shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever have days....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 8:32:54 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Oh, the things I would say if I could...besides the obviously ''need to be censored as cursing'' ones would be''

''Did you eat a ginormous bowl of stupid for breakfast this morning?''

''Heehaw!!''

''Howler alert'' ala Harry Potter
3.gif

''I hope you don''t have plans to bear children'' <--------I know....so mean.....

Sheesh, I am in such a witchy mood today, that I can''t even think of clean responses. I don''t even want to be around myself today, it was that bad. I seriously need a new career.
OMG that is funny.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
"suck it up solider".

"that veil does not match, under ANY circumstance"

"I feel sorry for you boyfriend/FI/Husband/Parent/Child for having to put up with you.."

TG, you are right this is cleansing indeed.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
But I give free rein to Brides planning a wedding. Seriously, I would rather go through labor and give birth, over and over again. Going through that wedding planning process is tortuously mindbending, so I think a girl needs some serious slack in that area.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 8:54:37 PM
Author: miraclesrule
But I get free rein to Brides planning a wedding. Seriously, I would rather go through labor and give birth, over and over again. Going through that wedding planning process is tortuously mindbending, so I think a girl needs some serious slack in that area.
I concur, but it''s like that quote from "who''s wedding is it anyway"....he says, "some brides are crazy calling five of six times a day wanting to talk about a shade of peach".

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Stop asking stupid questions."

Do you ever see someone whose face you want to slap?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Hand over your hallucinogens....NOW!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 8:56:57 PM
Author: Harriet
''Stop asking stupid questions.''

Ahahahahaha, and it is very different feeling than a doctor slapping a baby''s behind.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock

35.gif
been missing u.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
And then, thanks to Freke, I have taken to walking out of my office after a frustrating conversation with a lawyer that admitted they just began practicing within the last six months....

GAH!

Said while I am pulling my hair out above both ears.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
"Step away from the keyboard"

"Your mother give you that mouth?"

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t that miraculous? I have people that have sent a letter overseas and they think they are an expert on international commerce. Um, not so much.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 9:01:30 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone

35.gif
been missing u.
Aw. I''m back but busy fighting that cruise line from the seventh circle of hell.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 5:45:24 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Sometimes:

''Did you read anything besides the title of the thread?''
''Did you read anything besides the title and the first post of the thread?''
(Those two usually want to come out on threads that are about 4 pages long.)

''Do you even know what you''re talking about?!''
Sometimes NO. Depending on what the OP says... I don''t want my first response to be effected by what everyone else says... so I post a reply right away, and THEN read... that way all they get is MY opinion, and not me chiming in on what everyone else said... KWIM?

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 7:46:37 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady

Date: 9/10/2008 7:08:49 PM
Author: TravelingGal
OK...

How about...

''God, you are really into yourself, aren''t you?''
Haha, I am SOOO guilty of that! I try to share my experience to show that I can relate, then when I reread my post I realize I''ve spent the whole post blabbing about myself. It''s annoying to even me.

See, I just did it
3.gif
Your ability to relate well to others is a charater QUALITY not FLAW! I am like that too... first thing that comes to mind is something I experienced that is similar... and when we share that, we are letting people know they are not alone in their little padded rooms
19.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 7:39:40 PM
Author: thing2of2
''Cuckoo! Cuckoo!'' (So it sounds like a cuckoo clock...me and my best friend love to do this in real life! But I always do it a little too loudly...)

Also:

''Isn''t high school age a little young to be getting married? Oh-you''re not in high school? I couldn''t tell.''
Like Jack Black on Shallow Hal! haha!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 10:54:15 PM
Author: LuckyTexan

''Cuckoo! Cuckoo!'' (So it sounds like a cuckoo clock...me and my best friend love to do this in real life! But I always do it a little too loudly...)

Also:

''Isn''t high school age a little young to be getting married? Oh-you''re not in high school? I couldn''t tell.''

LT, I loved that movie. It was funny wasn''t it?

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 10:59:12 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 9/10/2008 10:54:15 PM
Author: LuckyTexan

Also:

LT, I loved that movie. It was funny wasn''t it?
One of my all time fave''s!!! Being a somewhat plain girl... with a great personality... I related well to that movie!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am likely someone who has annoyed someone at one time or another...such is life, no? I hope not but I am sure I have. And people here have annoyed me a time or two as well. It is okay in the scheme as I am able to leave the computer if I wish.

I feel badly if someone is really struggling and cannot see what others might in a given situation. THAT I can deal with.

I CANNOT deal with some of the dramas that seem to be by the same people all of the time, those who like to chew on the same sh*t over and over and over...threads that just go on for pages and the most picayune crap is asked...as if we are all personally there to be travel agents, personal shoppers, therapists, cheerleaders, employment counselors, relationship advisors, real estate agents, wedding planners, jewelry designers,tailors, their source for EVERYTHING, ALL AT ONCE. Do some people not have lives or have friends out in the big world? And then NONE of the advice is ever good enough. Put a fork in me...off to another thread really fast. The self absorption is enough to make me scream (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRFFFFFGGGHHH).

I love coming here (10K posts would be a hint of that), there are things I can say here I might not reveal in life, like how I really feel about my sister or what not. It feels a bit safer and I can let it rip here and not have to talk about it too much otherwise. And I really appreciate the advice and comments given. I post some of my stuff but not all the time. But I have some balance about it, and I can weigh things in some sensible way (I hope).

So my answer to the question would be:

Are you THAT self absorbed that you think everything is all about YOU?

PS a blanket but sincere apology if I ever offended, or seemed preachy or anything...I think email makes it hard sometimes, but I just want to go on the record saying that! Cause I really am trying to help, in any way I can!

35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you are a wonderful person LT and I love reading your posts.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:11:15 PM
Author: diamondfan

I am likely someone who has annoyed someone at one time or another...such is life, no? I hope not but I am sure I have. And people here have annoyed me a time or two as well. It is okay in the scheme as I am able to leave the computer if I wish.

I feel badly if someone is really struggling and cannot see what others might in a given situation. THAT I can deal with.

I CANNOT deal with some of the dramas that seem to be by the same people all of the time, those who like to chew on the same sh*t over and over and over...threads that just go on for pages and the most picayune crap is asked...as if we are all personally there to be travel agents, personal shoppers, therapists, cheerleaders, employment counselors, relationship advisors, real estate agents, wedding planners, jewelry designers,tailors, their source for EVERYTHING, ALL AT ONCE. Do some people not have lives or have friends out in the big world? And then NONE of the advice is ever good enough. Put a fork in me...off to another thread really fast. The self absorption is enough to make me scream (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRFFFFFGGGHHH).

I love coming here (10K posts would be a hint of that), there are things I can say here I might not reveal in life, like how I really feel about my sister or what not. It feels a bit safer and I can let it rip here and not have to talk about it too much otherwise. And I really appreciate the advice and comments given. I post some of my stuff but not all the time. But I have some balance about it, and I can weigh things in some sensible way (I hope).

PS a blanket but sincere apology if I ever offended, or seemed preachy or anything...I think email makes it hard sometimes, but I just want to go on the record saying that! Cause I really am trying to help, in any way I can!

35.gif

Caroline!!! You are NEVER preachy, don''t you ever worry about that. You amaze me with your ability to offer intelligent advice to everyone. I can never thing of things to say at times and you always offer sound advice.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:56:37 PM
Author: decodelighted
How many of you have wanted to say:

* Yes, you''re being too picky! CRAZY-style picky.

* Forget the RING/engagement/counseling/strategies ... your guy is gay.

* Did you really think things were gonna change for the better AFTER the wedding?

* Bridezilla, thy name is YOU.

* Nope ... can''t see why they''d be ''just jealous''. CAN see why they''d hate you legitimately.

* Ebay or not ... how many ___ does one gal need?

5.gif

I am bookmarking this for when I am having one of those days!
Hilarious!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miss Linda, you are the nicest person! You just made my day!

And Skippy, you little assassin you! A double life, how exciting!
2.gif
3.gif
31.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

DITTO! The self-absorption really blows my mind.

And some of the questions that get asked on PS blow my mind, too! I mean, you don't need to post every question that pops into your mind, ya know?! Especially the super specific ones, like medical stuff. I'm just like "You're coming to a DIAMOND WEBSITE for medical advice?!! Go to a doctor!" (Obviously some people have but want to compare notes, etc., which I totally get, but I've seen a few where I'm like
23.gif
)!

ETA: dfan, you never sound preachy!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:17:36 PM
Miss Linda, you are the nicest person! You just made my day!

And Skippy, you little assassin you! A double life, how exciting!
2.gif
3.gif
31.gif

biggyhug.gif
For you Caroline. I finally figured out how to use these dang things. tee hee.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing, I hear ya. Sometimes it is nice to know someone else has what you have, just makes you feel better.

But the people who just cannot find their way out of a paper bag, those who will keep asking just the most inane questions about drivel...UGH. I think, REALLY? You live in a big city and expect total strangers to assist you with all of these details, and then none of the responses pass muster?

The other thing that bugs me is people who lie or are totally disingenuous. Euww, I hate phony stuff so that irks me beyond. I am what I am, I have what I have, it is not to best anyone or be superior.

One question though...what is the purpose of a troll? I know they exist but never quite could get WHY they bothered. i.e. what they gain by posting bs stuff?

Linda, TEACH ME! I LOVE THOSE!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock

35.gif
I don''t... circumstances being what they are I haven''t made any friends in the ''real world'' since I moved to Texas... in California I had great friends... but since coming here things have just not been optimal to set up a social circle! I''m working on it though!
16.gif

I have made some really good friends online, and they are my security blanket I think! I''m fulfilled emotionally by them, and I think it''s become a crutch! I really DO need to get out more often! LOL!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky, I think you are great, and I somehow think pretty soon you will be overflowing with pals!

I moved to PA from California and it was so hard, knew not a soul. 11 years later (and no it did not take that long!!!) I am so happy here I hardly miss L.A. at all, and I lived there for 32 years!!!!

You seem like a doll, and being in a new place can be so hard. Meeting people through your kids works great though!!!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:11:29 PM
Author: Linda W
I think you are a wonderful person LT and I love reading your posts.

Linda
Awe thanks! I have to admit I always get a little happy inside when I see your glowing pink diamond avitar...
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LT, I know what you mean about moving away. Even though we live one hour out of San Francisco, all of our friends live in the Bay Area.

We have lived here for 23 years and I still don''t have any close friends here. There aren''t really any my age. When we do get together, we drive to the Bay Area, or they drive up here.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results