shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever have days....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2008 11:04:15 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone

THE BRUISE

LOL -- I just went back and read that thread! It would have been funny if it hadn't hurt SO MUCH !!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Just thought you''d all appreciate this.

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor''s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn''t have any time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn''t going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment. I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I''m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, my, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven''t we? I didn''t respond. After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal. Some shopping, cleaning, and cooking. After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, ''Mommy, where''s my washcloth? I told her to get another one from the cupboard. She replied, ''No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.
Never going back to that doctor. Ever.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2008 11:18:37 AM
Author: Upgradable

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor''s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn''t have any time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn''t going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment. I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I''m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, my, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven''t we? I didn''t respond. After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal. Some shopping, cleaning, and cooking. After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, ''Mommy, where''s my washcloth? I told her to get another one from the cupboard. She replied, ''No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.

OMG -- I''m DYING here!!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable... I am cracking up in the library between classes!! That is HILARIOUS!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Did that actually happen to you, or is that something you got from the Internet? Because I remember reading this story years ago...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It is indeed a well circulated joke. However, it comes off funnier if that''s not disclosed until after the laughter has abated.
emangel.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 12:02:49 PM
It is indeed a well circulated joke. However, it comes off funnier if that''s not disclosed until after the laughter has abated.
emangel.gif
Ah.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very funny!!!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 11:10:10 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 9/11/2008 11:04:15 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone

THE BRUISE

LOL -- I just went back and read that thread! It would have been funny if it hadn''t hurt SO MUCH !!!
I guess that''s why I find it so funny not only now, but did at the time as well, I wasn''t in any pain.
9.gif
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 9:14:14 AM
Author: Harriet
Date: 9/10/2008 11:18:04 PM

Author: thing2of2

DITTO! The self-absorption really blows my mind.

And some of the questions that get asked on PS blow my mind, too! I mean, you don''t need to post every question that pops into your mind, ya know?! Especially the super specific ones, like medical stuff. I''m just like ''You''re coming to a DIAMOND WEBSITE for medical advice?!! Go to a doctor!'' (Obviously some people have but want to compare notes, etc., which I totally get, but I''ve seen a few where I''m like
23.gif
)!

ETA: dfan, you never sound preachy!
The legal ones irk me too.

Self-absorption? Sorry.
15.gif
Ms. Harriet would like to thank all those who''ve read her neverending IL saga, including the non-preachy DF.

Harriet, I love reading your in-law stories and helping if I can. PLease NEVER stop posting those. I am your Adopted American Mom remember??? Always here to help my sweet Harriet.xoxoxoxoxo

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 10:22:17 AM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 9/11/2008 10:08:15 AM

Author: Dee*Jay

Bottom line, gals and guys, I LUV YA!
Ah, we love you too!
35.gif
I love everyone here too!!!
9.gif

Same for me too. Dee we NEVER get tired of hearing about The Demon. I love love love dogs.
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 10:53:53 AM
Author: Independent Gal
I''m glad you posted this thread, because I go through phases where I really want to say what I''m thinking... and every now and then I do. And then I feel horrible and guilty.

So knowing that everyone else has those thoughts sometimes too makes me feel less like an ogre.
5.gif

But I''ll keep trying to behave.

And not just because I''m terrified of SKIPPY THE ASSASSIN!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

I feel bad for posting that sentence now, but I am glad it made everyone laugh especially our Skippy the assassin
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Just thought you'd all appreciate this.

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment. I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, my, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we? I didn't respond. After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal. Some shopping, cleaning, and cooking. After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, 'Mommy, where's my washcloth? I told her to get another one from the cupboard. She replied, 'No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.

OMG! I just burst out laughing and startled someone! Oh, that's priceless! That'll keep me chuckling the rest of the week. Joke maybe; but hilarious all the same.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock

Self-absorption? Sorry.
15.gif
Ms. Harriet would like to thank all those who''ve read her neverending IL saga, including the non-preachy DF.
Harriet, coming on PS to vent about your IL situation is really the most responsible, and sensitive thing you can do with those feelings! If I TOLD my MIL how I felt about her, or told my DH what I REALLY think of his dear mother... things would go from not optimal to HORRID! This IS the place to talk about your situation because you have friends here who care about you, and aren''t directly involved!
I''ve never found anything you''ve said to sound even the slightest bit self obsorbed!
Even when I was a lurker... I always enjoyed your posts!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment. I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, my, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we? I didn't respond. After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal. Some shopping, cleaning, and cooking. After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, 'Mommy, where's my washcloth? I told her to get another one from the cupboard. She replied, 'No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.

You HAVE TO send that story into COOKIE mag!!!! ROFLMAO!!!! I think I just woke up my baby laughing OUT LOUD!!! OMG! HOW horrible!!! That's got to be the best... 'what kids have done to my life' story EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*********ETA.... wow... I really should read ahead before I reply! LOL! Great joke none the less!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:50:15 PM
Author: LuckyTexan

You HAVE TO send that story into COOKIE mag!!!! ROFLMAO!!!! I think I just woke up my baby laughing OUT LOUD!!! OMG! HOW horrible!!! That''s got to be the best... ''what kids have done to my life'' story EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, this is the funniest thing I have ever heard or read. I would never go back to that doctor either.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:53:22 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 9/11/2008 2:50:15 PM

You HAVE TO send that story into COOKIE mag!!!! ROFLMAO!!!! I think I just woke up my baby laughing OUT LOUD!!! OMG! HOW horrible!!! That's got to be the best... 'what kids have done to my life' story EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, this is the funniest thing I have ever heard or read. I would never go back to that doctor either.

Linda
LOL, funny!!!
9.gif

eta: IndieGirl and Linda, you 2 are too funny!
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can''t vent about in laws HERE, where can you?

Also, think it is a riot to have an urban myth type story about sparklies in the nether area. That is a new one for sure. Bet that doctor will never see that again!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2008 9:17:48 AM

Date: 9/10/2008 11:18:04 PM

DITTO! The self-absorption really blows my mind.

And some of the questions that get asked on PS blow my mind, too! I mean, you don''t need to post every question that pops into your mind, ya know?! Especially the super specific ones, like medical stuff. I''m just like ''You''re coming to a DIAMOND WEBSITE for medical advice?!! Go to a doctor!'' (Obviously some people have but want to compare notes, etc., which I totally get, but I''ve seen a few where I''m like
23.gif
)!

ETA: dfan, you never sound preachy!

Self-absorption? Sorry.
15.gif
Ms. Harriet would like to thank all those who''ve read her neverending IL saga, including DF.

Yes! The legal ones are the same way...call a lawyer, you know?!!

And you''re not one of the self-absorbed ones, I promise!
but that would cost money. i want some FREE legal advise from Harriet.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, just remember you get what you pay for.

Really, it is so nice of the many PS''ers who have an expertise and do want to help with some input, but I seriously doubt anyone here just takes internet advice and does not seek advice IRL. As well meaning as we are, on legal or medical things or anything of a serious nature, I think our abilities are limited. Of course we are a place to vent and get good suggestions and even solutions often times, but still...we are not the end all be all.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 1:14:05 PM
Author: Linda W
Harriet, I love reading your in-law stories and helping if I can. PLease NEVER stop posting those. I am your Adopted American Mom remember??? Always here to help my sweet Harriet.xoxoxoxoxo
Thanks, my American Mom. Hugs on this difficult day.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:45:23 PM

Self-absorption? Sorry.
15.gif
Harriet, coming on PS to vent about your IL situation is really the most responsible, and sensitive thing you can do with those feelings! If I TOLD my MIL how I felt about her, or told my DH what I REALLY think of his dear mother... things would go from not optimal to HORRID! This IS the place to talk about your situation because you have friends here who care about you, and aren''t directly involved!
I''ve never found anything you''ve said to sound even the slightest bit self obsorbed!
Even when I was a lurker... I always enjoyed your posts!
Thank you so much.
35.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 8:00:54 PM
Author: diamondfan
If you can''t vent about in laws HERE, where can you?

Also, think it is a riot to have an urban myth type story about sparklies in the nether area. That is a new one for sure. Bet that doctor will never see that again!
Thank you. You''ve given me great advice.

Upgradable, thanks for the laugh.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Dang, see there''s my problem. I vent here, but I also vent to those people in real life. YIKES! Well, not everyone. I can''t just tell everyone in the office what I feel about them. That would be paycheck suicide.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 8:43:14 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
but that would cost money. i want some FREE legal advise from Harriet.
Sure. Consult a CA-qualified attorney.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
M, I am with you. As much as I would like to I cannot really tell my mother in law how I feel, (though I certainly express myself non verbally) I cannot. Coming here to vent makes it easier for everyone.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I know, thank goodness for body language, eh? Even if we can''t say what we want, we can sure show it with a lack of enthusiasm and a heavy sigh every now and then.
2.gif
Maybe even a discreet roll of the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results