color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great projects everyone!
36.gif

I''ve made a decision on a blue spinel. I know y;all are going to think I''m crazy considering the last one, however, this one is lighter than the last, and also has less gray in it too.

There''s a little gray but not enough to drive me nuts. And its a blue I can live with. It had better not die on my hand though (I will freak!!
29.gif
)

2.98ct cushion I should get it in ....2-3 weeks maybe?

-A

arcbluespinel.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love that colour artemiss - beautiful ring :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous tourmaline MakingTheGrade :) I love it paired with yelow gold

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that is a fabulous red colour spinel brandy_z28.. !

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
wow - this thread has moved a lot since I looked at it last - just one more update

redfaerythinker - that is a fabulous sketch for your peridot! I cannot wait to see it completed :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings and stone purchases everyone!

I haven''t posted much recently but will be starting on two ring projects with Etsy seller PMGART.

Mahenge spinel from Precison Gem.

Indicolite tourmaline from Gemline.

34510.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 2:20:48 AM
Author: Lovinggems

I haven''t posted much recently but will be starting on two ring projects with Etsy seller PMGART.

Lovinggems, Both stones are lovely!
What are the stats on both stones?
Did you get the Mahenge from Gene recently? He seems to be v. busy lately so I''m still on a waiting list for a little Mahenge beauty..

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 3:00:53 AM
Author: virgoruby

I haven't posted much recently but will be starting on two ring projects with Etsy seller PMGART.

Did you get the Mahenge from Gene recently? He seems to be v. busy lately so I'm still on a waiting list for a little Mahenge beauty..
Thanks Virgoruby

I bought the spinel 2-3 months ago and the tourmaline about 1 month ago. I was on the original spinel waiting list from last year, I actually gave up on ever getting a Mahenge spinel from Gene and bought one from Swalagemtraders. However, I really like the look of Gene's wife's sapphire ring which was a skinny oval with pointy ends, so when the skinny oval spinel became available I was lucky enough to get it.

Stats:
Pink Spinel: skinny oval, 1.52 cts and measures 8.39 x 5.61 mm.
Indicolite Tourmaline: round, 1.36 cts and 7 x 4.7 mm deep.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 3:19:28 AM

Did you get the Mahenge from Gene recently? He seems to be v. busy lately so I''m still on a waiting list for a little Mahenge beauty..

Thanks Virgoruby

I bought the spinel 2-3 months ago and the tourmaline about 1 month ago. I was on the original spinel waiting list from last year, I actually gave up on ever getting a Mahenge spinel from Gene and bought one from Swalagemtraders. However, I really like the look of Gene''s wife''s sapphire ring which was a skinny oval with pointy ends, so when the skinny oval spinel became available I was lucky enough to get it.

Stats:

I love Gene''s wife''s marquis shaped, unheated ruby/sapphire ring as well - it''s so beautiful & the stone is nearly 3ct!

Your Mahenge is equally beautiful, with intense hot pink (& it''s a good size too)... I can''t wait to see it set.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 5:32:21 AM

Date: 4/10/2010 3:19:28 AM

Thanks Virgoruby

I bought the spinel 2-3 months ago and the tourmaline about 1 month ago. I was on the original spinel waiting list from last year, I actually gave up on ever getting a Mahenge spinel from Gene and bought one from Swalagemtraders. However, I really like the look of Gene''s wife''s sapphire ring which was a skinny oval with pointy ends, so when the skinny oval spinel became available I was lucky enough to get it.

Stats:

I love Gene''s wife''s marquis shaped, unheated ruby/sapphire ring as well - it''s so beautiful & the stone is nearly 3ct!

Your Mahenge is equally beautiful, with intense hot pink (& it''s a good size too)... I can''t wait to see it set.
Oh dear I''m very silly calling the marquise sapphire an oval with pointy ends.
23.gif

Mine is half the size but all of Gene''s stones are mostly lovely.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 5:40:13 AM

23.gif

It''s a very good explanation of the shape though.
2.gif

Anyway, I''ve got a small confession to make... I am currently waiting for a stone from Precision Gem to come through the post...
It''s a green/blue tourmaline in a royal asscher, 2.06 ct., 7.12 mm.

Gene mint tourm1.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo..so you''re the one who bought that yummy asscher!! I''m so jealous! I hope you take lots of pics!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 6:12:55 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Oooo..so you''re the one who bought that yummy asscher!! I''m so jealous! I hope you take lots of pics!

When Gene offered me the stone, I just had to have it... I just got so excited about it, I forgot to ask the usual questions re colour, e.g. saturation, any grey modifier, whether it holds its colour in different lighting conditions etc etc... I hope I love the stone..
4.gif

I promise I''ll take lots of pics when I get it.
2.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 6:34:49 AM

Date: 4/10/2010 6:12:55 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade

When Gene offered me the stone, I just had to have it... I just got so excited about it, I forgot to ask the usual questions re colour, e.g. saturation, any grey modifier, whether it holds its colour in different lighting conditions etc etc... I hope I love the stone..
4.gif

I promise I''ll take lots of pics when I get it.
2.gif
Beautiful stone virgoruby, I''m pretty sure you won''t be disappointed with your choice.
30.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VR, I think you''re really going to love that stone. I remember when Gene showed some of the afgan rough and one about that color really stood out...can''t wait to see your pictures!
36.gif

-A

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Zowie!
VR that''s some crazee fantastic stone! Such great depth of color and space!
Mine just JUST came, postman rang as I was looking at yours, so maybe yours will come today too!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2010 6:10:19 AM
2.gif

Anyway, I''ve got a small confession to make... I am currently waiting for a stone from Precision Gem to come through the post...
VR,
Gorgeous colour!!!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lovinggems, Arcadian, VL and Chrono!
I''ve never owned an asscher, so I am really excited about getting the perfectly faceted specimen.

VL, I still haven''t received my package, as I live on the other side of the pond...I hope I will get it by end of next week though..
Soooo, did you get the tanga garnet, or did you ask Gene to cut something for you? We need to see pics, please!

Btw, how are you getting on with faceting rough stones? I really do admire your courage & creativity!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Sorry double post

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Oh this is where I should have posted this. Sorry for doubling, but I am learning my way around slowly.
So this is from Gene Precision gem a malaya garnet from kenya 3.97 ct. It has been on his website a while with no good reason. It was beautifully photographed and still way better in person. Should have been snapped right up! Good for me it wasn''t but don''t say you didn''t have a chance! It is sunny in nyc today and the stone is mesmerizing.

kenyaspazzzz.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

23.gif

2.gif

Well Vigor, I''m officially jealous.
11.gif
You first got the powder blue spinel for so cheap (I doubt I''ll ever see one like that from Swala again, for that price), and now this. You better take pictures!!!
2.gif

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I know there was a recent thread about storage systems for gems, but I can''t seem to find it so I''m putting this here. I keep these and some other things (including thread) in this antique spool cabinet.

mercerizedstar.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TL, I thought the colour was amazing, but it''s so reassuring to know that the coloured stone experts on this forum think the same.

VL, your malaya garnet is beautifu & the spess rough has such a glowy intense orange colour!
And I looove your antique cabinet! It''s so cool!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock

23.gif

2.gif

Stone twin! I''m so happy that a PSer bought that stone so now I can see more pictures! I know you''re going to love it... photos don''t do these stones justice and yours looks a LOT like mine so I know you''ll be thrilled.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Redfaerythinker, I looove your cuprian & I hope mine looks as good as yours IRL.
2.gif

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t had time to take photos, but I am really enjoying my James Meyer ring set with a tsavorite from Precision Gem. The workmanship is terrific and the tsavorite, which was a little light on its own, looks incredible (if I do say so myself...).

jamesmeyer_precisiongem_tsav_rgwg_1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Tsavvy, that ring is gorgeous! I''d totally be enjoying it too.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tsavvy, thats is a gorgeous ring!
30.gif
lovely!!

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring tsavvy!!! More pics more pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results