shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really amazing looking cellentani!
30.gif

-A

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 3:01:26 PM
Author: Arcadian
30.gif

-A
Thanks Arcadian!

I forgot to mention that some of the facets are frosted - not something I usually like, but in this design, it seems to work well.

GL 5.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay! my richard homer sapphire bev k halo ring is on its way to me
36.gif
sneak peak Todd at Pearlman''s took these for me...enjoy!... I''ll post handshots next week
30.gif

Bevksapphirdt01.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif

bevkdt1gld3.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif

bevkdt1gld2.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T .... WOW!!!
30.gif

Thats an amazing ring
18.gif
I love the colors together!

-A

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian -- Cool Dana stone!

Sorry about your experience at that store. I think I would have lost my temper -- after all it''s a retail clerk acting snobby!! Yeah once upon a time I did retail sales, nothing wrong with the folks who do, unless they are snobby!

Cellentani -- LOVE your idea for those cool looking topaz stones. Please let us know what the labor on that''s gonna be. I think I''d hate to pay for custom...but maybe it won''t need to be custom.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
D&T - that''s a gorgeous ring, and I love BevK - the fine detail is always so perfect!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T,
Another gorgeous ring!! I love purple with yellow or rose gold. You did good!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Arcadian, Cellentani, TL - interesting about the stone, It actually photgraphs purple but really has quite a bit of pink to it (course that was when it was loose) we''ll see if it changes any when I get it on my finger.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gooorgeous!!! Can''t wait to see how it looks on your hand!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
wowza! I am definitely not keeping up- so many beautiful projects going on!

D&T your ring looks stunning- more pictures please!
9.gif
I''m sooo jealous that you get a lovely RH sapphire! must must must see more pictures!
41.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2010 4:31:28 PM
Author: cellentani

30.gif

-A
Thanks Arcadian!

I forgot to mention that some of the facets are frosted - not something I usually like, but in this design, it seems to work well.
I noticed that. Bob had done that with one of the peachy pink tourmalines I bought from him. I think its a lovely affect as its so subtle. (that stone is unfortunately unset, I think I may have to go with rose gold
40.gif
)

-A

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cellantini - lovely faceting on that white topaz!

D&T - That is one stunner of a combination, and I''ve always loved that setting!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I got my ring back from TC Jewelers. Kismet, I''ll be using them for sure when my own jeweler is away or backed up.(wow talk about very good at what they do!!!) I drooled in that store, so many lovely things in there. Plus they have absolutely great service.

That said, that ring came out perfect!

At packrats request, I took a few pictures after I put on my nail polish. Its Opi You don''t know Jacques! (yeah I know I should know the colors so much better, sorry packrat)

Its a neutral so should look good with any skintone, On me though it looks like chocolate milk. It its still a little wet though I have some quick dry on.

This stone is so green!
30.gif

-A

tsavfinishedgreengreengreen.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha I''ve been waiting for you! That ring looks amazing on you-I really like that setting a lot! Boy I dig that nail polish too..I need to toss out all my old stuff and get some new-I''ve not painted my nails in forever. (I used to wear all kinds of funky colors-yellow, mint green, teal, white, black..my dad always told me it looked like I had a disease..sigh)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2010 11:47:30 PM
Author: packrat
haha I''ve been waiting for you! That ring looks amazing on you-I really like that setting a lot! Boy I dig that nail polish too..I need to toss out all my old stuff and get some new-I''ve not painted my nails in forever. (I used to wear all kinds of funky colors-yellow, mint green, teal, white, black..my dad always told me it looked like I had a disease..sigh)
My husband tolerates my nail polish habit
12.gif
When I know I don''t have to meet with a brand new client I get kind of wild and funky and do whatever. This week I have to meet with a new client, so the color is much more subdued (well for me anyway..lol. I have 2 bottles of this color on reserve since I tend to go through bottles at warp speed. Its the only thing I hate having nails that grow so fast
38.gif

OPI has a bunch of colors (kind of expensive) but also look at Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear is really good stuff. It lasts through an entire week with a single topcoat. Sally Hansen''s colors has been the inspiration for a lot of my gem purchases lately
27.gif

This setting/stone combo really works well together. With the stone completely set, it just will not turn off even in a dark restaurant! I''m so tempted to blow my entire gem budget and get a pair for some earrings!!

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
That ring came out lovely!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been very absent lately (but still busy accumulating!) but I wanted to throw a couple pics up of some things I''m up to.

First up: fishtail setting to be set with Umba Garnet (this thing is magenta in real life, it''s extremely camera shy). Stone is from Peter Torraca. Setting is from 1934 or there abouts--it''s engraved with initials and 9-15-34. Which I think is awesome. It has 3 diamonds on each shoulder and is super dainty and beautifully delicate.

Garnet fishtail2 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another.

Garnet fishtail freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And something different. Beverly K halo that originally belonged to Loriken214, set with a pink tourmaline (that looks terrible in these pictures, but that''s in part due to it being taken with a blackberry). The three stones are: Light pink spinel (native cut), Darth Vader spinel from Dan Stair and the Umba Garnet that''s going into the fishtail.

Bev K with possible stones freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another pic. These stones may look familiar because I went through a similar problem a while ago...in this thread (better pics of stones!)

Anyway, those are a couple of things I''m working on at the moment!

Bev K with possible stones2 freke.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really like Beverly K's designs.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2010 4:31:28 PM
Author: cellentani

30.gif

-A
Thanks Arcadian!

Do you know if there is any way to contact her?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2010 9:49:42 PM
The color certainly won me over. It looks like it may have some orange flash which I think would be very cool.

One of my settings came in today (
emembarrassed.gif
) Its an LOGR that I had it upgraded to 18K No real reason, its just heavier. I like that. My normal jeweler is on vaca, so I went to my secondary place, Barmakian Jewelers...

Never again. (this probably deserves its own thread but whatever)

I walk in, asked for my normal sales person, they weren''t there. Ok no biggie, but the person that DID wait on me? he was an ass.

First and foremost, I told him good afternoon, he ignored that.

Ok so then after I showed him the stone and setting, he was like, well, I don''t know if we can set that. I told him the stone and the setting fit just fine (which they do) I also told him to please check with the master jeweler to be sure.

That should have been my clue right there because he copped attitude from the get go, it got even worse after that.

Basically the store was empty and you would have thought I asked him to perform brain surgery or something. He came back with 95.00.

I told him uh uh, no deal, its not that hard to set the darn thing as it fits the setting, and thats 45 over the normal fee.

He said, ''well I figured you couldn''t afford it anyway.''

WHAT THE HELL???
I almost got ugly but I kept my cool. I told the guy, you know what, don''t ever assume. Your company just lost my business.

he smiled and said ''have a nice day''

What a nasty buzzard...
29.gif

I certainly wasn''t dressed like a bum but even if I were, you don''t treat a customer that way.

Kismet had a place that she goes to, I''m going to give them a call tomorrow. Barmakians isn''t far from me but I won''t give my business to people like that.

At any rate I''ll post up a few pics in a bit.

-A

Beautiful ring. Beautiful nailpolish. It all looks great.
Some of people in this business are incredible. Rude or ...weird. Once I was yelled at at Ultra Diamonds. So...forget this clerk. Maybe he was PMS-ing.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 11:39:51 PM
So I got my ring back from TC Jewelers. Kismet, I''ll be using them for sure when my own jeweler is away or backed up.(wow talk about very good at what they do!!!) I drooled in that store, so many lovely things in there. Plus they have absolutely great service.

That said, that ring came out perfect!

At packrats request, I took a few pictures after I put on my nail polish. Its Opi You don''t know Jacques! (yeah I know I should know the colors so much better, sorry packrat)

Its a neutral so should look good with any skintone, On me though it looks like chocolate milk. It its still a little wet though I have some quick dry on.

This stone is so green!
30.gif

-A

I''m glad you liked TC Jewelers. They do have a lot of neat stuff for such a teeny store. The ring looks gorgeous! I was in there on Saturday dropping off my teeny demantoid and teeny alex to get set and a ring to be resized.

I don''t often read this thread so I went back to read your Barmakian''s story. What jerks! I hope you post that story someplace the general public will see it, like yelp.com or something.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke, thats going to be such a yummy ring.
30.gif
Thats a great combination.

crasru, Ultra Diamonds? LOL!!!! I visit maybe 2 mall stores anymore; Ross and Simmons and Tffanys. Its never to buy anything. I just scope them out for stuff (though R & S has a estate star sapphire ring in platinum I kinda want
emembarrassed.gif
)

Kismet, thanks for suggesting them! They have got a customer in me.

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian - I love the way your Tsav has come out (and it goes with the mocha nail polish)!

Freke - you should seriously be named the Queen of Spinel! Another lovely addition to your collection.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
arcadian, your tsav ring is lovely and looks especially great against your skin tone!
3.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all. Everytime I see it I just can''t believe how green it is.
37.gif
Its a true head turner. Dosen''t look like an emerald to me, but some have mistaked it for that. Whatevs, I turn those into educational moments
2.gif

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results