shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1290484967|2776161 said:
Did you ever get the urge to jump in the car and start driving...and never stop? I really feel like doing that right now, just driving for the rest of my life. But I know I'd feel guilty and turn around, and then I'd have to explain to everyone what I had done, and everyone would think I was crazy. And I guess they would be right. But I really don't want to be here right now.

yup.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1290656414|2778825 said:
I made peanut butter bread and it's AWESOME.

Ohhhh, that sounds delicious! Please share the recipe...I never heard of PB bread but those are 2 of my favorite things :lickout:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
missy|1290689970|2778979 said:
dragonfly411|1290656414|2778825 said:
I made peanut butter bread and it's AWESOME.

Ohhhh, that sounds delicious! Please share the recipe...I never heard of PB bread but those are 2 of my favorite things :lickout:
Oh, that sounds superb!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the positive thoughts and hugs! She is coming off the breathing machine today (not a vent, but something that's been helping her), the fluid is coming off her lungs, and this morning we got the results from her EKG that there was NO damage to her heart, which was the biggest thing we were worried about. Crazy how 24 hrs ago we were told we should probably say goodbye, and now the doctors say chances are improving for her to make it out of this. Feelings really blessed and thankful this Thanksgiving :halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
charbie|1290619656|2778205 said:
I don't have the chance to thank everyone right now, but the prayers are working! She at least is a bit more stable. Its still very touch and go, and we aren't holding out for a miracle right now, but she is responding well and alert. She will not go without a fight, ill tll you that! When the priest came in, she got pretty aggitated and did not want him there...she is NOT ready to go yet.

Hi Charbie,
I am just reading this and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I am hoping for the best possible outcome for your grandmother.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
charbie|1290692494|2779002 said:
Thanks for the positive thoughts and hugs! She is coming off the breathing machine today (not a vent, but something that's been helping her), the fluid is coming off her lungs, and this morning we got the results from her EKG that there was NO damage to her heart, which was the biggest thing we were worried about. Crazy how 24 hrs ago we were told we should probably say goodbye, and now the doctors say chances are improving for her to make it out of this. Feelings really blessed and thankful this Thanksgiving :halo:

Yay!!!!!!! That is marvelous news Charbie!!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's fantastic news charbie! Have a VERY happy Thanksgiving!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's great news Charbie!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely something to be thankful for Charbie, that's wonderful!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Charbie: Thanks for posting an update. I am really glad that she is a little better. Have a wonderful thanksgiving!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm enjoying a big slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream topping - for breakfast! (One of the bennies of being single!)

Have a wonderful thanksgiving, everyone!

Charbie - hugs and best wishes to you and your family.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Cehrabehra|1290606820|2778007 said:
Autumnovember|1290561072|2777410 said:
When I get angry, I rarely let it get out of control.

Just now my dad pushed a specific button that should never be pushed and I nailed the wall.

My hand is black and blue. Awesome.
... but is the RING okay?

(sorry had to - hope your hand feels better soon!)

Hahahahhaa, the ring is fine because I hit the wall with my right hand. I have some explaining to do when SO gets here and sees my hand, whoops. I'm sure he'll think he is marrying a psycho.

My birthday was the next day (yesterday) and my dad decided the best way to get me to talk to him again was to fart in front of me (he NEVER farts). This is not the first time he used this tactic, hearing him fart makes me laugh. We're so messed up.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1290605889|2777995 said:
Haven|1290572595|2777719 said:
packrat|1290571468|2777668 said:
So..just to be clear, needs must I put away this here long pointy stick I was going to use to poke you repeatedly in the buttocks?
I have no idea what this is in reference to, but I want to put this post on a button.

Oops, I wanted to make AN smile and give her a little tease after she posted about her hand. :rodent:

Will be thinking of you SDL!

You did make me laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say, hahahahah! :D

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
So..just to be clear, needs must I put away this here long pointy stick I was going to use to poke you repeatedly in the buttocks?
I have no idea what this is in reference to, but I want to put this post on a button.

Oops, I wanted to make AN smile and give her a little tease after she posted about her hand. :rodent:

You did make me laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say, hahahahah! :D

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1290709723|2779212 said:

I need to remember the quote button is there for a reason! Glad it made you laugh tho, and made others laugh too!

We've got a couple holes in the walls from myself..once I got mad b/c the remote wouldn't work and threw it across the room, resulting in a hole. I'll never live it down either-JD's the one who is normally the temper person.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Oooh anybody see the fancy format/edit box for posting. Fancy Schmancy.

On to business....Well. The past 7 days have been awful.....BUT.....I just bought something (x2). :naughty: And I'm not gonna tell you! I will post pics when they arrive but I will give a lickle hinty winty: I'm tickled pink. Teeeee heeee

***scampers off***

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steal|1290780325|2779627 said:
Oooh anybody see the fancy format/edit box for posting. Fancy Schmancy.

On to business....Well. The past 7 days have been awful.....BUT.....I just bought something (x2). :naughty: And I'm not gonna tell you! I will post pics when they arrive but I will give a lickle hinty winty: I'm tickled pink. Teeeee heeee

***scampers off***

*shakes fist menacingly* Dost be mean! Mean I say!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
YAY Steal! I can't wait to see.

I'm working from home today. And by "home" I mean "my friend's family's house in the mountains". The view from where I'm working today is SOOOOOO much better than my view from work, I can't even begin to describe it.

Also, I really can't believe how relaxing it is to be around other TCKs (third culture kids - people that grew up in multiple countries/outside their "home" country/culture). There are 4 of us here and even though the list of countries we grew up in is completely different (with a little overlap), we have so much in common and it's SUCH a relief to be able to talk about our lives without editing or worrying about people thinking we're snobs. It's so hard to talk about our lives with most people that we've been almost giddy at being able to just be ourselves. I was worried that Thanksgiving would be tough because I always spent it with my ex and his family, but honestly this is possibly the best Thanksgiving I've had since leaving for college. I loved being around the ex's family, but I think this may be the first time I've felt totally normal in the US (and it's only taken 6.5 years for that to happen...).

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I hope everyone had a fab Thanksgiving!

BF and I spent it together alone, our first Thanksgiving. It was SO great, we had a wonderful time, and I was incredibly pleased at how well everything turned out. This was my first time making Thanksgiving dinner stuff by myself and I was a little worried it wouldn't turn out very well, but my worries were for naught. Everything was perfect, and it was a perfect day. :praise:

It's pretty good, too, because on Wednesday night I wasn't sure our Thanksgiving was going to happen. We got into a pretty huge argument that almost spun out of complete control and had me seriously thinking I was going to spend Thanksgiving newly single.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I had a friend that was leaving today for the holiday with his family today- so yesterday (being that mine was 16hrs away) we decided to pass up on all the friends family invites and head to the movies. It was great. We picked up a 12 pack of our favorite holiday beer and sneaky us, put it in my HUGE purse. We enjoyed Harry Potter and a bunch of Shiner Cheer and popcorn. :)

Although, I did miss my family and leftovers, it was a nice day.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Strawder- That sounds like fun, even if it wasn't a traditional Thanksgiving! BF and I contemplated going out to see a movie after eating, but then after we actually ate we realized we were too stuffed and had no more energy to do anything other than lay on the couch. We were pretty useless once our bellies were full!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
star sparkle|1290796987|2779823 said:
Strawder- That sounds like fun, even if it wasn't a traditional Thanksgiving! BF and I contemplated going out to see a movie after eating, but then after we actually ate we realized we were too stuffed and had no more energy to do anything other than lay on the couch. We were pretty useless once our bellies were full!

We went to this restaurant that is a steak house down from my house- it was pretty good but I was already SO full from beer and popcorn that I literally had like 2 bites. I laid on the floor when I got home for the better part of an hour before finally dragging myself up to take the poor dog out. LOL, I haven't been that full in years.

Sometimes the 'off' holidays are the best, but only when they happen very, very rarely.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a bite-guard (sexy!) at night because I grind my teeth. It's been working well, except I realized today I am so frickin' stressed out, I'm grinding them during the day.

Also, would anyone want two slightly aromatic two-year-olds?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
jas - Pine fresh or new car?

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Poopourri

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Dangit. I'm in the market for something pine fresh. Good luck, though!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
princesss|1290806650|2779896 said:

The good luck wishes have me laughing.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
jas|1290806932|2779902 said:
princesss|1290806650|2779896 said:

The good luck wishes have me laughing.

:bigsmile:

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
I don't understand how someone can start so many threads about a single purchase. Sheesh, just friggin pick already.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
DHs grandma is now walking and talking :)
Thanks to you all for the well wishes. I cannot begin to describe how it helped, and I'm simply amazed that she's here right now, to be quite honest. Shes got a lot more life in her I guess :)
And yes, steal, she's quite a fiesty one. I work in geratrics...I like the fiesty ones as well.

We r watching Up right now....what a great movie! I love Dug...I swear my dog Charlie would sound like him if he talked.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results