Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 4:37:20 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Date: 2/20/2010 3:47:18 PM

Author: Smurfyimproved

We got saffron his very first cat collar today

Needless to say....he despises it lol

It''s cute! That sort of reminds me of when we got collars, harnesses and leashes for our 2 cats just before we moved. I thought it would be good to put collars and leashes on them just in case they were able to escape along our travels. We also got them micro-chipped (perhaps I was a little paranoid!). Anyway, our female cat was cool with both the collar and the leash (and the harness), but our male cat sprang up high into the air the minute the leash went on. He then threw himself into the door and somehow got out of his harness. I have never seen him react that way before. He was so scared. Hopefully Saffron will get used to his collar soon.

Saffron has stopped tryin to tear off so that''s good!
36.gif
I once got Pepper a harness/leash because I had this CRAZY idea that I was going to take him for walks around the neighborhood
20.gif
I ended up carrying pepper back home because he was so scared of every single thing that moved and he also peed on my favorite tank top. DH laughed his butt off at me the whole way home going "I told you that would happen!" and now we don''t take the cats for walks anymore! lol Although when we sit on the balcony during the summer they will come take naps out there
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
charbie you best be posting pics when your tattoo is healed!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 6:10:48 PM
Author: charbie
I just got a new tattoo. Its of one of the fairies from sleeping beauty...the green one. Its on my ribs and hurt like nothing I''ve experienced...and I''m still in pain. I can''t wait to see it all healed up!

Ditto to the mandatory photo!

I want a tattoo on my ribs as well. I''ve been told it''ll hurt like nothing else. Eek.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahaha on walking the cats. I've actually seen someone do that before and the cat looked like it wasn't having a super fun time.

C--I wanna see the new tatt!

ETA: SDL, so happy for you! That is great news!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2010 7:46:45 PM
Author: April20
I just checked the menu for my FAVORITE breakfast/brunch restaurant. They have different weekend specials every week for grits, omelets, pancakes and french toast. The pancakes that have been eluding me for nearly two years are on the menu this weekend!!!!!! Red velvet pancakes here I come!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited it''s really ridiculous. The last time I was there I had cinnamon roll pancakes. Bits of cinnamon rolls (which they make fresh daily) cut into the pancakes. Fantastic. I''ve been hearing about the red velvets for two years and have missed them every time. I cannot wait!

red velvet pancakes sound RIDICULOUS and I am so jealous!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 8:16:33 PM
Author: BeachRunner

I just got a new tattoo. Its of one of the fairies from sleeping beauty...the green one. Its on my ribs and hurt like nothing I''ve experienced...and I''m still in pain. I can''t wait to see it all healed up!

I want a tattoo on my ribs as well. I''ve been told it''ll hurt like nothing else. Eek.

I''ve heard that as well, about the pain in that spot..but it''s such a sexy spot, it would be worth it!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 10:07:48 PM
Author: Asscherhalo_lover

Date: 2/20/2010 7:46:45 PM
Author: April20
I just checked the menu for my FAVORITE breakfast/brunch restaurant. They have different weekend specials every week for grits, omelets, pancakes and french toast. The pancakes that have been eluding me for nearly two years are on the menu this weekend!!!!!! Red velvet pancakes here I come!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited it''s really ridiculous. The last time I was there I had cinnamon roll pancakes. Bits of cinnamon rolls (which they make fresh daily) cut into the pancakes. Fantastic. I''ve been hearing about the red velvets for two years and have missed them every time. I cannot wait!

red velvet pancakes sound RIDICULOUS and I am so jealous!
That sounds sooo yummy!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Had an allergic reaction tonight. I know how my son feels. I don't know what it was. But it hit me quick. I think they must have used some pine nuts... I was soooo scared, and my husband was too. He wanted to take me right to the ER, but I was like give me a second. We came home, because we have an EPI pen here for my son. But by the time we got home, I was ok. PHEW.

I will have to call my allergist and ask him WTF?? This was really fast and hard. The same thing my son is going through. BUT I have never had this reaction. Ok once I did, but that was a loooong time ago...

I want to say F**** all the servers that say there are no nuts in the sauce, the icing, or whatever. You really need to know before you say no, no nuts, you'll be fine.
29.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 12:47:59 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Had an allergic reaction tonight.
Scary!!! Good thing you had an epi pen at the house just in case! Glad you''re feeling better now. I had an asthma type attack one time from cold air + exertion + hot air in the car/fumes and it scared me so much. Don''t have asthma! I got an emergency inhaler though from my Dr. after that - but it hasn''t happened since. I probably should carry it around in the winter.
4.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 11:52:31 PM
Author: packrat
Date: 2/20/2010 8:16:33 PM

Author: BeachRunner

I''ve heard that as well, about the pain in that spot..but it''s such a sexy spot, it would be worth it!
I have one on each foot, which I''ve been told is super painful...but those weren''t THAT bad. Ummm...ribs is way worse. Its nice tho, bc I can hide it there. My husband requested it to go on my rib. Its actually bruised and swollen now, and of course tats aren''t as cute when super fresh. Usually the pain stops once they are done...not this one...whew! But the shop I went to is awesome, and it is such pretty colors, can''t wait to show her off!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 7:39:39 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I am thrilled my son is home from his tour of duty in S. Korea and is visiting his Momma for the next 2 weeks.. and very happy he will be stationed in the states the next 2 years!

That''s awesome SDL!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh -- I''m glad to hear that you''re okay!

Smurfy -- we''ve talked about taking our cats out for a walk but it would be way too risky. I know they''d run away, so we''re not going to take that chance. I''ve seen some cats on a leash before and it looks kind of funny. They didn''t seem to mind though.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charbie--You must be tough! I have two tattoos on my right foot and one of them hurt like nothing I''ve ever experienced before! The one on the top of my foot was okay, but the one on the inside part of my foot, which starts at my heel and goes to the middle of the side of my foot, was miserable. I didn''t even want them to fill it in, it hurt so much. Tough lady, you!

My random comment for the day is:

It is very convenient to have multiple cats. When you accidentally lock one of them in the food pantry (because he climbed in there and hid behind the cans of beans) the other two make it very obvious where he''s gone by sitting side-by-side outside of the pantry door and staring at the handle. They don''t make a sound, they just sit very still, one next to the other, and stare.

They do it when one of them is locked in under the sink, too, or in the front hall closet, or in a drawer . . .

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Bodhi has decided to be destructive lately, and ate my favourite sweatpants.
7.gif
The only thing worse than him eating the pants is knowing it''s our fault - we obviously aren''t exercising him enough or stimulating him enough, because the main reason a dog gets destructive is boredom. So my favourite sweatpants are gone and I''ve got nobody to blame but myself. So I started today off with an hour-long walk, and he''s STILL running around with my socks in his mouth. Gah. I wish he and the cats would play.

Summer (and the basset hound we''re inheriting from my parents who can be his playmate) can''t come soon enough.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited to be going back to nd in 2 weeks. I can't wait to see the only good friend I have right now! Also my mom is getting a new car (she's spoiled!) but that means they have a 06 mini van they were just going to trade in but instead are going to sell it to DH and I for 7k. Now we don't have to worry about being able to get a new car (we couldn't because we are both contractors, bleh).

DH and I are going to visit his aunt and uncle in NM next week as well. We haven't been to visit them since we moved out to Colorado and I can't wait to meet them for the first time and to see NM for the first time as well
1.gif

Life will be good the next couple of weeks.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
another day another thank you note
le sigh

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay SDL! You must be thrilled your son is back on home soil!
36.gif

Eeek Kaleigh! That reaction sounded scary! I''m glad it eased off before you had to go to the ER!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 3:09:58 PM
Author: Maisie
36.gif
Ditto! I can't believe he's been gone for so long! I remember when you first posted that he decided to leave. Time flies!

I have a vent re: Police...

I just drove down a main street in my town for about 3 miles. A police car pulled up next to me at when I first got on the street and it went like this:

- He ran a red light that myself and 10 other cars stopped at. It was not a main intersection, but a red light none the less. (did not have emergency lights on.)
- He cut back and forth across the 3 lane road repeatedly, to dodge other cars, without using a signal once.
- Was going at least 10 mph over the speed limit the entire time. (I would catch up to him at other red lights. They are all linked.)

Am I supposed to respect this behavior? Just because he has a badge and a squad car, he can break the law? Really, running a red light for absolutely no reason at all??

April20

Ideal_Rock
Okay, the pancake verdict is in!

Red Velvet Pancakes- Good. Is very reminescent of the cake. But they weren''t knock you over great.

The cinnamon roll pancakes I had a few weeks ago? Hands down the BEST pancakes they do. I am now stalking the brunch menu for when these come up again.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 12:47:59 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Had an allergic reaction tonight. I know how my son feels. I don''t know what it was. But it hit me quick. I think they must have used some pine nuts... I was soooo scared, and my husband was too. He wanted to take me right to the ER, but I was like give me a second. We came home, because we have an EPI pen here for my son. But by the time we got home, I was ok. PHEW.

I will have to call my allergist and ask him WTF?? This was really fast and hard. The same thing my son is going through. BUT I have never had this reaction. Ok once I did, but that was a loooong time ago...

I want to say F**** all the servers that say there are no nuts in the sauce, the icing, or whatever. You really need to know before you say no, no nuts, you''ll be fine.
29.gif
I''m glad you''re okay! Super scary!! I hope you don''t have a new severe allergy.

I have an aunt that is DEATHY allegic to bell peppers and even with an epi pen, it means a trip to the ER. Many times she''s gotten food that has a bell pepper "garnish", even after asking if it has that ingredient. Servers really do need to pay attention- it can mean life or death for many people!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
London''s teacher called me last week to ask if I wanted to sub at the school as a teacher''s assistant! I was going to call the elementary school principal and talk to her about it but she got sick, so now I''m to call the Superintendant. I just thought it was nice of her to think of me for the job..it would be an as needed basis, but a good way to try out a job and see if I like it, and a good way to get my foot in the door for full time when Trapper''s in school in a couple years.

It makes me feel good that the jobs I''ve had since I took classes at the community college have all been ones that people have called and asked me to work for them!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 4:31:28 PM
Author: packrat
London''s teacher called me last week to ask if I wanted to sub at the school as a teacher''s assistant! I was going to call the elementary school principal and talk to her about it but she got sick, so now I''m to call the Superintendant. I just thought it was nice of her to think of me for the job..it would be an as needed basis, but a good way to try out a job and see if I like it, and a good way to get my foot in the door for full time when Trapper''s in school in a couple years.

It makes me feel good that the jobs I''ve had since I took classes at the community college have all been ones that people have called and asked me to work for them!
That''s awesome. Sevens one does that at her kids school. She loves it!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 3:43:58 PM
Author: meresal

36.gif
Ditto! I can''t believe he''s been gone for so long! I remember when you first posted that he decided to leave. Time flies!

I just drove down a main street in my town for about 3 miles. A police car pulled up next to me at when I first got on the street and it went like this:

- He ran a red light that myself and 10 other cars stopped at. It was not a main intersection, but a red light none the less. (did not have emergency lights on.)
- He cut back and forth across the 3 lane road repeatedly, to dodge other cars, without using a signal once.
- Was going at least 10 mph over the speed limit the entire time. (I would catch up to him at other red lights. They are all linked.)

Am I supposed to respect this behavior? Just because he has a badge and a squad car, he can break the law? Really, running a red light for absolutely no reason at all??
This is one of my pet peeves. FI and I talk about this all the time. When we were in California, a CHP officer cut us off crossing 3-4 lanes of highway traffic to exit the highway to follow someone who was speeding. There is no point in CAUSING an accident to stop someone from speeding!
20.gif

Also, when law enforcement folks pull each other over, there is a code that you just let them go. So, there''s no accountability whatsoever...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 5:06:40 PM
Author: trillionaire
Date: 2/21/2010 3:43:58 PM

Author: meresal

36.gif
Ditto! I can''t believe he''s been gone for so long! I remember when you first posted that he decided to leave. Time flies!

This is one of my pet peeves. FI and I talk about this all the time. When we were in California, a CHP officer cut us off crossing 3-4 lanes of highway traffic to exit the highway to follow someone who was speeding. There is no point in CAUSING an accident to stop someone from speeding!
20.gif

Also, when law enforcement folks pull each other over, there is a code that you just let them go. So, there''s no accountability whatsoever...

Yup, I see the same thing happen often. Two times I can think of in Chicago I literally was almost t-boned by an officer speeding through a red light with no lights, no siren. Here I most often see a general lack of regard for traffic laws, i.e. no turn signals, disregarding stop signs/lights, etc.

My personal favorite (pet peeve) is firefighters getting away with drinking and driving. I knew SEVERAL people who were pulled over, flashed their ID and were let off (and in one case 3 different times) without the usual consequences (DUI charge). That is worse to me than any traffic offense. It''s letting a drunk person stay on the road and risk their lives and those of others because they''re part of a special club.
20.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
One of my favourite professors died yesterday. I was lucky to have taken a class from her my junior year - she was so lively and fun, a passionate teacher, and just an incredible woman.

I can''t even put words to this right now. My school lost somebody special, but the world really lost an incredible soul.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Princess. That''s awful.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

I can''t wait to see it either! Please post a pic when you are better... I love ink!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 7:39:39 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I am thrilled my son is home from his tour of duty in S. Korea and is visiting his Momma for the next 2 weeks.. and very happy he will be stationed in the states the next 2 years!

Yay!!! So glad he is home safe!!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
two things.

1.) Went to Boot Camp for the 1st time this morning. It kind of kicked my ass, but in a good way. I hate it. Will be going back tomorrow.

2.) Discovered my ring looks like a disco ball in the lighting in the parking structure that we were exercising in
9.gif
Even the class instructor had to say something about it!

Bling Bling!
31.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i just found out that one of the girls who holds my same position in another building within our company is no longer with the company...officially she gave her notice. unofficially, she was given a choice of staying on for 2 more weeks and then getting fired, or giving her notice. in my field, they don''t make you work out a notice...they say "bubye!"

and i found out another woman, who i am really close with, has a meeting this afternoon with our boss...doesn''t sound promising.

i think i''m gonna be sick.
7.gif
32.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results