shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there celebrities that you dislike that others generally like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:29:16 PM
Author: Elmorton
I have a long list, and I feel bad for this because I know these people are real people - but a lot of this is the persona that they put on in the media or the persona that a publicist portrays, so....I guess it''s fair...

Victoria Beckham - that reality thing she did was awful

Leo Di Caprio - I don''t mind him as a person, but think he''s an awful actor

Beyonce is not a favorite, neither is Solange...

Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy...if you have to change your name for your evolving persona, I think that says it all.

Miley Cyrus - and worse, her father. Proof that wanting to be your child''s bff is an awful parenting strategy

Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron - I just think their real-life non-Disney persona is kinda sick, esp since their audiences are still kids

Scarlett Johansen - I don''t know why

I second Holly S on Madonna - though I think her music and career is pretty cool, I''m not a fan of how she lives her personal life...seems very pushy. Didn''t like her on the Britney documentary thing, either

Lea Remini - I thought it was cool how she came clean about her bad parenting on RR, but then she just kept on defending her decisions...

Mario Lopez - Heard some gross things that he did with co-eds when he came to perform on campus when I was in college

Kathy Lee Gifford - she seems so sheltered for what she should be

Katherine Heigl - Going off about the writers, her castmates, and everything else before she has a solid, long-term career? Not a fan - also didn''t like her in that movie that everyone thought was hilarious (but 27 dresses was cute)

Tom Cruise - he''s just always looked short to me
Totally agree! Shoot yourself in the foot Katherine Heigl! Grey''s made her famous and now all she does is talk smack about how awful the show/her storyline/writers are. I wish they would let her out of her contract to see just how long she survives...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:51:07 PM
Author: fieryred33143

Date: 12/19/2008 12:47:17 PM
Author: Lorelei
ROFL!!!

He does look a bit like a skeleton in that pic.....I see what Miss Holly means....

creepaway3.gif
I tried to find a photo of him that was very skeleton looking...turns out there''s a lot to choose from
32.gif
That''s because he doesn''t just resemble one . . . he is one!!
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 1:05:19 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 12/19/2008 12:51:07 PM
Author: fieryred33143

Date: 12/19/2008 12:47:17 PM
ROFL!!!

He does look a bit like a skeleton in that pic.....I see what Miss Holly means....

creepaway3.gif
I tried to find a photo of him that was very skeleton looking...turns out there''s a lot to choose from
32.gif
That''s because he doesn''t just resemble one . . . he is one!!
3.gif
LMAO!!!!
9.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Tyra Banks.
14.gif
Ptoooey.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 1:14:47 PM
Author: pixley
Tyra Banks.
14.gif
Ptoooey.
Agreed. She is Paris with an Oprah complex.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:47:09 PM
Date: 12/18/2008 9:00:13 PM

Author: Nocturnius

BAHAHAHAH. This thread is hilarious.

I hate Heidi Montag. Her face bothers me. I can''t stand her freaking face. Ugh.

Keanu Reeves! GRAH.

SCARLETT JOHANSSEN. She''s a freaking WITCH. Has anyone ever read or listened to any of her interviews? Witchy witchy woman! I just want to slap her stupid.

Jennifer Aniston. Overrated. End of story.

Denise Richards. And Pamela Anderson. Since the two of them only have half a brain between them, I''ll count them together.

Puff Daddy/P. Diddy/Sean Combs/whatever he calls himself now. He''s an idiot and he can''t even decide on his own damn name.

Avril Lavigne.

Gene Simmons. Cocky talentless bastard.

Frank Sinatra. I''m sorry, I can''t stand his voice.

Madonna. Another one I would probably slap stupid if we ever ran into each other. I can''t stand to listen to the stupidity that just POURS from her mouth whenever she isn''t singing.

Finally, someone besides myself and the DH has commited the cardinal sin of stating, for the record, that Ol'' Blue Eyes can''t carry a tune. He slid into his notes. He was flat a lot. He had too many affectations. He . . . . . oh well, I probably shouldn''t speak ill of the dead. But you gotta wonder how he became an icon. Especially to other singers who can actually sing.
33.gif

Holly, there were rumors he was in the Mafia!! Maybe that is how he became a singer. HA!!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Oh Paris
14.gif
but I''ve convinced myself that the only people that like Paris are Paris and her ego which is a monster all on its own.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 1:26:53 PM

Tyra Banks.
14.gif
Ptoooey.
9.gif
Haaaahaaa! SO TRUE!
9.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 1:26:53 PM

Tyra Banks.
14.gif
Ptoooey.
9.gif
LOL!!!!!!! Well put!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''ll prefice this by saying that I''m sure most of these people are perfectly nice and friendly, but as performers or actors or whatever, they just bug me!

Ok, seriously, not a single person said Rachael Ray?! She bugs the cr*p out of me! Yumm-o guys! I feel the need to punch anyone who says EVOO.

I don''t like Kiera Knightly at all. She''s just not attractive or a good actress!

Orlando Bloom. Sooooo unattractive! I do not get why girls like him. He was good in Lord of the Rings because he looked the part, but he''s played the same character in every movie since then. And he looks like a woman.

P Diddy. Nuff said. Kanye is also a complete jerk, but he is talented and I love his music. I can''t think of anything interesting P Diddy has given the world in the last 5-10 years.

Viggo Mortensen. While I''m on the subject of Lord of the Rings, I really don''t like him. He''s ok looking, but his voice just really bugs me. It''s so high pitched.

Christina Aguilera. I hate the way she sings ... just sing a note straight and stop warbling all over the place!! Plus, she grew up very close to me and I''ve heard some stories about her nasty personality while in high school. She just bugs me. Her only song I like is "Dirty" but that was from years ago.

Shakira - most annoying singing voice ever. It''s so nasal-y.

I also dislike most of the people who have been mentioned here, though I do like Gwyneth. I think she''s so pretty.

Oh, and Steven Colbert. I loved him on the Daily Show and I think he can be very funny, but it''s like all of a sudden he put on this jack*ss persona for the Colbert Report and he hasn''t looked back. I wish he would just be himself ... or try another funny persona for a while. I can watch the Daily Show every single day, but I have a limited attention span for the Colbert Report because his act just gets so old.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tom Arnold!!! ick ick ick!!!
14.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OMG...yes Tom Arnold, so gross!

LINDA!! did you get your gem stone yet???? (I know it's off topic, so sorry)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 12:29:16 PM
Author: Elmorton
I have a long list, and I feel bad for this because I know these people are real people - but a lot of this is the persona that they put on in the media or the persona that a publicist portrays, so....I guess it''s fair...

Victoria Beckham - that reality thing she did was awful

Leo Di Caprio - I don''t mind him as a person, but think he''s an awful actor

Beyonce is not a favorite, neither is Solange...

Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy...if you have to change your name for your evolving persona, I think that says it all.

Miley Cyrus - and worse, her father. Proof that wanting to be your child''s bff is an awful parenting strategy

Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron - I just think their real-life non-Disney persona is kinda sick, esp since their audiences are still kids

Scarlett Johansen - I don''t know why

I second Holly S on Madonna - though I think her music and career is pretty cool, I''m not a fan of how she lives her personal life...seems very pushy. Didn''t like her on the Britney documentary thing, either

Lea Remini - I thought it was cool how she came clean about her bad parenting on RR, but then she just kept on defending her decisions...

Mario Lopez - Heard some gross things that he did with co-eds when he came to perform on campus when I was in college

Kathy Lee Gifford - she seems so sheltered for what she should be

Katherine Heigl - Going off about the writers, her castmates, and everything else before she has a solid, long-term career? Not a fan - also didn''t like her in that movie that everyone thought was hilarious (but 27 dresses was cute)

Tom Cruise - he''s just always looked short to me
Leah Remini is Doug''s wife on King of Queens, right? I love her...but I''ve never seen her in "real life"...what''s RR?

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 2:08:25 PM
Author: Linda W
Tom Arnold!!! ick ick ick!!!
14.gif

Is Tom Arnold is a celebrity that anyone "generally likes"??
14.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I know someone is going to throw a stone at me for saying this, but I absolutely do not get Russell Crowe. Bloated, squinty, phone-throwing jerk. Blech.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 2:13:36 PM
Author: mochi
OMG...yes Tom Arnold, so gross!

LINDA!! did you get your gem stone yet???? (I know it''s off topic, so sorry)

mochi: It is coming today, I paid extra for overnight shipping
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sorry everyone for the mini threadjack.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Also, don't like Nickelback's lead singer. I just want to junk-punch that guy every time I hear his music or see his face.

Just to balance out my nastiness, I do like Michelle Pfeiffer. So pretty and such a good example of how to age gracefully and not pretend to be someone she's not. Me likey.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 2:24:10 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Okay, I know someone is going to throw a stone at me for saying this, but I absolutely do not get Russell Crowe. Bloated, squinty, phone-throwing jerk. Blech.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

God, I thought it was just me. I look at him and think. . . "Meg Ryan left Dennis Quaid for this idiot!" Dumb.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 2:54:26 PM

Date: 12/19/2008 2:24:10 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

God, I thought it was just me. I look at him and think. . . ''Meg Ryan left Dennis Quaid for this idiot!'' Dumb.
No. Me too. And ditto.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread! Lets see...I can't stand Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise, Jessica and Ashley Simpson, JLo, Madanna, Tara Reid, Jennifer Aniston, Tyra Banks, Lindsey Lohan, the Olsen's, Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson, Rosie O'Donnel and Katie Couric.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 7:21:34 AM
Author: AdiS
And Scarlett Johansson - while watching The Other Boleyn Girl with some friends I was so annoyed with her performance that I kept muttering under my breath and drove everyone else nuts. If you''re trying to portray innocence and kindness but you only manage to look mentally retarded, what does that say about your acting skills?!

This is the funniest thread I have ever read! Avis, I totally agree with your description of Scarlett''s performance. I couldn''t quite put my finger on what I didn''t like about her in this movie, and what you said just about sums it up!

As for actors I can''t stand:

Rosie O''Donnell -- She is at the top of my list. There are rocks rumbling around in that head of hers. PLEASE stop talking.

Oprah -- Why? You were my homegirl! Now you think you are God''s gift to earth and ONLY your opinions matter. Ugh!

Brangelina -- Get over yourselves already. Just because you have the "statuesque" pose down DOES NOT make you cool. It just makes you look like you ate something sour (that goes for you too, Posh and TomCat)

Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Olsen Twins -- Why are you famous?! I don''t get it.

Cameron Diaz -- Use to like her, starting to bug me a little. Can we say "overacting?"

Ok I''m done ranting. Whew, that felt good!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, Katie Curic! Can''t stand her anymore. Thanks for reminding me blushingbride!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I just remembered, I am not fond of Brittany Murphy.
40.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Thank you for this thread. I am in a terrible, rotten, horrid, mood and this little blip of negativity is bringing a smile to my evil face today!

At the top of my list are:

Russell Crowe...Too puffy.
Oprah...Too impressed with herself. I am convinced she is what is wrong with American women! I do have to admit to tuning in on a rare occasion to see what fab earrings she is wearing.
Madonna...She seems like a skank.

I could go on and on! There are only a few celebs I like. Topping that list is Brad and Angelina. Go figure. I don''t even know why. I just like them both.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 3:09:13 PM
40.gif
Ditto! She was cute in Clueless, but she hasn''t been cute in anything since then.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Dislike? Reality TV people.

I generally adore actors who came up through theatre.
Actors that I love include, Cate Blanchett, Sandra Oh, Rachel Weisz, and Gong Li.

Easier for me to think of those I really like, because I don''t like so many of the others.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 5:12:42 PM
Author: InLuv101
I seriously cannot stand Kanye West. He is the most arrogant man...gosh, that felt good to say, lol. Do not like him; will not listen to his music all because of his attitude.
38.gif

I totally agree!! And Lil Wayne REALLY bothers me!! What a waste of a human.. blech..

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few of the celebs I do like.

Jack Nicholson: I love his movies.

Al Pacino: Love his movies too

Meg Ryan: I think she is a cutie pie and seems down to earth. Love all the movies she has been in.

Tom Hank: Also seems down to earth and not full of himself.

Jim Carey: His movies made me laugh. They were silly, but made DH and I laugh.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 3:18:16 PM
Author: elrohwen

40.gif

Ditto! She was cute in Clueless, but she hasn''t been cute in anything since then.

I second that ditto! For some reason I feel like she doesn''t get enough sleep. She seems so high strung to me.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 3:27:30 PM
Author: idreamofcushions

Date: 12/19/2008 3:18:16 PM
Author: elrohwen

40.gif

I second that ditto! For some reason I feel like she doesn''t get enough sleep. She seems so high strung to me.
Sleep? I always assumed she was on some kind of stimulant ... like coke. Lol. Is that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results