be a basket case if he was! But thanks for the thought! Just looking forward to a vacation!!

NO WAY! I DON''T DO 1-2 HOURS OF CARDIO!
32.gif
I do 1 hour at the gym total. I''m sorry if I typed incorrectly. PLEASE I can barely do 1/2 hour of cardio without swearing at the damn machine! Ohh I will try Windsor Pilates. It doesn''t hurt to try!

Ohh the job prospect sounds great! That would be awesome! You are right, I wouldn''t think the salaries would be very "generous." Ohh please keep me posted and good luck! I hope they call soon! Your current employer hasn''t told you anything yet? They suck!

Ohh your weekend sounds like great fun! Enjoy it!! I have a baby shower and going to a Chicago White Sox game. (I''m a cubs fan, bf is white sox fan)
38.gif

Talk to you later!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results