color
clarity

iLander please help! can't find my ering =[[[[[[

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1367548704|3439287 said:
Autumnovember|1367548533|3439282 said:
I'm there

Damn, it's nearby. Ugh. Stand with your back to the washer, look to your right, what do you see?

Back to my washer, to my right is my dog's cage and a door to the garage.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1367548751|3439288 said:
arkieb1|1367548544|3439283 said:
iLander|1367548300|3439278 said:
Autumnovember|1367547961|3439269 said:
iLander|1367547792|3439265 said:
Please go to the the spot I'm describing and we'll walk from there . . .

Otherwise, I'm going to bed . . . :bigsmile:

I can't figure out the spot you're describing....there is nothing blue.

I do remember something though, I came out of my closet after I had got gotten changed after my shower, to show my husband the indentation my rings leave....which leaves me to believe I did put it in the jewelry holder BUT I can't remember if I moved the ring early in the morning before I left for work to hide it in a better spot.

I think the spot was your in closet. Never mind, it's not in that room at all. . . :knockout:

Tell me Ilander do you think its in another room? Could it be a different closet and the cleaning lady has shifted something ie where it was to somewhere else.... I can't go there and I don't see the place but I got the vibe from the beginning the cleaning lady moved it!!!

I asked the cleaning lady if she moved or saw it, she said she didn't see the ring or move any jewelry

No she wouldn't have I get the STRONG impression it was in something like a piece of clothing, or a bag or something so she didn't see, she moved it without knowing it.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1367548814|3439289 said:
I'm there

Damn, it's nearby. Ugh. Stand with your back to the washer, look to your right, what do you see?

I was looking for a big white counter, rats. Let's look in the washer, just for grins, then go back to the kitchen.

Ugh, I'm getting no pictures now. Tired . . .

Wait! Do you have a laundry bag?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1367548902|3439290 said:
Autumnovember|1367548751|3439288 said:
arkieb1|1367548544|3439283 said:
iLander|1367548300|3439278 said:
Autumnovember|1367547961|3439269 said:
iLander|1367547792|3439265 said:
Please go to the the spot I'm describing and we'll walk from there . . .

Otherwise, I'm going to bed . . . :bigsmile:

I can't figure out the spot you're describing....there is nothing blue.

I do remember something though, I came out of my closet after I had got gotten changed after my shower, to show my husband the indentation my rings leave....which leaves me to believe I did put it in the jewelry holder BUT I can't remember if I moved the ring early in the morning before I left for work to hide it in a better spot.

I think the spot was your in closet. Never mind, it's not in that room at all. . . :knockout:

Tell me Ilander do you think its in another room? Could it be a different closet and the cleaning lady has shifted something ie where it was to somewhere else.... I can't go there and I don't see the place but I got the vibe from the beginning the cleaning lady moved it!!!

I asked the cleaning lady if she moved or saw it, she said she didn't see the ring or move any jewelry

No she wouldn't have I get the STRONG impression it was in something like a piece of clothing, or a bag or something so she didn't see, she moved it without knowing it.

ugh, I really, really, really, really hope so. The ring isn't insured so I'm beyond fcked if I don't find it. and I mean BEYOND fcked. I would never be able to save enough money to replace it. Ever.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calm down its there, somewhere its there. I got the message look underneath. Can you look around the washer, around washing baskets, look under the dogs cage.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1367549122|3439293 said:
I'm there

I was looking for a big white counter, rats. Let's look in the washer, just for grins, then go back to the kitchen.

Well...there is a wall between the laundry room and bathroom. And the bathroom sink's cupboard doors or whatever are white.

Check the washer, there were sheets in there...messed with them, nothing. I'll go to the kitchen.

Thank you for the help guys - iLander...maybe we can try again tomorrow ;(

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1367549226|3439296 said:
Calm down its there, somewhere its there. I got the message look underneath. Can you look around the washer, around washing baskets, look under the dogs cage.

I'm ripping the closet apart tomorrow. I'll go look under the washer, and around the washing baskets we have in the closet. Will check under the dogs cage right now. Trying to stay calm...just that ring = $$$ and means. SIGH.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1367549264|3439297 said:
I'm there

Well...there is a wall between the laundry room and bathroom. And the bathroom sink's cupboard doors or whatever are white.

Check the washer, there were sheets in there...messed with them, nothing. I'll go to the kitchen.

Is there a washing bag/washing basket you can look in and under?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm with Arkieb, I think this damn thing traveled!

Laundry bag?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1367549147|3439294 said:
ugh, I really, really, really, really hope so. The ring isn't insured so I'm beyond fcked if I don't find it. and I mean BEYOND fcked. I would never be able to save enough money to replace it. Ever.

If you find it, it's probably time to call the insurance company!!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1367549429|3439299 said:
Autumnovember|1367549264|3439297 said:
I'm there

Is there a washing bag/washing basket you can look in and under?

Yeah, washing basket in my closet that has my husbands clothes in it. Checked under and in not there.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will find the ring. It might be in the dumbest spot ever but you will find it!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1367549434|3439300 said:

Laundry bag?

Me too, when you resume searching I want you to think about all the places your cleaning lady could have picked something up, clothing, bag, rubbish anything and where she would have moved them too. Then look there.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
sonnyjane|1367549543|3439302 said:
Autumnovember|1367549147|3439294 said:

If you find it, it's probably time to call the insurance company!!!!

Yeah, I will - I'll pay for the insurance myself if I have to.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laundry bag?

Me too, when you resume searching I want you to think about all the places your cleaning lady could have picked something up, clothing, bag, rubbish anything and where she would have moved them too. Then look there.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1367549781|3439307 said:

Laundry bag?

Ok I will do that - thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

If anyone else sees anything, please say something!

Maybe I should go buy the metal detector....stupid idea?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get a good night's sleep maybe when you sleep on it you might have some more ideas or be able to remember more clearly where you think you stashed it.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
We are so close.

Now I'm wondering if we just overlooked it. We saw it there, but we didn't look at it.

Tonight, when you are falling asleep, think about it being in your hand. Pretend you're holding it.

Let's try again tomorrow. Same Bat time. Same Bat channel. (Batman reference for those that are too young) :D

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember|1367549953|3439310 said:

I'm sorry, I don't have any of the talents the others in this thread do. However, I just wanted to add a bit of input on this. Don't waste your time and money. Not only will you pick up all of the nails, screws, and other things that go into building a house, you WON'T pick up your ring. Generally speaking, most higher end metals aren't going to be detected with it. :blackeye: Sorry, feeling like a bit of a downer.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock

I'm sorry, I don't have any of the talents the others in this thread do. However, I just wanted to add a bit of input on this. Don't waste your time and money. Not only will you pick up all of the nails, screws, and other things that go into building a house, you WON'T pick up your ring. Generally speaking, most higher end metals aren't going to be detected with it. :blackeye: Sorry, feeling like a bit of a downer.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1367550205|3439315 said:
We are so close.

Now I'm wondering if we just overlooked it. We saw it there, but we didn't look at it.

Tonight, when you are falling asleep, think about it being in your hand. Pretend you're holding it.

Let's try again tomorrow. Same Bat time. Same Bat channel. (Batman reference for those that are too young) :D

I will do that. I had to of had put them in that holder before bed. I remember picking my band out of it in the morning for sure. Has to be in that closet.

I'm gonna try to stop thinking about it for now

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
manderz|1367550680|3439326 said:

Yeah, you're right. Not a downer, just saving me the money. thank you!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I know it's tough, but just put it out of your mind for a while, and try to get a good night's sleep. You never know what may come to you accidentally overnight, but worrying about it won't do a bit of good. You'll find it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1367550205|3439315 said:
We are so close.

Sorry to threadjack, but Ilander can I just say the way you see things is soooo cool. Works differently for me. I get messages which are usually very accurate, so I guess I hear rather than see. Its me that messes up the interpretation of the message usually....

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
manderz|1367551316|3439336 said:
I know it's tough, but just put it out of your mind for a while, and try to get a good night's sleep. You never know what may come to you accidentally overnight, but worrying about it won't do a bit of good. You'll find it.

I really hope I do. I desperately am trying not to point fingers. My cleaning lady brings a helper with her and they do clean the closet (like straightening out the shoes) and I'm just praying her helper didn't take it. Just praying. I don't think they'd do it but guess you never know.

Husband is going to ask who was in the closet...ugh.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I hope you find it!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AutumnNovember, I have no relevant psychic abilities. I do, however, have a long history of misplacing my stuff.

First thing: use kinetic memory. Like, literally, walk through what you remember doing, but without thinking about it consciously. You know how sometimes when you're trying to remember a word, you wave your hands a little until they mime the thing you're thinking of? Yeah, like that.

Second: be aware of the obdurate stubbornness of things. I once lost a favorite necklace for two months. How? Apparently, when I took off my shirt, it looped on a button and hung there quietly until the next time I chose to wear that shirt ... ages after I had stopped mourning the pendant. So with your ring, seriously, if you think you put it in the holder, look to see where it could have fallen and bounced to. It might be in a shoe, for all you know.

Third: since you genuinely don't remember, don't underestimate your own capacity for hiding things. I spent YEARS being faintly pissed off that a hard-to-find packet of synthetic rutile (a kind of simulant used in the 50s, very hard to find now) had disappeared off my workbench during a party. Like, ten years. And a few months ago, I found it in a box of jewelry tools I never use. Guess I must have "craftily" hidden them before the party. D'oh.

And finally ... dude, if somebody stole it, they suck. I'm pretty sure somebody lifted a ruby necklace I got for a long-ago birthday, and I'm bitter (and I wasn't insured either, so I know how THAT sucks). But it's not something you should kick yourself for, 'cause you can't control people's dishonestly.

And hey, who knows ... you could find it in a shoe, or a hiding place, or whatever. In the meantime, though, take your own advice - get a good night's sleep, and don't drive yourself nuts. You'll find it. We'll help!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi AutumnNovember - no special skills from me either but a similar situation happened to me a few years back. Turned out it had slipped to the floor of the bathroom and actually wedged in the teensy gap between the sink vanity and the tiled floor. I only noticed it by accident a few days later when it sparkled in the bathroom light.

I agree with the others. Get a good nights sleep then turn the whole house upside down tomorrow. Bet its somewhere there...

Maybe find a safer stash spot (or a new cleaner!) next time. :wavey:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi AutumnNovember - no special skills from me either but a similar situation happened to me a few years back. Turned out it had slipped to the floor of the bathroom and actually wedged in the teensy gap between the sink vanity and the tiled floor. I only noticed it by accident a few days later when it sparkled in the bathroom light.

I agree with the others. Get a good nights sleep then turn the whole house upside down tomorrow. Bet its somewhere there...

Maybe find a safer stash spot (or a new cleaner!) next time. :wavey: Best of luck.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1367551687|3439339 said:
manderz|1367551316|3439336 said:

I really hope I do. I desperately am trying not to point fingers. My cleaning lady brings a helper with her and they do clean the closet (like straightening out the shoes) and I'm just praying her helper didn't take it. Just praying. I don't think they'd do it but guess you never know.

Husband is going to ask who was in the closet...ugh.

I don't want to panic you but I need you to clarify something for me. The "helper" is this a youngish woman with dark hair who is a niece or some distant relative of the cleaning lady or do you have dark hair? It's relevant because I am trying to work out who put what where exactly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results