shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever have days....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
...when you don''t feel like giving constructive advice and comments? I am having one of those days. I obviously don''t post the replies, but here are some of the things I might say if I was a meany poster.

"Dumb"

"Get over yourself"

"He''s never going to marry you..."

"Take care of yourself, don''t expect a man too"

"None of ur dang business"

"Seriously, are you that deluded?"

"Pull the wool outta your ears and listen!"

Anyway, do you ever have days like this? What things do you refrain from saying???
31.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have only ever had one day where I actually posted things I shouldn''t have. And I felt so bad that I had to apologise the next day.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
This should go well.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 12:51:30 PM
Author: Maisie
I have only ever had one day where I actually posted things I shouldn''t have. And I felt so bad that I had to apologise the next day.
I just can''t bring myself to do it. Think of this as "the opportunity to say what you wanted to with out it being attached to an OP" thread

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t. I don''t normally think of nasty things to say. It never crosses my mind to say mean things when I read a post. That one day things got out of hand. It had been brewing for a while and I felt so awful afterwards.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, does every day count?

I'm kidding, but if you're anything like me, you have those thoughts about some posts every day. When I'm in a "mood", I just don't post at all. Other times I have to edit my posts multiple times before posting to weed out any negativity. Like Maisie, I easily feel guilty.

Just this morning my sister called to tell me she wants to get rid of a kitten she adopted last week and I was annoyed at her irresponsibility and called her an idiot--so I have those days IRL as well, though it's much easier to bite my tongue on an online forum (ah, the joys of editing!) than in person.

ETA: Sometimes I read my OWN posts and think those things
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I do Iwanna. I don''t answer and I refrain by biting my tongue or shutting off my computer, tee hee.

There is a poster who is an assassin as far as I am concerned.
14.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 12:47:16 PM
Author:iwannaprettyone
...when you don''t feel like giving constructive advice and comments? I am having one of those days. I obviously don''t post the replies, but here are some of the things I might say if I was a meany poster.

''Dumb''

''Get over yourself''

''He''s never going to marry you...''

''Take care of yourself, don''t expect a man too''

''None of ur dang business''

''Seriously, are you that deluded?''

''Pull the wool outta your ears and listen!''

Anyway, do you ever have days like this? What things do you refrain from saying???
31.gif
You''re funny. Yes! I think we all have days where we have to think twice before we reply to people. I used to post pretty frequently to a moms board, and I was having a bad day and went OFF on one of the other women because she was whining a LOT, and I was really tired of it... and I think that day should have been one of the days I said... maybe I should refrain? haha!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 12:58:43 PM
Author: Linda W
Yes, I do Iwanna. I don''t answer and I refrain by biting my tongue or shutting off my computer, tee hee.

14.gif
It''s Skippy, isn''t it?!
9.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
i honestly don''t think that i have ever thought that anyone''s post was "dumb" and that their SO was never going to marry them and that they should get over themselves.. who am i to everr judge. no one knows enough of the back story to make those judgements.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:01:26 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady

14.gif

9.gif

yes, she is the worst of them all, ha ha ha. I love our skippy
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yes, every once in a while I do read something and think to myself "Holy Dumbf*ck Batman"... but then I close that thread and move on...
12.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:08:45 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh, yes, every once in a while I do read something and think to myself ''Holy Dumbf*ck Batman''... but then I close that thread and move on...
12.gif

ha ha ha ha ha Dee, you crack me up.

Linda

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, never. Every thought that enters my mind is as sweet as summer fruit.

9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes, I do Iwanna. I don't answer and I refrain by biting my tongue or shutting off my computer, tee hee.

14.gif
It's Skippy, isn't it?!
9.gif
lol.gif
LOL, I knew Linda was talking about me!!!!
9.gif
That made me laugh really loud NEL!

Love ya Linda and New England Lady, smooch! ehhe

eta: I have days like that Iwanna but I skip over those thread because it isn't worth it to me to say something; I do say things to friends in real life though.
37.gif
Plus I think others are better at giving constructive criticism; I honestly think it is only natural to feel that way from time to time though!
11.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto the "every day" answer!
3.gif
Honestly, I don''t think this thread has to take a turn for the attacking. I think its perfectly healthy to discuss frustration with repetitive or banal subject matter. We all read/reply for our own reasons ... and just like there are days when it seems like there''s no interesting news, or all bad TV or page after page of dull novel ... forums can sometimes be sources of headpoundingAIGH.

Which is why I ADORE TG''s avatar. Even now that its skinny again. Beeatch.
27.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:14:31 PM
Author: decodelighted
Ditto the ''every day'' answer!
3.gif
Honestly, I don''t think this thread has to take a turn for the attacking. I think its perfectly healthy to discuss frustration with repetitive or banal subject matter. We all read/reply for our own reasons ... and just like there are days when it seems like there''s no interesting news, or all bad TV or page after page of dull novel ... forums can sometimes be sources of headpoundingAIGH.

Which is why I ADORE TG''s avatar. Even now that its skinny again. Beeatch.
27.gif
I can put love handles on her if you like. It would be a more true representation of the poster. Some chins too...she needs some extra chins.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah. Every day. There are some posts I read and think, "Wait, you''re KIDDING, right? Nobody could possibly believe that." But then, I generally am like that IRL. And, unfortunately, I have fewer ways to stop myself IRL. I can''t just close the thread, you know? So I kind of get myself in trouble sometimes. It''s often why I like reading posts by our more straight-shooting posters, who call it like it is.

But really, the worst day I can think of was a year or two back, a girl I know kept getting her hopes up that her BF would propose, even though he kept talking about never getting married. It was a total ruse, and I could see right through it, and I wanted to shake her and say, "WHY would you want to marry somebody that LIES about something THIS IMPORTANT for the sake of a SURPRISE? It''s NOT WORTH IT." (And, meany that I''m being, I''ll admit to being relieved when that completely mis-matched couple broke off the engagement.)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

14.gif
9.gif
lol.gif
That was hysterical.

Yes, I have days, sometimes several right in a row. What I find myself saying most is, Can you read?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I often find myself getting very frustrated on the Around the World threads, but I try not to post in those cases. To quote Thumper from Bambi: If you can''t say somethin'' nice, don''t say nothin'' at all!

There are certain posters on the board who make me
38.gif
with some of their comments, but I feel that calling them out on bad behavior is really no better than them doing it in the first place. Besides, it''s not like it will make them change. One thing I''ve been trying to focus on lately is the idea that you can''t control anyone but yourself. As much as sometimes I''d like to.
9.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:28:36 PM
Author: Ellen

Yes, I do Iwanna. I don't answer and I refrain by biting my tongue or shutting off my computer, tee hee.

14.gif

It's Skippy, isn't it?!
9.gif
lol.gif
That was hysterical.

Yes, I have days, sometimes several right in a row. What I find myself saying most is, Can you read?

Hee! you guys are silly.
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:31:30 PM
Author: ladypirate
I often find myself getting very frustrated on the Around the World threads, but I try not to post in those cases. To quote Thumper from Bambi: If you can''t say somethin'' nice, don''t say nothin'' at all!

38.gif
with some of their comments, but I feel that calling them out on bad behavior is really no better than them doing it in the first place. Besides, it''s not like it will make them change. One thing I''ve been trying to focus on lately is the idea that you can''t control anyone but yourself. As much as sometimes I''d like to.
9.gif
That is sooooo TRUE!!

LOL, Ellen!
lol.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I was feeling like that today.

But then I took one of my extra strength ladies pills and now I''m feeling chipper.

Days like this happen a lot more on theknot.com than they do on here. Sometimes I feel like starting a post that says: just cause everyone else on the knot is doing b-pics that does not mean that you have to do them and then bore us with 50 shots of your rear in lace.

But I don''t cause then they won''t help me do my wedding stuff
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

38.gif
9.gif

LP, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Linda

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:36:22 PM

38.gif
9.gif

LP, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Linda
I totally agree, but hypothetically..........

How many of you have wanted to say:
~If you weren''t going to listen to us, why did you ask us in the first place?
~Have you read the tutorial information?
~Are you sure you want our opinion if mine is "What the heck were you thinking?!"
~DON''T MARRY HIM/HER!!!!
~Make up your mind already!!!!

Go ahead, add your own. You know you want to!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

* Yes, you''re being too picky! CRAZY-style picky.

* Forget the RING/engagement/counseling/strategies ... your guy is gay.

* Did you really think things were gonna change for the better AFTER the wedding?

* Bridezilla, thy name is YOU.

* Nope ... can''t see why they''d be "just jealous". CAN see why they''d hate you legitimately.

* Ebay or not ... how many ___ does one gal need?

5.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:56:37 PM

* Did you really think things were gonna change for the better AFTER the wedding?

* Nope ... can''t see why they''d be ''just jealous''. CAN see why they''d hate you legitimately.

5.gif
ROFL!!!! hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. cannot say that i have ever thought this.. but this is too frigon funny!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

* Nope ... can''t see why they''d be ''just jealous''. CAN see why they''d hate you legitimately.

5.gif

OMG Deco, you have me rolling here. Especially "your guy is gay. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Linda

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock

5.gif

OMG I am laughing soooooo hard.
11.gif

"Quit you''re whining"

"your bitchy hateful post has no effect on me"

"Lighten up"

"if you wouldn''t hound BF about a ring every 5 minutes and just shut up, maybe he''d ask you"

"be nice to your mother"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results