shape
carat
color
clarity

iLander please help! can't find my ering =[[[[[[

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
This might be extreme, but if you file a police report can they dust for finger prints on the jewelry holder?

eta: if it was taken, perhaps simply stating the police are going to dust for prints would be enough for a thief to return it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you open the trap in the sink?

I don't think you put it where you think you put it. When I read your first posts it seemed clear you had a mind-burp when you took it off... you may not have encoded what you did with it! Don't convince yourself you know what you did with it. I agree with your mom to try to wait and see. You will be walking through a room one day and have an A HA! and remember what you did with it.

Your cleaning person might have asked for a translater because she is scared shitless because she knows what you are getting at asking her about a lost ring. Unless she is really stupid she would not take it. I am sure she knows what happens to foreign cleaning ladies when the "boss lady" loses a ring. They get fired or put i jail. Why would she risk that? So please don't jump to that conclusion yet.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1367618546|3439862 said:

I don't think you put it where you think you put it. When I read your first posts it seemed clear you had a mind-burp when you took it off... you may not have encoded what you did with it! Don't convince yourself you know what you did with it. I agree with your mom to try to wait and see. You will be walking through a room one day and have an A HA! and remember what you did with it.

Your cleaning person might have asked for a translater because she is scared shitless because she knows what you are getting at asking her about a lost ring. Unless she is really stupid she would not take it. I am sure she knows what happens to foreign cleaning ladies when the "boss lady" loses a ring. They get fired or put i jail. Why would she risk that? So please don't jump to that conclusion yet.

I agree I don't think the regular cleaning lady took it, but I would like to know more about the "helper". I won't accuse anyone over an Internet forum, just saying if anyone were to take the ring, it would likely be someone with less contact/relationship with AN.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

I completely get what you're saying which is why I'm so torn but then I think back to coming out of my closet and showing my husband my indented finger. And the fact that yesterday, when I went to get it, I went to the holder. I really hope everyone is right and its not her and its laying somewhere. What if it never shows up? I'll be more annoyed that I didn't dig deeper... know what I mean?

Worst comes to worst and I don't ever see it again... I will buy the band again and unfortunately I will have to put a CZ in till I can buy another diamond of the same size which may be never.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
sonnyjane|1367619328|3439865 said:

I agree I don't think the regular cleaning lady took it, but I would like to know more about the "helper". I won't accuse anyone over an Internet forum, just saying if anyone were to take the ring, it would likely be someone with less contact/relationship with AN.

Agreed. Completely.

Also, about the trap... no. I didn't open it cause my sink is messed up as is, so the gap in which rings could slip through in those situations is basically nonexistant on my sink.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd hate to think someone would take your ring. It HAS to be in the house somewhere. I'd tear the rest of the house apart and look in every nook and cranny (which it sounds like you're doing). It would be too bad to think that it was stolen and possibly blame someone for taking it when she didn't.

Another random place to check: the inside edge of the washing machine or dryer (if you have front loaders). Do you know where I'm talking about? I've found things there, too. I'm trying to think of very obscure places, places you think you'd never put something. You never know...

What about your gym bag? Shoes? Your car? Junk drawer? Drawers in end tables or a coffee table? Inside a kitchen cabinet? Decorative holders, pottery, vases, etc. Again, you never know.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1367620922|3439874 said:
I'd hate to think someone would take your ring. It HAS to be in the house somewhere. I'd tear the rest of the house apart and look in every nook and cranny (which it sounds like you're doing). It would be too bad to think that it was stolen and possibly blame someone for taking it when she didn't.

Another random place to check: the inside edge of the washing machine or dryer (if you have front loaders). Do you know where I'm talking about? I've found things there, too. I'm trying to think of very obscure places, places you think you'd never put something. You never know...

What about your gym bag? Shoes? Your car? Again, you never know.

I know...I'm gonna talk to her and try my best not to come off like I'm blaming her. But what if her helper was here and DID take it??

I looked in the washer and dry and the nooks and crannys of it.

I don't go to the gym, so no gym bag. Checked every single pair of shoes and slippers, including hubbys. No possible way its in my car. Absolutely positively 100% not in here. That ring has not left my house since Sunday unless it was taken. I'm absolutely positively 100% certain of that.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
AN, I hope my post didn't come across a certain way.

Oh, you're not going to believe this. I just asked my husband for the most obscure place he could think of to "hide" something. In telling me the usual places mentioned already, he *happened* to mention that he uh, threw away one of his wedding rings by accident a few months ago or so. We got him one and he wore it for a while but neither of us were crazy about the finish. We ordered him another one and that's the one he wears now. It's his original ring that he threw out. He can't believe I'm a little miffed.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1367620922|3439874 said:
I'd hate to think someone would take your ring. It HAS to be in the house somewhere. I'd tear the rest of the house apart and look in every nook and cranny (which it sounds like you're doing). It would be too bad to think that it was stolen and possibly blame someone for taking it when show.

I think there's a tactful way to go about this without accusing outright. AN can get regular housekeeper over to retrace steps, can explain how devastated she is, and ideally see if "helper" can come by as well if it turns out helper was in the house at any point unsupervised. By also explaining to "helper" how devastating the loss is as asking her to retrace her steps and see if they possibly moved anything, etc., I think it would be very easy for AN to get a read on whether or not something was fishy, and, if it WAS taken, that interaction might be enough to spark some guilt. She could even leave an out like "if you think of anywhere it might be that I've missed or if it's accidentally in with your cleaning supplies, please let me know!"

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Go back to the bathroom, look around the back and under the sink.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Guys, interesting revelation...I'm gonna type it up.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
have to go run a quick errand.

I have the ring. I have a very, very, strong suspicion she took it and placed it back when she came over here- we left her alone while we were "searching" in the other room. My husband whispered to me that he wanted her to be alone while she was helping us look around so it gave her the chance to put it back if it was indeed taken. She came out of our bedroom saying she found it in a place I checked 3 DIFFERENT times. The spot was in my closet in the bin but in a very colorful bag that is very memorable. I'd know if I put it in there. I know I didn't. Also, when she first came in my house and we got to talking, she asked me where I thought I left the ring. I didn't tell her specifically where, I just said my closet. Then, she told me to go look for it in the couch because you never know. That's when I left the room and hubby followed. And then she came out with the ring.

Also, I asked her if she has been at my in-laws in a while. Back in October she told me they weren't calling her as often and I had assumed it was because of the storm we had here, Sandy and because they were busy fixing their demolished shore house. She told me they haven't called at all lately. I'm seeing them tomorrow, I'll find out why. I'll go into more detail when I get back in 30 mins.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow I'm SOOO glad you found your ring!

Now to find a new cleaning lady...

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
WHOOOOHOOOO!!! it's back!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I AM VERY RELIEVED FOR YOU.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1367624104|3439899 said:
Wow wow I'm SOOO glad you found your ring!

Now to find a new cleaning lady...

I'm so relieved for you. Now, invest in a nice safe for all your valuables to go into on cleaning day.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
AN- I am sooo happy you have your ring back!!!!!! Very smart to leave her alone so she could "find" it!! I know St. Anthony would not have let you down and when you couldn't find it after praying to him, I felt it wasn't in the house. I know you must be so relieved !!!!!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, that is shocking. It must have been a lapse in judgement. How could she think she could get away with it? I'm waiting to hear the details and am so happy for you. Get online right now and get a policy from Jeweler's Mutual. It is not expensive and you will sleep a little easier.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thank goodness!!!! Now get that ring insured!!!!!! :errrr:

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
NonieMarie|1367624603|3439906 said:
OMG, that is shocking. It must have been a lapse in judgement. How could she think she could get away with it? I'm waiting to hear the details and am so happy for you. Get online right now and get a policy from Jeweler's Mutual. It is not expensive and you will sleep a little easier.

If it was indeed taken, I feel like it was the helper. I second the suggestion of Jeweler's Mutual.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
That was very smart of your husband to give her the opportunity to return the ring. I'm greatly relieved for you.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, thank God!! I'm so relieved for you!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Aha! I was only getting a vibe that that one of those 2 women took it. Or that your regular cleaning lady was lying about having someone working with her. I just didn't want to be a source of discouragement. I'm glad you got the ring back.

Check the ring carefully, in case the stone was switched. Insure your jewelry. Buy a safe and anchor it to the floor.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh thank HEAVENS your ring is back!!! YAY YAY YAY!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

but .... BOO to the cleaning lady. Holy crap - she got caught and put it back because so much fuss was made. *THAT* was her last shift at your house ---- at least that's what I'd be thinking if it were my place!! AN, so happy you have it back and there is nothing to be gained by confronting her, but please do NOT continue w her as your cleaning lady - even tho she's been called on this... who knows what she may think is appealing next time.

(All based on circumstantial evidence, but it seems pretty weird that what was searched 3 times, suddenly the ring is found??? too suspicious for my liking...)

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
TC1987|1367625373|3439918 said:
Aha! I was only getting a vibe that that one of those 2 women took it. Or that your regular cleaning lady was lying about having someone working with her. I just didn't want to be a source of discouragement. I'm glad you got the ring back.

Check the ring carefully, in case the stone was switched. Insure your jewelry. Buy a safe and anchor it to the floor.

Yes, anchor the safe to the wall or the floor. I had a tile floor in the closet and wasn't sure where I wanted to put the safe. While I was deciding, someone broke in and carried out the safe! :angryfire:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG,

When I read the word "helper" yesterday in your post I actually sensed someone took it. That one word and my heart sank immediately. I got the message it went out of your place by car from that one word which is why I was suggesting if you look at the threads about checking the car but Circe put a thing on here about not accusing anyone and how dumb that would be and took it off as I was writing it, so I decided not to say anything.

I got the message the youngish women with the long dark hair took it by car so that is why I was trying to figure out if that was you or one of the others. I knew it had travelled, I sense someone had put it into a pocket of a piece of clothing and it had moved. I am glad I did suggest something wasn't right about that situation and you needed to find out who was in your place. I could also sense how upset you were so I was trying to be positive because I saw quite clearly you would find the ring. I have just gotten up I had a dream that you would find the ring!!!

You might remember I got cupboard, cupboard, cupboard over and over. It was taken from there and I believed if you slept on it it would show up back there again.

I am so glad for you that it has reappeared. Time to get a new cleaning lady. I hope I was of some help.

Big hug for the stress of it all!!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, I am so very glad the ring was recovered, but sorry that the cleaning lady was involved - you and your DH were so clever to allow her the opportunity to "find" it - but boy it sure makes you cringe when you think someone you trusted to be in your home would do such a thing. I am quite curious to hear the story of why the in-laws stopped using her services.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I am beyond relieved. I cried when I saw it.

I spoke to my in laws and found out why they haven't called her.......

sigh...

Two pieces of my father in laws jewelry went missing.

I know she is in a bad position right now with her husband being sick and not having insurance. She told me shes paying out of pocket.

I keep rewinding trying to remember if I did put it in there and I cannot for the life of me remember that. Its a tie dye bag with underwear in it. I feel like I would remember that. I don't know. This all played out weird. I'm confused myself. Was this all a coincidence? Did she actually take it and then return it?

What I do know is that I will be getting insurance on Monday.

You guys were a tremendous help, seriously.

I actually have absolutely nothing else in my home worth taking... so if it was taken... they picked the most expensive thing. She swore it was just her in tge house but who really knows.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She took it and returned it I am 100% certain. Get insurance and a better cleaning lady.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AN, I am SO SO SO thrilled you have your ring back!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results