carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 8:48:28 PM
Author: packrat
Ohhhhh! I see now-duh, I scrolled back up and looked-sorry I didn''t pay attention to that! Will this one be the same size as the pink or smaller to nestle into the pink?
It will be a smaller piece, befitting both the smaller green cab, and my budget!
2.gif
We are thinking about 3/4 inch wide, or so.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool! They''ll look really pretty together! (well, and pretty apart too!)

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
This is not colored stone related, but very much colored stone-er related: D&T''s new e-ring is up in SMTR! No handshots yet, but lots of beautiful diamond and setting and, more importantly, a seemingly (and rightfully!) thrilled D&T! So for those of you who don''t go over there much, just a note.
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2010 11:34:23 AM
Author: Novel
This is not colored stone related, but very much colored stone-er related: D&T's new e-ring is up in SMTR! No handshots yet, but lots of beautiful diamond and setting and, more importantly, a seemingly (and rightfully!) thrilled D&T! So for those of you who don't go over there much, just a note.
9.gif
Novel- you are such a sweetheart
face23.gif
!!! by the way - send your BF my way! so I can have a few words with him
31.gif
11.gif
27.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
seriously still addicted here... this is coming in next week
36.gif
My Gary Portuguese 8mm peridot in Sally pillbox setting
36.gif

peridotpinktourm1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T,
Beautiful ring, and Gary did an excellent job on the cut. Congrats!!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2010 10:19:27 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
D&T,
Beautiful ring, and Gary did an excellent job on the cut. Congrats!!
36.gif
thank you TL like a green crispy apple
3.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
D&T, you continue to outdo yourself with each piece! Both the peridot and the diamond ring look lovely.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2010 10:58:10 PM
Author: jstarfireb
D&T, you continue to outdo yourself with each piece! Both the peridot and the diamond ring look lovely.
awww thank you sweetie!
5.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, D&T, that peridot is gorgeous! I think I''m in love with Portuguese cuts. Mmmm, yum.

And um, I will send him your way. But then he''d find out that I''m even more gem obsessed than I admit to, and that would be bad. Or at least really funny.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the peridot D&T!! Can''t wait to see more pics.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T that is a scrumptious ring!
18.gif

-A

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Busy day yesterday. Gave the go ahead to have the ruby pears from Mastercut Gems (Link to Rubies) set into bezel dangles, finalized the design and made the downpayment for a custom pendant made with Dana''s tsavorite cab (Link to Tsavorite), and I received these gorgeous ammy cabs in the mail from Dana (Link to Amethyst). The two smaller cabs match the larger one. I''m loving Dana''s Zambian amethyst. Stunning material. I''m thinking a pendant and matching earrings.

AmCabs8725_85.JPG

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring D&T.

Can''t wait to see your new projects FG!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you LG, Arcadian, Catmom !

FlyGirl- I love cabs and those are scrumptious, I''ve been lurking around for cabs, but never sure how to set them and how large I want to go, So all yours are so inspirational
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2010 11:47:50 AM
Author: D&T
Thank you LG, Arcadian, Catmom !

FlyGirl- I love cabs and those are scrumptious, I've been lurking around for cabs, but never sure how to set them and how large I want to go, So all yours are so inspirational
30.gif
Thank you, D&T, and you have some lovely pieces coming yourself.

Just wanted to add that what you are seeing the the 17 ct cab in the center picture above is an upside down reflection of the bare trees and snow outside my window. It is one gorgeous chunk of very clean ammy. I'm thinking simple gold bezels would suit these well.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
FlyGirl, these earrings at Sally''s would be gorgeous w/your Ammy''s! (minus the hearts tho I think) And a pendant to match...oooooo yes! ruby earrings

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2010 2:44:27 PM
Author: packrat
FlyGirl, these earrings at Sally's would be gorgeous w/your Ammy's! (minus the hearts tho I think) And a pendant to match...oooooo yes! ruby earrings
Beautiful earrings, packrat. Lot of gold there, though. I'll probably look for somewhat thinner (and lighter) bezels.

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
[start rant]

So the jewellers forgot to send my spessarite ring, so it sat around their office for a week, and then they declared it for the wrong amount, requiring taxes to be paid on it and a few extra days - so that cost an extra $220 AUD - ouch!

[end rant]

That aside, I'm told I should see it this afternoon or tomorrow - yay!!! The preliminary pictures look pretty good, too!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2010 10:17:29 PM
Author: Magenta
[start rant]

So the jewellers forgot to send my spessarite ring, so it sat around their office for a week, and then they declared it for the wrong amount, requiring taxes to be paid on it and a few extra days - so that cost an extra $220 AUD - ouch!

[end rant]

That aside, I''m told I should see it this afternoon or tomorrow - yay!!! The preliminary pictures look pretty good, too!
arrgggh--- that bites... sorry for all the mishap, but it''ll be almost over soon and in your hot little hands!

btw- how ya been? missed you around these parts lately

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 10:20:47 PM
Author: D&T
arrgggh--- that bites... sorry for all the mishap, but it'll be almost over soon and in your hot little hands!

btw- how ya been? missed you around these parts lately

I know! I keep waiting for the doorbell to ring! I've been pretty busy with uni, but it's finally over, and I get to graduate - yay! Currently having the fun of interviews and such - icky, but hopefully promising!

I still haven't got that citrine set - one stone at a time!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooo that''s a kind of hefty mistake on their part to your checkbook, Magenta! I hope it comes tomorrow so we can see pictures!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
I have it now, and I''ve got to say "WOW!!!"

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2010 10:13:13 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Busy day yesterday. Gave the go ahead to have the ruby pears from Mastercut Gems (Link to Rubies) set into bezel dangles, finalized the design and made the downpayment for a custom pendant made with Dana''s tsavorite cab (Link to Tsavorite), and I received these gorgeous ammy cabs in the mail from Dana (Link to Amethyst). The two smaller cabs match the larger one. I''m loving Dana''s Zambian amethyst. Stunning material. I''m thinking a pendant and matching earrings.
Amethysts!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2010 9:02:02 PM
Author: Magenta
I have it now, and I''ve got to say ''WOW!!!''
where''s the Pics
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just thought I'd share a few IRL pictures of my Portuguese cut peridot 8mm in sterling silver...

peridotdthw 007.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

peridotdthw 006.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
some size reference. I could get used to this size
30.gif
hmmmm...
27.gif

peridotdthw 003.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-looks great D&T! Good size too hehehe!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous greenness, D&T! I haven''t been much of a peridot fan, but I feel myself weakening when I see a lovely piece like that.
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results