shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I should be receiving this pendant from JKT on Saturday.

pendantf41.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo I was browsing litnon (per usual) and I saw a ruby cab. Its pretty darn red let me tell you! Its unheated, from Burma. I don''t really dig faceted rubies all that much, but really love the cabs. Does look to me like a drop of blood (that could be a bit gross for some but well...I''m weird like that)

Here''s the vendor pic for now, can''t wait to see it in person!
36.gif

arcsruby.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
These Oregon Sunstone Briolettes with intense schiller and the smooth drops with schiller "feathers" are on their way to me from etsy seller sparklequest. I had the seller cap all of them in 14k yellow gold. The small brios are for earrings, and the larger ones for a pendant set. I love sparkly sunstone, and hope these are as nice as they look to be.

Oregonsunstonesparklequest2.jpg

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 11:28:39 PM
Author: Cind11
I should be receiving this pendant from JKT on Saturday.
wow! looks awesome! i''m often stumped on how to put together more than one stone in a piece. this is a cool way to combine them.

i''ve been quiet lately as my aqua cab project is on hold (the relevant baby may not arrive until april and the price of gold is crazy now anyway...) i''m biting my nails waiting for 2 inexpensive stones to come back. i''m trying something new with a local fabricator and i''m keeping my fingers crossed that it works out ok. it''s a cheap project but the benefits of having someone good to work with on more complicated projects would be huge. plus i''m waiting for my previously injured green sapphire to come back from its recut journey. hopefully i will have them in hand tomorrow and will take pics this weekend.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased this stone today!
31.gif
I don''t own a sunstone or a square cut so I needed this stone...

STONE: Sunstone
WEIGHT: 1.47 Cts.
CUT: Fancy Square Brilliant
DIMENSIONS: 6.76 mm
ORIGIN: Oregon, U.S.A.
COLOR: Pink-Orange
CLARITY: Very Good (Intentional Schiller Streaks)
TREATMENT: None
CUT BY: Cindi
COMMENTS: A very pretty Oregon sunstone with great clarity and some streaks of copper schiller visible in the crown.

2010-03-19 sunstone-djstair.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone. And a wonderful cut.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 11:44:23 PM
Author: brandy_z28

31.gif
I don''t own a sunstone or a square cut so I needed this stone...

COMMENTS: A very pretty Oregon sunstone with great clarity and some streaks of copper schiller visible in the crown.
Brandy - that gem stole my heart when Dan posted it yesterday
30.gif

I''m SO happy it went to such a loving home. Can''t wait to see what you do with it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 11:44:23 PM
Author: brandy_z28

31.gif
I don't own a sunstone or a square cut so I needed this stone...

That stone should be stunning. From what I've been reading, they are mining some nice Oregon sunstone lately, so I'm expecting to see more fine stones coming along. Such pretty material.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I picked up this finished ring from the jewelers yesterday. It is a Loliondo spess sourced, although not cut, by Dana at Mastercut Gems and set into a 14k white gold LOGR bagette setting. Orange is not one of my favorite colors, but after seeing this stone in person, I am beginning to understand all the fuss. A very nice orange color, and a flashy stone. Here it is blazing away in direct sunlight, but it looks great indoors as well. I''m becoming a fan.
1.gif

SpessRing9374.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks crasru and Fly Girl!

Kunzite, I too fell head over hills and had to have it the moment I saw it. Thank you!

I'll make sure to post pics when I get it.
1.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 3:35:58 PM
Author: Arcadian
Soooo I was browsing litnon (per usual) and I saw a ruby cab. Its pretty darn red let me tell you! Its unheated, from Burma. I don''t really dig faceted rubies all that much, but really love the cabs. Does look to me like a drop of blood (that could be a bit gross for some but well...I''m weird like that)

Here''s the vendor pic for now, can''t wait to see it in person!
36.gif
Please post pics when you get it Arcadian!
1.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 4:06:57 PM
Author: Fly Girl
These Oregon Sunstone Briolettes with intense schiller and the smooth drops with schiller ''feathers'' are on their way to me from etsy seller sparklequest. I had the seller cap all of them in 14k yellow gold. The small brios are for earrings, and the larger ones for a pendant set. I love sparkly sunstone, and hope these are as nice as they look to be.
Those look very nice!
36.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 3:25:06 PM
I picked up this finished ring from the jewelers yesterday. It is a Loliondo spess sourced, although not cut, by Dana at Mastercut Gems and set into a 14k white gold LOGR bagette setting. Orange is not one of my favorite colors, but after seeing this stone in person, I am beginning to understand all the fuss. A very nice orange color, and a flashy stone. Here it is blazing away in direct sunlight, but it looks great indoors as well. I''m becoming a fan.
1.gif
Will you be taking more pictures of your spess ring Fly Girl? I''d love to see more!
30.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brandy, that sunstone is SO pretty!
Flygirl-I love that orange! Very flashy!

Michael will have Chrysoberyl rough later this week to look at and pick from, so that will be interesting! He said he''d put a red arrow by the piece he thinks is best, so that makes my decision really easy haha! I got a quote from Sally on making a wedding band, so I have some decisions to make there..it won''t be till probably summer anyway, so I''ve got time to figure it out.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I have a new (to me) ring on it''s way to me... a Victorian double snake ring. I thought it was pretty nifty looking. Vendor pic attached.

t780801417.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 9:34:10 AM
Author: Kismet
I have a new (to me) ring on it''s way to me... a Victorian double snake ring. I thought it was pretty nifty looking. Vendor pic attached.
That is too cool Kismet! Very interesting piece.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous sunstone!!

Kismet, I love that snake ring. Snakes are so not my thing but that is really stunning. Can''t wait to see hand shots!

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
1.gif

Are they tapered baguettes or just straight ones? Because I am looking on buying a setting like it but teh baguettes are straight and I am not sure If I like it.

The ring is lovely by the way!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 8:38:49 PM
Author: lasscreative

1.gif

Are they tapered baguettes or just straight ones? Because I am looking on buying a setting like it but teh baguettes are straight and I am not sure If I like it.

The ring is lovely by the way!
Tapered. And, thank you.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Ayeeeeeeeeeeee! I need to stop looking at stones. My hubby might hurt me if I continue buying like I have.
6.gif

Special Red Color! Bright Burmese Spinel 1.61ct GLI
Origin: Myanmar (formerly Burma)
Weight: 1.61 carats
Size: 6.3 x 5 mm deep
Clarity Slight natural inclusions barely visible under close inspection. Faces up all but eye clean.
Cut: Stepped round facet. No window!
Color: Rare bright Red!
Treatment: None guaranteed natural color!
Note: This is a bright Burmese Spinel with special bright red color! Slight natural inclusions and native cut but still a very pretty gem and a great candidate for re-cutting.

burma spinel gemline 34586.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool ring Kismet!

Brandy-that red is beautiful!

Michael sent a picture of the rough today and will be cutting it later when he gets a little caught up w/his other projects! I''m excited to see it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 7:11:55 PM
I have these 4.58 tcw 9 x 7 matching oval rubellite cabs on their way to me from Barry at AC Stones. Barry found them at the recent Tucson gem show and says they caught his eye and have an outstanding pinkish red color. They certainly caught my eye when they showed up on his web site. I figure if Barry thinks they are outstanding, they will be awesome. I plan to make them into earrings.
1.gif
I picked up my rubellite earrings from the jeweler yesterday. They are lovely The vendor photo of the cabs is near the bottom of page 43 of this thread. Here is an ear shot. The cabs are bezel set in 18k yellow gold with open backs. I love the size and color. Barry does have a great eye for beautiful stones.

earshotrubellitecab9452.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh they are very lovely! What mm are they, if you don''t mind indulging Mrs. lazy bones here who doesn''t want to click back to the page you mentioned and look..They''re a perfect size!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2010 11:46:26 PM
Author: packrat
oooh they are very lovely! What mm are they, if you don't mind indulging Mrs. lazy bones here who doesn't want to click back to the page you mentioned and look..They're a perfect size!
Thanks, packy. The stones are 4.58 tcw 9mm x 7mm matching oval rubellite cabs. I brought forward the post from page 43 into the post above, so you only needed to click back if you wanted to see the vendor photo. But, to make it even easier, I'm attaching the vendor photo to this post.
2.gif
Now, no need to click back at all.
9.gif

BTW, Barry says he has another set of rubellite cabs, but they are a bit smaller than these.

t6414g1073.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I ordered this 8.75 cts., 20x11mm oval cabochon of untreated Bisbee turquoise from Barry at ACStones (the stone on the left). Link Barry says that while his photo of the stone looks green, it is actually blue. For those of you not familiar with Bisbee turquoise, I found a picture of Bisbee blue turquoise and posted it to the right. The matrix in Barry''s stone is pyrite. I''m looking forward to seeing Barry''s cab in person later this week. The stone was cut many years ago by the late Richard Sieg.

BisbeeCompares.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2010 11:51:45 AM
Date: 3/27/2010 11:46:26 PM

Author: packrat

oooh they are very lovely! What mm are they, if you don''t mind indulging Mrs. lazy bones here who doesn''t want to click back to the page you mentioned and look..They''re a perfect size!
Thanks, packy. The stones are 4.58 tcw 9mm x 7mm matching oval rubellite cabs. I brought forward the post from page 43 into the post above, so you only needed to click back if you wanted to see the vendor photo. But, to make it even easier, I''m attaching the vendor photo to this post.
2.gif
Now, no need to click back at all.
9.gif

BTW, Barry says he has another set of rubellite cabs, but they are a bit smaller than these.

t6414g1073.jpg

Bwhahaha so..I just needed to *read* like a good girl to see the size?? Duh what a dork..haha I scrolled back up and I''m like GOH I looked right at it! Thanks for bringing it to my attention tho!

And hey, don''t think I don''t know what you''re doing Ms Barry has another set of cabs!
31.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s JKT''s sketch for my peridot.

jktperidotgrass.jpeg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so many new projects!
36.gif
I''m loving all of these...

ooooh Red! that is a beautiful sketch! and profile of that ring is incredible!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally sent my spinel off, it''ll still be another 2 months or so before I get it back into my hands, but I''m still excited!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results