shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there celebrities that you dislike that others generally like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 7:10:08 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 12/18/2008 7:01:12 PM
Author: Maisie
KIERA KNIGHTLY!!! AAAARGH!!!!

She drives me nutty!!!!! I just can''t watch her which is a pity because I love the Pirates of the Caribbean movies!!

Ohhh and Vanessa Hudgens off High School Musical. I can''t stand her either.. maybe its just the character she played but she is so cheesy and simpering!!
I love Bend it like Beckham but am completely w/you when it comes to her.
14.gif
She bugs me and I don''t know why.
26.gif
I think its because she loves herself too much!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I completely forgot about Madonna. I usually try to forget about her actually.

And, that Zack from the High School musicals. He''s so girly and his mouth and the way it moves literally makes me want to barf.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paris Hilton is very weird. She is so odd the way she goes on.. we have a show coming up here where she is looking for her new british best friend. The tv ad drives me batty!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I hate everyone...

Angelina Jolie, Jessica Simpson and her ugly sister Ashlee, Julia Styles (sp?), Miley Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow a lot of people really dislike Jennifer Lopez...I wonder what it is! A friend of mine once said to me that she has more respect for a prostitute on the street than she does for Jennifer Lopez
20.gif
...suffice it to say we''re not really friends anymore! Although she isn''t one of my favorite people/singers/actresses, I really do defend her because I feel like the reactions of some people towards her are sometimes a little over the top.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 7:29:50 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I hate everyone...

Angelina Jolie, Jessica Simpson and her ugly sister Ashlee, Julia Styles (sp?), Miley Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus.

this made me chuckle!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Angelina Jolie....can''t really even watch movies with her in it anymore.

Leelee sobeski...(don''t know if its spelled right) not that she is in the media that much, but she drives me nuts.

Audrina, Heidi, and Spencer.....but I love the Hills, so i put up with it.

For those non-Gwenyth lovers....have you seen her website GOOP ?

she sends out emails about living. I got one yesterday about cooking for the holidays...its pretty funny in an unintentional way.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really dislike Jennifer Garner. I can''t stand to watch any of her movies, there''s something about her that looks put-on to me. She looks like she''s always pouting her lips or something.

I''ve never found Brad Pitt to be attractive, but I really like his movies.

On the other hand, I love Angelina Jolie but I think that most people really dislike her.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of some of these people--Katy Perry???? And I hadn''t heard of Spencer and Heidi until a thread here on PS. I don''t see these types of people as celebrities.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Another for the Anti-Miley Cyrus Club. I feel inexplicably irritated every time I see her (or hear her weird voice).

I also do not like Jennifer Aniston--one reason why I love to read Perez Hilton (he''s not her biggest fan either).

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 7:55:02 PM
Author: Haven
I''ve never heard of some of these people--Katy Perry???? And I hadn''t heard of Spencer and Heidi until a thread here on PS. I don''t see these types of people as celebrities.
She sings that "I kissed a girl" song that is replayed over and over on every radio station.
And also that "hot/cold, yes/no, in/out, up/down" song....really meaningful lyrics. I''m sure that as a literature enthusiast like myself you can appreciate them.
11.gif

Sorry Musey!
3.gif

Not that Britney has much better lyrics, but I still feel like Britney is more "real".

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Generally speaking, I could really care less about celebrities. I don''t understand our fascination with them but here are what I think about some of them.

Beyonce - I have a love/dislike (I don''t hate) thing with her. Like, I like most of her music, I''ve seen her in concert and I think she''s great at what she does. I mean not everybody can do this , but I wish she would kind of go away and TAKE A BREAK. And, even though people say she''s kind of divalike, I do have something nice to say about her. I was in Chicago on a business trip and to make a long story short, we stayed in the same hotel on the same floor and I dropped some things and she was kind enough to help me pick them up. On the other hand, remember when the 2 original girls were kicked out of DC? Well, I recall watching something on TV and she alluded that the other 2 didn''t want to work and she was talking about money and wanting to have so much so she didn''t have to work. It really turned me off on her a little bit.

Zac Efron (High School Musical) - I call him Zacquisha or Manbangs. He''s just such a douche bag. Total douche.

Kanye West - Okay, so I notice how everyone here generally has a dislike for Kanye West. Well, I have to be completely honest, I am not much of a rap music person. But knowing a little bit about music and how much he does, I have to say that really no one can refute his talent. I mean, he writes pretty good songs and he''s a great producer. Does it give him the right to be a constant jackass? No but I kind of think he''s cute. Don''t kill me, please.

Jennifer Lopez - I CANNOT STAND her. Ohh. My. Gosh. Like, when I read all that crap about she has to have white sofas and white this and white that and all kind of other nonsense in her dressing room, I was like, no ma''am. She can''t sing, and she hasn''t been in a great movie since The Wedding Planner. I mean, at least Kanye is talented.

Will Smith - I don''t dislike him. Actually, I like him very much. But and there is a big one. I don''t think ANYONE on the face of the planet is worth 20 million plus a movie. Personally, I really have a hard time equating acting in a movie or what have you, with work. Like, it''s great that these people are talented and everything, but is it really worth paying them more than we pay teachers or doctors and other hard working professionals?

Jennifer Anniston - She''s making herself look really bad lately. She really need to give the Angelina stuff a rest.

People with record contracts that CANNOT sing - self explanatory

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lucky. I''m surprised none of my students listen to her, I''m normally pretty current with music because the high schoolers keep me up to date.

If I don''t hear about new musicians from my students, then I''ll never hear about them. If my radio is on, it''s tuned to NPR.

Musey--I didn''t see that she''s a friend of yours after my first read through this thread. Cool!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 8:18:40 PM
Author: Haven
Thanks, Lucky. I'm surprised none of my students listen to her, I'm normally pretty current with music because the high schoolers keep me up to date.
She's pretty new.

Lucky, no need to be sorry--your opinions are your own. I just try to steer clear of letting myself get too into these threads... inevitably someone I know and/or have worked with, and like, gets unfairly put down. I like to think that as long as people aren't hurting anyone, they have a right to make whatever kind of music/movies/tv/books/etc. they like... obviously someone out there likes it or they wouldn't be able to keep doing it.

To be fair, as a straight conservative woman you are not her target market
3.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
WHAT?? Nobody said Keanu Reeves yet?! I can''t stand him. How on earth did he become an actor? I can''t even sit through 10 minutes of one of his movies.

Jodie Foster annoys me in a way too... can''t put my finger on why, I think it''s her voice? I dunno.

A bunch of others too, most have been mentioned already... Paris & friends, Tom Cruise, Oprah.

Funny thread!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 8:37:32 PM
Author: Lynnie
WHAT?? Nobody said Keanu Reeves yet?! I can''t stand him. How on earth did he become an actor? I can''t even sit through 10 minutes of one of his movies.
Funny story about him, he''s one of the most studious actors ever! He''s famous for sitting in Samuel French (industry bookstore) and pouring over theatre books for hours on end. I think he''s one of those types who tries really hard, but the natural ability is just not quite there...

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 8:36:39 PM
Author: musey

To be fair, as a straight conservative woman you are not her target market
3.gif
I know what you mean, like I said, I get defensive when people talk bad about Britney!

As for your comment above though...I think that you''d be surprised at the type of music I listen to. It certaintly isn''t Mike Huckabee''s band, "Capitol Offense".
3.gif
I think I have very "liberal" musical tastes. Imogen Heap, the Smiths, Brand New....etc.
I''m not some stiff!
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I didn't mean that you are a stiff--I meant that her target market is gay male clubbers
2.gif
and BOY, do they love her!

Though I'm surprised that you'd poke fun at her Hot N' Cold lyrics, while being a Britney fan
4.gif
defending a favorite celeb is one thing, but defending a friend is something different. I take it a lot more personally when people criticize a friend as person (music, I don't care) than someone that I don't know.

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
BAHAHAHAH. This thread is hilarious.

I hate Heidi Montag. Her face bothers me. I can''t stand her freaking face. Ugh.

Keanu Reeves! GRAH.

SCARLETT JOHANSSEN. She''s a freaking WITCH. Has anyone ever read or listened to any of her interviews? Witchy witchy woman! I just want to slap her stupid.

Jennifer Aniston. Overrated. End of story.

Denise Richards. And Pamela Anderson. Since the two of them only have half a brain between them, I''ll count them together.

Puff Daddy/P. Diddy/Sean Combs/whatever he calls himself now. He''s an idiot and he can''t even decide on his own damn name.

Avril Lavigne.

Gene Simmons. Cocky talentless bastard.

Frank Sinatra. I''m sorry, I can''t stand his voice.

Madonna. Another one I would probably slap stupid if we ever ran into each other. I can''t stand to listen to the stupidity that just POURS from her mouth whenever she isn''t singing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 8:14:57 PM
Author: luckystar112

She sings that 'I kissed a girl' song that is replayed over and over on every radio station.
And also that 'hot/cold, yes/no, in/out, up/down' song....really meaningful lyrics. I'm sure that as a literature enthusiast like myself you can appreciate them.
11.gif
LOL LOL LOL
lol.gif
too funny Lucky, hardest I laughed all day!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gwinnie, Madonna and Sharon Stone. Oh and Elizabeth Hurley too--they spend an inordinate amount of time discussing their "obvious'' perfections. Need gravol.

Any and all celebs who claim if they hadn''t beem actors/singers/dancers they would have been Nobilists and Pulitzer Prize winners. You know, the pre-pre-pre law, med, physic, environmentalist, architecture wannibies......
20.gif

I don;t mind Beyonce, Angelina, and Britney!
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I second Lucky about Katy Perry and am on the HollyS and TGal "I dislike Oprah" bandwagon. For some reason her magazine especially bothers me...I don''t know why, I think it''s just because she is the only one who''s ever on the cover.

I have a deep-rooted passion of hatred for Mark Wahlberg. I won''t watch any of his movies, even if they''re on TV. His violent past should put him in prison, not Hollywood.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! I have to agree w/many of you PS''er on the Heidi/Spencer thing. WTF is up with that? Really? He''s not even CUTE!?!?!?! WTF? I have to admit...I love Angie...but taht''s because I"m a rebel at heart...and I went through the "weird phase" not the whole blood necklace thing...but still...you know..strange phase.

I love Keanu Reeves, just because he''s hot, and the matrix movies were bad A** IMO.

I LOVE ryan renolds, don''t know how he married Scarlet...although she was really good in the other bolen girl, or something like that.

Penn: I agree about the Zac thing...but what about that other guy? The Timberlink wanna be...Jessie Marcatrney or something like that?

Oh, and I used to love the song "I kissed a girl" idk why, but the chick annoys me beyond belief now.

Oh, and NO CLUE why, but even though i used to love the song "Keep bleed, keep keep bleeding in love,..." no clue who that chick is, but when I seen here...I though, ONE HIT WONDER! and then i realized the song just repeats...over...and over...and over again GRRR!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I completely agree with Paris, the Olsen Twins, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, Brad and Angelina, Madonna,Ashley Simpson, JLo and I''m going to add Victoria Beckham to the pot. Can''t stand her!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dislike people who are famous for no reason. At the top of my list are Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Lindsey Lohan, the Kardashians, and Liz Taylor. Paris Hilton is just so immensely clueless/ditzy/shallow.

Tom Cruise bugs me, too. George Hamilton is another one.

Leelee Sobieski and Chole Sevigny bug me, but I can't put my finger on why. *

I don't understand the appeal for anyone on Laguna Beach or The Hills either.

*ETA: It's funny, even though I don't know any of these people in real life, there are some that I may actually like if I had the chance to know them. Leelee and Chloe are two that come to mind. I have seen things they've been in and they are talented. Other things, not so much. So I may retract those two.

I still can't stand Paris Hilton though. I'm not retracting that one.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 6:56:28 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Paris Hilton, J Lo, Miley, Jonas Brothers, Tom Cruise, Madonna ( she has had TOO much work done), Nicole Richie, Beyonce, Jessica Simpson, and my fave of all......

SPENCER PRATT AND HEIDI MONTAG......FFI loves her and thinks she's hot...i think shes dumb as hell and needs to find a better man!!!

Spencer...I wanna punch him in the face....just for fun...I don't know why...

Ditto on the Spencer and Heidi......Why are their pictures everywhere? Seriously THE most annoying couple EVER.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 6:34:59 PM
Author: HollyS
Oh my. I think I would have to start a ''Celebrities I DO Like'' thread, instead of choosing just a few that annoy me. It''s much too easy to dislike so many of them.

P. Diddy -- Biggest. Ego. Ever. And not a shred of actual talent. Kanye West would be runner-up in this category.

JLo -- for such lousy choices in men (especially her husband), and her escalating divaness. She is Generation X''s Elizabeth Taylor. And we all know how well that turned out. Beyonce would be runner-up for Her Divaness. Not that they aren''t talented; it''s the over-the-top glamour that lost its luster after the early ''60s.

Paris Hilton -- could anyone, ever, be more shallow? Or a bigger waste of oxygen? Lindsey Lohan, talented though she is, has proved almost as shallow. We won''t even discuss Britney.

Olsen twins -- loose the eyeliner, the granny clothes, and the ubiquitous coffee cups. And actually do something besides attend parties.

George Clooney -- He''s gorgeous. He''s funny. But he needs to shut his political piehole. (And I expect the conservative Hollywood politicos to do the same, thanks.)

Madonna -- what, exactly, has she had a career based on? A constantly changing image? She''s the female P. Diddy; great marketing skills and zero talent.

Miley Cyrus -- aside from being a Disney-created teen queen, what is so wonderful about her? She''s no Hilary Duff. Neither is Hilary. Or Vanessa. Give me Raven.

Rosie O''Donnell -- Crass and an ass. What a combo.

Donald Trump -- you would think a wealthy man could afford a decent barber. Or even a trip to the J.C. Penney salon at the nearest mall.

Barry Manilow -- just admit it already; you''re gay!! And you write schlock music.

Rod Stewart -- he just needs to give up. Enough. Already. Croak no more. Please.

OMG Holly, you almost made me wet my britches reading this ha ha ha ha ha.

I feel like smacking Madonna and telling her to "grow up"
14.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and Kathie Lee Gifford drives me nuts!!! I feel like choking her
9.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Can''t stand Tom and Katie, JLo and MA, and other so-called celebrities who thinks their ca-ca doesn''t stink... I''d rather have someone duct-tape my hemorroids and yank it off than to spend any of my time reading about them.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:56:24 AM
Author: mochi
Can''t stand Tom and Katie, JLo and MA, and other so-called celebrities who thinks their ca-ca doesn''t stink... I''d rather have someone duct-tape my hemorroids and yank it off than to spend any of my time reading about them.

OMG!!!!! I just choked on my gatorade!!!! BWA HA HA!

Musey, that is funny about Keanu. Never woulda guessed he is one of the more studious actors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results