shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
No, thank you for choosing this design. Your Aqua will look perfect in that setting. Yes, David and Amy are saints to willingly made so many changes for me.

David took those pics of the ring before added fine milgrain so if you want more antique look, ask him to do the same. Here is the only pic I have of the ring after milgrain added. Hope you can see the difference.

_30638.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so generous Violetphoenix. Thank you!!!

I indeed want a vintage look and I love milgrain added to an engraved ring. Thank you for mentioning this and posting the photo. I will mention it to David.
What is Amy's role? Until now I have only dealt with David and he is so great to work with!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to chime in that I love the setting for the aqua and am really glad you love your new zircon. It looks amazing and I can't wait to see how you set it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SapphireStyle|1432828662|3882261 said:
Just wanted to chime in that I love the setting for the aqua and am really glad you love your new zircon. It looks amazing and I can't wait to see how you set it!

Thank you Saphirestyle :wavey: I am so glad you posted your beautiful zircon when I was searching for my ideal yellow stone! That led me to Jeff White and now you have also inspired fellow PSer and yellow searcher Yssie. I was truly inspired by your sprakly stone.
Do you have any plans setting yours? I think I will choose a very simple setting for mine to let the stone be the true star.

Thanks for your kind words about the Aqua ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm. Just added this to my list of favourite settings:

_30690.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nonono :nono:
I am NOT going to buy this to have it set into the VC setting

_30691.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I don't want to be an enabler but that VC setting and stone are stunning!! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1432972112|3882936 said:
Nonono :nono:
I am NOT going to buy this to have it set into the VC setting

That is a lovely stone, and I have been eyeing it for ages!!!

DK :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ricezo: thanks for confirming the beauty of this possible combination :twisted:

DK: you have! Me too. And somehow I keep coming back to it. It would be could if "someone" would buy it.

The other option is to ask Doug to create a round instead of an Asscher topaz...
The pink would look fabulous in this setting though. Ah, the perils of a bannnnn 8-)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom I see more pink and red gemstone rings in your future. 8-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1432982567|3882956 said:
Acinom I see more pink and red gemstone rings in your future. 8-)
Whahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: That could very well be. I did contact Richard Homer about the rubellite. Turning the electric blue topaz from Doug Menadue into a round would also be a good and ban-friendly option 8-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LET THE BLUES BEGIN!!!
Doug Menadue shot me an email about the cutting process of the big blue untreated topaz. Yay!!
He has been quite busily working through hisorders and he is now just about up to the big piece of natural blue topaz and all the gems he got to cut from it. After finalising a smaller order on Monday he is ready to start. He hopes to begin maybe this Tuesday or Wednesday if all goes to plan and continue in the following week.

So in short, over the next two weeks Doug will be working on all the orders coming form the natural blue topaz 8-) 8-) 8-)

The first step will be to slice the big piece up into smaller ones.
Lovinggems, Shulaibaoma, Mochiko and myself will be eagerly following the process I am sure.

_30708.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YOUR HELP NEEDED FOR THE TWO ROW TWISTED EMILYA SETTING BY VICTOR CANERA

So... I really love the VC design with reversed two row halo and plain shank.
There are several options for the center stone. In have contacted Richard Homer about the concave cut rubellite. But, as this would be a ban breaking activity, Doug can also cut the electric blue rough into a round instead of an Asscher design.
3 options here:
1. Antique round cut
2. SGI cut
And a third option here would be to choose a concave cut.

Would love to hear what you think!!

_30709.jpg

_30710.jpg

_30711.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The more sporty SGI cut:

_30712.jpg

_30713.jpg

_30714.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or should I opt for concave cutting?

_30715.jpg

_30716.jpg

_30717.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm, I personally prefer the SGI or concave faceting for the modern setting.

However, the antique cut has a genteel charm about it that I like, perhaps in a different setting.

Re: the electric blue roughs in the last post, I thought the roughs have been treated, and not the untreated roughs with lighter colours. :confused:

I debated with myself for a nano second whether to contact Doug M about an untreated blue topaz or not, and decided against it, as I shall be purchasing 2 blue zircons and an aqua soon, to add to my 2 aquas.

Therefore, I shall ogle at others' instead, can't wait!

DK :))

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I am going to vote for the Rubellite. :cheeky:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for chiming in DK and Lovinggems :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Lovinggems: thanks for your vote! Ha! You want to enable a ban breaking decision :lol:
Have you seen the post about the top color topaz: our stones will be cut in the next two weeks.

DK: thanks for sharing your opinion. I appreciate it.
What are your plans with the two zircons and aqua you will acquire? Can't wait to see those. Are you already eyeing specific stones or will they be cut for you?
I do not understand your question about the topaz rough? I think all electric blues are 'treated' (heated?) in some way. Could you please clarify your question?

I have also received some offline excellent feedback from Arkieb.
Currently I am gearing towards a modern cut for this particular setting. I have also asked Victor for feedback or possible restrictions (for example about the depth of the stone).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1433088369|3883284 said:
DK: thanks for sharing your opinion. I appreciate it.
What are your plans with the two zircons and aqua you will acquire? Can't wait to see those. Are you already eyeing specific stones or will they be cut for you?
I do not understand your question about the topaz rough? I think all electric blues are 'treated' (heated?) in some way. Could you please clarify your question?

One of the blue zircons should be in the bag very soon.

The other one is a 10mm approx. trillion, to be cut by JW as next year's projects along with a 6ct+ aqua.

Re: the electric blue topaz roughs pic, I thought it was a pic for the untreated natural blue topazes that you and the others are having cut. I believe I got that wrong!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah! I knew about the big aqua and the trillion zircon. You have some great projects coming up, together with the danburite and the Afghan green tourmaline. And setting the concave cut Ammy :love: :love: :love:

In this pic you see the top colour untreated topaz (the big chunk) as well as the electric blue roughs on the right. Doug will cut Asschers out of the large top colour rough for Lovinggems, Shulaibaoma, Mochiko and me.

_30728.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand the bit about Doug is going to cut the "Top Colour" rough for the four of you, however, I do not understand the link between the electric blue roughs pic you posted and the Top Colour rough project(s), as the roughs are not one and the same. Hope that makes sense.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, Doug will cut 2 stones for me:
- a 11 mm top colour untreated topaz, Asscher cut
- a 10 mm electric blue topaz. Originally this was planned as an Asscher as well, but will now be turned into a round to make a good match with the setting from Victor Canera.

So, that was probably the source of your confusion: I will have 2 stones instead of 1 :D

Also, originally I planned to order the electric blue as well as the vivid blue. That was until Ricezo posted the top colour: I then swapped the sky blue for the top colour.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got you now!!!

I lost track along the way, and did not realise you are having 2 stones from Doug, one electric blue and one natural blue!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1433096853|3883344 said:
Got you now!!!

I lost track along the way, and did not realise you are having 2 stones from Doug, one electric blue and one natural blue!

Whahaha! Anyone would loose track in 16 pages :lol: :lol: :lol:

My revised pre BIG BAN list:
In progress:
1. Paraiba split shank ring (ready but not in my possession yet)
2. Aqua ring in Vintage RG setting (wax approved, to be casted)
3. Non colour matching sapphires in bypass setting (wax approved, to be casted)

near future list:
4. Yellow zircon by Jeff White, to be set in a simple platinum solitaire, possibly with bezeled kite set frenchies in the gallery
5. Electric Blue topaz, to be cut by Doug Menadue. Possibly into a modern round. To be set in the twisted halo setting by VC
6. Top colour topaz, to be set in french cut or carre cut tapered or straight setting by David Klass?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1433097726|3883353 said:
dk168|1433096853|3883344 said:
Got you now!!!

Whahaha! Anyone would loose track in 16 pages :lol: :lol: :lol:

My revised pre BIG BAN list:
In progress:
1. Paraiba split shank ring (ready but not in my possession yet)
2. Aqua ring in Vintage RG setting (wax approved, to be casted)
3. Non colour matching sapphires in bypass setting (wax approved, to be casted)

near future list:
4. Yellow zircon by Jeff White, to be set in a simple platinum solitaire, possibly with bezeled kite set frenchies in the gallery
5. Electric Blue topaz, to be cut by Doug Menadue. Possibly into a modern round. To be set in the twisted halo setting by VC
6. Top colour topaz, to be set in french cut or carre cut tapered or straight setting by David Klass?

Honestly Acinom you should be the ambassador of beautiful gemstones and gemstone rings. You have such amazing taste.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very impressive list!

Is the top colour topaz another example of huge difference between cost of the stone vs cost of the setting, as the setting with frenchies or carre cut sides will be quite substantial?!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN: aww, thank you for your kind words! I feel blessed with the guidance and inspiration here on PS as it helps me to see things from different perspectives.

DK: yes, it would definitely classify for the 'low cost stones in high cost settings' thread. I started my PS collection with a setting with french cut sides and I love the glow of frenchies. It would be great if my last pre-ban project could be a french cut ring again. But there are so much possibilities: a straight shank, a tapered shank or only the top frenchie tapered (like in Art Nouveau's Paraiba ring). Or I could enhance the Asccher step cut with carre sides: straight or tapered. Ah... all these choices!

_30731.jpg

_30735.jpg

_30736.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or something like this?

_30737.jpg

_30738.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the tapered look, gorgeous inspiration rings by the way.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1433105345|3883396 said:
I prefer the tapered look, gorgeous inspiration rings by the way.

Thank you so much for sharing your view DK!
Would you choose the tapered carre's or the tapered frenchies like below to combine with the Asscher cut topaz?

_30739.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results