shape
carat
color
clarity

iLander please help! can't find my ering =[[[[[[

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you find it, AN. Random place to check, but you could look in between the bed frame and the mattress. I can't remember if you mentioned being near the bed, but I thought I'd throw out that idea. I've had little things get wedged there before...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking of you too, and praying its found. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but please check all shoes in your closet in case it fell and landed inside one.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
One tip I've heard is to use a flash light to look because the diamond will catch the light. Also could it have fallen into the sink? Can you check the trap?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
This thread is fascinating. Can't wait to see how it ends up...hopefully with AN finding her ring!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone -

I just got done work and I'm gonna start the search in my closet. I'm taking everything out of it from top to bottom. I'll check shoes, clothes pockets, everything. I'll try the flashlight idea.

My husband called our insurance company to see if they had any jewelry coverage and they don't. The woman on the phone said that we should think about reporting it to the police so they can put the laser inscribed number in the data base. If I don't find it it - there's only one answer to why its gone.

Fingers crossed. Thank you all for the positive vibes.

I prayed to St. Anthony a lot to day...will do it when I'm searching right now too.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Best of luck! hope you find it!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No no no, don't give up!! All the places it's not there? Not even the trap under the sink?

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What about completely unexpected places? The kitchen? The fridge? The couch in the living room?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And when you search "unexpected" places ... don't forget weirdness. I once stuck my ring in the slot for my bench pin, and looked for it for 45 minutes. I once stuck it on a little dish on top of the fridge ... and looked for it for over an hour. My husband, god love 'im, once took his wedding ring off and carefully balanced it on the shower doorframe in a hotel (I ... do not even know). Sometimes, when we have those moments of split attention/intention, we just stash things in "obvious" places that our rational minds don't see as being all that obvious. Can you maybe bring your sister or a friend over to help you look with fresh eyes?

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just re-read your first post. Maybe you weren't even wearing your ering before taking that shower? Maybe you took it off earlier, like in the kitchen before doing dishes? (I sometimes do that and put it on various object near the kitchen sink). You also said later that your ring holder is new. Where did you used to put your ering before you got it? Maybe it's closer to that place? Any chance it was in the pocket of some pants that went into the washing machine, and it fell out there?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
So, we live in small place. About 1200 sq ft. Its not cluttered at all...Nothing is on my coffee table, or my dining room table...nothing on my counters. The ring would stand out. I never take the ring off for cleaning the dishes, I just let it get dirty and clean it later.

I just keep picturing that ring in the jewelry holder, over and over and over again. I can't believe I was dumb enough not to go and double check it when I got home and she was cleaning. I should have never put it in that holder. I should have put it in my husbands dresser.

I looked under the bed, under the washer, under the dresser, in between the dresser, inside the dressers. Everywhere. Every-single-where. The bathroom sink is a bit messed up so there is not nearly enough room for it to slip into the trap.

We called the cleaner. We asked her to come over. We need to get to the bottom of this...

I need to find out who was in my house while I was at work.

The insurance company is saying we need to talk to her too and figure out what happened here.

I can't stop thinking about how I took that ring off and put it in the jewelry holder and told my husband it indented my finger.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:(

Hang in there. I hope the conversation with the cleaning lady will be helpful, in some way.

Sorry, my brain won't stop thinking of possible places. What about window sills? I hope you don't mind if I keep coming up with guesses. Of course if you have a small and uncluttered place it's harder. But sometimes you'd be surprised at how good things get at getting lost right under our nose.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry, Rita. FWIW, I get the feeling like it is somewhere in the bathroom. Did you check your ultrasonic (if you have one)?

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bathroom mirror, if you have one of those that opens?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, OP, although in your last post you sound convinced you took off your ER and put it in the jewelry holder, in your opening post of this thread you were uncertain whether you had in fact placed the ER there...

Since you may not have done what you normally do with your ER when you remove it at home, it really could be anywhere in your house. I would not hasten to assumptions involving your cleaning person(s).

[As an example, although I *always* remove my ER and WB when I get home and put them in my jewelry box, one time the ER was misplaced - the WB was in the jewelry box but no sign of the ER. I looked and looked and looked, called all the places I had been since I had last seen it on my finger for sure, and tore up my house, my car, etc. I finally found the ER caught up between the top sheet and the light blanket of my bed - I only found it when I stripped the bed and carefully shook out each bed covering - I'm still not entirely sure how it got there. It took 48 hours of searching and thinking and retracing my steps - the bed area was not even in the top 10 places I thought it likely to be.]

Anyways, I very much hope you continue searching in the most unlikely of places and that it turns up very soon.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Good luck talking with the housekeeper. I hope you get some answers and even more I hope you find it and that it was NOT taken :(

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
GemFever|1367611967|3439788 said:
:(

Hang in there. I hope the conversation with the cleaning lady will be helpful, in some way.

Sorry, my brain won't stop thinking of possible places. What about window sills? I hope you don't mind if I keep coming up with guesses. Of course if you have a small and uncluttered place it's harder. But sometimes you'd be surprised at how good things get at getting lost right under our nose.

No, no, I don't mind.

I have my blinds closed in my room and living room except for two windows which are next to a giant plant and no where near anywhere that I'm ever next to.

My husband thinks its fishy that she called someone to translate yesterday. She's never done that before. It's hard for her to understand us sometimes for sure she'll ask us to repeat it a couple times but shes never needed a translator. Today, when we called...she understood and spoke perfectly fine. I don't know my brain is trying to figure it out.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
GemFever|1367612365|3439792 said:
Bathroom mirror, if you have one of those that opens?

Yep, thats the one hanging on the wall that I sometimes put my ring in. Its small, only have a few things in there so its easy to check which I did yesterday. I'll check my makeup bag....

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1367612588|3439797 said:
Also, OP, although in your last post you sound convinced you took off your ER and put it in the jewelry holder, in your opening post of this thread you were uncertain whether you had in fact placed the ER there...

Since you may not have done what you normally do with your ER when you remove it at home, it really could be anywhere in your house. I would not hasten to assumptions involving your cleaning person(s).

[As an example, although I *always* remove my ER and WB when I get home and put them in my jewelry box, one time the ER was misplaced - the WB was in the jewelry box but no sign of the ER. I looked and looked and looked, called all the places I had been since I had last seen it on my finger for sure, and tore up my house, my car, etc. I finally found the ER caught up between the top sheet and the light blanket of my bed - I only found it when I stripped the bed and carefully shook out each bed covering - I'm still not entirely sure how it got there. It took 48 hours of searching and thinking and retracing my steps - the bed area was not even in the top 10 places I thought it likely to be.]

Anyways, I very much hope you continue searching in the most unlikely of places and that it turns up very soon.

You're right - my husband kept saying the same thing, that I was unsure the first time he asked me. But then I remembered the conversation I had with him when I walked out of the closet, where I had just taken it off.

I still feel like I didn't move it in the morning. I remember taking my wedding band out of there in the morning. And fishing for it a little to take it out cause there were several other rings in there. I feel like I HID it because I knew the ring was in there. The rest of the stuff in there is cheap stuff besides two Chanel watches which would be very noticeable if gone.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1367613259|3439804 said:

You're right - my husband kept saying the same thing, that I was unsure the first time he asked me. But then I remembered the conversation I had with him when I walked out of the closet, where I had just taken it off.

I still feel like I didn't move it in the morning. I remember taking my wedding band out of there in the morning. And fishing for it a little to take it out cause there were several other rings in there. I feel like I HID it because I knew the ring was in there. The rest of the stuff in there is cheap stuff besides two Chanel watches which would be very noticeable if gone.

The translator part is fishy for me too, but like you said, you had other rings in there that LOOK valuable even if they aren't as valuable as your e-ring. It would take someone that was really looking to take only your e-ring.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
sonnyjane|1367613684|3439807 said:
Autumnovember|1367613259|3439804 said:

The translator part is fishy for me too, but like you said, you had other rings in there that LOOK valuable even if they aren't as valuable as your e-ring. It would take someone that was really looking to take only your e-ring.

So the other valuable looking ring I'm talking about is one that is a colored stone, a pink one that pretty big with tiny diamonds on each side. Theres 4 rings in there total....the pockets are clear. It was easy to see for sure. My husband did mention the same thing you did but then I was saying how easy it would have been to take them out. Slip your fingers in, and out they go. I'm certain she knows what my ering looks like. Something just doesn't make sense.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
My mom keeps telling me her intuition is telling her the ring is in the house still and to stop looking for it. She thinks it'll come up.

I'm so torn. I keep going back and forth. I keep feeling like it IS here, somewhere, God knows where. At the same time, something is telling me it was taken.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
While it's still daylight outside, I'd just keep searching and searching. Of course also talk to the cleaner and if nothing comes of it, report the missing ring. Maybe the police could alert the pawn shops.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
GemFever|1367614407|3439815 said:
While it's still daylight outside, I'd just keep searching and searching. Of course also talk to the cleaner and if nothing comes of it, report the missing ring. Maybe the police could alert the pawn shops.

Yeah, we're going after we talk to her for sure. Praying this all turns out ok anyway.... awful feeling.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Since you remember hiding the jewelry holder behind some clothes, is it possible you took the ring out and slipped it somewhere more safe without thinking about it? Like maybe a zipper pocket of a purse hanging in the closet?

If you get a bad feeling after talking to the cleaning lady, maybe check/alert the pawn shops that are local to the cleaner/helper.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
LAJennifer|1367615202|3439826 said:
Since you remember hiding the jewelry holder behind some clothes, is it possible you took the ring out and slipped it somewhere more safe without thinking about it? Like maybe a zipper pocket of a purse hanging in the closet?

If you get a bad feeling after talking to the cleaning lady, maybe check/alert the pawn shops that are local to the cleaner/helper.

That's what I was thinking at first too. But then I checked absolutely everything in that closet today. I checked inside shoes, in clothes, in pockets. Everything.

Yeah I'll be doing all of that. I'll update you all.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
here's something else thats interesting - yesterday, when I went to go put the ring on, I went to the jewelery holder to get it out which does lead me to believe it WAS in there for sure at some point...

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I've been following along but haven't chimed in yet. I'm so sorry that your ring is missing! :(sad I don't know if you can get her to do it, but maybe you can ask the cleaning lady to be present when you file the police report since she was in the house that day and can verify that there was no break in. Now I know that there wasn't one, but this is a pretty good way to find out fast if she knows something and is hiding it.

Ultimately, if she's 100% innocent and has been cleaning for you for a while, she'll be eager to help. If something is amiss (unless she's undocumented...) she'll avoid it at all costs.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi AN...just another voice chiming in to say that I'm praying that you find it ASAP. I'm sure that it's an awful feeling to be without your ring. Sending "ring finding vibes" your way...big hugs to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results