shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Hera

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1291056066|2781883 said:
I'm wondering if it's totally inappropriate for me to be hanging out with this guy I used to be really good friends with in college. Prior to this past Friday I hadn't seen him since undergrad, which was over 5 years ago. We'd kept in very sporadic, limited touch since then (a text every 6 months or so, at the most) but had been talking about getting together and hanging out for the last 5 months or so. It finally happened on Friday night, and it was great!

So the part I'm wondering about stems from the fact that this guy and I kinda had a little fling when we first met in my sophomore year, his senior year. It wasn't anything serious and didn't go beyond making out and the stuff that comes in that territory (ie, we never slept together), and after a couple months we stopped that stuff and were just super good friends during the remainder of that year. He graduated at the end of that year, but I saw him often throughout my remaining 2 years there because he'd come visit me and other friends to hang out.

I've told BF about this guy and our "history," if you can even call it that, and he seems not to be bothered by it. I hung out with the friend Friday night and again last night, and told BF before each who I was seeing and what I was doing. His response each time was "ok, have fun!"

I really like this friend (just as a friend), and it's so nice having him back as a friend again after so long. At the same time, I don't think I'd be comfortable with this situation if mine and BF's roles were reversed. That makes me a hypocrite, I know, but he's cool with it. This is probably just me over-analyzing the situation, which BF accuses me of a lot, and I'm fussing over something that shouldn't be fussed over.

Thoughts?
As long as there aren't any lingering romance business, I think it's okay. People have different thresholds for jealousy so if he's okay with it, that's great. Bravo to your boyfriend for not having any problems with it and obviously trusting you so much.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1291077941|2782215 said:
I'm going into lurkdom. I'm finding that I don't have anything to contribute to here. Peace out.

Will chat with you elsewhere ;)) I'm close behind you. There's not much to say right now anyway.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I'm grateful for PS. For me it seems like a pirate's chest overflowing with pearls, diamonds, colored gems, and precious metals. I'm kind of new here and I don't know very much about what goes on behind the scenes and I don't really care about all of that. I'm glad that we're all united in our appreciation for this hobby and that we have a place to share our hobby with each other.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Glitz, you'll be fine! When I got mine out, the anest....however you spell it injected the drugs, said, "Princesss, do you drink beer?" I said, "Yes." He said, "How many beers does this feel like?" "Too many...." and the next thing I knew I was in recovery asking when the surgery was going to be. They told me it had already happened and showed me my teeth as proof, and I asked (rather crossly) why they were showing me other people's teeth.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Steal- Honestly, Henry (doggie) is a total babe magnet. Guys love big dogs and Henry is totally a big manly type dog. Although, he is a mama's boy. :)

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Steal and heraanderson-- Thanks for the insights, I think you both hit the nail right on the head. I do want to feel like he "cares" enough to maybe be a little insecure about it, but I guess I'm just lucky to have someone who trusts me so implicitly.

Last night we ordered pizza, sat on the couch, snuggled, and watched football. What a completely, unproductive, wonderful evening it was!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
R: Our cat is named Henry too. Such a lovely name for a pet. Again I am sorry for posting my .02 on the other thread. Foot in mouth syndrome.

star sparkle|1291138146|2782860 said:
Steal and heraanderson-- Thanks for the insights, I think you both hit the nail right on the head. I do want to feel like he "cares" enough to maybe be a little insecure about it, but I guess I'm just lucky to have someone who trusts me so implicitly.
Last night we ordered pizza, sat on the couch, snuggled, and watched football. What a completely, unproductive, wonderful evening it was!

IMHO, when the time is right, mention to your BF that it would have been ok if he were anxious or jealous. That you might have been jealous in his shoes though there was genuinely nothing to worry about. And you feel that some jealousy is healthy in a relationship so you are just saying if he did feel like that then that would be ok for him to tell you and you would have understood.

You might find that the man is not too keen on the whole idea but is keeping his lips buttoned. Maybe?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Steal|1291140110|2782912 said:
IMHO, when the time is right, mention to your BF that it would have been ok if he were anxious or jealous. That you might have been jealous in his shoes though there was genuinely nothing to worry about. And you feel that some jealousy is healthy in a relationship so you are just saying if he did feel like that then that would be ok for him to tell you and you would have understood.

We've talked about this before, briefly, when we first started dating. What I gathered from that convo is that he is just not the jealous type at all, and that he trusts me beyond belief and therefore would have no reason to get jealous in a situation like this.

You might find that the man is not too keen on the whole idea but is keeping his lips buttoned. Maybe?

Yeah, it's possible, but we've also had these types of talks in the past too. He's very frank and not afraid to say what he feels/thinks, so if it really bothered him I don't think he'd stay quiet about it.

However, I've had experiences with him in the past where he says he's ok with something, but brings it up later as if he's NOT ok with it. But then when I confront him about it, he says again that he's fine with it. :confused: Again, he's not the type whatsoever to just tell me what I want to hear, or keep quiet about something that bothers him, so this type of thing confuses me to no end.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1291141846|2782968 said:

We've talked about this before, briefly, when we first started dating. What I gathered from that convo is that he is just not the jealous type at all, and that he trusts me beyond belief and therefore would have no reason to get jealous in a situation like this.

Yeah, it's possible, but we've also had these types of talks in the past too. He's very frank and not afraid to say what he feels/thinks, so if it really bothered him I don't think he'd stay quiet about it.

However, I've had experiences with him in the past where he says he's ok with something, but brings it up later as if he's NOT ok with it. But then when I confront him about it, he says again that he's fine with it. :confused: Again, he's not the type whatsoever to just tell me what I want to hear, or keep quiet about something that bothers him, so this type of thing confuses me to no end.

I don't know your situation and am just shooting the breeze with you... IMHO he cares more than he says. When he brings something up the mask has slipped and that is the time to have an honest talk.

As an off topic question - where was your best holiday together? DH and I have promised we will take a holiday this year (2011) so I'm looking for ideas.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Steal|1291144385|2783047 said:
I don't know your situation and am just shooting the breeze with you... IMHO he cares more than he says. When he brings something up the mask has slipped and that is the time to have an honest talk.

As an off topic question - where was your best holiday together? DH and I have promised we will take a holiday this year (2011) so I'm looking for ideas.

I realize that, and I do appreciate your comments! You seem to echo the thoughts I have swirling around in my own head, so if nothing else, that at least helps me know I'm not just completely crazy. :wink2:

BF and I have only been dating for about 5.5 months, so we haven't yet taken any trips together. I've done a lot of traveling with my ex-FI and with my mother, though, but it depends on what you're looking for--a big adventure type of trip, or something more relaxing? Domestic, or abroad? How long?

This year I went to Rome with my mother for my birthday, and then we went to Sydney for her birthday. They were both amazing trips, but I think the Rome trip was my favorite vacation of all time. Give me some more details about what you have in mind, and I'll see if I can come up with some good suggestions.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1291144871|2783062 said:
Steal|1291144385|2783047 said:

I realize that, and I do appreciate your comments! You seem to echo the thoughts I have swirling around in my own head, so if nothing else, that at least helps me know I'm not just completely crazy. :wink2:

BF and I have only been dating for about 5.5 months, so we haven't yet taken any trips together. I've done a lot of traveling with my ex-FI and with my mother, though, but it depends on what you're looking for--a big adventure type of trip, or something more relaxing? Domestic, or abroad? How long?

This year I went to Rome with my mother for my birthday, and then we went to Sydney for her birthday. They were both amazing trips, but I think the Rome trip was my favorite vacation of all time. Give me some more details about what you have in mind, and I'll see if I can come up with some good suggestions.

:))

Not crazy - just a girl dating a guy, hoping it will work out.

About the holly-days. I don't know really. And we aren't about to book it or anything I'm just thinking about it as a distraction. We had hoped to be knocked up by now but that is all shot to sh1t (don't ask) so I might get the holiday we talked about next year. I wanted to go to America somewhere. Always have, but I would love a snow or sun holiday too. I'm in Europe so anything local is very do-able.
I talk about this often and still haven't booked anything so it really is more of a tell me about your great holiday rather than inspire me to actually book something conversation. ;))

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
R: Our cat is named Henry too. Such a lovely name for a pet. Again I am sorry for posting my .02 on the other thread. Foot in mouth syndrome.

I love Henry for a name. LOL, I was watching a movie the other night and the puppy was named 'Kevin'. I about fell out, something about animals with serious Human names makes me laugh.

about your .02- I love it- totally, please keep posting there- we all enjoy it!! :)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Steal, the ex and I did a lovely long weekend in Morocco. We also did Italy - 3 days in Rome and 2 in Florence. If I were to go back I'd do more in Florence/the countryside and less in Rome - for all the history, I found it to be a lot like any other big city.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strawdermangrl|1291062419|2781993 said:
Berryluv|1291059946|2781945 said:
Work sucks at the moment. Waiting to hear if we are being shut down.

Dust and hugs, let us know how it turns out.

Yikes! Hope everything is okay...

Strawdermangrl|1291150558|2783206 said:

I love Henry for a name. LOL, I was watching a movie the other night and the puppy was named 'Kevin'. I about fell out, something about animals with serious Human names makes me laugh.

about your .02- I love it- totally, please keep posting there- we all enjoy it!! :)

My grandfather's brother had a water buffalo I called Henry...

bad place to post that? :wink2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you may remember I posted about a possible issue a few days ago, just an update - everything is good :))

It apparently just skipped this month entirely for whatever reason, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong and all the tests (I made them do two) came out negative.

It's a huge relief. I've always said I knew exactly what I'd do in that situation, but when it comes time to face the music - well, the decision would have been impossible either way. In fact - I almost can't believe I'm saying this - there is a small part of me that was getting used to the idea - and getting excited by the idea... and that small part of me was disappointed yesterday.

It's - surreal - to think that in a couple of years it'll be the 'right time' (or at least, not so obviously the wrong time) and I'll do exactly the same things I did last week hoping for exactly the opposite outcome..

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Steal|1291145997|2783098 said:
About the holly-days. I don't know really. And we aren't about to book it or anything I'm just thinking about it as a distraction. We had hoped to be knocked up by now but that is all shot to sh1t (don't ask) so I might get the holiday we talked about next year. I wanted to go to America somewhere. Always have, but I would love a snow or sun holiday too. I'm in Europe so anything local is very do-able.
I talk about this often and still haven't booked anything so it really is more of a tell me about your great holiday rather than inspire me to actually book something conversation. ;))

Gotcha.

I'm a huge fan of Sweden, there's just something about it that is magical. I've been numerous times in both summer and winter, and it's great no matter what the weather is. During summer, it's warm and sunny with lots of people doing things outside. In winter, it's cold and covered in snow but everything looks like a winter wonderland postcard. One summer we did a few days in Stockholm, then went up north into the arctic circle for a few days where the sun never went down. That was pretty amazing, and breathtakingly gorgeous. I've always wanted to go to the Ice Hotel during the winter in Jukkasjarvi, and plan on doing it someday.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Good to hear, Yssie! I'm glad everything turned out for the best and that you no longer have to stress out about it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cheers star!

And ::HUGS:: steal (though I'm guessing you'd run if I tried to hug you IRL :devil: ) I hope whatever you & DH choose, it works out for you.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom gave me a bunch of notebooks from my Gramma's house when they moved her to an apartment. I have them in the cupboard to use for lists. I took them down last week to get the cupboard organized and arranged them according to size. I was looking in each of them to see what their real purpose was-some of them are address books, some date books etc..one of them turned out to be a travel diary, and it had a couple entries in it. Turns out it was my Great Gramma's Sister's (Aunt Selma we called her) and the entry is from 1956, when they traveled to New York and went on a train ride and took a steamer overseas to Sweden. Was interesting, tho not very long. Names of the hotels and the ship, and relatives that met them, dining w/the captain, just neat stuff.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I am starting to LOATHE my oven timer. . . the beeping . . . over and over . . . not even a 30 second break and it beeps again with a piercing tone . . . it is unholy . . . it is evil . . . I believe it sneaks out at night to club baby seals . . .

And can SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY I AM STILL DOING DISHES FROM THANKSGIVING?!!!! I have done literally 8 loads of dishes. Eight! Who the h@!! took the nut dish into the den and left it there? How did we manage to use EVERY SINGLE KNIFE in the house? I'm finding glasses in other rooms, still today!

Explain to me how this happened when there were only 5 PEOPLE???!!!!

(sorry, rant's over . . . got it off my chest and don't have to yell at my family . . . thank you . . . :) )

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A good guy friend of mine and I went out last night. Perhaps it was a 'date' but to be completely honest? I haven't had that much fun in a LONG time. We had dinner and he asked me to come help him pick out a Christmas tree and all the trimmings for his new house- we pretty much had a hay day at Garden Ridge- My sides hurt from laughing so hard.

Who knew that Garden Ridge Pottery could provide for such exciting times? :appl:

Oh, and one more thing- the odd CRAP that people sell for Christmas- BLOWS.MY.MIND. I.E- a 'outhouse' with Santa that sings Christmas songs and uses other 'noises' to contribute to the completion of 'Jingle Bells' and 'Deck The Halls'...oh, and he also touched on the subject of importance of 'courtesy flushes'. :-o You can't make this stuff up.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I did not want to get out of my bed today. It was in the thirties here this morning, 20s last night and my bed was a comfy little inferno.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
So I'm totally a California girl and we don't really get bad weather here, so my winter and cold-weather wardrobe is basically nonexistant.

In just over 2 weeks, I'll be traveling with BF to visit his family for some pre-Christmas stuff in Washington state, and it's going to be so freaking cold (by my standards, at least). BF acknowledges this, and says I should prepare for snow.

It's looking like I need to go shopping for some warm clothes, and nice winter jacket, and some boots. I think I can figure out the clothes and jacket for myself, but I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for boots that'll work. I need something warm and comfy that can withstand rain/snow, but at the same time they need to be really cute. I just don't even know where to begin because I've never had to shop for this type of shoe before. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Today sucks.

I wish I had stayed in bed.

That is truly all.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I've been casually interviewing for months now. Things have picked up, however, and this week I had two 3+-hour interviews. I told my team I had a doctor's appointment earlier this week, but didn't want to have to say the same thing again today.

Something came up a work and everybody was looking high and low for me. When I came back, my team was really mad. I don't blame them, but I also can't tell them I'm interviewing, so I lied and told them I had a dog emergency. They suggested I work from home indefinitely since my dog is so sick (which is true) and now I feel bad about lying and really bad that they're working with me to create a solution. If one of these interviews pans out, I'm going to feel awful giving my notice even though the opportunities are great. Blah!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been sleeping in until 12 or 1 every day and feeling completely unmotivated to get out of bed, let alone look for a job.

How do you guys get motivated?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm sick of everything.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Obsessively trolling ebay for clothes for London. Got a cute striped halter top and cropped khaki pants set for $6 including shipping. :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost my keys.. GAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate losing important things! Sigh...I guess it's a little less annoying than losing a wallet or a phone. Still, I'm still kind of hoping they turn up at work.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember|1291077941|2782215 said:
I'm going into lurkdom. I'm finding that I don't have anything to contribute to here. Peace out.

This makes me sad. We were ladies in waiting who both joined right around the same time, and I really enjoy reading your posts. I understand where you're coming from though, as you can see from my post count I obviously don't have much to contribute either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results