shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom - I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask but I'll go for it. Your gorgeous blue sapphire ring is one of my all time favourite rings I've seen on Pricescope. The colour is what I dream of in a future ring for myself. You may have answered this is a previous post but is your sapphire slightly silky? It seems to have a glow which I love and it's rich colour attracts me. If it is slightly silky than I'll know what to look for when I continue my search. Some of the sapphires I've looked at seem to black out in most of our lighting conditions (I live in a fairly northern locale).

You have a stunning collection!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1433849715|3886851 said:
The new bypass setting looks very versatile and wearable; it is also more to my taste. :cheeky:
Thank you Chrono! I am really happy I could incorporate both the Cartier stackers as well as the bypass concept in one ring.

_30977.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles4me|1433868213|3886944 said:
Acinom - I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask but I'll go for it. Your gorgeous blue sapphire ring is one of my all time favourite rings I've seen on Pricescope. The colour is what I dream of in a future ring for myself. You may have answered this is a previous post but is your sapphire slightly silky? It seems to have a glow which I love and it's rich colour attracts me. If it is slightly silky than I'll know what to look for when I continue my search. Some of the sapphires I've looked at seem to black out in most of our lighting conditions (I live in a fairly northern locale).

You have a stunning collection!

Thank you so much for your kind words Poodles4me. I hope you will find your drram sapphire as well. My stone indeed appears to be slightly glowy/silky in some lighting conditions and in some not so much. I can really recommend seeing a lot of stones in real life to determine what speaks to you and what does not.

_30979.jpg

_30980.jpg

_30981.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, your sapphire is simply amazing. I love everything about the ring. :love: :love: :love:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Acinom! I appreciate the new pictures. Your ring is beyond gorgeous. A while ago I actually sent a link to my jeweller with pictures of your ring telling her this was the colour I was after. So far no luck but we haven't given up. She's still on the hunt. I am hoping my husband and I can get to San Diego sometime and then I'll be able to pop into Gemfix to have a look at their inventory in person.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your CS collection is simply STUNNING!

The care you take in matching the setting to the stone really pays off in beautiful rings. I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Thank you for sharing your collection.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words Derbygal, Poodles4me and Stone Hunter!!
Poodles4me: ow, it must be amazing to pop into Gemfix one day!! That would be a great experience. I would do that anyway if I were in your shoes. You may find your dreamstone there or it will at least be helpful to see many sapphires in real life.

UPDATE
Bespoke Gems Blues
The first two Asschers cut by Doug are ready! See the Bespoke Gems Blues thread for the result. These are probably Mochiko's and mine.

Untreated Aqua in vintage style RG
So happy with my new ring, designed by Violetphoenix and David Klass. I received the ready pix by David last night. Looking forward to wear this ring. I am thrilled with the RG but I have to get used to it as well compared to platinum or WG. David's engraving looks top notch.

_31054.jpg

_31056.jpg

_31057.jpg

_31058.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The RG goes well with the colour of the aqua, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1434137700|3888481 said:
The RG goes well with the colour of the aqua, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Thank you DK! I wonder how close the colour is to the Asscher topaz. The settings will be totally different, so it actually does not matter much. I might post it in the 'more... of the same' thread once I have the final products in my hand.

_31065.jpg

_31066.jpg

_31067.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The new Aqua ring is beautiful, what karat of RG was used for this ring? :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom, your new ring is gorgeous! That engraving is divine and the rose gold complements the Aqua nicely. :appl: You must be so excited to receive your new rings!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the detailed setting of your aqua. Acinom, you always have the most beautiful rings :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1434147650|3888548 said:
The new Aqua ring is beautiful, what karat of RG was used for this ring? :love:

Thank you lovinggems. The ring is made from solid 20K RG. David said beforehand that the colour might look like YG in these high Karats. I am curious to see the colour in real life.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1434148319|3888556 said:
Acinom, your new ring is gorgeous! That engraving is divine and the rose gold complements the Aqua nicely. :appl: You must be so excited to receive your new rings!

Ricezo: thank you for your kind words! The 3 rings will be shipped by the end of June. I cannot wait!

_31084.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1434157206|3888602 said:
I love the detailed setting of your aqua. Acinom, you always have the most beautiful rings :)

Aww, that means a lot to me Mochiko, especially coming from you. What does your project list currently looks like?

_31085.jpg

_31086.jpg

_31087.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And meanwhile... I am trying to figure out whether...

_31091.jpg

_31092.jpg

_31093.jpg

_31094.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, white metal will contrast better with the yellow Danburite, and I like the setting inspirations.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your view DK. The contrast will indeed be better set in platinum or RG.
On the other hand I love the lusciousness and warmth of the YG/RG version. Decisions decisions...

Have not heard back from Mark Williams yet.

_31116.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh ill totally be jelly when you're done with this. :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

Here's an example of one of his rings with a similarly faceted stone.
I would have as many layers to the bezel, more just like 2 like the one below. Also, I'm a big fan of this version of his shank below.

photogrid_1434318938746.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also an example of his stuff in white. To me not as lux, but again I'm a gold gal, so.

screenshot_2015-06-14-18-00-10_1.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely rings, will you wear yellow gold Acinom?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1434319104|3889248 said:
Gosh ill totally be jelly when you're done with this. :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

I would have as many layers to the bezel, more just like 2 like the one below. Also, I'm a big fan of this version of his shank below.

Thank you Niel! I had not seen this design yet. I like!!! Still no word from the jeweller though. I hope it will be feasible.
It great to see the white metal versions as well. Although I usually prefer white metals, I feel these designs need the warmth and luxury of YG or RG.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1434360143|3889369 said:

Normally I do not Lovinggems, but this might be the time to make an Exception: YG will probably look better with the Danburite compared to RG. What do you think?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1434375271|3889430 said:
Niel|1434319104|3889248 said:

Thank you Niel! I had not seen this design yet. I like!!! Still no word from the jeweller though. I hope it will be feasible.
It great to see the white metal versions as well. Although I usually prefer white metals, I feel these designs need the warmth and luxury of YG or RG.

Fully agree

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1434375421|3889431 said:
Lovinggems|1434360143|3889369 said:

Normally I do not Lovinggems, but this might be the time to make an Exception: YG will probably look better with the Danburite compared to RG. What do you think?

I don't see many yellow stones in RG, some yellow looks better with white than yellow as well. You have exquisite taste and I can't wait to see what you choose.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:|First I got an email saying 'no, we do not use other metals other than 14K WG or YG and that I could try to contact other jewellers in the area :confused:
So, I sent an email back saying that 14 K YG will be fine. Then heard nothing so I decided to make a long distance call...
Unfortunately Marc Williams only work with their own stones, not customer provided stones - besides diamonds - as the risk of breaking would be too high and that I could try to contact other jewelers who will. So I suggested I would insure the stone or take the risk and responsibility. The associate will discuss it with Marc. Fingers crossed!!!

Meanwhile I am thrilled with the Asschers that Doug Menadue cut for Mochiko, Lovinggems, Shulaibaoma and myself:

_31148.jpg

_31149.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1434468192|3889867 said:
:|First I got an email saying 'no, we do not use other metals other than 14K WG or YG and that I could try to contact other jewellers in the area :confused:
So, I sent an email back saying that 14 K YG will be fine. Then heard nothing so I decided to make a long distance call...
Unfortunately Marc Williams only work with their own stones, not customer provided stones - besides diamonds - as the risk of breaking would be too high and that I could try to contact other jewelers who will. So I suggested I would insure the stone or take the risk and responsibility. The associate will discuss it with Marc. Fingers crossed!!!

Meanwhile I am thrilled with the Asschers that Doug Menadue cut for Mochiko, Lovinggems, Shulaibaoma and myself:

Oh that would be awesome I hope he lets you use your own his stuff is so unique I don't think you could replicate it and get the same look.

How would you gauge their price?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for chiming in Violetphoenix and Niel. I so appreciate your support and advice.

I just got some great news: Marc is willing to work with the Danburite. Yay!!
In this case I am really glad to be able to work with the original designer as Marc Williams has such a specific signature. I am sure a reproduction will lead to disappointment in this case.

I love David's work by the way and will continue to work with him. My new topaz Asscher will be set by him by the end of this year. I love that band he made for you Violetphoenix. It's part of his David Klass range/style. I feel the bold Marc Williams style is not?
I have one ring already made by David and indeed I love it much more in real life compared to his photo's.

Niel: Marc Williams pricing is great! It's a very reasonable price and I was happily surprised.

Niel and Violetphoenix and others: I could use your help with making some crucial decisions.
Do you think the ring with my Danburite should be made:
- in 14K WG (non-rodinated as Violetphoenix suggested)
- be made in design 1 or design 2 or perhaps a different design?

_31158.jpg

_31159.jpg

_31160.jpg

_31162.jpg

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Yay that MW is going to make your ring. I like the symmetrical look of # 1 for your round stone. The blackened finish is a nice touch too!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don't think unplated white gold will give that lix look you're going at in the 14k range.

Of the two I prefer the second option you have. Now personally I like the one I suggested on a previous post, but if I need to save that one for my own ring from him, then I fully support that ;-)

I'm happy to know that he's affordable. How would you compare him the DK affordable??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results