shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher collection, feat. my Precision Gem Grossular Garnet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gene says I'm like a crack addict, but even still, he sold me this asscher grossular garnet.
9.gif

It's 1.38 ct. and 6.61mm IIRC. I must apologize as the weather has been rainy and yucky here for about a week, so no good pics yet.

original.aspx

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
With some indirect incandescent light on it.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
With my Peter Torraca Scapolite.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Group shot.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
A little angle.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can tell this sucker is going to sparkle like the dickens. Now I need some sun!

original.aspx

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Eeee I love it! It''s a little ray of sunshine through your cloudy weather
30.gif
Your collection of asschers is my favorite, I love seeing them every time you get a new one.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene did a nice job on that stone. I''m still drooling at the spessartite in the background!!
31.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I have a mini collection of asscher''s too. but i love how your has such a color range! Can''t wait to see what you add on next!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Collection LTP! does the garnet color look very close to your scapolite?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great collection.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
*apologies for the empty previous post which I can''t seem to edit*

Holy asscherama!
30.gif
30.gif
The new garnet is beautiful and your entire collection in inspiring some asscher lust....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very sweet new little asscher. Gotta love those grossular garnets. The sparkle will be amazing, and Gene''s cut is awesome.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2009 8:53:36 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Gene did a nice job on that stone. I'm still drooling at the spessartite in the background!!
31.gif
Me too. As for the new stone, it looks nice under incandescent lighting but my eyes are drawn to the spessartite.
2.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, I LOVE your obsession with asschers!!!!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

Aimee - I love the glow this little guy gives off. I'm honestly considering doing a yellow gold replica of my e-ring for travel. I'll have to live with it a while to see what it feels like being set into. How are you feeling these days, mama?
30.gif

TL - when the weather gets nicer, I'll have another outdoor photo shoot featuring the spess. It likes to show off in the background, but I need to take more pictures where it's the star.
3.gif

Sarah - thank you! Have you posted pics of your asscher collection before? I'd love to see it! I know you have one or two from Dan Stair, right?

D&T - in the lighting conditions I've seen the grossular under, it looks like a pretty decent match for the scap. It's definitely much more sparkly, and seems to almost mimic my asscher diamond in scintilation. Kind of cool, and I wish I had asked for a grossular asscher sooner.
5.gif

Oddoneout - thanks!

Tsavvy - How did you post an empty post? I believe you broke PS!
2.gif
Thank you, btw! Your tsavs always send me off on a quest to start emailing vendors to see if they'd cut an Asscher tsavorite.
2.gif

Fly Girl - thank you! I really am happy with this one. Kind of unseated the aqua as my favourite asscher. The spess doesn't really count since it's more of a fat EC.
2.gif

Chrono - thank you again for finding my spessartite. I do find that I take it out to play with it quite a bit more than any of my other loose gems. I think it's screaming solitaire + delicate pave shank to me. I originally wanted to go with a 3 or 5 stone Leon, but I have an orange step cut 3 stone, and I want the spess to have a character all it's own.
21.gif

Princessplease - thank you! I was seriously beginning to think Gene might not let me have it, since he felt like a "drug" dealer. Kind of similar, but not nearly the same thing.
9.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
All I can say is, WOW!
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thats a cracking stone Lauren. Now tell us how it performs compared with your diamond.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....what a pretty garnet!!!!
30.gif

Lauren, can you PLEASE start a new thread and post photos of your entire asscher collection? I''d love to know what they all are!

How do you keep track of them? What is your inventory system?

Thank you, in advance!
36.gif

Lori

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful collection!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something I forgot to mention is that this new asscher has barely any tilt window, especially when you compare it to some of the lower RI stones in the background (like the aqua). It reminds me a bit of a diamond in that regard.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely collection LTP.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
AustenNut - thanks!

Gailey - thank you! Compared to my diamond, it can hold it''s own pretty well. You can tell the cut benefits from the higher RI, and with the limited amount of light it''s seen (it''s still overcast and gray here), it still sparkles a bit. It has a much more extreme tilt window than any of my other asschers. So far, I love it. Pray for the sun to come out!

Lori - thank you! I think I want some more garnets in this cut. Really turned out to be a pretty stone. I actually keep everything organized by Pricescope. I was going to post a finale thread when I bought my last Asscher, but who knows when that will be? ;-) I''ll post links to all of my asscher threads in here, though!
9.gif

Swingirl and LovingGems - thank you so much!

TL - I noticed that when I was photographing them. It has a much deeper tilt window, and I don''t have to perform any magic tricks getting the steps to show up. I think more garnets are in order for my collection.
11.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The collection so far . . .

Precision Gem Grossular Garnet -
1.38 ct.
6.61 mm
Color: 8
Clarity: 9
Brilliance: 5
Total quality rating: 9.0
original.aspx

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-collection-feat-my-precision-gem-grossular-garnet.125183/

AJSGems 2.37 ct. Nigerian Spessartite
6.5 x 7.05 mm

original.aspx

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-its-here-my-ajsgems-2-37-ct-spess.124503/

Gary Braun Cinnamon Tourmaline - no details on this one.

original.aspx

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asschers-sick-of-em-from-me-yet.117838/

Peter Torraca Amethyst
3.31 ct.
8.95mm

original.aspx

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-asscher-this-ones-a-3-31-ct-amethyst-from-peter-torraca.117061/

Peter Torraca Morganite - 2.11ct, 7.38x7.40x6.14mm - Rough from Vallejo916 - no thread on this one.

original.aspx

Gary Braun Afghan Tourmaline - 4.92 ct. 9.5mm.

original.aspx

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gary-braun-afghan-tourmaline-asscher-4-92-ct-9-5-mm.115789/

Peter Toraca Scapolite - 2.61 ct., 8.26mm x 8.27mm x 6.15mm.

original.aspx

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/peter-torraca-scapolite-you-guys-arent-bored-of-asschers-are-you.110170/

Gary Braun Aquamarine - 2.9ct, and 8.26mm IIRC.

original.aspx

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-new-goodies-barry-bridgestock-amethyst-and-gary-braun-asscher-aqua.102237/

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 10:52:15 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Aimee - I love the glow this little guy gives off. I''m honestly considering doing a yellow gold replica of my e-ring for travel. I''ll have to live with it a while to see what it feels like being set into. How are you feeling these days, mama?
30.gif

Oohh, I love that idea! I bet in the sun it just sparkles like a yellow diamond - you would get so many people mistaking it for one. That sounds pretty! And I think you need a matching band for it
2.gif

And I''ve been doing a lot better, thanks for asking! Still have a lot of m/s, but it''s so much more bearable. Now if only the bloat would fade away...lol half of my clothes don''t fit properly anymore!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh. I love the group pictures of your asscher congregation. Mmmmm.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

Mmmm, that aqua. And I love the combo of the bezel and the scapolite!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Fierypyropixy, Novel, and Ckrickett!!!!!

Here are some more pics I took this afternoon.

Kind of dirty from all of the handling, but here it is with my e-ring.

original.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results