shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher collection, feat. my Precision Gem Grossular Garnet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your comments.

Mr. Ma Re - thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I''ve attached Gene''s pic of the Grossular, because I honestly think my camera misrepresents this stone a bit. It definitely has a champagne look to it, not a bright or lemon yellow, which isn''t what I was after since I already had the Scap in a pale lemon. I love the idea of a formal occasion piece, but sadly, I think it''s size makes it a bit more . . . ordinary. I''m currently getting quotes from Julia Kay Taylor and my jeweler who did the Scapolite, but gold has jumped to over $1k/oz. so this project might have to be put off a bit longer.
3.gif
I appreciate all of the time you took to post your response, and I LOVE the idea and colour of the 18k inspiration watch.
1.gif

Mochi - thank you!

Stepcutnut - that''s an interesting idea. I think that sounds lovely, and it''s still up for consideration. I don''t have any two tone pieces yet, so that''s got my mind churning . . .

Autumngems - I''m excited to see your pics, and the next asscher you end up with! You have exquisite taste, and I''m sure your next gemstone piece will be another heirloom worthy stunner! Are you going to send any further gemstones to BGD?

1.38ct.GrossularGarnetAsscher6.61mm2.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely new addition to your wonderful asscher stone collection! It will be gorgeous in Yellow Gold!!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 10:25:08 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Thank you everyone for your comments.

I love the idea of a formal occasion piece, but sadly, I think it''s size makes it a bit more . . . ordinary.
Not if you tell everyone that it''s a 1ct champagne asscher cut diamond
2.gif
Most folks would buy that
9.gif

Glad to be of help
1.gif

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LTP,
I am sure I will be sending something to BGD, I am just unsure as to what at this point. I have a fairly large collection of gems and many scraps of sketches for various designs so it''s just making up my mind what is next, that and the price of gold right now is killing me.
I think my peridot may be the next project.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the garnet, I picture it in an antique type setting.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2009 11:03:25 AM
Author: autumngems
LTP,
I am sure I will be sending something to BGD, I am just unsure as to what at this point. I have a fairly large collection of gems and many scraps of sketches for various designs so it''s just making up my mind what is next, that and the price of gold right now is killing me.
I think my peridot may be the next project.
I agree that the price of gold is TERRIBLE. Do you have a thread on your peridot? I''d love to see it. My search for a peridot ring started this whole diamond/colored stone buying hobby. And I never bought a peridot.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I love your collection, Lauren, particularly the aqua and amethyst.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results