color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2010 11:45:47 PM
Author: Cind11
I received this stone from Gene on Friday. After I saw Virgoruby''s asscher I emailed him to ask if he had any rough that looked similar. I needed a round though since I have a particular Sally setting in mind. I really like the color of this tourmaline. Haven''t gotten around to taking any of my own photos.

Beautiful. Do you have specs on it?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cind---gorgeous Tourm!

I''m about to ship the mint peridot asscher out to get set as a gift from my pretty awesome husband for my birthday! Yay!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 12:29:03 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 4/18/2010 11:45:47 PM
I received this stone from Gene on Friday. After I saw Virgoruby''s asscher I emailed him to ask if he had any rough that looked similar. I needed a round though since I have a particular Sally setting in mind. I really like the color of this tourmaline. Haven''t gotten around to taking any of my own photos.

Beautiful. Do you have specs on it?
Thanks. It''s 2.25 cts. and 8.10 mm.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 1:47:31 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Cind---gorgeous Tourm!

I''m about to ship the mint peridot asscher out to get set as a gift from my pretty awesome husband for my birthday! Yay!
Thank you! Shipping your stone to whom?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
My last project from NY arrived - pair of rubellites from Bob Kast set into earrings.

IMG_1594-1.JPG

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I loooooove those earrings! So gorgeous!

In other news... my cuprian tourmaline has been fixed... but I can''t pick it up until next Saturday.
39.gif
39.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 11:32:53 AM
Author: cellentani
My last project from NY arrived - pair of rubellites from Bob Kast set into earrings.

those earrings are gorgeous! a perfect raspberry colour

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous earrings, cellentani! Love the color of those rubellites!
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am eagerly awaiting this
9.gif
:

arcorangechalcedony.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh those earrings are gorgeous and that cab ohhh boy the color is amazing!

I sent Sally an email about the opal and doing a pendant in silver. I asked if the 999 is an option.

Michael said he had a couple hours work left of the center stone and hopefully there will be pictures tomorrow night!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Those earrings are beautiful! Where are the settings from?

I am having my tsavorite set by whiteflash, and my aquamarine set by Vatche. Have to wait for about a month though.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 10:24:40 AM
Date: 4/20/2010 1:47:31 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Cind---gorgeous Tourm!

Thank you! Shipping your stone to whom?
I shall reveal all when I get it back! I''m excited, the goal is for the stone to SHINE!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2010 1:16:10 AM
Author: yingh
Those earrings are beautiful! Where are the settings from?

I am having my tsavorite set by whiteflash, and my aquamarine set by Vatche. Have to wait for about a month though.
I can''t wait to see everyone''s projects!

yingh, I posted the vendor info (and a few more pics) for the earrings in my rubellite thread.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I picked up a couple of projects this week from my jewelers. First is a 35 ct Super Intense Electric Swiss Blue Topaz from Mastercutgems that I had set in 14k white gold. The chain is sterling for now. I''m thinking this big gemstone will give a lot of color and sparkle to my summer outfits. My parakeet posed for the ever popular pet-with-gemstone picture.
9.gif

Topaz9650withKeet.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Second is an Oregon Sunstone briolette suite from Rogue Lapidary in Medford, Oregon. They sell under the name sparklequest on Etsy. I have earring dangles, and two smooth drops and a facted briolette for pendants. The setting is 14k yellow gold. The brio in the neckshot is the same one as on the far right. I love, love, love the schiller of this material.
1.gif

OregonSunstone9666by2.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Great new additions everyone! I love all the eyecandy :) And the parakeet!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
very nice Fly Girl - I love briolettes and I''ll bet the schiller is stunning in sunlight!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I just started my first project with Sally. I have 10 small blue sapphire stones- maybe .05cts each. We are going to do my own version of D&T''s rose gold rope ring. I plan on having my ring without the rope- so it will look more finished and my sapphires will not be bezeled completely. It will be in 14k white gold. I''m debating asking her to throw in some diamonds in there too. I have some melee left over from a recycle project as well. I would add the diamonds to the flurish on the sides that will hold the sapphires. hmmm I will have to think about this. Now I just have to wait the 8 + weeks till the ring is done...bummer
7.gif

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I have this beauty on the way from Dan
30.gif

121big.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite, that one is a beauty! I would love to see pictures of it when you get it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2010 3:20:22 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Second is an Oregon Sunstone briolette suite from Rogue Lapidary in Medford, Oregon. They sell under the name sparklequest on Etsy. I have earring dangles, and two smooth drops and a facted briolette for pendants. The setting is 14k yellow gold. The brio in the neckshot is the same one as on the far right. I love, love, love the schiller of this material.
1.gif

Flygirl, I just love your style! (and your parakeet!)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Should be on their way to me this week. Each amethyst is 9mm, set in Plat.

star shaped amethyst earrings5.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 9:02:09 PM
Author: Arcadian
Am eagerly awaiting this
9.gif
:

YUMMM!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, I''m looking forward to seeing your pics of that!
30.gif

stepcutnut - wow! 9mm is some serious ear coverage, lol! Love that shade of purple!

ruffysdad

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Acadian,

What kind of cab is that? The color just blows me away.

I''m bouncing off the walls today while I wait for Fedex to bring me a 39ct rough spessartite. Was afraid first that the volcano would screw up delivery then the Fedex facility in Memphis got hammered by the weather but it''s supposed to be here anyway. Thanks in advance to all those great Fedex people
emteeth.gif
!

Pete

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 8:30:06 AM
Author: stepcutnut
Should be on their way to me this week. Each amethyst is 9mm, set in Plat.

Very unique.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Cellentani, those earrings are really pretty I love the color, yum!

Arcadian, that cab is so cool! I love that bright orange color. My mom loves orange too, she has some 60s vases that exact shade.

Fly Girl, very pretty!

Kunzite, beautiful stone :)

Stepcutnut, I love your new earrings, they’re fab! I hope you’ll post a picture of how they look on when you get them.

JKT helped me find a third cab for my stack ring project. It’s an oval blue tourmaline. I won’t see it until its set. I have to send Julia my tanz and tsav cabs tomorrow. Oh, and I need to get my emerald ring appraised :)

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
My acorn from Bespoke Gems is at the post office. The mail lady didn''t even knock on my door. :(

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a group shot of the stones I've received lately. I took these last night via lamp light after a hell of a flight back home...(thats such another thread), unfortunately no sun here today either. Its not the best picture, but gives good sense of colors. They're spot on for color.

The one I was expecting the most, the blue spinel unfortunately is extremely stubborn to take pictures though its amazing in person. I'm going to need real sun for that. You'll see what I mean when I post the pic.

Here's whats in the picture:

(back) 1.40ct trillion pink tourmaline
(left) 2.39ct oval green zircon
(center) 2.98ct cushion cut blue spinel
(right) 6.28ct round orange chalcedony
(right) 1.44ct oval orangish pink spinel
(right)2.20ct oval grayish lilac spinel
(front) 1.25ct round champagne zircon

Will take more pictures when I have more time.

P1020453.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
nice range of colors! What do you think of the green zircon - is it a little sleepy?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results