I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

charbie

Ideal_Rock
ouch achy.

that is all.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1321645928|3064651 said:
granite countertops are being installed in the kitchen as I type this. Yippee! I have a 131 square feet of counter so they're gonna be here alllllll day.

We just had our granite installed last week too!!!!!!!!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I can't sleep.

I can't sleep because I accidentally took the daytime Benylin instead of the nighttime one in the multipack. Who makes the nighttime pills yellow and the daytime pills dark blue?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1322207292|3068557 said:
I can't sleep.

I can't sleep because I accidentally took the daytime Benylin instead of the nighttime one in the multipack. Who makes the nighttime pills yellow and the daytime pills dark blue?

Haha seriously?!?!?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My Tiffany (Christmas) dishes I just received are gorgeous! Stunning pattern! Happy! :love:

cheers--Sharon

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Some Thanksgiving thoughts:

1) Why do I cook as though I have a 10-15 member family when it's just me, the DH and another couple? And I don't even have a 10-15 member family anyway . . .

2) How come I'm full on 1/3 of what I used to eat for Thanksgiving and get heartburn as well? Of all the days of the year to NOT want second helpings, this is not the one I'd choose, really.

3) Why do I clean every nook and cranny and crack of my house when no one ventures farther than the living room, dining room and kitchen? Dammit, I'm gonna take everybody on a tour of every nook and cranny next time! I didn't scrub that for me, after all. I was good with a little dirt here and there.

4) Is it just me or are sweet potatoes very, uh, mealy textured? I'm kinda a 'texture' gal when it comes to food. And mealy isn't good.

5) Why do guests stack dirty plates one on top of the other without scraping? After you've pointed out where garbage goes, and shown by example how to scrape their plate into said garbage? Yet no one gets the visual (or verbal) clues, do they?

6) My cat acted almost normal yesterday. Instead of cowering under a bed until the 'evil' people she didn't know went home. She actually let someone pet her and head bumped them. This. Never. Happens. "Who ARE you and what have you done with my 'fraidy-cat'??"

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1322228829|3068595 said:
chemgirl|1322207292|3068557 said:
I can't sleep.

Haha seriously?!?!?

Yes seriously! Totally my fault for not reading the box before taking it.

Slept a grand total of 2 hours last night and had a horrible time at work today.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
My parents surprised us with a Kitchenaid mixer! I just finished making my first batch of gingerbread cookies. It took me less than 10 minutes to make the dough. I love this thing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1322710136|3072002 said:
My parents surprised us with a Kitchenaid mixer! I just finished making my first batch of gingerbread cookies. It took me less than 10 minutes to make the dough. I love this thing.

Yummy!

What wonderful parents! :appl:

April20

Ideal_Rock
We're leaving South Africa today. I'm sad to leave new friends, but really excited to be back stateside for a while!

So farewell Africa, it's been nice getting to know you.

moving

Rough_Rock
I want to say..... :tongue: :twirl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having 2nd thoughts about having a cat stay with us for a couple of months. Okay, not really 2nd thoughts so much as concerns.

My mom called and told me that my step-father's niece had something she was doing "for work or something" and would be in a place that didn't allow cats so she needed a place for her cat to stay for two months. I talked with B about it and he was all for letting the cat stay with us (I had a bad feeling, but how can you say no to a cat?)

I got a call from "K" last night...
She's very happy and thanked me lots. Offers to give me the money for a month of the food we feed our cats so that we can just feed them together. Asks good questions (flea treatments, feeding times, indoor-only or indoor/outdoor, etc) and then -- :confused:
:-o :confused:

I let her know we do indoor only for many reasons including the neighborhood full of dogs, cars, and BEARS. Yep... bears. We haven't seen them but some friends just a mile away have one that comes into their yard often and there are more in the area (newpaper had a thing reminding people how to not attract them and what to do in case) -- she wants me to let her cat outside! For a couple of hours at least every day, maybe even all day, and staying out at night is okay too :-o
The reason she thinks he should spend time outside is that being in a new environment and with new animals (he's used to living with a cat and a dog) will probably leave him climbing the walls. Letting him outside for a couple of hours even will "help relax him and make sure he pees where he's supposed to" :sick:

Oh... and the "work or something" that my mother told me about --- she does contract work and is just finishing a contract. She's signing a couple of contracts now but one of them has a little time to pay so she has to move in with a friend. But "she hopes to get her own place some day".

I'm certainly not going to turn a cat out with no place to go. He deserves to have a nice place to stay. BUT... I don't want to end up with another cat indefinitely. We already have 2 cats and 2 dogs.
Gah!!!!
I'm going to speak with my mother and make sure she knows the situation -- maybe she can even suggest how I approach K with the INDOOR ONLY thing since I will NOT be letting him out while he is with us.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1322769917|3072384 said:
I'm having 2nd thoughts about having a cat stay with us for a couple of months. Okay, not really 2nd thoughts so much as concerns.

My mom called and told me that my step-father's niece had something she was doing "for work or something" and would be in a place that didn't allow cats so she needed a place for her cat to stay for two months. I talked with B about it and he was all for letting the cat stay with us (I had a bad feeling, but how can you say no to a cat?)

I got a call from "K" last night...
She's very happy and thanked me lots. Offers to give me the money for a month of the food we feed our cats so that we can just feed them together. Asks good questions (flea treatments, feeding times, indoor-only or indoor/outdoor, etc) and then -- :confused:
:-o :confused:

I let her know we do indoor only for many reasons including the neighborhood full of dogs, cars, and BEARS. Yep... bears. We haven't seen them but some friends just a mile away have one that comes into their yard often and there are more in the area (newpaper had a thing reminding people how to not attract them and what to do in case) -- she wants me to let her cat outside! For a couple of hours at least every day, maybe even all day, and staying out at night is okay too :-o
The reason she thinks he should spend time outside is that being in a new environment and with new animals (he's used to living with a cat and a dog) will probably leave him climbing the walls. Letting him outside for a couple of hours even will "help relax him and make sure he pees where he's supposed to" :sick:

Oh... and the "work or something" that my mother told me about --- she does contract work and is just finishing a contract. She's signing a couple of contracts now but one of them has a little time to pay so she has to move in with a friend. But "she hopes to get her own place some day".

I'm certainly not going to turn a cat out with no place to go. He deserves to have a nice place to stay. BUT... I don't want to end up with another cat indefinitely. We already have 2 cats and 2 dogs.
Gah!!!!
I'm going to speak with my mother and make sure she knows the situation -- maybe she can even suggest how I approach K with the INDOOR ONLY thing since I will NOT be letting him out while he is with us.

So nice of you to do this TP!! I would definitely explain to your stepfather's niece however that you will not be allowing her cat outside at all. I mean there is way to much potential for tragedy and so not worth the risk! While this cat is in your care I am sure you want nothing bad to happen to him and this woman is being unfair in asking you to take that risk. If she wants her cat to have a good temporary home she is going to have to abide by your rules period. Good luck!! I hate to say this but I think the cat would be better off with you than her in any case because it is irresponsible to allow your cat outside if there are bears in the area etc!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the cat will get lost or bear will get it or the usual car. And it will be on you. I would not let it out either. Also, "hopes to get her own place someday"? What? So she can't really say when she will be able to have the cat at her own place? I would say no to HER.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
TP- unless you want to get stuck with another cat forever I think you should say no! and give the girl an education on responsible pet ownership too. Some people just amaze me. :o

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
We got to play with a pod of 20 dolphins on our boat yesterday. :love: there were quite a few babies and they would swim in front of the boat in the pressure wave and go upside down. It was so cute. DH said they were playing with us and was like when the cats roll on the bed. I took some video footage and when I played it back you can hear the dolphin noises so clearly! It was such a cool few minutes and I can't wait to do it again soon. :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1322954658|3073653 said:
Yes, the cat will get lost or bear will get it or the usual car. And it will be on you. I would not let it out either. Also, "hopes to get her own place someday"? What? So she can't really say when she will be able to have the cat at her own place? I would say no to HER.

I agree with Danny! It would be awful to have to tell this person something happened to her cat. And at the very least I would give this person a specific time that you will keep the cat. Honestly, I think I would say no after hearing about her open-ended living arrangements.
Sorry this has turned into such a dilemma for you TooPatient, you were only trying to help someone out and now you have this ag!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl|1322710136|3072002 said:

I love my kitchenaid mixer!!!! Good for you and what awesome parents!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm enjoying a late afternoon snack of lentil soup - part of a huge pot of soup I made earlier this week with some of the green lentils I brought back from Paris. I love lentil soup - I think I could eat it all winter! :lickout:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
What's with some older men assuming that women don't have serious careers?

I had dinner with some of DH's family and one of his uncles asked me how my "little job" is going. He used a really condescending and cutesy tone of voice. Ugh. I'm director of R&D at a large manufacturing company. I wouldn't consider my job "little" or "cute".

I get this type of condescending "awww, that girl's working in a technical job, how adorable" attitude a few times per month. Really tired of it.

I even had one of the technicians at work ask if I had my "own little office" when I was touring the plant. Um yeah, as a department head I have an office. Why wouldn't I have the same resources that all of the other department heads have? I don't get a cute little whatever because I'm a girl.

I'm not adorable!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I went to a 'fine jewelry' :rolleyes: auction today. No wonder Perth has so many cruddy diamonds.

And the prices people were paying for I1 and I2 clarity... :(sad

One lady got the steal of the day, $21k for 19 carat tennis necklace, a steal if the P1 and P2 diamond clarity doesn't bother you. :o

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1322960355|3073693 said:
We got to play with a pod of 20 dolphins on our boat yesterday. :love: there were quite a few babies and they would swim in front of the boat in the pressure wave and go upside down. It was so cute. DH said they were playing with us and was like when the cats roll on the bed. I took some video footage and when I played it back you can hear the dolphin noises so clearly! It was such a cool few minutes and I can't wait to do it again soon. :))

That's awesome, HOT!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my first smart phone yesterday and I have no idea how to use it. I can't figure anything out and the phone I got is supposedly a good one for those transitioning to a smart phone from a different type.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1322954658|3073653 said:

totally agree with the tragedy potential ImDanny pointed out. I wouldnt want the responsibility of an outdoor cat in my care.

Part I bolded.... Yikes! That doesnt sound promising. This month or two can definitely end up being long term. If I was a cat person, I would probably be ok with keeping the cat indefinitely as long as all the pets go along. I would hate to turn down a home for an animal.... but honestly this scenario sounds like there is potential for you to be taken advantage of.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1323001859|3073852 said:
I went to a 'fine jewelry' :rolleyes: auction today. No wonder Perth has so many cruddy diamonds.

And the prices people were paying for I1 and I2 clarity... :(sad

One lady got the steal of the day, $21k for 19 carat tennis necklace, a steal if the P1 and P2 diamond clarity doesn't bother you. :o

eek!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1322960355|3073693 said:

SO COOL!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
So I just became aware that the comfy pair of Juicy sweats that I've been running errands in all day have a hole in the butt. From where the pocket is tearing away from the seam. Big enough that my husband could announce from across the kitchen what color my drawers are.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAH!!!

My darling mother's inability to MAKE. UP. HER. MIND. is driving me crazy. I want to get her a ring. Sounds simple, right? *All* I need from her is a metal and vague style choice.

Of course, she's gone from channel eternity to Aurora to plain five-stone (which she explicitly nixed earlier) to threestone - the *only* constants are white diamonds and yellow gold. It's doubly odd because she's SO opinionated in pretty much every other way! Obviously my method of sending tons of photos of different designs to coax out some direction isn't working...

DH thinks it's because even though she has quite a bit of jewellery she's never bought any for herself, and never had it custom made for her, so she has no idea what to think when she gets to *choose*. But I didn't either when I got my first pieces, and I had a very good idea of what I wanted anyway!

I think I'm going to ask MIL to drag her out to a jewellery store and not let her leave until she's tried on absolutely everything and picked *ONE TYPE*... and we'll pick it up again then.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No cat.

I don't know for sure since I only got a brief e-mail the afternoon she should have brought the cat, but I think she didn't like that we weren't going to let the cat outside. The excuse she gave is that she isn't sure he'd be comfortable with two dogs in the house (even though they've been living with at least one dog since he was just a little kitten).

I feel bad for the cat -- I'd really like to know he is somewhere safe (which in this area means indoor only!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results