shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever have days....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:12:13 PM
Author: Upgradable
One of the questions that makes me bite my lip so hard it bleeds is....

~Is this too gaudy? YES!!!!!
OMG, yes!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I have those days. Many in fact.

What kills me are those that are thread hogs, threads and threads asking the same damn questions. And then the responses are one word answers. Just to keep the thread going. It''s annoying as heck. To me anyways.

But will end on a positive note, this place is rocking. Love the fresh perspectives, new blood, etc.. I think that''s awesome.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LT, I wish it was a pink diamond
30.gif
, but it is a padparadscha sapphire. It is called the queen of the sapphires. It is my pride and joy. I am glad you like it. Thank you.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:26:53 PM
Author: diamondfan
Lucky, I think you are great, and I somehow think pretty soon you will be overflowing with pals!

I moved to PA from California and it was so hard, knew not a soul. 11 years later (and no it did not take that long!!!) I am so happy here I hardly miss L.A. at all, and I lived there for 32 years!!!!

You seem like a doll, and being in a new place can be so hard. Meeting people through your kids works great though!!!
Thank you! Leaving CA was SO hard for me. I grew up there, all of our family friends, and life long school pals, and just everything was there! I came here with such great hope, and dreams of meeting people, and going to mommy and me classes, and having play dates and all that stuff you HEAR about haha!

I have really been in a funk lately. I think some of the suggestions I got in my thread are really great ideas and I''m def going to go see about getting into LA Fitness... I need that time to myself to get back in shape and to meet people that don''t say ''why not'' to everything I say
2.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:32:59 PM
Author: Linda W
30.gif
, but it is a padparadscha sapphire. It is called the queen of the sapphires. It is my pride and joy. I am glad you like it. Thank you.
Oh Gosh that''s even better!!! Loads of people have pink diamonds!!! I''ve never even HEARD of what you have before!! Is there a thread with more pics of it? How do you have it set?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you will meet people, you have a great way about you. Trust me, no place is tougher than the Main Line, very old community and often hard to break in. I have met so many wonderful people, but in the beginning I cried daily. Did not want hubby to know how miserable I was, wanted to seem okay with it all. It will happen, you are taking positive steps!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:32:24 PM
Author: Kaleigh
What kills me are those that are thread hogs, threads and threads asking the same damn questions. And then the responses are one word answers. Just to keep the thread going. It''s annoying as heck. To me anyways.
AYE-MEN
28.gif
You sing it sistah!
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:37:28 PM
Author: LuckyTexan
Date: 9/10/2008 11:32:59 PM

Author: Linda W

30.gif
Oh Gosh that''s even better!!! Loads of people have pink diamonds!!! I''ve never even HEARD of what you have before!! Is there a thread with more pics of it? How do you have it set?

I am so bad, I don''t have pictures of mine. If you type padparadscha sapphires in the search section, a lot of threads will pop up. You will see a variety of PSers beautiful ones. They come in different shades of pink/orange and orange/pink. They are GORGEOUS.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:45:17 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 9/10/2008 11:32:24 PM
Author: Kaleigh
What kills me are those that are thread hogs, threads and threads asking the same damn questions. And then the responses are one word answers. Just to keep the thread going. It's annoying as heck. To me anyways.
AYE-MEN
28.gif
You sing it sistah!
1.gif
ditto, DFan and Kaleigh

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 8:41:22 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
''common denominator is YOU''
I believe I''ve actually used that one. Recently.

I''ve seriously wanted to use T-Gal''s "God, you are really into yourself", to the same poster, but I refrained.

Imagine that. Me refraining.
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:23:50 PM

Date: 9/10/2008 11:11:15 PM

I am likely someone who has annoyed someone at one time or another...such is life, no? I hope not but I am sure I have. And people here have annoyed me a time or two as well. It is okay in the scheme as I am able to leave the computer if I wish.

I feel badly if someone is really struggling and cannot see what others might in a given situation. THAT I can deal with.

I CANNOT deal with some of the dramas that seem to be by the same people all of the time, those who like to chew on the same sh*t over and over and over...threads that just go on for pages and the most picayune crap is asked...as if we are all personally there to be travel agents, personal shoppers, therapists, cheerleaders, employment counselors, relationship advisors, real estate agents, wedding planners, jewelry designers,tailors, their source for EVERYTHING, ALL AT ONCE. Do some people not have lives or have friends out in the big world? And then NONE of the advice is ever good enough. Put a fork in me...off to another thread really fast. The self absorption is enough to make me scream (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRFFFFFGGGHHH).

I love coming here (10K posts would be a hint of that), there are things I can say here I might not reveal in life, like how I really feel about my sister or what not. It feels a bit safer and I can let it rip here and not have to talk about it too much otherwise. And I really appreciate the advice and comments given. I post some of my stuff but not all the time. But I have some balance about it, and I can weigh things in some sensible way (I hope).

So my answer to the question would be:

Are you THAT self absorbed that you think everything is all about YOU?

PS a blanket but sincere apology if I ever offended, or seemed preachy or anything...I think email makes it hard sometimes, but I just want to go on the record saying that! Cause I really am trying to help, in any way I can!

35.gif
I don't... circumstances being what they are I haven't made any friends in the 'real world' since I moved to Texas... in California I had great friends... but since coming here things have just not been optimal to set up a social circle! I'm working on it though!
16.gif

I have made some really good friends online, and they are my security blanket I think! I'm fulfilled emotionally by them, and I think it's become a crutch! I really DO need to get out more often! LOL!
Where in TX are you? There's a lot of us PSers here in the Lone Star State.

We'll be your buds!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 12:11:13 AM
Author: HollyS

I am likely someone who has annoyed someone at one time or another...such is life, no? I hope not but I am sure I have. And people here have annoyed me a time or two as well. It is okay in the scheme as I am able to leave the computer if I wish.

I feel badly if someone is really struggling and cannot see what others might in a given situation. THAT I can deal with.

I CANNOT deal with some of the dramas that seem to be by the same people all of the time, those who like to chew on the same sh*t over and over and over...threads that just go on for pages and the most picayune crap is asked...as if we are all personally there to be travel agents, personal shoppers, therapists, cheerleaders, employment counselors, relationship advisors, real estate agents, wedding planners, jewelry designers,tailors, their source for EVERYTHING, ALL AT ONCE. Do some people not have lives or have friends out in the big world? And then NONE of the advice is ever good enough. Put a fork in me...off to another thread really fast. The self absorption is enough to make me scream (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRFFFFFGGGHHH).

I love coming here (10K posts would be a hint of that), there are things I can say here I might not reveal in life, like how I really feel about my sister or what not. It feels a bit safer and I can let it rip here and not have to talk about it too much otherwise. And I really appreciate the advice and comments given. I post some of my stuff but not all the time. But I have some balance about it, and I can weigh things in some sensible way (I hope).

PS a blanket but sincere apology if I ever offended, or seemed preachy or anything...I think email makes it hard sometimes, but I just want to go on the record saying that! Cause I really am trying to help, in any way I can!

35.gif
I don''t... circumstances being what they are I haven''t made any friends in the ''real world'' since I moved to Texas... in California I had great friends... but since coming here things have just not been optimal to set up a social circle! I''m working on it though!
16.gif

I have made some really good friends online, and they are my security blanket I think! I''m fulfilled emotionally by them, and I think it''s become a crutch! I really DO need to get out more often! LOL!
Where in TX are you? There''s a lot of us PSers here in the Lone Star State.

We''ll be your buds!

I''m telling you it is HARD to make friends in Texas! I''ve lived here since 2001 and still have not developed a solid group of friends that aren''t going anywhere. I thought it was me, maybe I''m repulsive or a complete bore, or an annoying net nanny in real life
2.gif
...but then the people that I have met (who aren''t from here) have said the same thing.
One is my DH''s boss''s wife whom I ADORE. They moved here from Michigan years ago. She''s a total riot, loves to shop, loves to talk, loves to barbeque...I thought she had to have a ton of friends, having kids and all. Nope.
7.gif
The women in her neighborhood have kind of shut her out. She has said that she feels like no one has any interest in getting to know her. I feel that too a lot of times...like if I''m thrust in a situation with a close girl group. The other is a girl I work with. She moved here from Sacramento two years ago...hasn''t met any friends either. Just her and her boyfriend, day in and day out. I feel bad for her because in California she had a solid group of girl friends that were part of a dance group. She talks about them often, I know she''s got to miss it. She too has said that it''s almost impossible. And you''d think that would be enough to make all three of us form a bond...well, no--cause boss''s wife lives an hour and half a way with traffic, and the other an hour away in the other direction.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 12:29:17 AM
Author: luckystar112

35.gif
I don''t... circumstances being what they are I haven''t made any friends in the ''real world'' since I moved to Texas... in California I had great friends... but since coming here things have just not been optimal to set up a social circle! I''m working on it though!
16.gif

I have made some really good friends online, and they are my security blanket I think! I''m fulfilled emotionally by them, and I think it''s become a crutch! I really DO need to get out more often! LOL!

We''ll be your buds!

I''m telling you it is HARD to make friends in Texas! I''ve lived here since 2001 and still have not developed a solid group of friends that aren''t going anywhere. I thought it was me, maybe I''m repulsive or a complete bore, or an annoying net nanny in real life
2.gif
...but then the people that I have met (who aren''t from here) have said the same thing.
One is my DH''s boss''s wife whom I ADORE. They moved here from Michigan years ago. She''s a total riot, loves to shop, loves to talk, loves to barbeque...I thought she had to have a ton of friends, having kids and all. Nope.
7.gif
The women in her neighborhood have kind of shut her out. She has said that she feels like no one has any interest in getting to know her. I feel that too a lot of times...like if I''m thrust in a situation with a close girl group. The other is a girl I work with. She moved here from Sacramento two years ago...hasn''t met any friends either. Just her and her boyfriend, day in and day out. I feel bad for her because in California she had a solid group of girl friends that were part of a dance group. She talks about them often, I know she''s got to miss it. She too has said that it''s almost impossible. And you''d think that would be enough to make all three of us form a bond...well, no--cause boss''s wife lives an hour and half a way with traffic, and the other an hour away in the other direction.
Even as close as you and I are... you may as well BE in California! Your side of town is like 23 miles from me... and that would take like... what? a good hour? I HATE the traffic here!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock

35.gif
16.gif

We''ll be your buds!
SW Houston area... Sugarland

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
My DH''s boss lives in that area too....sort of. It''s Richmond, TX...but we drive through Sugarland to get there!
Lonnnnnnng drive from where we are. We are basically right at the Tomball/Spring/Houston cusp. I thought it was funny how in the other thread you said that apparently everyone wants to live in North Houston, cause I find myself saying the same thing about where YOU are ALL the time!
3.gif

I guess we can''t win.
39.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
LOL, this thread has me giggling and I can totally relate - although I have hesitated to post my reply, as I know I''ve been feeling a lil...hmm...narky lately
41.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:18:04 PM
Author: thing2of2
DITTO! The self-absorption really blows my mind.

And some of the questions that get asked on PS blow my mind, too! I mean, you don't need to post every question that pops into your mind, ya know?! Especially the super specific ones, like medical stuff. I'm just like 'You're coming to a DIAMOND WEBSITE for medical advice?!! Go to a doctor!' (Obviously some people have but want to compare notes, etc., which I totally get, but I've seen a few where I'm like
23.gif
)!

ETA: dfan, you never sound preachy!
The legal ones irk me too.

Self-absorption? Sorry.
15.gif
Ms. Harriet would like to thank all those who've read her neverending IL saga, including the non-preachy DF.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 9:14:14 AM
Author: Harriet
Date: 9/10/2008 11:18:04 PM

Author: thing2of2

DITTO! The self-absorption really blows my mind.

And some of the questions that get asked on PS blow my mind, too! I mean, you don''t need to post every question that pops into your mind, ya know?! Especially the super specific ones, like medical stuff. I''m just like ''You''re coming to a DIAMOND WEBSITE for medical advice?!! Go to a doctor!'' (Obviously some people have but want to compare notes, etc., which I totally get, but I''ve seen a few where I''m like
23.gif
)!

ETA: dfan, you never sound preachy!
The legal ones irk me too.

Self-absorption? Sorry.
15.gif
Ms. Harriet would like to thank all those who''ve read her neverending IL saga, including DF.

Yes! The legal ones are the same way...call a lawyer, you know?!!

And you''re not one of the self-absorbed ones, I promise!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing2of2,
Thank you!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I were a doctor or lawyer, (and even though I am not I know a bit of stuff), I would not mind commenting here and there on things, but clearly, no one here should take medical or legal advice solely from PS! Most times people here are good about saying, sounds like X but of course see a doctor...I would hate to think someone did not follow through IRL and get competent medical or legal assistance in times of need.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In addition to the and legal medical ones, I'm also leary of the real estate ones that are like, "I'm trying to do this transaction without a real estate agent, so any real estate agents out there pleaes help me." And I AM a real estate agent, and I DO want to help, and I TRY, but I being so far removed from the situation I know I don't have the full story (or even a large fraction of it) and every goegraphic jurisdiction handles real estate differently, so unless you are in downtown Chicago and you are buying a property that I have actual knowledge of I should probably just close the thread SILENTLY and move on... but somehow I just can't... and then I fret for days that I've provided information that won't apply to the poster's actual situation or given bad advice, even though my intentions are good.

(I am guilty of posting one or two medical ones myself, BTW. Oh, and I'm sure you are tired of hearing about and answering questions about The Demon too, LOL!)

About friends, I do have "real" friends (although many of you feel more real to me than people I deal with in person, and I've also been fortunate enough to make some of you personal, not just net, friends too) but I think I communicate more/better/differently on here about various things than I do IRL. Hell, I didn't even know I needed you all until I found you. Bottom line, gals and guys, I LUV YA!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee dear,
We need to meet.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 10:08:15 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Bottom line, gals and guys, I LUV YA!
Ah, we love you too!
35.gif
I love everyone here too!!!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippers!

Harriet, I agree 100%!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
In addition to the and legal medical ones, I''m also leary of the real estate ones that are like, ''I''m trying to do this transaction without a real estate agent, so any real estate agents out there pleaes help me.'' And I AM a real estate agent, and I DO want to help, and I TRY, but I being so far removed from the situation I know I don''t have the full story (or even a large fraction of it) and every goegraphic jurisdiction handles real estate differently, so unless you are in downtown Chicago and you are buying a property that I have actual knowledge of I should probably just close the thread SILENTLY and move on... but somehow I just can''t... and then I fret for days that I''ve provided information that won''t apply to the poster''s actual situation or given bad advice, even though my intentions are good.

(I am guilty of posting one or two medical ones myself, BTW. Oh, and I''m sure you are tired of hearing about and answering questions about The Demon too, LOL!)

About friends, I do have ''real'' friends (although many of you feel more real to me than people I deal with in person, and I''ve also been fortunate enough to make some of you personal, not just net, friends too) but I think I communicate more/better/differently on here about various things than I do IRL. Hell, I didn''t even know I needed you all until I found you. Bottom line, gals and guys, I LUV YA!
The bruise one was the best.
9.gif

Lubs ya back!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hell, I didn''t even know I needed you all until I found you.
Love this sentiment! And totally concur ...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2008 10:26:25 AM
Author: Ellen

In addition to the and legal medical ones, I''m also leary of the real estate ones that are like, ''I''m trying to do this transaction without a real estate agent, so any real estate agents out there pleaes help me.'' And I AM a real estate agent, and I DO want to help, and I TRY, but I being so far removed from the situation I know I don''t have the full story (or even a large fraction of it) and every goegraphic jurisdiction handles real estate differently, so unless you are in downtown Chicago and you are buying a property that I have actual knowledge of I should probably just close the thread SILENTLY and move on... but somehow I just can''t... and then I fret for days that I''ve provided information that won''t apply to the poster''s actual situation or given bad advice, even though my intentions are good.

(I am guilty of posting one or two medical ones myself, BTW. Oh, and I''m sure you are tired of hearing about and answering questions about The Demon too, LOL!)

About friends, I do have ''real'' friends (although many of you feel more real to me than people I deal with in person, and I''ve also been fortunate enough to make some of you personal, not just net, friends too) but I think I communicate more/better/differently on here about various things than I do IRL. Hell, I didn''t even know I needed you all until I found you. Bottom line, gals and guys, I LUV YA!
9.gif

Lubs ya back!
Oh I totally forgot about that one!

I was actually thinking of the one where I was having chest pains. Um, yes, CHEST PAINS, and I thought my most reasonable course of action was to seek advice from a bunch of random folks on the intenet rather than going to my docotor. Now THAT was a good idea!
20.gif

Thanks Deco!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you posted this thread, because I go through phases where I really want to say what I''m thinking... and every now and then I do. And then I feel horrible and guilty.

So knowing that everyone else has those thoughts sometimes too makes me feel less like an ogre.
5.gif

But I''ll keep trying to behave.

And not just because I''m terrified of SKIPPY THE ASSASSIN!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 10:26:25 AM
Author: Ellen
9.gif

Lubs ya back!
I totally agree!! OMG...*runs off to find link*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results