shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there celebrities that you dislike that others generally like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
This thread is cracking me up!

I agree about disliking Russell Crowe, Tom Cruise, Lindsey Lohan, Paris, the Olsen''s, Miley, Michael Jackson, Oprah, Tom Arnold, Denise Richards, Pamela Anderson, Gene Simmons, Jessica Simpson, Woody Allen, JLo and Mark, Victoria Beckham, and Donald Trump.

I don''t understand the appeal for anyone on Laguna Beach or The Hills either.

I also can''t stand Susan Lucci, Mario Lopez, Star Jones, Dolly Parton, O.J. Simpson, Kate Moss, Bobby Brown, Dr. Phil McGraw, and Geraldo Rivera.
14.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 2:42:38 PM
Author: pixley
Also, don''t like Nickelback''s lead singer. I just want to junk-punch that guy every time I hear his music or see his face.

Just to balance out my nastiness, I do like Michelle Pfeiffer. So pretty and such a good example of how to age gracefully and not pretend to be someone she''s not. Me likey.

If he''s the one that sounds constipated, I don''t care for his music...

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I agree to pretty much every person on this list - especially Kanye West - ugh - I will never ever ever buy his music or support him in any way...

BUT - my main celebrity that I dislike - for no reason whatsoever - and people may disagree with this - Nicholas Cage - OMG I don''t know why but he annoys me to no end! I''d rather stick a fork in my eye than watch one of his movies!!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 3:35:45 PM
Author: Cleopatra
I agree to pretty much every person on this list - especially Kanye West - ugh - I will never ever ever buy his music or support him in any way...

BUT - my main celebrity that I dislike - for no reason whatsoever - and people may disagree with this - Nicholas Cage - OMG I don''t know why but he annoys me to no end! I''d rather stick a fork in my eye than watch one of his movies!!!
How could I forget about him?! I have a group of friends who find him ridiculously attractive and I don''t understand it even a little. He is soooo annoying.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 2:04:53 PM
Author: elrohwen
I''ll prefice this by saying that I''m sure most of these people are perfectly nice and friendly, but as performers or actors or whatever, they just bug me!

Ok, seriously, not a single person said Rachael Ray?! She bugs the cr*p out of me! Yumm-o guys! I feel the need to punch anyone who says EVOO.

I don''t like Kiera Knightly at all. She''s just not attractive or a good actress!

OMG i totally forgot about Rachel Ray!! I cannot stand her for one second!! I totally agree with you there!!

Also, Justin Timberlake drives me nuts. Some of his songs are OK, but I can''t stand to look at him. I do not find him attractive AT ALL. ICK!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 3:07:50 PM
Author: idreamofcushions
Oh yeah, Katie Curic! Can''t stand her anymore. Thanks for reminding me blushingbride!
Yes!! Katie Couric!! She of the Mystic Tan and perpetual frown because she''s trying to tone down the perkiness into anchorwoman gravitas.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 3:42:36 PM
Author: Namaste

I''ll prefice this by saying that I''m sure most of these people are perfectly nice and friendly, but as performers or actors or whatever, they just bug me!

Ok, seriously, not a single person said Rachael Ray?! She bugs the cr*p out of me! Yumm-o guys! I feel the need to punch anyone who says EVOO.

I don''t like Kiera Knightly at all. She''s just not attractive or a good actress!

OMG i totally forgot about Rachel Ray!! I cannot stand her for one second!! I totally agree with you there!!

Also, Justin Timberlake drives me nuts. Some of his songs are OK, but I can''t stand to look at him. I do not find him attractive AT ALL. ICK!!
Agreed. I think he''s a great performer and an excellent dancer, but I don''t think he''s even a tiny bit attractive.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Oh good one! She bugs me too. She says, "Oh delicious!" to everything she eats on her $40 a day show.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is too funny.

Too many people to agree/disagree with, but I will say as a category I can''t stand people who have no talent and yet are famous anyways. So the whole category of reality "stars"- Paris, anyone on The Hills, Jessica Simpson.

And Tyra! OMG, what is wrong with her? If you ever watch The Soup, they pull the scariest clips of her from her shows.

But lately my pet peeve is Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, and (sorry Musey) Katy Perry. None of them can sing. At all. Now, I can''t sing and I generally think most people that can carry a tune are allowed to be out there. But these are PAINFUL not only to hear, but to watch! Miley clumps around the stage and grunts and hunches over, and her voice hurts my ears.

Jonas Bros- Jump around like they are intense and emo, but sound like screeching cats. Just sing "When It''s Time to Change" and get it over with!

And Katy Perry- you know, I want to like her, but if she can sing, they are making her sing in the wrong pitch or something. And the big eyes, put my finger in my mouth thing she does just feels false. She is cute though, looks just like Zoey Deschanel to me. I am sorry, but i have to change the station/tv when she comes on.

Ok- Angelina Jolie looks dead behind the eyes. Tom Cruise is a maniac and overacts. Don''t get Russel Crowe, HUGH JACKMAN freaks me out, Leo looks like he''d be a limp fish in bed. Rihanna has good songs, but she''s very one-note and tries too hard for me.

But what I find funny about this thread are the ones that we secretly like/defend. I totally puffy heart Britney. I know she can''t sing, I know she''s a train wreck and WT, but I can''t help rooting for her.

And Fiery, your defense of J.LO is cracking me up!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 3:22:02 PM
Author: Namaste

Date: 12/18/2008 5:12:42 PM
Author: InLuv101
I seriously cannot stand Kanye West. He is the most arrogant man...gosh, that felt good to say, lol. Do not like him; will not listen to his music all because of his attitude.
38.gif

I totally agree!! And Lil Wayne REALLY bothers me!! What a waste of a human.. blech..
My PS Confession: I find Lil Wayne''s voice so sexy

HAHAHAHAHA My face turned all shades of red just saying that.

And ditto/thritto/fourto(lol) to Russel Crowe. The *only* movie that I love that he is in is Beautiful Mind.

Jennifer Garner--Someone mentioned her already. I don''t like her. Don''t know why because she seems to be really sweet.

Jennifer Love Hewitt
14.gif

Mariah Carey Double
14.gif
14.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Jamie Foxx.

Halle Berry as an actress. She is NOT TALENTED. Attractive, yes, talented, no. Damn that oscar!

Beyonce when she is speaking. Please stand there and look pretty, and dance and occasionally sing. Do NOT speak. ever.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 2:55:58 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 12/19/2008 2:54:26 PM

Author: HollyS

Date: 12/19/2008 2:24:10 PM

Author: fleur-de-lis

Okay, I know someone is going to throw a stone at me for saying this, but I absolutely do not get Russell Crowe. Bloated, squinty, phone-throwing jerk. Blech.

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

God, I thought it was just me. I look at him and think. . . ''Meg Ryan left Dennis Quaid for this idiot!'' Dumb.

No. Me too. And ditto.

thritto. I can''t stand that man. He always seemed so rude.

LOL about the Marc Anthony Skeletor thing. I agree with Holly. He just had a renewal of vows. It might have been his wife''s idea but that shows that he''s even worse for going through with it if he wasn''t happy.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 4:23:31 PM
Author: bee*

Okay, I know someone is going to throw a stone at me for saying this, but I absolutely do not get Russell Crowe. Bloated, squinty, phone-throwing jerk. Blech.

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

God, I thought it was just me. I look at him and think. . . ''Meg Ryan left Dennis Quaid for this idiot!'' Dumb.

No. Me too. And ditto.

LOL about the Marc Anthony Skeletor thing. I agree with Holly. He just had a renewal of vows. It might have been his wife''s idea but that shows that he''s even worse for going through with it if he wasn''t happy.
rollpin.gif

Just kidding...or am I
27.gif

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Fun post! I agree with so many other posters on here, so most of these people have already been mentioned, but here''s a few celebs I dislike (or something I at least dislike about them!) :
Rachel Ray...her laugh is so obnoxious
Madonna...phony british accent, scary arms, reminds me of Angelina Jolie in that she''s so different now from the image of herself that she once portrayed. I know lots of people go through wild phases, but come on...I don''t see her as classy at all.
Gwenyth Paltrow...the boobs...she seems to wear a bra more now than she used to at least
Posh...I don''t like the way she carries herself at all, but she seems so insecure that I feel more sorry for her than dislike...her show was awful...seems to have a nice family though
Katherine Heigl...I read somewhere that she is one of the highest paid actresses now and I can''t imagine why.
And last but certainily not least...Tila Tequila....who in their right mind would be attracted to that ? I have to admit, I watched her show a couple times because I couldn''t believe there were people that actually acted like that. Then I felt guilty for supporting trash. I am never letting my kids watch MTV!

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
33.gif

Date: 12/19/2008 4:23:31 PM
Author: bee*

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

No. Me too. And ditto.

Oh man, I can''t take it
2.gif
...my BF calls him that all the time to bug me! BTW, nice pic you posted Fiery!
38.gif

I don''t know, I must have been related to him in another life or something because I
30.gif
him and get very defensive whenever he is criticized
4.gif
Anywaw, it''s funny because certain things really don''t get to me....I could care less how many BFs/husbands someone (JLo lol) has had or who renewed their vows and then left. To me people''s personal lives are just that and don''t affect me in the least... I can understand not liking someone because of the way they look/sound/sing/walk/talk/act/dance/demand things/are egotistical, etc...but not liking someone because of how many times they''ve been married or because they left their wife
33.gif
...anyway, that''s just me and I''m off my soap box now!

Fiery...I have to agree with you on the Lil Wayne thing hahha, I also think his voice is sexy. I also think he is super talented....but that''s just me
10.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:52:20 PM

Date: 12/18/2008 10:12:47 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I dislike people who are famous for no reason. At the top of my list are Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Lindsey Lohan, the Kardashians, and Liz Taylor. Paris Hilton is just so immensely clueless/ditzy/shallow.

Tom Cruise bugs me, too. George Hamilton is another one.

Leelee Sobieski and Chole Sevigny bug me, but I can''t put my finger on why. *

I don''t understand the appeal for anyone on Laguna Beach or The Hills either.

*ETA: It''s funny, even though I don''t know any of these people in real life, there are some that I may actually like if I had the chance to know them. Leelee and Chloe are two that come to mind. I have seen things they''ve been in and they are talented. Other things, not so much. So I may retract those two.

I still can''t stand Paris Hilton though. I''m not retracting that one.
Tom Cruise is George Hamilton.
31.gif
What? You''ve never seen them together, have you?
9.gif
Come to think of it, Holly, no, I haven''t seen them together.

I don''t know why I didn''t think of these people before: Regis and Kathie Lee. I never liked their show. Regis never seems to know who he''s talking to during an interview. It''s clear that he doesn''t even take the time to get to know a bit about the person before he/she sits in their chair on stage.

You know what? I think Sandra Lee and Kathie Lee are one in the same sometimes. They''re both syrupy sweet and fake.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 1:26:53 PM

Date: 12/19/2008 1:14:47 PM
Author: pixley
Tyra Banks.
14.gif
Ptoooey.
Agreed. She is Paris with an Oprah complex.
9.gif
Good one!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rachel Ray totally bugs me! Too bad people have said I look like her
14.gif
Jennifer Love Hewitt used to bother me too but she is not around much anymore. Most reality show people also annoy me (Trista the most! Barf.)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 3:35:45 PM
Author: Cleopatra

I agree! I flinch every time my husband suggests watching one of his movies. I''m not sure why I don''t like him. I do think he''s talented...kind of...I guess. I think part of it is the forelorn look he always seemed to have in "City of Angles." I mean, I know it was a sad movie, but still...

In real life (just from what I''ve seen from him on the red carpet and in interviews), he seems a little odd.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Where do I begin...

Martha Stewart
Oprah
Tom Cruise
Kanye West
Jessica Simpson
Madonna

tessari

Shiny_Rock
Fiery--I too have a very weird thing for lil'' wayne. I can''t explain it...

Nothing new to add to the annoying ones: I agree on the Olsen twins, Rosie O''Donnel, Nicholas Cage, and Nickelback. There''s also this terrible band--P.O.D. or something and Poppa Roach and other early 2000s "rock" bands--I am so glad they''re not big anymore--I hate that kind of music!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 5:36:31 PM
Author: tessari

Nothing new to add to the annoying ones: I agree on the Olsen twins, Rosie O''Donnel, Nicholas Cage, and Nickelback. There''s also this terrible band--P.O.D. or something and Poppa Roach and other early 2000s ''rock'' bands--I am so glad they''re not big anymore--I hate that kind of music!
Nicholas Cage has got to be one of the top ten worst actors. Anyone remember "Face Off?" That was the movie where him and John Travolta both get face transplants to look like the other one and we don''t know who is who? lol During the movie my husband and I were laughing so hard that people in the seats in front of us were giving us dirty looks! lol

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I want to punch Spencer Pratt in his dorky pointy chin!! If he wasn''t so arrogant maybe his looks wouldn''t bug me!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I forgot: the Kardashians, Bruce Jenner, and Brodie Jenner.

Bruce because he was dumb enough to marry into that whole cluster f; and because his face lift looks ridiculous. Can you say "Kenny Rogers"?

Brodie ''cause he''s just an idiot. Cute and stupid. And worthless.

Don''t even ask me about the ''girls''. Their mother did such a fine job.
20.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 3:30:41 PM
Date: 12/19/2008 3:27:30 PM

Author: idreamofcushions

Date: 12/19/2008 3:18:16 PM

Date: 12/19/2008 3:09:13 PM

Oh I just remembered, I am not fond of Brittany Murphy.
40.gif

Ditto! She was cute in Clueless, but she hasn''t been cute in anything since then.

I second that ditto! For some reason I feel like she doesn''t get enough sleep. She seems so high strung to me.

Sleep? I always assumed she was on some kind of stimulant ... like coke. Lol. Is that mean?

Lol! That''s exactly what I was thinking...like she''s a little cracked out or something. I dunno. Maybe that is too harsh. It''s just the energy she brings to the screen that gives me that impression. Meh...oh well.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will add my
14.gif
to Martha Stewart!! How can one person know so much about everything???

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 6:50:10 PM
Author: Linda W
I will add my
14.gif
to Martha Stewart!! How can one person know so much about everything???

OH NO... not Martha!! I use to watch her shows religiously when she first started out, now I just find her annoying.

Jerry Springer... and his bald headed side kick, what''s his name? I don''t know if they are celebrities but I can''t watch their shows.

All the Arquettes....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 5:16:08 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Rachel Ray totally bugs me! Too bad people have said I look like her
14.gif
Jennifer Love Hewitt used to bother me too but she is not around much anymore. Most reality show people also annoy me (Trista the most! Barf.)
No, you are 1,000x prettier than Rachel Ray Tacori!!!!! I use to get bugged with Jennifer LW too but now she is less annoying. Trista bugs me too! hahah I think the same people bug us Tacori!!! LOL

eta: I don't like Anne Heche

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 8:42:51 PM
Author: Skippy123

haha ditto! I don't get that one at all!

eta: and ditto Trista barfbuckets

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 8:47:17 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 12/19/2008 8:42:51 PM
Author: Skippy123

haha ditto! I don't get that one at all!

eta: and ditto Trista barfbuckets
LOL!!! Coati you crack me up
9.gif

eta: I don't like Calista Flockhart either.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results