color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 6:39:57 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
Arcadian- On my gosh that is beautiful and 3.90cts! I''m in love! Is that picture true to life? I just love your bright vibrant color choices that you make with gemstones! I can''t wait to see what you get next!

MTG- I love the setting! Is that rose gold? I never would have picked that but i just love the contrast. more photos please!
Very true to life and that was in dim lighting as the sun goes down like around 3:30 these days
20.gif
. Its crazy vivid in sunlight.

I don''t know how to set it though because I''m not familiar with kyanite. I''m guessing if I set it in a prong setting it will be ok. I wouldn''t bezel as its already a dark blue.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 6:48:41 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

A -- that stone is a beautiful color!!

MTG -- Beautiful!! Beautiful!! Beautiful!!

Thank you both for sharing.
21.gif
Very welcome!
9.gif

-A

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to share this picture of my pretty new Tsavorite cab from Mastercutgems, 2.78 cts. I had been thinking of making it into a ring, but the moment I unwrapped the paper I decided it would make a stunning companion pendant to this blacked silver and rose gold piece I had made earlier this year by local Minneapolis jewelry designer Emily Johnson. That is a raspberry garnet Barry Bridgestock cab in there with a tiny champagne accent diamond. I spoke to Emily yesterday and got her designer juices going. It will probably be a smaller piece in rose gold. I''m hoping I can afford all gold. We are waiting until after Christmas since Emily is swamped with orders at the moment.

TsaRaspPen8483.JPG

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
My ring''s about to be shipped
26.gif
so hopefully there will be pictures soon. Should be fun!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 4:36:10 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 6/30/2009 4:30:28 PM

Author: Stone Hunter

I spent months and months looking for a round peridot that I would love the color of and then I gave up. Someday I''ll find one.
how bout we help you look
31.gif

something this color? I love love love this, but both mine has a more yellowy presence which i still adore

This is beautiful. For a second, I thought it was a demantoid. It has so much fire.

peridotjeffwhitegem111.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I just heard from JKT! The mail gods are with me; my opposed bar tourmaline arrived! She''ll have sketches for me next week.... so excited!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Freke, if you''re around my lavender spinel *finally* arrived, only 18 days after leaving the US
6.gif
Was getting a lil worried there for a while -

but it''s here and it''s freakin gorgeous! It''s a 6.1mm round from Barry - here is his picture, which is very close to real life as usual.
The stone is a beautiful colour and so sparkly!
30.gif

I will have pics later today or tmw, so excited to finally have my violet/lavender spinel!
5.gif
36.gif

MVC-117Sg.jpg

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Haven''t read the whole thread - but had to say what a pretty spinel AJ -- looking forward to seeing your pics.

Love your tsav cab fly girl, and look forward to seeing plans for it - since I love the design of your raspberry garnet necklace
30.gif
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely spinel AJ! Can''t wait to see your pics!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou BA and Freke! I should have time for pics later this arvo..
5.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2009 1:23:41 AM
Author: arjunajane
Freke, if you''re around my lavender spinel *finally* arrived, only 18 days after leaving the US
6.gif
Was getting a lil worried there for a while -

but it''s here and it''s freakin gorgeous! It''s a 6.1mm round from Barry - here is his picture, which is very close to real life as usual.
The stone is a beautiful colour and so sparkly!
30.gif

I will have pics later today or tmw, so excited to finally have my violet/lavender spinel!
5.gif
36.gif
Beautiufl Spinel AJ!
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flygirl - I love your new cab. Any chance of more pics?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif

I''m wearing purple nail polish at the moment but that won''t ways be the case.

My regular guy wasn''t available so I went to Barmakian to have it set. They split the prongs because the darn stone is so big. That made the set a bit pricier than normal but they did a good job.

No real sun today, and its spitting snowflakes. My lightmeter went a little nuts because of the white house, and white snow.

Outside on the deck.

P1010263.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On hand. Personally I love the purple (just not with a green ring) All my inside hand shots were blurry so I''ll try again when there''s more consistant natural light.

P1010268.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one!

ringnbflys.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian! I''m loving this two tone
36.gif
Beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well , thought I''d share whats coming in a couple of weeks
36.gif
my asscher tourmaline finally set in yellow gold slider pendant by Sally

tourmalineasscher.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian, that ring is great! As is your nailpolish, but just not in combination
1.gif

D&T, I love the pendant! I always wonder about non-rounded size bezels, but that looks amazing!

And now my share... drawing from JKT! This is for the Precision Gem opposed bar cut tourmaline, to be a pendant for my little sister''s graduation. What do you guys think? I wanted simple and clean. She slimmed the bezel down for me, and I think I''m in love with it (for her. Not for me. Repeat inside head constantly: not for you, Novel!).

Jessie_pendant_drawing.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2010 3:10:59 PM
Author: Novel
Arcadian, that ring is great! As is your nailpolish, but just not in combination
1.gif

D&T, I love the pendant! I always wonder about non-rounded size bezels, but that looks amazing!

And now my share... drawing from JKT! This is for the Precision Gem opposed bar cut tourmaline, to be a pendant for my little sister''s graduation. What do you guys think? I wanted simple and clean. She slimmed the bezel down for me, and I think I''m in love with it (for her. Not for me. Repeat inside head constantly: not for you, Novel!).
Hey NOvel- how you been? I''m loving the sketch! and I like the extra details on the bottom... Once you get it back, I''m not sure how you can give it up
27.gif
but you sure are a sweet sister!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian -- WOW, that is gorgeous, especially with the two-tone gold!

D&T - I have the same response -- WOW, that is gorgeous! Sally does such beautiful work, I''m just fighting my fear of the shipping.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi D&T
35.gif
! I totally just lost my long message to you.. but the gist was, yup, I agree! Its going to be hard to give up! Which is why I''m going to have to talk to JKT or to Sally (does Sally do silver? - I think so...) to bezel set my small light colored sapphire, or I''m going to end up stealing this baby away! My sisters would so not be pleased, though.

Thanks, I''ve been good, just drowning in work. How you doing? And isn''t the bottom cute? Especially since its from two sisters for the third. We''ve always done a lot of three stuff....

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2010 3:14:12 PM
Author: fierypyropixy
Arcadian -- WOW, that is gorgeous, especially with the two-tone gold!

D&T - I have the same response -- WOW, that is gorgeous! Sally does such beautiful work, I''m just fighting my fear of the shipping.
Hey Fiery- Be brave sweetie.... send to Sally. I"ve sent quite a few stones off to her already and a diamond band as well, I was nervous I must admit but I am thrilled with her work and pricing is really hard to beat. Yep she does work in silver.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian, that is a gorgeous ring even with the purple nail polish!!!

D&T, love the pendant. The color is so yummy!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arcadian-hehe I dig the purple polish! That ring is amazing-the two tone really dresses it up, I love how it looks!

Novel, is Julia working on the pendant right now? I can''t wait to see it! I agree, I''d have a hard time gifting it to anyone but myself!

D&T-I was wondering what Sally was doing for you-it''s beautiful! Can''t wait to see neck shots! Argh this just makes me climb the walls for my ring!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T, thanks, and that slider is amazing!
36.gif
I can''t wait to see your pics of it! I love some of the paler more delicate colors and I wish I could wear them (they do not do well with my skin tone
39.gif
)

Thanks Novel! That pendant drawing is gorgeous!
30.gif
I think your sister will really love it!

Thanks fierypyropixy catmom, and packrat! The nailpolish is the color I want for my next amethyst
3.gif
This week I''ve been wearing it as a reminder to stop buying green stones! (it gets changed out for hot pink tomorrow though
2.gif
)

I also really love how the two tone dresses up the ring. (but also means it will not be a daily wear
39.gif
)

The next stone coming will be green
20.gif
But I will go with a much more basic daily wear setting for it.

Everyones projects really rock!
36.gif

-A

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love that pendant, D&T!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks bling addict and LD! The vendor pic is top center. I love the color, and I''m fine with the inclusions. It is, after all, a cabochon.

I was in the shop today to discuss a pendant design for the Tsavorite cab. I''d like it to be in rose gold, but one concern I have is that when we set the stone on a piece of rose gold, the pretty green color gets muddied more than I like. The designer suggested bezeling the stone in green gold, and using a green gold accent stripe, and having the rest of the piece in rose gold. I think that might work great. We are meeting again next Friday and she will bring along more samples of different colors of gold metals. The general design we are thinking about right now is an organic pear shape, slightly cupped, with the cab bezeled on the surface. A smaller, more golden version of the larger rhodolite pendant which is in blackened silver.
3.gif

TsavCollageMCG.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool pendant Fly Girl! For the new one, are you doing a small cab too, like in the pink/green one?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 8:25:24 PM
Author: packrat
Cool pendant Fly Girl! For the new one, are you doing a small cab too, like in the pink/green one?
Thanks, packrat. Just to clarify, the new green tsav cab is just sitting on my rhodolite-blackened silver pendant for the photo. I'm planning to have the same designer make a similar piece in rose gold for the green cab, which I could wear either alone, or paired with my current rhodolite piece. Here is a neck shot of that pendant photographed with a diamond pendant. (no, I don't actually wear these two pieces together.) More photos here Link

GarnetPend6163b.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh! I see now-duh, I scrolled back up and looked-sorry I didn''t pay attention to that! Will this one be the same size as the pink or smaller to nestle into the pink?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results