carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 9:57:41 AM
Author: charbie
i just found out that one of the girls who holds my same position in another building within our company is no longer with the company...officially she gave her notice. unofficially, she was given a choice of staying on for 2 more weeks and then getting fired, or giving her notice. in my field, they don''t make you work out a notice...they say ''bubye!''

and i found out another woman, who i am really close with, has a meeting this afternoon with our boss...doesn''t sound promising.

i think i''m gonna be sick.
7.gif
32.gif

Yikes charbie, but I bet they are just freeing up other people''s salary so they can give you a big promotion and a raise!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Princess - I''m sorry about your professor

Charbie - I''m sorry about everything at work!!!

I hate law breaking officers as well... they give a bad name to those who are out to do the job right.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 10:04:41 AM
Author: Smurfyimproved

i just found out that one of the girls who holds my same position in another building within our company is no longer with the company...officially she gave her notice. unofficially, she was given a choice of staying on for 2 more weeks and then getting fired, or giving her notice. in my field, they don''t make you work out a notice...they say ''bubye!''

and i found out another woman, who i am really close with, has a meeting this afternoon with our boss...doesn''t sound promising.

7.gif
32.gif

Yikes charbie, but I bet they are just freeing up other people''s salary so they can give you a big promotion and a raise!
HAHA! luckily, they usually put the writing on the wall in pretty bold print, so i feel like i''m safe.
and its funny you say that, since my other boss (i have 2 i report to) thinks they have this grand plan in place and is wondering if i fit somewhere into it...
6.gif
they are so mysterious, and i guess now only time will tell!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Deco and dragonfly.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 11:29:39 AM
Date: 2/22/2010 10:04:41 AM

7.gif
32.gif

HAHA! luckily, they usually put the writing on the wall in pretty bold print, so i feel like i''m safe.

and its funny you say that, since my other boss (i have 2 i report to) thinks they have this grand plan in place and is wondering if i fit somewhere into it...
6.gif
they are so mysterious, and i guess now only time will tell!

Well there you go!! And when you get that big raise you''ll take us all out for a nice lobster dinner right?
2.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
So today we got another big snowfall in south east MI. I was watching the news at about 6 this morning, looking at school closing after school closing. There were over 120 schools listed already, however my school was not. So, I proceeded to shower, do my hair, make up, etc... I was WALKING OUT THE DOOR when I got a phone call saying that school was closed!
29.gif
At this point I am wide awake, with no hope of going back to sleep. What''s worse, many teachers live far away from school and commute- and they were ALREADY AT SCHOOL when the calls went out!
39.gif

We are a charter school and have to go by what the resident district does (which is Detroit Public Schools) and Detroit didn''t make the call until 6:30!!!

38.gif
Jerks.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
BF completed his last flight in pilot training today! I''m so proud of him. We find out Friday where he''ll be stationed for the next 3-4 years. I am SOOOO nervous!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blah, I need to learn not to take helpful, well meaning, constructive criticism so personally. I think I just get frustrated that just because I''m reserved, people think I''m not interested or enthusiastic
29.gif
I just grew up in a "don''t spoke until spoken to" environment so that''s what I think of as being polite! Sigh.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I originally thought my contract at work would be extended through may...just found out today that all the contractors may be let go THIS Friday. I was preparing for this but the shock is still there. I''m just relieved I''ll be able to collect unemployment.
7.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Why is it snowing balls just north of Houston but skipping Houston? GRRRRRRRRRRR.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I went to bed early last night, and at 10:30pm, FI comes and wakes me up for no reason at all. NONE. I have a hard time falling asleep, and after he woke me up, I was WIDE AWAKE and couldn''t get back to sleep alll night long.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

I wanted to kill him! He KNOWS better!

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 12:41:16 PM
Author: trillionaire
I went to bed early last night, and at 10:30pm, FI comes and wakes me up for no reason at all. NONE. I have a hard time falling asleep, and after he woke me up, I was WIDE AWAKE and couldn''t get back to sleep alll night long.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Omg I hate THIS!!!! This happens to me all the time except he''ll wake me up when he''s talking to the cats lol, it''s like hey hun, they are cats, you don''t need to talk to them at 12am!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 12:46:38 PM

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Omg I hate THIS!!!! This happens to me all the time except he''ll wake me up when he''s talking to the cats lol, it''s like hey hun, they are cats, you don''t need to talk to them at 12am!
I''m a night owl, so his excuse was that I never go to bed that early, so he didn''t think I was asleep. Really, when you saw me in the bed, under the covers with the night fan on, you didn''t think I was sleeping? And he knew full well that I had somewhere to be at 5:45am! What''s worse, he woke me up, stayed up with me for about 30 minutes, then went to sleep. No, passed out. I was LIVID! (lol,I guess I still am! ha!)

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 11:50:38 AM
I originally thought my contract at work would be extended through may...just found out today that all the contractors may be let go THIS Friday. I was preparing for this but the shock is still there. I''m just relieved I''ll be able to collect unemployment.
7.gif

Oh my gosh, Smurfy. This is terrible. I hope your job is safe!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 1:02:54 PM
Author: katamari

7.gif

I was told there''s about a 10% chance I will get to keep working longer, frankly those aren''t very good odds
7.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 1:05:56 PM

7.gif

I was told there''s about a 10% chance I will get to keep working longer, frankly those aren''t very good odds
7.gif
Oh, no! At least you get to collect unemployment. That''s a lifesaver.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 1:07:30 PM
Author: BeachRunner

7.gif

7.gif

I''m really hoping it''s not too complicated to file for, I''ve never done it before
34.gif
33.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
DH did this to me a few weeks ago and I nearly killed him. He got home late from work (like 2 am) and started talking to me. I was DEAD asleep. He fell asleep almost instantly and I tossed and turned until 430. I was angry!!!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 1:14:04 PM

Date: 2/23/2010 1:07:30 PM
Author: BeachRunner

7.gif

7.gif

I''m really hoping it''s not too complicated to file for, I''ve never done it before
34.gif
33.gif
Yeah, me either. Just be prepared to sit and wait, I''m sure.
14.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
So on my way to work this morning, I almost hit a deer and then two minutes down the road, I narrowly missed a rabbit. THEN on my way home this afternoon, I almost hit a dog who was running across the road. What are the odds?

April20

Ideal_Rock

I just got back from taking Pukey McPukerson to the vet. He''s been throwing up off and on since last week, but other than that seems fine. Diagnosis: There''s probably nothing wrong with him. He eats too fast and he might have gotten into something in the yard.

He also lost a pound since last year, which is good, because he''d gained a little too much when he went in for a check up last year.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2010 4:46:44 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
So on my way to work this morning, I almost hit a deer and then two minutes down the road, I narrowly missed a rabbit. THEN on my way home this afternoon, I almost hit a dog who was running across the road. What are the odds?

Gee ZB -- I''m glad you survived you day!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Texas, specifically Houston and Austin, are not hick towns, people! Try Louisiana or Mississippi!
20.gif

You don''t hear people saying, "I went to NY for my cancer treatment"! You know why...it''s cause Houston has an IMPRESSIVE medical district. Austin...is the place to be.

Get over it people who think Texas is somehow inferior to the rest of the country, especially northerners and people in Colorado and California.

End rant.
4.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m in Colorado and I love Texas
2.gif
In fact, I used to live in Lubbock
1.gif

On another more crappier note, we found out for sure that as of this Friday or next Friday for sure we will not have our jobs anymore
7.gif
It''s really depressing but I''m trying really hard not to let it get me down.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 11:32:48 AM
I'm in Colorado and I love Texas
2.gif
In fact, I used to live in Lubbock
1.gif

On another more crappier note, we found out for sure that as of this Friday or next Friday for sure we will not have our jobs anymore
7.gif
It's really depressing but I'm trying really hard not to let it get me down.
Smurfy- I'm sorry to hear this.

Just so you know, you apply for unemployment online. Once you are approved, they will send you a debit card and a sheet telling you how much you have been aprroved for and how long you will be approved to receive those payments. Then they will make deposits into your "account", like direct deposit pay checks, until your approved end date or until you get a new job.

I was required to "send" resumes for at least 3 jobs a week. (This is the same as applying for three jobs on Monster.com per week... not actual interviews)

That is how it works in Texas anyway.

Here is your link for Colorado:
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDLE-UnempBenefits/CDLE/1248095315427

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you meresal! That wouldn''t be too hard for me, I feel like I send out 8 resumes a day lol

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 11:30:26 AM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
Texas, specifically Houston and Austin, are not hick towns, people! Try Louisiana or Mississippi!
20.gif

You don''t hear people saying, ''I went to NY for my cancer treatment''! You know why...it''s cause Houston has an IMPRESSIVE medical district. Austin...is the place to be.

Get over it people who think Texas is somehow inferior to the rest of the country, especially northerners and people in Colorado and California.

End rant.
4.gif
I think every state has a little "hick" in them. I used to live in WV, so you can imagine the stereotypes I got. Oof. I thought the biggest stereotype of TX was that it is a large state; you know, everything is bigger in TX.

I live in CO, and I think all states are equal
2.gif

Smurfy- I''m sorry to hear about your job. You''ll find something soon if you keep looking, I''m sure.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
You should hear the comments I get when people find out I''m originally from Fargo, ND
Ya ya betcha!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 12:09:09 PM
You should hear the comments I get when people find out I''m originally from Fargo, ND
Ya ya betcha!
Like most of our friends we''ve met here are from ND. I forget what town, but it''s not Fargo. Someone said they graduated with 40 other students (high school).
wow.
23.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
they must not be from bismarck or grand forks, maybe minot?
I had 400 in my class so contrary to belief, fargo is a pretty big place :) We have 4 public high schools with large populations along with 2 or 3 private schools

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results