shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411|1290536411|2776857 said:
Right now I'm a little steamed. As you may remember last year we had a gun stolen. We reported it and heard NOTHING back about it from the police department. Today I read an article about one of the police officers' guns having been stolen from his home, and a reward being offered!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR REAL???????????? :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: Ours cost more too.

Not to minimize you being upset about it or anything, because you have every right to feel that way, but it's a bit of a different situation. I'm in law enforcement myself and if my gun gets stolen and that person uses my gun to commit a crime, *I* am liable for that. If that person shoots someone with MY gun, it's MY fault. You can see, therefore, why it's more of a priority for a law enforcement officer to get his/her firearm back ASAP than if it's a private citizen. A private citizen won't be held liable for a weapon stolen from them and used later as a tool in a crime.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Steal and DF411- you might laugh but it has taken me so long to get back to your post- not for lack of trying- mainly for being so HIGH on caffeine that I couldn't focus long enough to finish a thought.... :lol:

I just added some chocolate to the mix, I guess I am a gluten for punishment.... :bigsmile:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to pop in and say hello :wavey:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I want to go home and curl up in bed and have somebody bring me rice with a little bit of curry sauce and ginger tea. I hate being sick.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1290537054|2776881 said:
dragonfly411|1290536411|2776857 said:
Right now I'm a little steamed. As you may remember last year we had a gun stolen. We reported it and heard NOTHING back about it from the police department. Today I read an article about one of the police officers' guns having been stolen from his home, and a reward being offered!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR REAL???????????? :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: Ours cost more too.

Not to minimize you being upset about it or anything, because you have every right to feel that way, but it's a bit of a different situation. I'm in law enforcement myself and if my gun gets stolen and that person uses my gun to commit a crime, *I* am liable for that. If that person shoots someone with MY gun, it's MY fault. You can see, therefore, why it's more of a priority for a law enforcement officer to get his/her firearm back ASAP than if it's a private citizen. A private citizen won't be held liable for a weapon stolen from them and used later as a tool in a crime.

Starsparkle - I do understand that. It just sucks being on the opposite end when they said for 6 months "oh we're looking into that.... oh we'll check... oh....."

Hello Random Thought!!!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411|1290540778|2776981 said:
Starsparkle - I do understand that. It just sucks being on the opposite end when they said for 6 months "oh we're looking into that.... oh we'll check... oh....."

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm not with a local police department so I can't say what goes into their investigations and can't comment on that, but I'm sure it must totally suck.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1290541022|2776990 said:
dragonfly411|1290540778|2776981 said:

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm not with a local police department so I can't say what goes into their investigations and can't comment on that, but I'm sure it must totally suck.

Our county department is actually much better to work with. They actually came out and helped clean up trash someone dumped on my family's road!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady|1290542349|2777009 said:
Wasting the day.. 8) Daydreaming about buying our forever house & decorating it.. ♥ I suppose I should really be cleaning... :tongue:

Don't.
It is overrated. I spent the day scrubbing and cleaning things that probably were never meant to be cleaned - just to keep busy and it was crap. Sure stuff is clean but who cares! Tell me about your day dream....

Renee: Mmmmh chocolate :lickout: .

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Steal|1290542798|2777020 said:
Wasting the day.. 8) Daydreaming about buying our forever house & decorating it.. ♥ I suppose I should really be cleaning... :tongue:

Don't.
It is overrated. I spent the day scrubbing and cleaning things that probably were never meant to be cleaned - just to keep busy and it was crap. Sure stuff is clean but who cares! Tell me about your day dream....

Steal- I would offer to share...but I have eaten all of it...and it is all over me. Good lawd. I am a mess.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
SDL - The article only said that the police department was offering a reward for a valuable rifle taken from a police officer's home. It didn't say if it was personally owned or not, although we are a smaller town and I'm not sure I've heard of the LOCAL officers carrying rifles, so I'm not sure.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1290542942|2777022 said:

Don't.

Steal- I would offer to share...but I have eaten all of it...and it is all over me. Good lawd. I am a mess.

Should I be thinking kinky :naughty: or clean yourself up woman :-o ?

April20

Ideal_Rock
April20|1290516808|2776574 said:
The police called at 10:15 last night to say they found my stolen car (gone three weeks). And the damage is "considerable". I guess I'll find out today if I'm happy or sad they found my car.

I saw it. I don't want it back. But I think they're gonna make me take it. Not enough damage to total it.

ALL of my personal belonging were gone with the exception of- drumroll please- my 3rd grade class picture. That's right folks, I travel around with a 25 year old photo.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
April - Weren't there library books involved? Those were gone too?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
April20|1290543276|2777031 said:
The police called at 10:15 last night to say they found my stolen car (gone three weeks). And the damage is "considerable". I guess I'll find out today if I'm happy or sad they found my car.

I saw it. I don't want it back. But I think they're gonna make me take it. Not enough damage to total it.

ALL of my personal belonging were gone with the exception of- drumroll please- my 3rd grade class picture. That's right folks, I travel around with a 25 year old photo.

Hire an independent assessor. It won't cost much and their report (covering every nick and possible mechanical issue) will have that car written off in a second.

I suppose it would have been worse if they had taken the photo :???: .

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we need more drama threads... :appl:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1290543823|2777040 said:
we need more drama threads... :appl:

What do you have in mind?

April20

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1290543423|2777034 said:

There were library books. The two hard back books were gone. The audio book was there. And I paid for all three books last week! So I guess I now own an audio copy of S is for Silence by Sue Grafton.

They had put a Carmax temporary tag on the car. My licence plate is gone. The registration is gone too. DH had some keys in the car, one of which was the house key. Given that they were car thief saavy enough to change out the plate, we think they may have tried the house. Thank goodness we re-keyed the locks immediately.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Steal|1290543529|2777035 said:
April20|1290543276|2777031 said:

Hire an independent assessor. It won't cost much and their report (covering every nick and possible mechanical issue) will have that car written off in a second.

I suppose it would have been worse if they had taken the photo :???: .

I didn't think of an independent assessor. I'll have DH look into that.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
April20|1290544504|2777054 said:
dragonfly411|1290543423|2777034 said:

There were library books. The two hard back books were gone. The audio book was there. And I paid for all three books last week! So I guess I now own an audio copy of S is for Silence by Sue Grafton.

They had put a Carmax temporary tag on the car. My licence plate is gone. The registration is gone too. DH had some keys in the car, one of which was the house key. Given that they were car thief saavy enough to change out the plate, we think they may have tried the house. Thank goodness we re-keyed the locks immediately.

:o Well done for getting the locks changed. Creepy!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Researching Christmas presents for the kids. And London's birthday presents are going to be late b/c we've been busy w/my brother's house. I've spent hours on Etsy and Ebay. Gawd I think I need help. I take notes. I am obsessive.

Renee, how does one go about becoming a gluten for punishment?

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Steal|1290543218|2777030 said:

Don't.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Love this. Well, I mean it is more of the literal sense, being that I found bits on my desk, in my chair and various other places in my office....But? Perhaps, having a hunky man who could help me clean it up wouldn't be SUCH a bad thing... :naughty:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady|1290544973|2777067 said:
Wasting the day.. 8) Daydreaming about buying our forever house & decorating it.. ♥ I suppose I should really be cleaning... :tongue: [/color]

Don't.

Dreaming of a forever house preferably with an enormous Pennquaker size eat in kitchen with brilliant natural light & skylights (gas stove & stainless appliances, pretty please?!) with a family room just off the side that also has a fireplace.. The kitchen is the heart of my house & I miss entertaining friends & family. I want my house to have oval topped doors throughout... something I saw in a model house about 9 years ago and fell in love with the charm of them. I want a master bedroom that isn't filled with historic cr*p, I want it to be a retreat, which it is NOT currently lol.. I also want hubby to have his own office sort of 1920s/1930s style with built ins & wood panelling & ceiling :rolleyes: to get rid of said historic cr*p from the bedroom and to display his wonderful police memorabilia.. *tee* (A man room!) I want a tub.. a huge soaking tub.. I miss having luxurious baths with candles & a good book & glass of wine. LOVE! I'd like a yard, with a garden.. and a bbq area.. a place for outside entertaining.. I'd like my entry to have double doors with etched or stained glass.. with a rounded inlaid entry foyer.. I am hoping for a formal living & dining area.. for family holidays.. I would love built ins.. I wouldn't mind a ranch style house.. I'd love it (for when we get old... no stairs). I would love to have three or four bedrooms and three baths for when the kids come to visit. :)) I wouldn't at all mind a separate casita for that use.

Oooh. It is like I'm there...

It all sounds amazing but I really love the idea of the curved shaped doors. Fancy! (sigh!)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1290546132|2777093 said:
Steal|1290543218|2777030 said:

Don't.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Love this. Well, I mean it is more of the literal sense, being that I found bits on my desk, in my chair and various other places in my office....But? Perhaps, having a hunky man who could help me clean it up wouldn't be SUCH a bad thing... :naughty:

Or perhaps, if you are a very v.e.r.y good girly Santa will bring you one of those mini desk vacuums that you plug into the USB port. Practical and reliable :cheeky:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
SDL: I love them. This is why I love the American architecture and design. I took so much inspiration from American TV programmes and (believe it or not) American real estate (for sale) sites when I was designing because I think it is done so well over there. These doors are amazing and they lend such design to the room. Great taste SDL. :wink2:

Do you really think you will move in the future?

I hear you on the one level living - we built this house so that the house is complete on the ground floor, we never have to go upstairs once we are too old for the stairs and all the showers are wheelchair accessible. Gotta plan ahead!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
SDL: So the in-laws will move into your house and you get to find your forever home? Wow, that sounds like a wonderful adventure and milestone for 2011. The very best of luck. I suppose the heat is going to be on to find said dream home. :appl:

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Steal- didn't you know that practical is over-rated? BWAHAHAHAHHA...at least in this sense.

OMG, I should ask for a helmet and bib, as well. :lol:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady|1290549526|2777172 said:
Steal|1290549280|2777164 said:
SDL: So the in-laws will move into your house and you get to find your forever home? Wow, that sounds like a wonderful adventure and milestone for 2011. The very best of luck. I suppose the heat is going to be on to find said dream home. :appl:

If it should come down to not finding said dream home & we can do it, we'll build. :naughty: I really can't wait to see it come to fruition. Over any material thing in the world, I want this most of all. ::)

Having (almost) come out the other end of building I can say it is worth it - only if you have the $$$ to pay somebody else to worry about it. That is where we went wrong.

Is there building lots/sites available in an area you want?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1290550659|2777189 said:
Steal- didn't you know that practical is over-rated? BWAHAHAHAHHA...at least in this sense.

Well, if you can find a hunky man that knows how to use the vacuum cleaner I want one of them in my stocking(s :devil: ) too!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Steal|1290550872|2777195 said:
Strawdermangrl|1290550659|2777189 said:

Well, if you can find a hunky man that knows how to use the vacuum cleaner I want one of them in my stocking(s :devil: ) too!

Thanks, Steal. Now I have to clean up this water that I spit all over my monitor. :angryfire:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Princesss: :bigsmile:

SanDiegoLady|1290551952|2777214 said:
It really depends on some up & coming possibilities.. we'll have to evaluate that depending on that. I'll have to be vague for now.. lol I'm saying prayers for a positive outcome. If not, we'll have to find a house & re-design inside.. which I don't want to do. So.. we'll see. :)) I'm not a fan of driving an enormous distance to get to work ;)) !![/color]

Ok. Mum's the word. Or should I say gigantic EC diamond in slightly fugly setting is the word? :naughty:

Fingers crossed that 2011 allows all your ducks to line up in a neat little row!

Edit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results