clarity

iLander please help! can't find my ering =[[[[[[

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
AN is younger with long dark hair.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1367552833|3439358 said:
AutumnNovember, I have no relevant psychic abilities. I do, however, have a long history of misplacing my stuff.

First thing: use kinetic memory. Like, literally, walk through what you remember doing, but without thinking about it consciously. You know how sometimes when you're trying to remember a word, you wave your hands a little until they mime the thing you're thinking of? Yeah, like that.

Second: be aware of the obdurate stubbornness of things. I once lost a favorite necklace for two months. How? Apparently, when I took off my shirt, it looped on a button and hung there quietly until the next time I chose to wear that shirt ... ages after I had stopped mourning the pendant. So with your ring, seriously, if you think you put it in the holder, look to see where it could have fallen and bounced to. It might be in a shoe, for all you know.

Third: since you genuinely don't remember, don't underestimate your own capacity for hiding things. I spent YEARS being faintly pissed off that a hard-to-find packet of synthetic rutile (a kind of simulant used in the 50s, very hard to find now) had disappeared off my workbench during a party. Like, ten years. And a few months ago, I found it in a box of jewelry tools I never use. Guess I must have "craftily" hidden them before the party. D'oh.

And finally ... dude, if somebody stole it, they suck. I'm pretty sure somebody lifted a ruby necklace I got for a long-ago birthday, and I'm bitter (and I wasn't insured either, so I know how THAT sucks). But it's not something you should kick yourself for, 'cause you can't control people's dishonestly.

And hey, who knows ... you could find it in a shoe, or a hiding place, or whatever. In the meantime, though, take your own advice - get a good night's sleep, and don't drive yourself nuts. You'll find it. We'll help!

Yes, I too, have a long history of misplacing things!

I just did that before reading your post. I walked back into the closet, walked out and pretending like I was showing husband the indentation my rings left. I know I put those rings in the holder that night. I bought the holder on Saturday so I've been excited about using it.

I'm going through that whole closet tomorrow. All the clothing is coming out. Im checking it all. I just wish I could remember if I moved in the morning.

I have a lot of costume jewelry in that holder and 4 watches. If I never moved the ring in the morning, then it would have been with a couple other rings, ones that LOOK expensive but aren't and I'm honestly wondering if the helper would know the difference of what to take or not. Nothing else is missing in it that holder.

I'm determined to find this damn ring. I didn't wear it to work before but if I do find it, its not coming off my finger. Including for work.

I'm going to go to sleep and revisit this tomorrow.

Thanks so much for sharing the stories....much appreciated. I'm gonna pray I find it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
manderz|1367553646|3439367 said:
AN is younger with long dark hair.

I got a younger woman with long dark hair in the beginning and I assumed it was AN, but when she wrote the word "helper" I went bleepers maybe I mistook her for the helper. Still wanting to know what the helper looked like. I am sure it seems strange but I am working through who moved what and to where.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
The helper looks like that. So does cleaner.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lets ignore the cleaner for a minute. How long has the helper been working for you? And were any of you wearing brown or blue predominantly that day by any chance?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry - posted a thing, deleted it 'cause it didn't seem helpful. Hope it didn't offend if anybody saw it while it was up (just an alternative possibility).

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1367555485|3439380 said:
Lets ignore the cleaner for a minute. How long has the helper been working for you?

She comes every once in a while with cleaner. We called cleaner tonight and asked if she saw it. She said no and then saud let me call helper, maybe she did which was interesting cause I didn't know she came along. When I got home it was just cleaner. Helper called us and had someone translate for us that she didn't see it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1367555933|3439384 said:
Sorry - posted a thing, deleted it 'cause it didn't seem helpful. Hope it didn't offend if anybody saw it while it was up (just an alternative possibility).

Honestly I am not trying to accuse anyone of anything at this point. I am trying to work through who could have moved clothing, bags, trash and so on and where they have moved them to. So you didn't see the helper and you have no idea what colour she was wearing? Do they have a uniform? Were you wearing mostly brown or blue do they?

I agree with the others, go to bed, have a good sleep and have a good look for it tomorrow. Once again I highlight think about where either of them could have moved it to if you did stash it somewhere. See if you can remember if you did stash it or if it was left on the ring holder. Could it have been bumped off the ring holder ended up on the floor and then been vacuumed up by any chance?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1367556101|3439387 said:
Circe|1367555933|3439384 said:

Honestly I am not trying to accuse anyone of anything at this point. I am trying to work through who could have moved clothing, bags, trash and so on and where they have moved them to. So you didn't see the helper and you have no idea what colour she was wearing? Do they have a uniform? Were you wearing mostly brown or blue do they?

I didn't see helper but I have before. That day I had light blue scrub pants on and a White scrub top with a print on it. I had just gotten home from work. I am confident cleaner wouldn't have ever taken it. I really need to know if helper was in my closet and if she was alone. There should have been no reason for helper to be alone at all.

The holder is the kind that hangs and has a bunch of clear pockets all over it. I dont think it can be anywhere but the closet...

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Im going to talk to cleaner again and make sure the story is straight. She doesn't speak English well at all so there are sone communication problems. I don't even think helper drives. Anytime she has come along, she drives with cleaner.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a practical question not one from the universe if that makes sense. When you stash or hide stuff do you always put it somewhere in the cupboard closet? Have you ever put it in strange places like in the draws in the fridge in the draws of the car?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1367557581|3439391 said:
Im going to talk to cleaner again and make sure the story is straight. She doesn't speak English well at all so there are sone communication problems. I don't even think helper drives. Anytime she has come along, she drives with cleaner.

O.K if she usually arrives and or leaves with the cleaner and she wasn't there, how did she leave? Did someone else pick her up, was there someone else in your place?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1367558087|3439392 said:
This is a practical question not one from the universe if that makes sense. When you stash or hide stuff do you always put it somewhere in the cupboard closet? Have you ever put it in strange places like in the draws in the fridge in the draws of the car?

Never. I have typical hiding spots. Med cabinet, husbands dresser, or in my bin in my closet, thats it. Especially that ring. I hace bever hidden it abywhere else which is why I am so worried. So much for a good nights sleep. I'm too sad.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1367558237|3439394 said:

O.K if she usually arrives and or leaves with the cleaner and she wasn't there, how did she leave? Did someone else pick her up, was there someone else in your place?

That's what I mean, I think cleaner confused the shit outta me. Lets ignore helper, only cleaner was there when I came. I'm gonna speak to her in person and see if she was even here. Major language barrier.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1367559137|3439402 said:

That's what I mean, I think cleaner confused the shit outta me. Lets ignore helper, only cleaner was there when I came. I'm gonna speak to her in person and see if she was even here. Major language barrier.

I don't think your cleaner has taken the ring. I would be getting to the bottom of if anyone else was in your place like the helper, the helpers friends etc, just in case you don't find it.

O.K thats it for me you need to get some zzzzzzzs. I know its hard but if you wake up with a clear mind it will help you search tomorrow.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1367559567|3439405 said:
Autumnovember|1367559137|3439402 said:

I don't think your cleaner has taken the ring. I would be getting to the bottom of if anyone else was in your place like the helper, the helpers friends etc, just in case you don't find it.

O.K thats it for me you need to get some zzzzzzzs. I know its hard but if you wake up with a clear mind it will help you search tomorrow.

Woke up, no new ideas of where I could have quickly hid it. And the more I think about it the more I think that I DIDN'T take it out of that jewelry holder. I'm gonna go through the closet today after work....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AN, I just want to say that I am thinking good thoughts for you to find your ring...sending positive energy your way. You will find it!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Good finding thoughts from me too! Please think about not taking off your ring unless you're putting it in a safe in future. It chills my heart whenever I read a thread like this. I won't go about it, now isn't the time. I really, really hope your ring finds you AN. Do you have pets that could take a shine to it? Have you checked all the pockets and rolled sleeves? I'm gonna worry about this all day now....

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
AN, I really hope you find your ring- I know how frustrating it can be not to find something!! I don't know what religion you are, but I was raised Catholic. Although, I rarely go to church now (I guess I'm a bad Catholic-lol), whenever I have lost something valuable or important and searched EVERYWHERE for it and not been able to find it- I have prayed to St. Anthony as a last resort. After I've prayed to him- I always find it. Either a memory floods back to me as to where I've put it, or an area I've searched maybe 5 times and not found the item in- it all of a sudden appears there. If someone has taken it- I guess this won't help, but maybe it's worth a try if it's there somewhere. :saint:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wish I could come over to your place and help you search. I'm great at finding things -- but I have to be physically present and searching for it. Sending you great search vibes -- you'll find it! I also think it will be in an unlikely place where it got accidentally. Good luck AN, do not despair!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of your pets couldn't have misplaced it, could they? I know my cat likes to play with anything that's just lying around and not secured in place.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thought before I go to bed (on a different time zone to you all....) could you have dropped it on the floor before it was put in the cupboard/closet? If they sweep did you check under the bed for it, if they vacuum is the vacuum in a closet cupboard somewhere and have you checked inside the vacuum?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keeping my fingers crossed you find it!

Pray to St. Anthony if you're so inclined. (I was raised Catholic and that's what my mom does.) The prayer goes "Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony, please take a look around. Something is lost and cannot be found."

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1367589873|3439555 said:
Keeping my fingers crossed you find it!

Pray to St. Anthony if you're so inclined. (I was raised Catholic and that's what my mom does.) The prayer goes "Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony, please take a look around. Something is lost and cannot be found."

I never knew there was an actual prayer. Mine goes something like this- "St Anthony, please,please help me find (fill in the blank). I have looked everywhere for it and cannot find it and I really need your help!"

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GemFever|1367586764|3439520 said:
I wish I could come over to your place and help you search. I'm great at finding things -- but I have to be physically present and searching for it. Sending you great search vibes -- you'll find it! I also think it will be in an unlikely place where it got accidentally. Good luck AN, do not despair!

Me, too - I tend to be able to do it at a distance, too. I'm an Experienced Misplacer, so ... yeah. Once my best friend called me at 6 am in a panic because she'd misplaced some crucial paperwork ... in her dorm room ... in London ... that I'd never been to.

Found it inside of half an hour.

And I completely agree with your assessment. AN, it WILL turn up.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I feel like you should check your closet VERY closely again, corners, under, over and around stuff. I don't have more to offer, but please do that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AN,Hope you find the ring soon.. :(sad

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are obvious places/things to check - but it never hurts to look again with fresh eyes:

Do you have a robe with pockets? Do your scrub pants have pockets?

Did you pull out everything in your clothes hamper(s) and laundry basket(s), and shake out/check pockets of each and every piece?

Did you check the vacuum cleaner's bag/cannister?

Could it have bounced under a shower mat / area rug in your bathroom? Or bounced on the floor in your bedroom near the closet and ended up underneath/wedged against a piece of furniture.

Can you lay flat in your bathroom and in your bedroom, and flash around a flashlight very low, grazing the floor level and see if anything shines back at you?

Did you check your purse and your bedside table?

Good luck with your search -- I will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Look carefully in the space under the sink near the cabinet. Check the vaccum bag! Dont throw away ANY garbage.
Dear St Anthony please look around, somethings been lost and needs to be found!
or this gem.... pray to St Dymphna patron saint of Mental Illness... Help me find ____________before I go out of my mind!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elisateach|1367597604|3439640 said:
Look carefully in the space under the sink near the cabinet. Check the vaccum bag! Dont throw away ANY garbage.
Dear St Anthony please look around, somethings been lost and needs to be found!
or this gem.... pray to St Dymphna patron saint of Mental Illness... Help me find ____________before I go out of my mind!!

Yep, for sure do not throw away any garbage just in case you end up having to go through it :knockout: I know that is the last thing you'd want to do and I hope you don't have to, but don't let any trash be collected until you find your ring.

Also, since you have a cleaning person and a helper coming into your home, even if you have insurance, you might want to get a safe for the rest of your jewelry. Regardless if it's costume or gold/platinum, it'd be nice to simply not to have to worry. Also, you'll have a dedicated "safe" spot.

Best of luck and hope you find your ring today!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results