carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a tough one!

I would probably have tapered frenchies with a round or oval cut stone; and tapered carre cuts with an EC/Asscher/Radiant.

So glad I do not like stones in the shank, one less design element to consider!

DK :bigsmile:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1433047966|3883188 said:
LET THE BLUES BEGIN!!!
Doug Menadue shot me an email about the cutting process of the big blue untreated topaz. Yay!!
He has been quite busily working through hisorders and he is now just about up to the big piece of natural blue topaz and all the gems he got to cut from it. After finalising a smaller order on Monday he is ready to start. He hopes to begin maybe this Tuesday or Wednesday if all goes to plan and continue in the following week.

So in short, over the next two weeks Doug will be working on all the orders coming form the natural blue topaz 8-) 8-) 8-)

The first step will be to slice the big piece up into smaller ones.
Lovinggems, Shulaibaoma, Mochiko and myself will be eagerly following the process I am sure.

Doug also mentioned that he will be documenting the cutting process from rough to finished stones on his FB and Instagram pages, for those who are interested in observing the journey :)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh thanks Mochiko, I'll definitely be following on Insta!

Acinom - have you decided on a shape/cut for your topaz?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Acinom for the news, I will try not to think about it too much until it's up else I'll probably click refresh every hour for updates. :cheeky:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko: after slicing, yours will be the first that will be cut and polished. I cannot wait to see the result. Also, I am going to enjoy seeing the project evolve on Instagram :dance:

Ricezo: the untreated top colour will be cut in the Asscher style. The electric blue will be cut a round. I was already starting to gear towards the SG1 after sending mails back and forth with Arkieb. The choice for a more modern cut was also confirmed here in this thread. Last night I also got Victor's recommendation. So the SG1 it is!! I think it will be a perfect choice for Victor's setting.
The ring is actually an Emilya gone crazy with the cushion halo shifted 45 degrees. I never thought I would wear an Emilya. Do you think a matching band with a single row of melee would be nice or would it bee too much bling?

Lovinggems: I am afraid I will behave the same. Doug will start on Tuesday or Wednesday. I will probably hit the refresh button a zillion time from tomorrow onwards. I hope the four of us will all love the colour.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I think a matching band would look beautiful - it would be nice to have the option to wear one!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug just posted the first pic of the prepped rough on IG!

PS Acinom, I think the round will be gorgeous for your electric blue topaz [emoji7]

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1433220309|3883997 said:
Doug just posted the first pic of the prepped rough on IG!

PS Acinom, I think the round will be gorgeous for your electric blue topaz [emoji7]

Here are the screenshots for those without Insta!

_30762.jpg

_30763.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Ricezo. I love the description, the mother stone and sibling stones. :dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Follow Lovinggems', Mochiko's, Shulaibaoma's, Pyramid's and my journey on how the rough transforms to cut gems here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rhapsody-in-bespoke-gems-blues.213660/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rhapsody-in-bespoke-gems-blues.213660/[/URL]

Will receive the new photo's of the bypass ring today or tomorrow! And the vintage style ring with untreated aqua is progressing swiftly as well. Will keep you posted!! So curious to see what they will look like.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Follow Lovinggems', Mochiko's, Shulaibaoma's, Pyramid's and my journey on how the rough transforms to cut gems here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rhapsody-in-bespoke-gems-blues.213660/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rhapsody-in-bespoke-gems-blues.213660/[/URL]

Will receive the new photo's of the bypass ring today or tomorrow! And the vintage style ring with untreated aqua is progressing swiftly as well. Will keep you posted!! So curious to see what they will look like.

Can't wait! :appl: :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Sparkliesluver :wavey:
Were you referring to your new and gorgeous Chrysoprase in the Rhapsody in Bespoke Gems Blues thread or do you have something else cooking? :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

Hi, Acinom. :)

Thank you for the kind words about the chrysoprase - it should arrive on Monday! :lol: I've actually had a low-key search going on for quite some time for a certain spinel, and as of right now one is en route to me and there's another that's come to the surface.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1433506382|3885484 said:
Hi, Acinom. :)

Thank you for the kind words about the chrysoprase - it should arrive on Monday! :lol: I've actually had a low-key search going on for quite some time for a certain spinel, and as of right now one is en route to me and there's another that's come to the surface.

Looking forward to see that Chrysoprase in your own photo's! Please make lots of pics on Monday.
So, 2 'certain spinels'?? Wow, you are quite on a roll lately. Will you pick both or one of these?
You have a great taste so I am convinced there is a lot of beauty coming your way. Keep us posted!

S

SparkliesLuver

I will. :)

haha Yep, two spinels. I hope to pick one, but if I don't love either then both will find their way back to their respected owner. Aw, thank you. I appreciate your kind words! :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1433512193|3885531 said:
I will. :)

haha Yep, two spinels. I hope to pick one, but if I don't love either then both will find their way back to their respected owner. Aw, thank you. I appreciate your kind words! :)

Yay! Any ideas on how to set them in the future?

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:

Possibly a micro halo - think lots of bling - but that's sort of my ideal. This stone, whenever I find "the one," will remain unset for awhile, as I'll have to save. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1433523384|3885627 said:
Acinom said:

Possibly a micro halo - think lots of bling - but that's sort of my ideal. This stone, whenever I find "the one," will remain unset for awhile, as I'll have to save. :)

Squeal! Have you been Mahenge shopping?!!

S

SparkliesLuver

minousbijoux said:
Squeal! Have you been Mahenge shopping?!!

hehe Maaaaaaaybe. :whistle:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1433523384|3885627 said:
Acinom said:

Whahaha! I know the feeling. So many stones, so little time... And a not unlimited budget. Would love to see your project list once you have decided on your new stones.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PROJECT UPDATE

the yellow zircon
Unfortunately this did not turn out as planned as the heated colour faded. Apparantly this is something that can happen in the first week after heating. The stone will be sent back to Jeff. I was cinvinced I had found my ideal yellow stone, but unfortunately it turned out differently: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-some-yellow-in-my-future-the-jeff-white-saga.211900/page-5#post-3885860#p3885860']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-some-yellow-in-my-future-the-jeff-white-saga.211900/page-5#post-3885860#p3885860[/URL]

I have asked Jeff to cut a different stone for me. Still reviewing the options, but it will not be another yellow zircon

_30905.jpg

_30906.jpg

_30907.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PROJECT UPDATE

Rendez-vous of pink and blue: the bypass ring
I just received photo's of the bypass ring and I am really happy with the outcome. I love the clean and smooth lines and the stones take center stage. I am looking forward wearing this ring. Thank your Sparkliesluver for suggesting a bypass design. Thank you Arkieb for your honest feedback and great inspiration! Thank you The Gem Trader for the lovely stones and thank you David for creating another coveted ring.

_30909.jpg

_30911.jpg

_30912.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sapphires are now set in a bezel. The ring is made in 20K RG:

_30915.jpg

_30916.jpg

_30917.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love the rich RG Acinom, I did love the previous version but this version is better. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1433571284|3885879 said:
I love the rich RG Acinom, I did love the previous version but this version is better. :love:

Thank you Lovinggems :wavey:
I appreciate your kind words. I love the warm RG as well and it complements the sapphires so well.

_30918.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Acinom! I love the smooth lines and modern look. The rose gold compliments the sapphires well. :appl:

When will you receive the ring?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank your for your compliments Ricezo. And thank you for your support along the way. It has been quite a journey but I am happy with the result. Need to discuss the shipping with David. Either asap or I will wait until the vintage style ring with Aquamarine is ready and have it all send to me in one go. Though it might be much safer to have the rings sent in different packages.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1433573542|3885885 said:
Lovinggems|1433571284|3885879 said:

Thank you Lovinggems :wavey:
I appreciate your kind words. I love the warm RG as well and it complements the sapphires so well.

I am not a fan of bypass rings generally. I internally winced when you wanted a bypass. Although the stones are perfectly matched in tone and saturation, I still thought the metal would favor one over the other. But I was completely wrong. I'm standing in the corner now. But as I stand in the corner, I want you to know that I love your ring; the smooth gold, the bezels, and the color of the rose gold. Excellent!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this ring a lot, particularly becuase its reminiscent of the cartier rings you were thinking of making. Best of both worlds

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minousbijoux: thank you for sharing this and your kind words 8-)
I do realise that a bypass is not for everyone. I feel so flattered that you do like the end result.

Niel: ah, you remembered! I indeed immediately thought if the smooth Cartier stackers when I saw this pair! I am so glad I could combine 2 inspirations in this ring: bypass as well as Cartier stackers.
How is your 3 stone progressing?

_30925.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results