shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Woahhhh new posting format. Sweet.

Steal - I agree, though I'm treading lightly for now. It's thin ice for me.

I watched up after seeing your post packrat and I cried like a little baby the entire time. Especially when he went through her adventure book towards the end (trying not to spoil). I was just bawling. ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHEW!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Is over dating.

Carry on.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm wondering if it's totally inappropriate for me to be hanging out with this guy I used to be really good friends with in college. Prior to this past Friday I hadn't seen him since undergrad, which was over 5 years ago. We'd kept in very sporadic, limited touch since then (a text every 6 months or so, at the most) but had been talking about getting together and hanging out for the last 5 months or so. It finally happened on Friday night, and it was great!

So the part I'm wondering about stems from the fact that this guy and I kinda had a little fling when we first met in my sophomore year, his senior year. It wasn't anything serious and didn't go beyond making out and the stuff that comes in that territory (ie, we never slept together), and after a couple months we stopped that stuff and were just super good friends during the remainder of that year. He graduated at the end of that year, but I saw him often throughout my remaining 2 years there because he'd come visit me and other friends to hang out.

I've told BF about this guy and our "history," if you can even call it that, and he seems not to be bothered by it. I hung out with the friend Friday night and again last night, and told BF before each who I was seeing and what I was doing. His response each time was "ok, have fun!"

I really like this friend (just as a friend), and it's so nice having him back as a friend again after so long. At the same time, I don't think I'd be comfortable with this situation if mine and BF's roles were reversed. That makes me a hypocrite, I know, but he's cool with it. This is probably just me over-analyzing the situation, which BF accuses me of a lot, and I'm fussing over something that shouldn't be fussed over.

Thoughts?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1291056066|2781883 said:
I'm wondering if it's totally inappropriate for me to be hanging out with this guy I used to be really good friends with in college. Prior to this past Friday I hadn't seen him since undergrad, which was over 5 years ago. We'd kept in very sporadic, limited touch since then (a text every 6 months or so, at the most) but had been talking about getting together and hanging out for the last 5 months or so. It finally happened on Friday night, and it was great!

So the part I'm wondering about stems from the fact that this guy and I kinda had a little fling when we first met in my sophomore year, his senior year. It wasn't anything serious and didn't go beyond making out and the stuff that comes in that territory (ie, we never slept together), and after a couple months we stopped that stuff and were just super good friends during the remainder of that year. He graduated at the end of that year, but I saw him often throughout my remaining 2 years there because he'd come visit me and other friends to hang out.

I've told BF about this guy and our "history," if you can even call it that, and he seems not to be bothered by it. I hung out with the friend Friday night and again last night, and told BF before each who I was seeing and what I was doing. His response each time was "ok, have fun!"

I really like this friend (just as a friend), and it's so nice having him back as a friend again after so long. At the same time, I don't think I'd be comfortable with this situation if mine and BF's roles were reversed. That makes me a hypocrite, I know, but he's cool with it. This is probably just me over-analyzing the situation, which BF accuses me of a lot, and I'm fussing over something that shouldn't be fussed over.

Thoughts?

Is it possible that you think it is inappropriate, you think your BF should think it inappropriate and you want your BF to think it inappropriate?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1291054863|2781868 said:
Is over dating.
Carry on.

Well cut back then :wink2: .

(Hahhahahah the colour works!)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I want to get a short fat shaggy pony with an attitude. I want to name him gremlin.

That is all.

Berryluv

Rough_Rock
Work sucks at the moment. Waiting to hear if we are being shut down.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Steal|1291056984|2781892 said:
Is it possible that you think it is inappropriate, you think your BF should think it inappropriate and you want your BF to think it inappropriate?

Yes, entirely possible. What does that say about me?

April20

Ideal_Rock
I'm sitting in the lounge at the airport and the woman across from me has her cell phone ON SPEAKER and is having a full blown conversation. I'm sorry, but this is rude. It's loud and no one needs or wants to hear this ENTIRE conversation.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Berryluv|1291059946|2781945 said:
Work sucks at the moment. Waiting to hear if we are being shut down.

Dust and hugs, let us know how it turns out.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Steal|1291057212|2781897 said:
Strawdermangrl|1291054863|2781868 said:
Is over dating.
Carry on.

Well cut back then :wink2: .

(Hahhahahah the colour works!)

No more. I am done. LOL, perhaps Australia has something better in store for me...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Strawder - I see a fling coming on, with a hot Australian man... perhaps he'll ride a horse like the man from Snowy River :naughty: :naughty:

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I hate group projects and, even worse, group presentations. Why do some people think that means they can just sit back and let everyone else do the work?

Also.. my father called me and screamed at me yesterday because DH and I are going to Cancun in January. He says there's too much crime there and I'm stupid for going, and now he's decided to bombard my husband's work email inbox with articles about drug crime and violence in Mexico. He doesn't realize all the articles refer to Acapulco (which is 1200 miles away from Cancun) and he continues to yell at me and order me to cancel our trip. I know he's doing it because he's worried and he cares about me, but it really makes me feel like he thinks im 12 years old and he can just order me around. And now I'm having trouble looking forward to this desperately-needed vacation with my husband because it's just causing so much stress right now.
:(sad

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got two holiday catalogs today. Amazing.

Back in the day (perhaps I'm posting this in the wrong thread :wink2:) holiday catalogs would start arriving as early as August or Septembers, with dire warnings to "allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery."

It's easier than ever before to be a procrastinator!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
dragonfly411|1291063650|2782009 said:
Strawder - I see a fling coming on, with a hot Australian man... perhaps he'll ride a horse like the man from Snowy River :naughty: :naughty:

One can hope. ;-)

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed this friday and I'm so soo sooo scared, I've never had a surgery before and have never been put under general anaesthesia ;(

Steel

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1291060424|2781955 said:
Steal|1291056984|2781892 said:

Yes, entirely possible. What does that say about me?

Perhaps you would like to know that your BF cares enough about you that he would be a)jealous or b) concerned about you being tempted by or tempting another man. You want to know where you stand in your relationship.

:))

When really it sounds like you maybe have a nice BF there. Perhaps he doesn't care enough to care or perhaps he trusts you or perhaps he is too insecure to challenge you on it. But I bet you know which it is.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Glitz: You will be fine. Be sure to treat yourself to an extra nice dinner the night before.

VRB: Yup - cutting it fine with the delivery dates me thinks.... Doesn't really matter to me as I never buy from the suggested lists - I like to think of myself as a maverick. Well the kind that doesn't have to stand on a box ( ;)) KWIM?) But really I am just a spendthrift, and I like to look at the pretty pictures.

Strawdermangrl|1291067237|2782050 said:

One can hope. ;-)

Oooh. Sounds...er. :naughty: Can I ask what are we describing here..... (getting mind out of gutter)

DH & I went to Marks & Spencer for my annual buy booze and christmas cake trip. And OMG M&S sell non-M&S branded goods. I felt dirty. I could have bought Heinz beans, Marmite, hula hoops and a twix. :nono: For shame M&S. For shame....

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Listening to Gary Allan - melting.... or possibly crumbling... not sure which.

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Steal|1291070357|2782097 said:
Glitz: You will be fine. Be sure to treat yourself to an extra nice dinner the night before.

Thanks! I'm secretly hoping my liquid diet post wisdom teeth will help me shed a few pounds :wink2: ... still scared as heck though.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Glitz|1291071512|2782115 said:
Steal|1291070357|2782097 said:

Thanks! I'm secretly hoping my liquid diet post wisdom teeth will help me shed a few pounds :wink2: ... still scared as heck though.

You probably will - the problem is keeping them off once you can scoff a whole box of chocolates again. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

One can hope. ;-)

Oooh. Sounds...er. :naughty: Can I ask what are we describing here..... (getting mind out of gutter) [/quote]

Well....I mean, aside from making this out to be a bad take on a harlequin romance novel, Strawder is a damsel in distress and Hot Aussie Cowboy is Knight in shining armor....swoon. LOL. Maybe....or maybe he will just be a nice guy, in the right place, at the right time and with a job that is taking him to Texas. 8)

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Glitz|1291068724|2782074 said:
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed this friday and I'm so soo sooo scared, I've never had a surgery before and have never been put under general anaesthesia ;(

Glitz- I had my first big surgery a few months back and was PETRIFIED of the same thing. It was nothing to be scared of. They gave me a push of a drug before they wheeled me in, made me feel like I had a few drinks. Just chill, and calm. Then they got me in the surgery and I don't even remember counting backwards. Next thing I knew? I was awake and in recovery. Trust me when I say, the waiting for it is the worst part but you are going to be fine and you are going to love how quickly it all goes by. Speedy recovery, please let us know how it all goes. :)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1291072117|2782131 said:

One can hope. ;-)

Oooh. Sounds...er. :naughty: Can I ask what are we describing here..... (getting mind out of gutter)

Well....I mean, aside from making this out to be a bad take on a harlequin romance novel, Strawder is a damsel in distress and Hot Aussie Cowboy is Knight in shining armor....swoon. LOL. Maybe....or maybe he will just be a nice guy, in the right place, at the right time and with a job that is taking him to Texas. 8)[/quote]

Funny, I imagined you as a long time married lady. Glad you might have found a dashing young man to while away the house with; tell us more when there is more to tell......

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1291072237|2782134 said:
Glitz|1291068724|2782074 said:

Glitz- I had my first big surgery a few months back and was PETRIFIED of the same thing. It was nothing to be scared of. They gave me a push of a drug before they wheeled me in, made me feel like I had a few drinks. Just chill, and calm. Then they got me in the surgery and I don't even remember counting backwards. Next thing I knew? I was awake and in recovery. Trust me when I say, the waiting for it is the worst part but you are going to be fine and you are going to love how quickly it all goes by. Speedy recovery, please let us know how it all goes. :)

I really hope they give me the stuff that feels like I've had a few drinks. I've been putting this off for about 2 years and my boyfriend said enough is enough and to just make the appointment and not cancel it. I guess I should stop googling "general anesthesia mortality", I'm just freaking myself out even more. I will for sure come back and let you all know I survived. Thanks for telling me the waiting for it is the hardest part, that has actually made me feel better already.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Steal|1291072801|2782146 said:

One can hope. ;-)

Well....I mean, aside from making this out to be a bad take on a harlequin romance novel, Strawder is a damsel in distress and Hot Aussie Cowboy is Knight in shining armor....swoon. LOL. Maybe....or maybe he will just be a nice guy, in the right place, at the right time and with a job that is taking him to Texas. 8)

Funny, I imagined you as a long time married lady. Glad you might have found a dashing young man to while away the house with; tell us more when there is more to tell......[/quote]

LOL, long time married, not so much. 28, single and on the prowl, more like it. :naughty:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1291073700|2782165 said:
Steal|1291072801|2782146 said:

One can hope. ;-)

Funny, I imagined you as a long time married lady. Glad you might have found a dashing young man to while away the house with; tell us more when there is more to tell......

LOL, long time married, not so much. 28, single and on the prowl, more like it. :naughty:[/quote]

Yup. And I pride myself on being a good judger :rolleyes: . Neeah (= wrong answer sound on a game show). I bet your doggie is quite a babe magnet though. I can't imagine a man not liking a doggie like that.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glitz, you'll be ok! Make sure you talk to them about it and tell them you're nervous/anxious. My fear of it was on the cusp of hysteria after I had a bad experience (tho that was 18 years ago). After having 2 c-sections and talking to the anesthesiologists about my fears, I was a little better w/it when I went in to have my umbilical hernia fixed. I talked to the surgeon at the consult and then to the anesthesiologist (and the nurses and probably anyone who walked by, just to make sure they understood I was petrified). I was busy explaining to him why I was scared and he was nodding and said he promised it would be a totally different experience..and then I was in the recovery room. I remember thinking g-dammit, I wasn't even done telling him my story!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'm going into lurkdom. I'm finding that I don't have anything to contribute to here. Peace out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results