shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Gailey!!! Yes, that''s exactly what I''m starting to search for - I''m in LOVE with Art Nouveau''s spinel, just looking for something smaller. I''m also just loving elongated cushions and squatty ovals these days, and luckily there is no shortage of oval Mahenge spinels. I just want something vibrant that looks like it glows.

Date: 12/10/2009 1:30:36 PM
Author: D&T
Brandy - what beautiful keys! especially with colored stones
36.gif

MTG- Love the semi mount, can''t wait to see IRL

LTP- Look at the spinel! I''m so glad you found one! I know its been a while since you''ve started your search, I''m glad it came to a happy ending
36.gif
Love the settings with the baguettes, is it an inclusion? and not something on the metal part? I know I can''t see too well from my monitor and you know your settings better than anyone else. It still is lovely.

AJ---- hmmmm will be watching for your thread
31.gif

Thank you, D&T - you''re so kind!

As for the setting, I''ve already cleaned and louped, and sadly, yes, that''s an inclusion. It''s not nearly as obvious in person, but I take so many macro pics of my jewelry, and that inclusion is a bit distracting.
20.gif

Oh well, I''ve been so lucky with so many of my other LOGRs - maybe I''ll just have to take handshots from that side, and macro shots from the other!
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 1:39:43 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Thank you, Gailey!!! Yes, that''s exactly what I''m starting to search for - I''m in LOVE with Art Nouveau''s spinel, just looking for something smaller. I''m also just loving elongated cushions and squatty ovals these days, and luckily there is no shortage of oval Mahenge spinels. I just want something vibrant that looks like it glows.
Have you looked at AJS lately? They have pink (probably glowy) elongated cushion spinels.

Peter also has a lovely Tsavorite square cushion right now. I wish I had seen this one before I got mine - even though I do love mine. He''s also got a killer red spinel but I guess it''s too late for that one. 20% off right now too.

torraca square cushion tsavorite.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren that spinel is amazing! can''t wait to see the ring when its finished
36.gif

-A

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 12:20:56 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Pretty keys!

I''m hoping to get the setting in the mail before I head off to China! Heh, I wonder if I can find LOGR while I''m over there
3.gif
Thanks MTG!

I hope you do as well! How long will you be in China? Might be worth a shot to see if you could go check out LOGR while you''re there! That would no doubt be interesting and fun!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 1:01:17 PM
And now, what''s going in it.
11.gif

My local jeweler called in a few red spinels for me since I was having terrible luck finding one I liked online. I looked through about 20 or so over the past few months, and there was always something wrong. Too much extinction for the money, too brown for the money, etc. Then he called me to check out this one that had GIT certification. It''s 1.66 ct., Burmese, and 6.42 x 6.33mm. It was a bit over the budget, but it holds it''s own in all light, and it''s kind of glowey, though I don''t have a black light to check for FL. It has a touch of pink to it in the pics, but it''s not noticeable in person.
Thanks LTP! That spinel is yummy!
31.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 1:30:36 PM
Author: D&T
Brandy - what beautiful keys! especially with colored stones
36.gif

MTG- Love the semi mount, can''t wait to see IRL

LTP- Look at the spinel! I''m so glad you found one! I know its been a while since you''ve started your search, I''m glad it came to a happy ending
36.gif
Love the settings with the baguettes, is it an inclusion? and not something on the metal part? I know I can''t see too well from my monitor and you know your settings better than anyone else. It still is lovely.

AJ---- hmmmm will be watching for your thread
31.gif
Thanks D&T!
9.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Brandy-those keys are great- i''m sure you sisters will be thrilled. JKT is still working on my key and I''m dying to see some glamour shots- so thanks for holding me over with yours!

MTG- I love that setting...did I miss what you are going to put in there?

LTP- The red spinel is beautiful and I love the cushion cut...i''m so happy you found something you like. I hate how long it takes to sometimes find that dream stone....i swear my husband won''t put up with it much longer!
21.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2009 5:33:33 PM
Author: Sarahbear621

MTG- I love that setting...did I miss what you are going to put in there?

Hopefully this blue tourmaline:
500x375.aspx

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG -- That Tourm is a NICE blue color. Hope you love the setting when you get it.

Brandy -- GREAT gifts!

Arjunajane -- 6.1mm Lavender/Periwinkle Spinel sounds Divine!!
9.gif

Lauren -- Nice LOGR halo setting. That STUNNING stone looks great in it. Love the color and the shape. Congrats!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone has such wonderful projects, I really love this thread.

Lauren, thanks for sharing the new LOGR''s with us, and that Burmese spinel is TDF!!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 1:46:19 PM
Author: Gailey
Date: 12/10/2009 1:39:43 PM

Have you looked at AJS lately? They have pink (probably glowy) elongated cushion spinels.

Peter also has a lovely Tsavorite square cushion right now. I wish I had seen this one before I got mine - even though I do love mine. He''s also got a killer red spinel but I guess it''s too late for that one. 20% off right now too.

Gailey I love the looks of that tsav by Peter - my ideal stone...if only *sigh*...

thanks everyone, I promise lots-o pics when the spinel arrives!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another question AJ---is it precision cut?

Don''t mind me!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, Lauren, I love the spinel! Its going to be a great ring.

Brandy, great keys! I just love her work...

MTG, have I told you how I love that tourm? I mean
30.gif
love
30.gif
that tourm?? Mmm, yum!

AJ, withholding pics! I can''t wait
31.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stones and great projects everyone!

LTP that red spinel is the perfect colour for me.
30.gif

I love the ying yang cut amethysts and was going to get them one time, but forgot heehee.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 11:13:44 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Don''t mind me!

yup.
5.gif

boy you really are keen aren''t you Freke, he he..

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 10:16:13 PM
Author: arjunajane

Don''t mind me!
yup.
5.gif

You know it!

I have to confess I may have something of similar coloring coming in the mail...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 4:28:40 AM

Don''t mind me!

yup.

5.gif

You know it!

I have to confess I may have something of similar coloring coming in the mail...

ha ha, well than I''m 99% sure you know the only other missing detail
5.gif

Care to share a lil on yours lovey?
31.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I took my Mahenge spinel from Gene at Precision Gem and the new LOGR ring into my jeweler yesterday to see if it would fit. He says he can make it work, and even expects to cover the black spot with a prong, so I left it there to be set. I'd love a higher end setting for that stone, but can't justify it given the current economics. Too many other stones that I want to set.
1.gif

MahengeLOGR8242.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 7:00:51 AM

Don''t mind me!
yup.

5.gif

You know it!

5.gif

31.gif
Lol. Well there are actually technically 3 of similar coloring. One is already here, but I''m afraid it''s not what I was looking for--the requirements on what I want to use it for are quite...neurotic...and it''s too...big. Yes, you heard it right.
The other two should right today or Monday. My fingers are crossed for TODAY! Although Monday wouldn''t be bad...it''s just 2 days farther away than today!

Anyway so deets:
1 lavender-ish stone around the 1ct mark
1 lavender-ish stone under the 1ct mark
1 lavender-purple stone under the 1ct mark that will probably be going back
15.gif

And for the life of me, I can''t figure out what the 1 other thing is! Was it listed on someone''s site, or did they cut it for you?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
Fly Girl that is really nice! I totally hear you on the settings given the current cost of gold. I will not be setting so many stones next year.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't supposed to get yet ANOTHER stone, but well....
emembarrassed.gif

Its a pretty nice kyanite from Gemline. does have a window but should close in a setting. I have absolutely NO experience with kyanite so no idea what would be best to set it in.

Stone is roughly 8x10mm oval. Its 3.90cts

-A

bluekyanite1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 11:55:21 AM
Date: 12/12/2009 7:00:51 AM

Don''t mind me!

yup.

5.gif

You know it!

5.gif

31.gif

Lol. Well there are actually technically 3 of similar coloring. One is already here, but I''m afraid it''s not what I was looking for--the requirements on what I want to use it for are quite...neurotic...and it''s too...big. Yes, you heard it right.

The other two should right today or Monday. My fingers are crossed for TODAY! Although Monday wouldn''t be bad...it''s just 2 days farther away than today!

Anyway so deets:

1 lavender-ish stone around the 1ct mark

1 lavender-ish stone under the 1ct mark

1 lavender-purple stone under the 1ct mark that will probably be going back
15.gif

And for the life of me, I can''t figure out what the 1 other thing is! Was it listed on someone''s site, or did they cut it for you?

Three!
36.gif

well, I just posted in your new thread before seeing your reply here Freke - I''ll ask my questions over there..

I guess for the other detail then...
25.gif
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally posted pictures of Tesla in her new home
1.gif
Yay!

il_430xN.109645556.jpg

il_430xN.109645622.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Tesla is beautiful in her new home! I''m wishing her, and you, a safe flight
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MT! I''m eagerly waiting to see your Spess from Gene!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian- On my gosh that is beautiful and 3.90cts! I''m in love! Is that picture true to life? I just love your bright vibrant color choices that you make with gemstones! I can''t wait to see what you get next!

MTG- I love the setting! Is that rose gold? I never would have picked that but i just love the contrast. more photos please!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A -- that stone is a beautiful color!!

MTG -- Beautiful!! Beautiful!! Beautiful!!

Thank you both for sharing.
21.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 6:39:57 PM
MTG- I love the setting! Is that rose gold? I never would have picked that but i just love the contrast. more photos please!

Yup, it''s 18k rose, I''m hoping it''s a nice warm pink! I only have photos from Sally, but they are here
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-please.131632/

I won''t have real life shots until early January since I''m going to be out of the country for awhile.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 6:52:53 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 12/13/2009 6:39:57 PM

Yup, it''s 18k rose, I''m hoping it''s a nice warm pink! I only have photos from Sally, but they are here
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-please.131632/

I won''t have real life shots until early January since I''m going to be out of the country for awhile.
Yup ok now I''m totally in love and will HAVE TO have something made in rose gold!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My setting came, but it''s a bit too blingy for me even though it''s a lovely setting and I love the fishtails. Ah well, the search for tourmaline''s home continues!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results