shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Well those are some gorgeous colors there, Acinom - the stones and the gold! It turned out fabulous and I'm very glad to hear you are so happy with it! YAY! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BaileyC|1433615920|3886014 said:
Well those are some gorgeous colors there, Acinom - the stones and the gold! It turned out fabulous and I'm very glad to hear you are so happy with it! YAY! :appl:

Thank you for your kind words BaileyC! I am so looking forward to see the colour of the 20K RG in real life. I surely love it in the pics

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1433615491|3886009 said:
Minousbijoux: thank you for sharing this and your kind words 8-)
I do realise that a bypass is not for everyone. I feel so flattered that you do like the end result.

Niel: ah, you remembered! I indeed immediately thought if the smooth Cartier stackers when I saw this pair! I am so glad I could combine 2 inspirations in this ring: bypass as well as Cartier stackers.
How is your 3 stone progressing?

Aren't you sweet for asking! I have no idea, I only approved the cads Thursday night so I'm not surprised I haven't heard anything. I'm having him engrave the first and middle names of my kids on the inside, so I'm excited about that lol.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel: I love that you will have the names of your kids engraved!! Such a nice personal touch. Looking forward to see the result.
Happy waiting Niel :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I would do a 'before and after'. While both are beautiful, the second version in RG is more 'me'. It also shows me how it's important to listen to your gut feeling and that the first idea is often a good match.

_30926.jpg

_30927.jpg

_30928.jpg

_30929.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, after the yellow drama, it's time for a revised PRE-BAN PROJECT OVERVIEW

1. Paraiba international ring in DK split setting (to be shipped)
2. TGT blue and pink sapphires in bypass setting by DK (to be shipped)
3. Select Gems untreated aqua in vintage style DK setting (in progress)

_30930.jpg

_30931.jpg

_30932.jpg

_30933.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4. Yellow: on hold
5. 'Something different' to be cut by Jeff White and set in a simple solitaire?
6. Electric blue topaz by Bespoke Gems (Doug): will be cut round instead of Asscher style and set into the 'crazy Emilya' by VC
7. Natural blue topaz by Bespoke Gems, to be set in straight french cut band by DK?
The natural blue topaz is currently cut. The electric blue will be cut after that.

_30934.jpg

_30935.jpg

_30936.jpg

_30937.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great round up Acinom, and it's helpful to look at your 2 versions of the bypass ring side by side, I defintely prefer the RG version. The natural blue topaz and french cut band sounds yummy. Love all your new rings.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
*Sigh* you have so many amazing projects on the go! I really love the two setting styles picked out for the topazes. :love:

I'm very excited to see your "something different". JW posted an amazing purple stone on Facebook not that long ago... If it's anything like this stone.. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1433659162|3886148 said:
Also, after the yellow drama, it's time for a revised PRE-BAN PROJECT OVERVIEW

1. Paraiba international ring in DK split setting (to be shipped)
2. TGT blue and pink sapphires in bypass setting by DK (to be shipped)
3. Select Gems untreated aqua in vintage style DK setting (in progress)

PRE BAN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see the post ban projects :saint: :D

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Acinom, I just had to come in here again and drool over your paraiba ring. Of course, all the projects you have going are turning out so very well that we've seen thus far, but that paraiba is just SO right up my alley. I'm dead serious when I say that it's so magically dreamy and makes me want to have a swim in tropical waters. And it's so elegant and antiquey, too - to say I love it is really quite an understatement.

It seems we're both on a "ban", but if you keep posting that picture you're going to make me cave like a house of cards! And I can't afford to cave right now, else my long-awaited eastern european vacation will be in jeopardy!

Please excuse me while I run buy a lottery ticket.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Liking the new-design by-pass ring. :love:

And I hope you would find a suitable yellow stone soon!

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems: thank you for your kind words!! I too prefer the RG smoothness and it seems to combine quite well with the blue and pink.

Ricezo: it will take a while before I will set the topazes as my money-tree will have to grow just a bit more.
Will update you on the "something different" once I know more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marlow & Arkieb: whahaha, do I detect just a tiny bit of cynism there regarding Big Ban 8-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BaileyC: Aww, thank you for your kind words about the Paraiba. I cannot wait to finally see it with my own eyes!
The Ban seems to be a trending topic. How long will your ban last or is that 'flexible' :lol:

DK: thank you!!! I love the outcome too. Looking forward to wear this smooth and warm version.
I have had it with the search for yellow, though the wish to add a pretty yellow to be collection is still there.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't give up on yellow yet, as I am certain there is a yellow CS with your name on it somewhere.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YELLOW UPDATE

DK's words proved right! I found my yellow! I bought the 5.47 ct untreated/unheated Danburite from Precision Gem. I love the shape: a 10 sided round. The colour in the glamour pic looks different comparing to the handshot. I love both colours so I am confident that I will love it in real life as well.

Thank you for your support during the search for yellow!

_30959.jpg

_30960.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

I wondered if that beauty would find its way to you; I completely thought of you when I saw the drop. Yay! Super exciting, Acinom. :appl:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Yeeeee...that is a gorgeous yellow! :love:

You have so many amazing projects on the go Acinom! The natural topaz with french cut sides! The split shank paraiba! :drool: :appl:

I am not on a ban per se, but on the self imposed very slow and very careful program. Sometimes I have to avoid coming on your thread and looking at your wonderful collection, just so the gem lust doesn't get the better of me! ;))

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I saw that beautiful yellow danburite and hoped it was yours! Congrats!

I also really love the smooth lines of the bypass ring, and the RG. Great choice!!!!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1433687069|3886203 said:
Lovinggems: thank you for your kind words!! I too prefer the RG smoothness and it seems to combine quite well with the blue and pink.

Ricezo: it will take a while before I will set the topazes as my money-tree will have to grow just a bit more.
Will update you on the "something different" once I know more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marlow & Arkieb: whahaha, do I detect just a tiny bit of cynism there regarding Big Ban 8-)

NOOOO - not cynical!!!

You will def. have a big ban each 29 of Februar each year - except custom cut afghan tourmaline, fine Mahenge, Merelani or other extremely fine gems are offered. :D :D :D

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! I saw that stone on the drop and wondered who got it! Yellow DanDan (yes never mind me :lol: ) seems to be so hard to find but its sooooo pretty.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkliesluver: thank you for your kind words and your yellow vibes when you saw the Danburite.

EvangelineG: I love that concept of the self imposed very slow and very careful programming. Sounds a bit like my pre-ban :lol: Thank you for your kind words in my yellow thread and this thread.

Sapphirestyle: thank you!!! And thanks again for your inspiration. I hope you will set your yellow zircon by the way :love:

Marlow: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arcadian: thank you! I have never seen a Danburite with my own eyes. So curious to see what it looks like. Are you familiar with them?

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, just wanted to say I love following along with your projects. All absolutely amazing!!! Please do a big photos shoot of your entire collection once the ban starts. :bigsmile:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom, love the new bypass ring! I love the elegant simplicity of it. The colours just pop and come alive in the rose gold. As you mentioned, sometimes we just have to listen to our gut feeling. I believe we can overthink a project and it can get us (or at least it does me) into trouble.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom,

Glad to hear the yellow Danburite is yours, and I look forward to seeing the finished ring.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
That's a gorgeous stone Acinom, I'm glad you were able to purchase it. I love the high crown.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful Acinom! Do you know much about danburite? I've sever seen one in person. Is it too early to enquire about setting ideas??

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all :wavey:

DecoDaze: mm, I only recently realised that it will take the remainder of 2015 to set my stones with these setting choices :twisted: My stone buying ban has now started, seems like the total ban wi start by the end of 2015 or the beginning of 2016. I will indeed snap some last pre-ban pics by then.

Poodles4me: I can so relate to what you are saying about listening to your gut feeling. Thank you for your kind words about the bypass ring. I am looking forward wearing the ring. Somehow the warm gold makes the stones pop.

DK: you were quite right about not giving up on the yellow. Still learning every day!!

Lovinggems: so glad I was able to acquire the Danburite. Thank you for your kind words.

Ricezo: no, I have never seen a Danburite in real life. And even on PS I have not seen many.
It's never to early for setting ideas, but I have no idea just yet. Some days ago I saw a beautiful 10 prong solitaire with a center diamond. But would it take away from the 10 sided solitaire or enhance it? Any setting ideas are welcome.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new bypass setting looks very versatile and wearable; it is also more to my taste. :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results