color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2010 9:20:13 PM
Author: Arcadian
Thanks all. Everytime I see it I just can''t believe how green it is.
37.gif
Its a true head turner. Dosen''t look like an emerald to me, but some have mistaked it for that. Whatevs, I turn those into educational moments
2.gif

-A
I''ve gotten that "is that an emerald?" too on my tsavorite ring. It''s funny how many people think these are emerald.

"No, it''s a garnet?"

"I thought garnets were red!!"

LOL!! Educational for sure.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T -- Very cool Sapph. and setting!

Arcadian -- Your ring came out great. I love the color!

Freke -- Nice set!

TFS all!!
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks guys! Ok I just received the BevK halo, and I must admit that this is my first halo, and I''m now a HALO loving gemstone gal
9.gif
I absolutely love the halo effect on gemstones. Just a nice frame for them beauties
30.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
And pictures would be.....

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2010 3:39:11 PM
Author: packrat
And pictures would be.....
probably won''t happen for a couple of days... I''ll try though, battery is dead, and I''m still sick and the kiddos are sick too
7.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, I thought you guys were starting to feel better-pictures can wait!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I can''t post the pic, I''ll post the link. I got what may be a decent star sapphire from SriLankaMall

Linky

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get it yet A?

That looks interesting. I''ve been browsing their stars, and I would be interested to hear what you think of them. They seem too well priced for the quality, so I''ve been heistant.

Okay, what color gold for this color change cushion spinel? I won a 7x7 LOGR legacy that it will fit into.

TLbluespinelcushioncc.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t gotten it yet. Only reason why I bothered was because it said transparent instead of translucent. and it was the bluest one they had. Luckily they took my best bid so I didn''t pay much. I might have it mid week. Currently talking to Amguy about a lovely lovely JRX ammy. Only thing I''m not enthused about is that its got a checker cut on top.

The Spinel looks very nice!

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 8:49:23 AM
I haven''t gotten it yet. Only reason why I bothered was because it said transparent instead of translucent. and it was the bluest one they had. Luckily they took my best bid so I didn''t pay much. I might have it mid week. Currently talking to Amguy about a lovely lovely JRX ammy. Only thing I''m not enthused about is that its got a checker cut on top.

The Spinel looks very nice!

-A
Thanks Arcadian,
And it''s not as grey as it appears in the left picture. I just am at a quandry at what gold color to pick with this one.

I hope the star sapphire turns out nice.

I wouldn''t turn away a nice amethyst because it''s checkerboard cut. While I also dislike checkerboard cuts, I feel they do a lot for amethyst. Amethyst have such a low RI, it breaks up the light nicely. I have a Zambian amethyst with a checkerboard on all planes of the gem, and it''s really pretty. Here''s a photo.

TLzambianamethyst4.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 9:47:03 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

I wouldn''t turn away a nice amethyst because it''s checkerboard cut. While I also dislike checkerboard cuts, I feel they do a lot for amethyst. Amethyst have such a low RI, it breaks up the light nicely. I have a Zambian amethyst with a checkerboard on all planes of the gem, and it''s really pretty. Here''s a photo.
Yup, I feel the same about checkerboard cuts, but that Zambian ammy has really nice color - love the red flashes!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that. I told him I wanna check it out. Having already seen the picture of it and salivating, Its worth checking out because its been on my list for a while. Its a 3ct stone, so small enough for an everyday ring. the 7ct one he's got up on ebay? just a smidge too big...lol

For your spinel, my preference is white gold. To me, the stone looks like steely blue, which IMO I like. I think the color change may also look better in white gold too.

If the star sapphire looks good I'll go with a silver setting for it as its not very big. TL, he's got one that I may actually go back for which is purplish black star sapphire. I have to admit, I like it mainly because of the unusual body color. The star looked to be ok, and it was considered translucent instead of transparent.

My own blue spinel project is in a bit of a holding pattern because admittedly, I'm scared of picking the wrong blue
38.gif

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a better picture of my blue spinel during the day. It goes deep purple at night.

I hope the amethyst turns out to be awesome! Can''t wait to see that star sapphire too!

TL230spinelday1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 9:51:43 AM
Author: cellentani

Date: 2/6/2010 9:47:03 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Yup, I feel the same about checkerboard cuts, but that Zambian ammy has really nice color - love the red flashes!
Thanks Cellentani,
It''s actually a sunlight photo. It goes very blue in certain lighting conditions too, almost like a tanzanite.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah, I also bought yet another sphene
20.gif
I''m such a junky.

It will however be the greenest I own. I swear I''m not going to buy anymore (in the next few months...lol)

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 10:20:23 AM
20.gif
I''m such a junky.

It will however be the greenest I own. I swear I''m not going to buy anymore (in the next few months...lol)

-A
You''re the true sphene queen!! LOL!

Well, I don''t think there are any three step programs to stop buying sphene. Post lots of pics when you get it!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

I''ve been kind of quiet, because I''m focusing on getting my art work up and running again (and saving money.) But I wanted to share this gorgeous. I don''t know if anyone remembers the tourmaline that my husband gave me when I had my daughter, here is the thread but anyway, I had it reset by Sally and I''m in love with the result!

I will post more when I have it. Can''t wait.

avaringfromsally.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 2:01:50 AM
Author: mariedtiger
Hi Everyone
35.gif

I''ve been kind of quiet, because I''m focusing on getting my art work up and running again (and saving money.) But I wanted to share this gorgeous. I don''t know if anyone remembers the tourmaline that my husband gave me when I had my daughter, here is the thread but anyway, I had it reset by Sally and I''m in love with the result!

mariedtiger you have some of the most interesting and beautiful pieces of jewelry! I can''t wait to see more pics of this one!
36.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 10:20:23 AM
20.gif
I''m such a junky.

-A
OOOHHHH! I can''t wait to see pictures of it! Do you have a vendor photo to give us a sneak peak?!
31.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MT, thats a lovely ring! what are the stones that make up the center of the flowers?

-A

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL -- LOVE your new spinel. I have no idea how I''d set it. Well OK I''d try it in WG because I really want a WG ring. But only after asking all the PSers.

A -- Do you have a thread with all of your Sphene in it? Could you post one?

Mariedtiger -- That setting looks very cool. Are the sidestones Tourm too?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian and Stone Hunter, I gave Sally free hands and she came up with rubies, I can''t wait to see them in person.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I bought a sapphire today on mastercut gems. I love the color, hopefully the cut is good and I''m hoping that the clarity won''t bother me too much. It''s a bargain, so we''ll see. What do you all think?

my sapphire!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 1:35:10 AM
Author: heraanderson
I bought a sapphire today on mastercut gems. I love the color, hopefully the cut is good and I''m hoping that the clarity won''t bother me too much. It''s a bargain, so we''ll see. What do you all think?

my sapphire!
That color is very pretty! I can''t wait to see your pictures :)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

Its gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE your taste in jewelry, you have so many fun and unique pieces!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Burberry girl
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone
35.gif

How unique and beautiful. Just wear it with care since it appears to sit high off the finger.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TL, I will, I hadn''t thought of that but it is high with the setting and the high crown. :)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been looking at sphenes for a while, and I think I finally found the one!! I''m always excited to get a new stone, but for some reason, I''m even more so with this one. I know it''s not everyone''s taste, but I figured some of you guys would understand!

GF 3.75 Sphene 2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results