carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Author: princesss
This made me giggle.

M and I were talking about this the other day. We saw a commercial for this, and he turned to me and said, "Who would have thought he'd actually be a decent actor?" We definitely put him in the "heartthrob/all hype" category, but he's got staying power.
Date: 2/19/2010 3:35:56 PM
Author: monarch64
Leo's alright except when he tries to do accents.
No no no. Leo sucks. Period. The only time I can stand him is when he's in an ensemble cast. Robert DeNiro-I'm in. Titanic was a (gasp) worthless movie, and I am probably the only girl that thinks that. At the end I was rooting for him to go down to the bottom of the ocean. That may have been the best Leo movie ever, actually. The only good Leo is a dead Leo (in a movie, I don't actually want him to die). GAWD, I'm terrible.

Having said that, I do think he's a decent guy. I just don't like him as an actor.

I also hate Tom Hanks.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't see Titanic for 8 years after it came out! Not because of Leo or anything, well maybe the Celine Dion theme song drove me insane, but because I usually steer clear of anything mass-merchandised/blockbuster-rated/mega-crowd-drawing. I thought he was pretty good in The Departed, actually. And I didn't mind him in Blood Diamond except for that accent. ETA: I also really liked him in Catch Me if You Can.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 4:15:17 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Titanic was a (gasp) worthless movie, and I am probably the only girl that thinks that.

I''m with you on Titanic. I don''t think Leo was to blame for that disaster, but in my mind he is tainted by the association.
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:22:40 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Date: 2/19/2010 4:15:17 PM
Titanic was a (gasp) worthless movie, and I am probably the only girl that thinks that.
I''m with you on Titanic. I don''t think Leo was to blame for that disaster, but in my mind he is tainted by the association.
2.gif
You have no idea how happy reading this made me! I''ve felt sooooo alone for so long! Yay!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
DiCaprio is a really good actor, and chooses really good movies...AFTER Titanic. I too hated that movie. I was a youn''un when it came out, like 15 and I saw it to see the hype and was instantly disappointed. I was not a fan of his for that movie and his then heart throb status, but I am now.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:20:43 PM
I didn''t see Titanic for 8 years after it came out! Not because of Leo or anything, well maybe the Celine Dion theme song drove me insane, but because I usually steer clear of anything mass-merchandised/blockbuster-rated/mega-crowd-drawing. I thought he was pretty good in The Departed, actually. And I didn''t mind him in Blood Diamond except for that accent. ETA: I also really liked him in Catch Me if You Can.

I loved him in both of those movies. I wasn''t allowed to see Titanic when it came out because it was PG-13 and I was in 5th grade. I saw it years later and couldn''t understand the hype. Revolutionary Road was a great, but depressing movie. If you haven''t seen What''s Eating Gilbert Grape you are missing out on an excellent movie. I don''t think Leo is very hunky anymore, but I do think he''s a great actor.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t see Titanic for 8 years after it came out! Not because of Leo or anything, well maybe the Celine Dion theme song drove me insane, but because I usually steer clear of anything mass-merchandised/blockbuster-rated/mega-crowd-drawing. I thought he was pretty good in The Departed, actually. And I didn''t mind him in Blood Diamond except for that accent. ETA: I also really liked him in Catch Me if You Can.
I did like The Departed. But...there was so much else going on, it was easy to ignore the Leo.

That accent in Blood Diamond was JUST BAD.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
That''s the movie that sold me on him. I really enjoyed it. I haven''t seen too many of his movies, actually, but other than The Beach (awful) and Titanic (waste of time) I''ve liked what I''ve seen.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:27:47 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
DiCaprio is a really good actor, and chooses really good movies...AFTER Titanic. I too hated that movie. I was a youn''un when it came out, like 15 and I saw it to see the hype and was instantly disappointed. I was not a fan of his for that movie and his then heart throb status, but I am now.
Too funny! My dad was always like, "You already know what happens at the end. Why would you want to go see it?"

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now see, I love Kevin Spacey. LOVE
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
LOVE Kevin Spacey.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Best actor around IMHO.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 4:28:44 PM
Author: OUpeargirl

I loved him in both of those movies. I wasn''t allowed to see Titanic when it came out because it was PG-13 and I was in 5th grade. I saw it years later and couldn''t understand the hype. Revolutionary Road was a great, but depressing movie. If you haven''t seen What''s Eating Gilbert Grape you are missing out on an excellent movie. I don''t think Leo is very hunky anymore, but I do think he''s a great actor.
It was the dramatic implied sex scene in the car. You know, when the scene fades out and you see a hot, naked hand outstretched against the steamed-up glass? Then the hand haltingly slides down the steamy glass. So. Dramatic. Hahahahaha!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 4:33:19 PM
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
LOVE Kevin Spacey.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Best actor around IMHO.
That man is CREEPTASTIC. American Beauty? Gross. Pay it Forward? Gross. I can''t stand him! LOL

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:36:18 PM

30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
LOVE Kevin Spacey.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Best actor around IMHO.
That man is CREEPTASTIC. American Beauty? Gross. Pay it Forward? Gross. I can''t stand him! LOL
Umm, Monnie, I''m not sure we can be friends anymore.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:35:27 PM
It was the dramatic implied sex scene in the car. You know, when the scene fades out and you see a hot, naked hand outstretched against the steamed-up glass? Then the hand haltingly slides down the steamy glass. So. Dramatic. Hahahahaha!
You know, what''s interesting, is that I have this intense hatred for Leo as an actor, but I really like Kate Winslet. Titanic didn''t cloud my opinion of her at all...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:35:27 PM

Along with the quivering "I''ll never let go, Jack, I''ll never let go." Honestly, Titanic turned me off of Kate Winslet more than it did Leo. She is now one of my favorite actresses, but I thought she was terrrrrrrrible in it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:38:36 PM
Along with the quivering ''I''ll never let go, Jack, I''ll never let go.'' Honestly, Titanic turned me off of Kate Winslet more than it did Leo. She is now one of my favorite actresses, but I thought she was terrrrrrrrible in it!
Tee hee. And then she let go. Hahahahahaha!!!!

Ok, so, what''s your fave Kate movie then? Mine is The Holiday.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What was the movie Leo was in with Rober DeNiro, it was set in a small town in PA, Concrete... He was really good in that movie. One of his earlier works..

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love The Holiday!!!!!! That is a fantastic chick flick!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:42:48 PM
Loved it too.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:37:38 PM
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
LOVE Kevin Spacey.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Best actor around IMHO.
WHOA. Ditto princesss.

He got paid to be creepy dangit! Have you seen "The Life of David Gale"?

Hmmm...speaking of, that has Kevin and Kate. Interesting.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 4:43:56 PM

Date: 2/19/2010 4:37:38 PM

30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
LOVE Kevin Spacey.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Best actor around IMHO.
WHOA. Ditto princesss.

He got paid to be creepy dangit! Have you seen ''The Life of David Gale''?

Hmmm...speaking of, that has Kevin and Kate. Interesting.
American Beauty is a great movie. Kevin Spacey is creepy, though!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:40:12 PM

Along with the quivering ''I''ll never let go, Jack, I''ll never let go.'' Honestly, Titanic turned me off of Kate Winslet more than it did Leo. She is now one of my favorite actresses, but I thought she was terrrrrrrrible in it!

Where to start? I love The Holiday, The Reader, Revolutionary Road, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and Finding Neverland. Finding Neverland was such a different, interesting movie.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:45:57 PM
It is my all time favorite movie. My mom saw it and was totally disgusted. I was banned from having any copies of it in my house. I had to hide the three I already had...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:47:06 PM

It is my all time favorite movie. My mom saw it and was totally disgusted. I was banned from having any copies of it in my house. I had to hide the three I already had...
I saw it on a plane when I was 15, and was totally blown away. I could watch that movie all day long!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hahahaha! That sounds like Pulp Fiction for me. My parents got up and walked out of the theater when the gimp scene began. I love that movie, of course, and they thought it was disturbing in the worst way.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:43:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 2/19/2010 4:42:48 PM

Loved it too.

The scene with Jack Black in the movie store slightly ruined one of my favorite of all time movies though, Gone With the Wind. He''s singing the song and then to the tune says "Am IIIIII embarrrassssinnnggg youuuu." Well, if you''ve seen GWTW, they play that song ever 2 seconds. And the entire time I watched it after seeing The Holiday I could hear Jack Black singing! Hahah!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I personally don''t like kate winslett OR kevin spacey
23.gif

but my most hated actress of all time has to be angelina jolie, ew ew ew

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:46:46 PM
Date: 2/19/2010 4:40:12 PM

Where to start? I love The Holiday, The Reader, Revolutionary Road, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and Finding Neverland. Finding Neverland was such a different, interesting movie.
Finding Neverland was so very different from what I was expecting. Johnny and the kid, and Kate all did an excellent job in that. Dang, now I want to watch it again...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:49:06 PM
Hahahaha! That sounds like Pulp Fiction for me. My parents got up and walked out of the theater when the gimp scene began. I love that movie, of course, and they thought it was disturbing in the worst way.
Hahahaha!!!!!! We have sheltered parents Monnie!

What's funny is that I bet my dad would see American Beauty and go "So? I see this stuff everyday at work!" Because he's seen some messed up stuff in that office of his...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dig Kevin Spacey and I thought American Beauty rocked!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results