shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG chunky cushions - design opinions please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey GG,
wow, you will be a busy lady! I love Woo''s pendant too, can''t wait to see your new projects come to life
1.gif

Well, I have great news - I just got off just a really great phone call with Jon. Despite emailing back and forth
for almost a couple years now, this was the first time we''d spoken properly on the blower, and it was heaps of fun!
Totally makes the long distance worth it, lol...

Man, those GOG folk are fast..every question I went to ask Jon, the answer was already in the process of
being completed! The setting, shipping, refund - they''re totally on the ball!
And, my 1.25 H&A is already back up, for anyone that ever admired her
41.gif

I''ve decided 100% to go with the 1.08 M SI1, Jon and I spoke about it further and he assured me its a winner
36.gif

Also (at least for the foreseeable future), the cushion will be going in my Legato. Jon said it fits right in there perfectly, so how could I say no?! I always have and still love that setting, and it helps avoid anymore of these designer delays at this time.
(and for all those lovely mbrs that have given me their input on new settings, I promise it wasn''t in vain - I will be referring to this thread for sure when re-set time rolls around, thankyou!).

This whole experience has really turned around from what was initially a really hard and depressing decision, but with the help of my mate Jon and his awesome team, I''ve found a diamond that seems made for me, and I can''t wait to meet the end result so I can share the whole story with the folks that have supported and helped with my decisions here
5.gif

Oh, and of course I promise a myriad of photos...you know me, lol..
9.gif
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad the Legato fits so you don''t have to agonize over settings. GOG is quick. They set my OMC ASAP and was waiting for the arrival of my cushion. As soon as they received my cushion, gave it a lookover, the OMC was on its way. Yours will be there in no time. I''m so excited for you.
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you made your decision AJ and can''t wait to see it on your finger!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks C and packrat!
Here''s a teaser shot..we are just seeing if the prong tips can be refined a lil,
and than it shall be done!
36.gif

aj legato omc.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s perfect. I love yellow gold and it goes so well with your M. I requested that GOG make the prong tips as pointy as possible too and they did a good job.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gah! That is gorgeous! How long till you get it???

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
A.J it looks fab in your legato setting. I''m so glad everything is falling into place for you. Will you have to pay the dreaded customs when your new ring makes it''s way to you?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2009 10:19:36 PM
Author: arjunajane
Thanks C and packrat!
Here's a teaser shot..we are just seeing if the prong tips can be refined a lil,
36.gif
I thought it would fit and I'm glad that it did. Your Legato is a classic, and let's face it, you can never go wrong with a classic. I think once they taper those prongs, you're going to love it.

OK....... so now, how long does it usually take to wing it's way across the pond and then some? Your little Legato chickadee is an international traveller. LOL! She should have her own passport!

I am sorely tempted to tootle over to GOG to have a l
4.gif
4.gif
k!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know regular Fedex across the pond takes a week. Maybe a quicker Fedex service will bring that time down to 2 to 3 days? Is there such service?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks C and packrat!
Here's a teaser shot..we are just seeing if the prong tips can be refined a lil,
36.gif
Aww, it's booootiful aj!!
30.gif

I'm glad this came to a great end, and now you have plenty of time to think about what you want, to save perhaps, and find the perfect person to make your dream ring for this beauty!!
36.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks C and packrat!

Here''s a teaser shot..we are just seeing if the prong tips can be refined a lil,

36.gif
It is beautiful!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou ladies! I'm so very excited..

Thanks Chrono, and Packrat - I think it should be next week.

Cheers Softly! Actually, and this is one of the best parts - seeing as all that I'm actually paying
for this time around is the adjustments to the setting (because I paid full customs on the RB originally), it means No Customs, WOOT!
36.gif

****Actually, this is a huge thing I'd like to thank GOG for, as both Jon and his wife Vicki have worked really hard with me to get all the shipping and customs issues just right. Vicki's been so very patient and helpful
5.gif
Knowing the customs here, they will still try to swindle some $$ out of me, but it's not gonna happen, lol!

Hey gemgirl - thankyou, you've been a great help in this thread. I'm really glad it fits, as I still haven't heard back from CM
20.gif
So I'm sorry I won't have that new eye candy to share anytime soon..
Yup, I've just asked them to taper the prongs a lil more, as that was one of my fave bits about the "original" legato..than it'll be perfect!
Chrono is right, the service that GOG uses takes 3 business days (assuming there's no holdup in customs, fingers crossed!). When I sent it to them, I dropped it off thurs night, FedEx attempted delivery to GOG on Mon morning, than succeeded on tues (because GOG are closed on monday's), so its pretty super fast! Didn't stop me from stalking the FedEx website the whole time, tee hee...I actually really enjoy watching the passage of my packages, its fun to see all the places they go - this one went to three different states in the US before NY
1.gif
She is certainly better travelled than I, you know it hon!

Hey Miss Ellen, thankyou! You're exactly right, I think it's more than a coincidence that an elongated cushion fits right into my setting made for an RB...yep, time and savings, and some more thinking is just whats in order me thinks, and than hopefully I'll end up with the perfect setting (and no dramas!)
41.gif
Cheers for your support hon, I know "downgrades" could be a dirty word on PS, lol, but you've all been so lovely and civil about it.
5.gif

Thanks SCN, nice to see you over here..
35.gif

here's another shot of the cushion sitting pretty in the Legato...this is still pre-prong tweak, so I'll let ya's know how it looks afters..
1.gif

ETA..oh, and if anyone's keen here's my video from Jon. He was nice enough to take my diamond around to natural light etc, not just in the diamond dock..I love having these videos, they're such a cool keepsake!

linkage

aj omc ring1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
So, GOG''s setter did a fantastic job with altering the prongs -
check it out!

The ring looks better than new, and with a bit of luck should be sent out tomorrow (fri).
36.gif

aj omc new prong.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
second pic.
36.gif

aj omc prong2.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MUCH better looking prongs. Hey, I just noticed that your OMC is more rounded at the sides as opposed to mine that is less bumpy.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aj- it''s looking incredible. How long until it reaches you?? Agree GOG did a lovely job on the prongs!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 9:45:38 PM
second pic.
36.gif

Oh be still my heart!!! It''s fabulous!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 10:14:32 PM
Author: Chrono
MUCH better looking prongs. Hey, I just noticed that your OMC is more rounded at the sides as opposed to mine that is less bumpy.

Thanks C..hrmm..do you mean that yours has straighter sides? Yes it looks like it doesn''t it..
I guess its a feature of not being a really square one..

I''m shocking at math, if these are the measurements, can someone please tell me what is the ratio on
my OMC?
Width: 5.89mm
Length: 6.32mm

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 10:18:37 PM
Author: icekid
aj- it's looking incredible. How long until it reaches you?? Agree GOG did a lovely job on the prongs!

thankyou Ice! If GOG send it out on friday, it should be with me by tues next week.
36.gif

Cheers packrat, I'm really glad I asked to alter the prongs, they turned out great.
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 11:39:39 PM
Thanks C..hrmm..do you mean that yours has straighter sides? Yes it looks like it doesn''t it..

I''m shocking at math, if these are the measurements, can someone please tell me what is the ratio on
my OMC?
1:1.08 ratio

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 11:43:36 PM
Author: Chrono
Date: 6/25/2009 11:39:39 PM

my OMC?

1:1.08 ratio

Thankyou Ms C
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 10:43:22 AM

linkage
39.gif
I seriously want one of these. Seriously.

aj, it''s stunning, and looks utterly phenominal in your setting. *swoon*
30.gif

Did I mention I seriously want one of these??

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 9:01:50 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 6/25/2009 10:43:22 AM

linkage
39.gif
I seriously want one of these. Seriously.

aj, it''s stunning, and looks utterly phenominal in your setting. *swoon*
30.gif

Did I mention I seriously want one of these??

he he..oh Ellen honey..
How about when I''m missing some arrow action, you can borrow the OMC for a week and send me
over that amazing RB?
41.gif

Like a time share arrangement yes?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 9:26:55 AM

he he..oh Ellen honey..
How about when I''m missing some arrow action, you can borrow the OMC for a week and send me
over that amazing RB?
41.gif

Ha! You''ve got yerself a deal missy!
9.gif

I''m not kiddinhg, if I keep watching these videos, I may just have to take one for a test drive....

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 9:32:00 AM
Date: 6/26/2009 9:26:55 AM

he he..oh Ellen honey..

over that amazing RB?
41.gif

9.gif

I''m not kiddinhg, if I keep watching these videos, I may just have to take one for a test drive....

ha ha, I completely get it love - isn''t that video of the 2.46 filmed under the tree and in the sun just the best! I really love the views of my one next to the windows - how Jon got those blues, oranges, greens and purples under the table I do not know, but I know I
30.gif
them!

When I get mine, that''s straight where I''m going, under a shady tree for a good photo session- let''s hope I get a couple mins of sun, the weather''s been totally miserable here lately!

What part of the country are you in Ellen (if you don''t mind to say) - is a visit to GOG within reason? It would be a great day trip to go play with the new cushions and OEC''s when they come in!

Awesome news, I think my package is going out today from GOG - I am just awaiting a tracking ID and confirmation.
So everything''s in the works!
36.gif

In sadder news, I never heard back from CM, despite a follow up email enquiry
7.gif
. I have to admit I am sorely disappointed with the whole experience. If someone from CM read this thread and therefore chose not to reply to me based on that, than fine - I just wish they would''ve taken it as constructive criticism (if that was the case, just speculating here).
In my experience, almost 2 weeks for a quote, with a non-response, is not acceptable..
40.gif

Okay, well moving on - my Legato looks fab, so will worry about other settings when the time comes! I''ve decided not to dwell on it any longer.
5.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic AJ. Congrats.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I really like it in the yg Legato, also.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful AJ!
36.gif

You are lucky you even got emails from CM. Nobody replied to mine!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s too bad it didn''t work out w/CM-would''ve been cool to finally see someone here w/some of his work. I wonder what the deal is there..crappy email system or just so busy? I emailed last Saturday about changing gold colors and hadn''t heard back yet, so I sent it again today. I''m kinda thinking I''ll have to go elsewhere.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sonoma and Maisie..

Maisie and packrat, you guys too huh, isn''t it quite odd? Pretty disappointing isn''t it..
Have either of you tried to phone at all? Maybe they''re just no good at checking their emails, lol...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 4:19:47 PM

Date: 6/26/2009 9:32:00 AM
9.gif

ha ha, I completely get it love - isn''t that video of the 2.46 filmed under the tree and in the sun just the best! I really love the views of my one next to the windows - how Jon got those blues, oranges, greens and purples under the table I do not know, but I know I
30.gif
them!

When I get mine, that''s straight where I''m going, under a shady tree for a good photo session- let''s hope I get a couple mins of sun, the weather''s been totally miserable here lately!

What part of the country are you in Ellen (if you don''t mind to say) - is a visit to GOG within reason? It would be a great day trip to go play with the new cushions and OEC''s when they come in!

Awesome news, I think my package is going out today from GOG - I am just awaiting a tracking ID and confirmation.
So everything''s in the works!
36.gif

In sadder news, I never heard back from CM, despite a follow up email enquiry
7.gif
. I have to admit I am sorely disappointed with the whole experience. If someone from CM read this thread and therefore chose not to reply to me based on that, than fine - I just wish they would''ve taken it as constructive criticism (if that was the case, just speculating here).
In my experience, almost 2 weeks for a quote, with a non-response, is not acceptable..
40.gif

Okay, well moving on - my Legato looks fab, so will worry about other settings when the time comes! I''ve decided not to dwell on it any longer.
5.gif
No I don''t mind! I live in the midwest, IL. Too far to go for a visit.
7.gif
I would just have to do some videos, pick one and bring it home for a spin. I really am tempted, but I''m waiting to hear your full report, since you will be going from your gorgeous round. Depending on what you have to say, I''ll go from there. And I''ll most likely give it several months, so I can gleen as much info from you as possible. No pressure, right??!
9.gif
2.gif

I''m really sorry things didn''t work out with CM, but you know, I just always look at things as if they''re meant to be. All will work out for the best.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results