shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there celebrities that you dislike that others generally like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:56:24 AM
Author: mochi
Can''t stand Tom and Katie, JLo and MA, and other so-called celebrities who thinks their ca-ca doesn''t stink... I''d rather have someone duct-tape my hemorroids and yank it off than to spend any of my time reading about them.

OMG mochi
rotflmao2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2008 5:10:54 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Jessica Simpson has ALWAYS bothered me. I just don''t get why she is famous.
Ditto.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh My, I love this thread. This has already been mentioned - but KEIRA KNIGHTLY !! Aarrghhh !
Will she ever, please, pull a different face but that pout of hers?
29.gif

I loved Bend It, and she didn't seem to do it as much then. But how can you act entire movies *Pirates*, pulling the one expression??
I challenge someone to find a photo where she is not pouting !

I also agree with Mr West - Fi and I were big fans of his first two albums, but man his new one stinks - and do does his ego.

Also Angelina Jolie - too fake, don't get the appeal.

I actually want to like Scarlett Johansen, and wish she was a nice girl. But everything I hear is to the contrary - seems she is becoming a real diva
7.gif

Oh, and Tom Cruise is a given.

...I also cannot stand Nicole Kidman. I know, sacrilege for an Aussie. I don't think she can act worth a dime. I've heard she's being savaged o/s for her role in Australia. I haven't seen it, but I can imagine - she's another *pouter* !!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 8:41:35 PM
Author: musey

Date: 12/18/2008 8:37:32 PM
Author: Lynnie
WHAT?? Nobody said Keanu Reeves yet?! I can't stand him. How on earth did he become an actor? I can't even sit through 10 minutes of one of his movies.
Funny story about him, he's one of the most studious actors ever! He's famous for sitting in Samuel French (industry bookstore) and pouring over theatre books for hours on end. I think he's one of those types who tries really hard, but the natural ability is just not quite there...
Oh wow, this is hilarious.
Do you know, Fi and I have had the Reeves conversation before - and I think "tries really hard" sums it up perfectly..poor guy !

Musey, I know you think you should stay away from these threads, but your presence makes it soooo much more exciting, lol !

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 7:34:19 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
Wow a lot of people really dislike Jennifer Lopez...I wonder what it is! A friend of mine once said to me that she has more respect for a prostitute on the street than she does for Jennifer Lopez
20.gif
...suffice it to say we''re not really friends anymore! Although she isn''t one of my favorite people/singers/actresses, I really do defend her because I feel like the reactions of some people towards her are sometimes a little over the top.

I''d agree with Penn on why he can''t stand J Lo. All of her demands and the fact that she''s always splashed about wearing fur really bothers me. I don''t think that she''s talented at all and if it wasn''t for the fact that she wore a dress which showed off her everything when she was with Puff I don''t think that she''d be wear she is.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason I can''t stand Kirsten Dunst. She just looks like some random Bavarian milkmaid who accidentally landed on the big screen. And Scarlett Johansson - while watching The Other Boleyn Girl with some friends I was so annoyed with her performance that I kept muttering under my breath and drove everyone else nuts. If you''re trying to portray innocence and kindness but you only manage to look mentally retarded, what does that say about your acting skills?!
Oh, and this guy Will Ferrell - I just can''t watch his movies. C''mon Will, you know no one wants to see you naked, cut it out already!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 7:21:34 AM
Author: AdiS
For some reason I can''t stand Kirsten Dunst. She just looks like some random Bavarian milkmaid who accidentally landed on the big screen. And Scarlett Johansson - while watching The Other Boleyn Girl with some friends I was so annoyed with her performance that I kept muttering under my breath and drove everyone else nuts. If you''re trying to portray innocence and kindness but you only manage to look mentally retarded, what does that say about your acting skills?!
Oh, and this guy Will Ferrell - I just can''t watch his movies. C''mon Will, you know no one wants to see you naked, cut it out already!
Me too! The whole film was pants and a huge letdown and I was so looking forward to it!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 7:22:46 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 12/19/2008 7:21:34 AM
Author: AdiS
Me too! The whole film was pants and a huge letdown and I was so looking forward to it!
I know! And to think I made DH watch it with us (had to use some nagging, pouting and all, cause he didn''t want to go). After the movie ended, he just looked at me and said "You''re not allowed to choose which movies we watch at least for the next 2-3 months". lol

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:25:34 AM
Author: Linda W
Oh and Kathie Lee Gifford drives me nuts!!! I feel like choking her
9.gif

Ditto to this! And Kelly Ripa too
14.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''m dittoing on Pam Anderson. Wow does she bug me. Also Lindsey Lohan, Nicole Richie, Diane Keaton, and Rosie Odonnell. I''m not really the biggest fan of Oprah either. Sometimes she has some interesting things on her show, but I don''t think she''s quite the queen that everyone else belives her to be.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
YES!

Angelina Jolie annoys me. Not sure why...just not a big fan of her acting (although I liked her in GIRL INTERRUPTED because she seemed to be playing the perfect role--a semi-crazy chick).

Kanye West and Puff Daddy both equally annoy me.

Paris Hilton, but that doesn''t count because she annoys most people.

Tuckins: I agree with you about Halle. Shes lovely but she just doesn''t inspire me one bit.

I secretly love JLO...I think shes a nut job, but thats why I like her hehe.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I can''t stand Kathie Lee Gifford or Lindsay Lohan. I guess that I''ve never understood the Brad Pitt appeal, either, though I do have a lot of respect for the humanitarian work he''s done - I just don''t like guys that are too "pretty" - not for my taste.

I would take me some Edward Norton over Brad Pitt any day of the week - I like them brainy and a little nerdy (I''m sure my husband would be so happy to hear that)
emangel.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I don’t like Keanu Reeves either. We went to see his new movie and it was awful.

And a huge ditto to Kirsten Dunst
14.gif
. I will not watch Spiderman just because of her. FI read all the Spiderman comic books and tells me that Mary Jane is only one of many loves and eventually he''ll marry then divorce her then fall in love with a secretary. When that happens, then I''ll go see the movie.
27.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
WHAT?? Nobody said Keanu Reeves yet?! I can''t stand him. How on earth did he become an actor? I can''t even sit through 10 minutes of one of his movies.
I love Keanu! Its like he''s "Ted" in every movie he went out to make LOL...

He''s not the best of actors but I really like him...how funny am I?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 10:17:41 AM
Author: Bia

WHAT?? Nobody said Keanu Reeves yet?! I can''t stand him. How on earth did he become an actor? I can''t even sit through 10 minutes of one of his movies.
I love Keanu! Its like he''s ''Ted'' in every movie he went out to make LOL...

He''s not the best of actors but I really like him...how funny am I?

I agree. I like to think of him as my generation''s Napolean Dynamite.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 7:29:50 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I hate everyone...

Angelina Jolie, Jessica Simpson and her ugly sister Ashlee, Julia Styles (sp?), Miley Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus.
I hate everyone too...
hate angelina, hate hate hate miley...i hate her voice and the way she looks..., renee Z. bridget jone''s is my favorite movie of all time but i despise her.i also hate Lindsay Hohan

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 4:49:09 AM
Author: arjunajane
Musey, I know you think you should stay away from these threads, but your presence makes it soooo much more exciting, lol !
Haha! I like to share anecdotes when I have them. There are so many random stories.

I should just try extra hard to avoid posts about people I know/like.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 7:38:13 AM
Author: iluvcarats

Date: 12/19/2008 12:25:34 AM
Author: Linda W
Oh and Kathie Lee Gifford drives me nuts!!! I feel like choking her
9.gif

Ditto to this! And Kelly Ripa too
14.gif
LOL, those 2 bug me too! haha I think Kathie Lee is so rude to Hoda too!
38.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have a long list, and I feel bad for this because I know these people are real people - but a lot of this is the persona that they put on in the media or the persona that a publicist portrays, so....I guess it''s fair...

Victoria Beckham - that reality thing she did was awful

Leo Di Caprio - I don''t mind him as a person, but think he''s an awful actor

Beyonce is not a favorite, neither is Solange...

Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy...if you have to change your name for your evolving persona, I think that says it all.

Miley Cyrus - and worse, her father. Proof that wanting to be your child''s bff is an awful parenting strategy

Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron - I just think their real-life non-Disney persona is kinda sick, esp since their audiences are still kids

Scarlett Johansen - I don''t know why

I second Holly S on Madonna - though I think her music and career is pretty cool, I''m not a fan of how she lives her personal life...seems very pushy. Didn''t like her on the Britney documentary thing, either

Lea Remini - I thought it was cool how she came clean about her bad parenting on RR, but then she just kept on defending her decisions...

Mario Lopez - Heard some gross things that he did with co-eds when he came to perform on campus when I was in college

Kathy Lee Gifford - she seems so sheltered for what she should be

Katherine Heigl - Going off about the writers, her castmates, and everything else before she has a solid, long-term career? Not a fan - also didn''t like her in that movie that everyone thought was hilarious (but 27 dresses was cute)

Tom Cruise - he''s just always looked short to me

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 6:51:57 PM

Date: 12/18/2008 6:34:59 PM
Author: HollyS
Oh my. I think I would have to start a ''Celebrities I DO Like'' thread, instead of choosing just a few that annoy me. It''s much too easy to dislike so many of them.

P. Diddy -- Biggest. Ego. Ever. And not a shred of actual talent. Kanye West would be runner-up in this category.

JLo -- for such lousy choices in men (especially her husband), and her escalating divaness. She is Generation X''s Elizabeth Taylor. And we all know how well that turned out. Beyonce would be runner-up for Her Divaness. Not that they aren''t talented; it''s the over-the-top glamour that lost its luster after the early ''60s.

Paris Hilton -- could anyone, ever, be more shallow? Or a bigger waste of oxygen? Lindsey Lohan, talented though she is, has proved almost as shallow. We won''t even discuss Britney.

Olsen twins -- loose the eyeliner, the granny clothes, and the ubiquitous coffee cups. And actually do something besides attend parties.

George Clooney -- He''s gorgeous. He''s funny. But he needs to shut his political piehole. (And I expect the conservative Hollywood politicos to do the same, thanks.)

Madonna -- what, exactly, has she had a career based on? A constantly changing image? She''s the female P. Diddy; great marketing skills and zero talent.

Miley Cyrus -- aside from being a Disney-created teen queen, what is so wonderful about her? She''s no Hilary Duff. Neither is Hilary. Or Vanessa. Give me Raven.

Rosie O''Donnell -- Crass and an ass. What a combo.

Donald Trump -- you would think a wealthy man could afford a decent barber. Or even a trip to the J.C. Penney salon at the nearest mall.

Barry Manilow -- just admit it already; you''re gay!! And you write schlock music.

Rod Stewart -- he just needs to give up. Enough. Already. Croak no more. Please.
Whoa...what''s wrong with JLo''s husband?!?!?! Sorry, but that one hit a nerve
2.gif
and I think Fiery might have a comment or two on that one as well!

ETA: oh, forgot about the original post!
5.gif
I agree with all who can''t stand Kanye...most self-absorbed person ever, BUT mostly, I can''t stand Eva Longoria...don''t know what everybody sees in her!
He left his wife, not long after they had a renewal of vows, in the Church, in PR, to take up with JLo. If that doesn''t make him a creep, not much will. Oh, yeah. He''s ugly, too. A walking skeleton with lounge lizard charisma. Yeecchh.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 12:29:16 PM
Author: Elmorton
I have a long list, and I feel bad for this because I know these people are real people - but a lot of this is the persona that they put on in the media or the persona that a publicist portrays, so....I guess it''s fair...

Victoria Beckham - that reality thing she did was awful
Oh she irritates me in a major way.
14.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:31:42 PM

Date: 12/18/2008 6:51:57 PM

Date: 12/18/2008 6:34:59 PM
Oh my. I think I would have to start a ''Celebrities I DO Like'' thread, instead of choosing just a few that annoy me. It''s much too easy to dislike so many of them.

P. Diddy -- Biggest. Ego. Ever. And not a shred of actual talent. Kanye West would be runner-up in this category.

JLo -- for such lousy choices in men (especially her husband), and her escalating divaness. She is Generation X''s Elizabeth Taylor. And we all know how well that turned out. Beyonce would be runner-up for Her Divaness. Not that they aren''t talented; it''s the over-the-top glamour that lost its luster after the early ''60s.

Paris Hilton -- could anyone, ever, be more shallow? Or a bigger waste of oxygen? Lindsey Lohan, talented though she is, has proved almost as shallow. We won''t even discuss Britney.

Olsen twins -- loose the eyeliner, the granny clothes, and the ubiquitous coffee cups. And actually do something besides attend parties.

George Clooney -- He''s gorgeous. He''s funny. But he needs to shut his political piehole. (And I expect the conservative Hollywood politicos to do the same, thanks.)

Madonna -- what, exactly, has she had a career based on? A constantly changing image? She''s the female P. Diddy; great marketing skills and zero talent.

Miley Cyrus -- aside from being a Disney-created teen queen, what is so wonderful about her? She''s no Hilary Duff. Neither is Hilary. Or Vanessa. Give me Raven.

Rosie O''Donnell -- Crass and an ass. What a combo.

Donald Trump -- you would think a wealthy man could afford a decent barber. Or even a trip to the J.C. Penney salon at the nearest mall.

Barry Manilow -- just admit it already; you''re gay!! And you write schlock music.

Rod Stewart -- he just needs to give up. Enough. Already. Croak no more. Please.
Whoa...what''s wrong with JLo''s husband?!?!?! Sorry, but that one hit a nerve
2.gif
and I think Fiery might have a comment or two on that one as well!

ETA: oh, forgot about the original post!
5.gif
I agree with all who can''t stand Kanye...most self-absorbed person ever, BUT mostly, I can''t stand Eva Longoria...don''t know what everybody sees in her!
He left his wife, not long after they had a renewal of vows, in the Church, in PR, to take up with JLo. If that doesn''t make him a creep, not much will. Oh, yeah. He''s ugly, too. A walking skeleton with lounge lizard charisma. Yeecchh.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Don''t talk about my Marc Anthony that way!!!!!!!!!!

I puffy heart him.

His marriage with Diana was way over before he shacked up with JLo. Their renewal of vows was her attempt in keeping the marriage together and his attempt to do so as well since their first "wedding" was really a courthouse thing.

I speculate that there were some conversations between Jennifer and Marc during their marriage.

I will say though that Dayanara is one of the most beautiful women I''ve ever seen. I have her book that she wrote about the divorce and some of the things she wrote really makes your heart feel for her. But I think Jennifer and Marc were made for each other. She needs to be loved and worshipped and he needs to be able to be with his girl 24/7. It makes them both happy. Dayanara talked about how miserable she felt not being able to have a life of her own. She''s definitely way better off without him.

But I luff him
30.gif

And just for the skeleton comment Holly this picture is dedicated to you
Evil_smile.gif

Anthony_JS288146410.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Oh and a side note on JLo. I was never a fan until she married Marc LOL!

And I also ditto P. Diddy. There''s a skit that Dave Chappelle does on P. Diddy that is just hilarious.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 9:00:13 PM
Author: Nocturnius
BAHAHAHAH. This thread is hilarious.

I hate Heidi Montag. Her face bothers me. I can''t stand her freaking face. Ugh.

Keanu Reeves! GRAH.

SCARLETT JOHANSSEN. She''s a freaking WITCH. Has anyone ever read or listened to any of her interviews? Witchy witchy woman! I just want to slap her stupid.

Jennifer Aniston. Overrated. End of story.

Denise Richards. And Pamela Anderson. Since the two of them only have half a brain between them, I''ll count them together.

Puff Daddy/P. Diddy/Sean Combs/whatever he calls himself now. He''s an idiot and he can''t even decide on his own damn name.

Avril Lavigne.

Gene Simmons. Cocky talentless bastard.

Frank Sinatra. I''m sorry, I can''t stand his voice.

Madonna. Another one I would probably slap stupid if we ever ran into each other. I can''t stand to listen to the stupidity that just POURS from her mouth whenever she isn''t singing.

Finally, someone besides myself and the DH has commited the cardinal sin of stating, for the record, that Ol'' Blue Eyes can''t carry a tune. He slid into his notes. He was flat a lot. He had too many affectations. He . . . . . oh well, I probably shouldn''t speak ill of the dead. But you gotta wonder how he became an icon. Especially to other singers who can actually sing.
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROFL!!!

He does look a bit like a skeleton in that pic.....I see what Miss Holly means....

creepaway3.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 9:48:42 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I second Lucky about Katy Perry and am on the HollyS and TGal 'I dislike Oprah' bandwagon. For some reason her magazine especially bothers me...I don't know why, I think it's just because she is the only one who's ever on the cover.

I have a deep-rooted passion of hatred for Mark Wahlberg. I won't watch any of his movies, even if they're on TV. His violent past should put him in prison, not Hollywood.
Exactly! Who publishes a magazine, names it after themselves, and is ALWAYS on the cover? Only Oprah has the balls. Even Martha knows better. (Or at least somebody talked her out of it, and she listened!
9.gif
)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:47:17 PM
Author: Lorelei
ROFL!!!

He does look a bit like a skeleton in that pic.....I see what Miss Holly means....

creepaway3.gif
I tried to find a photo of him that was very skeleton looking...turns out there''s a lot to choose from
32.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 8:16:05 PM
Author: pennquaker09
Generally speaking, I could really care less about celebrities. I don''t understand our fascination with them but here are what I think about some of them.

Beyonce - I have a love/dislike (I don''t hate) thing with her. Like, I like most of her music, I''ve seen her in concert and I think she''s great at what she does. I mean not everybody can do this , but I wish she would kind of go away and TAKE A BREAK. And, even though people say she''s kind of divalike, I do have something nice to say about her. I was in Chicago on a business trip and to make a long story short, we stayed in the same hotel on the same floor and I dropped some things and she was kind enough to help me pick them up. On the other hand, remember when the 2 original girls were kicked out of DC? Well, I recall watching something on TV and she alluded that the other 2 didn''t want to work and she was talking about money and wanting to have so much so she didn''t have to work. It really turned me off on her a little bit.

Zac Efron (High School Musical) - I call him Zacquisha or Manbangs. He''s just such a douche bag. Total douche.

Kanye West - Okay, so I notice how everyone here generally has a dislike for Kanye West. Well, I have to be completely honest, I am not much of a rap music person. But knowing a little bit about music and how much he does, I have to say that really no one can refute his talent. I mean, he writes pretty good songs and he''s a great producer. Does it give him the right to be a constant jackass? No but I kind of think he''s cute. Don''t kill me, please.

Jennifer Lopez - I CANNOT STAND her. Ohh. My. Gosh. Like, when I read all that crap about she has to have white sofas and white this and white that and all kind of other nonsense in her dressing room, I was like, no ma''am. She can''t sing, and she hasn''t been in a great movie since The Wedding Planner. I mean, at least Kanye is talented.

Will Smith - I don''t dislike him. Actually, I like him very much. But and there is a big one. I don''t think ANYONE on the face of the planet is worth 20 million plus a movie. Personally, I really have a hard time equating acting in a movie or what have you, with work. Like, it''s great that these people are talented and everything, but is it really worth paying them more than we pay teachers or doctors and other hard working professionals?

Jennifer Anniston - She''s making herself look really bad lately. She really need to give the Angelina stuff a rest.

People with record contracts that CANNOT sing - self explanatory
Penn -- I will agree with you. I won''t deny that Kanye is talented, but the attitude and ego turn me off so much that I just can''t listen to him. In an interview, he actually compared himself to Jesus saying they had/have the same struggle...um, no.
38.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 10:12:47 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I dislike people who are famous for no reason. At the top of my list are Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Lindsey Lohan, the Kardashians, and Liz Taylor. Paris Hilton is just so immensely clueless/ditzy/shallow.

Tom Cruise bugs me, too. George Hamilton is another one.

Leelee Sobieski and Chole Sevigny bug me, but I can''t put my finger on why. *

I don''t understand the appeal for anyone on Laguna Beach or The Hills either.

*ETA: It''s funny, even though I don''t know any of these people in real life, there are some that I may actually like if I had the chance to know them. Leelee and Chloe are two that come to mind. I have seen things they''ve been in and they are talented. Other things, not so much. So I may retract those two.

I still can''t stand Paris Hilton though. I''m not retracting that one.
Tom Cruise is George Hamilton.
31.gif
What? You''ve never seen them together, have you?
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I second the Leo vote from Elmorton! He's just twelve years old with facial hair now; no different than his Growing Pains days IMO! I cannot begin to fathom why anyone thinks he is leading man material.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results