color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1323456421|3077921 said:
No cat.

I don't know for sure since I only got a brief e-mail the afternoon she should have brought the cat, but I think she didn't like that we weren't going to let the cat outside. The excuse she gave is that she isn't sure he'd be comfortable with two dogs in the house (even though they've been living with at least one dog since he was just a little kitten).

I feel bad for the cat -- I'd really like to know he is somewhere safe (which in this area means indoor only!)

Oh, wow. I just read the backstory - yikes, now I'm worried for the cat! :sick:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1323457124|3077930 said:
TooPatient|1323456421|3077921 said:
No cat.

I don't know for sure since I only got a brief e-mail the afternoon she should have brought the cat, but I think she didn't like that we weren't going to let the cat outside. The excuse she gave is that she isn't sure he'd be comfortable with two dogs in the house (even though they've been living with at least one dog since he was just a little kitten).

I feel bad for the cat -- I'd really like to know he is somewhere safe (which in this area means indoor only!)

Oh, wow. I just read the backstory - yikes, now I'm worried for the cat! :sick:

I would've thought she'd learned not to send them outside after having her other cat killed by an animal not too long ago.

I'm not even a strict "all cats MUST be indoor only" person. I get that there are some cats who just don't adjust well to indoor only (like the stray cats who adopted my mother -- they are now mostly indoors and she's trying to get them to be all indoor) but "K" got this cat as a tiny kitten who had never been outside.

Not much else to do. Her mother and most of her family are trying to convince her, but she just doesn't listen to the advice. I do need to check with my mom and see if she can find out where he is staying. (I'm hoping she just left him with her mother... at least then he'd be indoors and safe)

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I'm extremely depressed and can't see the point of anything right now. I never thought I'd be unemployed this long. I don't even want to get dressed anymore.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1323462530|3078043 said:
I'm extremely depressed and can't see the point of anything right now. I never thought I'd be unemployed this long. I don't even want to get dressed anymore.

((hugs)) Amber, my heart goes out to you, so sorry you're struggling - I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and I hope something comes along soon for you.

I don't know what field you're in, but perhaps you could find a temporary job in retail or something? With the holidays coming up stores might be hiring.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1323462824|3078044 said:

((hugs)) Amber, my heart goes out to you, so sorry you're struggling - I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and I hope something comes along soon for you.

I don't know what field you're in, but perhaps you could find a temporary job in retail or something? With the holidays coming up stores might be hiring.

Thank you so much,.

I've applied to stores for a seasonal job, bu no-one has called me back for an interview.

I'm a reading coach {high school} and the budget cuts have been brutal. I've applied for classroom assistants, behavioral mods, just about anything. I had an interview last Monday and the Supt. told me he had received 122 resumes for 3 positions.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1323463929|3078060 said:
junebug17|1323462824|3078044 said:

Thank you so much,.

I've applied to stores for a seasonal job, bu no-one has called me back for an interview.

I'm a reading coach {high school} and the budget cuts have been brutal. I've applied for classroom assistants, behavioral mods, just about anything. I had an interview last Monday and the Supt. told me he had received 122 resumes for 3 positions.

I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you lots of luck!

Have you tried tutoring services and private schools?

April20

Ideal_Rock
I was improperly using a pair of scissors today as a box cutter and sliced the top of my right index finger nearly 360 around. I am a moron. I've super glued it shut as a band aid wasn't doing it (this isn't my first rodeo). I repeat, I am a moron.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
April20|1323473240|3078171 said:
I was improperly using a pair of scissors today as a box cutter and sliced the top of my right index finger nearly 360 around. I am a moron. I've super glued it shut as a band aid wasn't doing it (this isn't my first rodeo). I repeat, I am a moron.

Um...ouch

The super glue would freak me out, are you sure you don't need stitches?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think we need a "random venting" thread to go along with the random comments thread. I am bottling up a good one right now and I always feel weird about venting amidst the good news posts in here.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1323644531|3079419 said:
I think we need a "random venting" thread to go along with the random comments thread. I am bottling up a good one right now and I always feel weird about venting amidst the good news posts in here.

Eh, go ahead. Just read the good news posts *after* you vent - or maybe that's just me :cheeky:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you ever wasted lots of energy being angry at someone you don't even know, for something that has nothing to do with you? Gah!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1323645526|3079432 said:
Have you ever wasted lots of energy being angry at someone you don't even know, for something that has nothing to do with you? Gah!

Happens when I read the news!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok random venting!

Was at the inlaws this weekend and I feel more drained than I did Friday night after working all week.

Some gems from step-MIL:

"I always worry about SIL getting attacked when she's out because she's just so CUTE! I know I don't have to worry about that with you dear"

"You prefer backpacking to resort vacations because you don't know how to dress well"

After a group talk about expensive wines and how we can't see spending $1000 and upwards on a bottle when we aren't versed in wine she cuts in with "Well its not like you'll ever need to worry about that anyway. That's one bill I know you can't cover!"

They are severely in debt due to a shopping addiction so they have decided not to turn on the heat until after Christmas. It was FREEZING. Like see your breath freezing inside their house.

My husband and her son both step in whenever she comes out with something offensive, but after a bottle of wine she doesn't really pay attention.

I just want my weekend back!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Un freeking believable!!! :angryfire:

If they had any $1000. bottles of wine around, I think my hubby and I would have sampled 'excessively'. :appl:

I'm a MIL to two wonderful people and can't imagine saying those things or anything like them (even under the influence).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: on your behalf, Chemgirl! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl, what terrible things to say to someone :angryfire: Sorry you have to deal with comments like that :blackeye:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1323646357|3079444 said:
Ok random venting!

Was at the inlaws this weekend and I feel more drained than I did Friday night after working all week.

Some gems from step-MIL:

"I always worry about SIL getting attacked when she's out because she's just so CUTE! I know I don't have to worry about that with you dear"

"You prefer backpacking to resort vacations because you don't know how to dress well"

After a group talk about expensive wines and how we can't see spending $1000 and upwards on a bottle when we aren't versed in wine she cuts in with "Well its not like you'll ever need to worry about that anyway. That's one bill I know you can't cover!"

They are severely in debt due to a shopping addiction so they have decided not to turn on the heat until after Christmas. It was FREEZING. Like see your breath freezing inside their house.

My husband and her son both step in whenever she comes out with something offensive, but after a bottle of wine she doesn't really pay attention.

I just want my weekend back!

eww. What a terrible heartless woman.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

ugh, sorry to hear this! Maybe getting a job- anything that allows you out of the house, making some money, whether ideal or not will get you back in a routine among the living- giving you purpose to get out of bed, shower, and leave the house. I am a teacher and know how tough the job market is right now- so maybe looking for something totally different just to get you back up and out of the house on a daily basis. Also- hit the gym, I find that working out gets me feeling better when I am in a funk. A good sweat- and getting out of the house can help- OH and it doesnt have to be a gym, just go for a daily walk or job outside, do some sit-ups, push-ups, etc to get you moving.

Wishing you the best!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the supportive comments!

The funny part is that I used to dislike MIL and liked step-MIL. Now that I know them both a lot better I adore MIL and dislike step-MIL. Unfortunate because MIL lives a lot farther away!

DH keeps on reminding me that step-MIL is so ignorant that she doesn't realize she's being offensive.

As far as she's concerned she's just speaking her mind (a quality she values in herself and says so) and I'm the one being rude by giving her weird looks.

Better than speaking my mind. This weekend I wanted to yell "I wear jeans to visit you because I know you'll be in sweatpants and no bra. If you can't be bothered to wear underwear for my visit I can wear jeans!" or "I may not have expensive bottles of wine, but you know what else I don't have? DEBT!"

Of course I just stuck to giving her weird looks.

I'm glad we moved out of casual visiting range so we only have to deal with her once every 3 months or so!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1323654966|3079534 said:

The funny part is that I used to dislike MIL and liked step-MIL. Now that I know them both a lot better I adore MIL and dislike step-MIL. Unfortunate because MIL lives a lot farther away!

DH keeps on reminding me that step-MIL is so ignorant that she doesn't realize she's being offensive.

As far as she's concerned she's just speaking her mind (a quality she values in herself and says so) and I'm the one being rude by giving her weird looks.

Better than speaking my mind. This weekend I wanted to yell "I wear jeans to visit you because I know you'll be in sweatpants and no bra. If you can't be bothered to wear underwear for my visit I can wear jeans!" or "I may not have expensive bottles of wine, but you know what else I don't have? DEBT!"

I'm glad we moved out of casual visiting range so we only have to deal with her once every 3 months or so!

Good grief chemgirl - that is unbelievable!! :errrr:

One day others are going to start "speaking their minds" to her, and she'll discover just how valuable a quality it is :nono:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.. turns out you're really not supposed to put glossy magazines in the woodstove :oops:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1323830803|3081115 said:
So.. turns out you're really not supposed to put glossy magazines in the woodstove :oops:

Lol, oops! Were there lots of pretty coloured flames? :D

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, my name is Trekkie and I've been struck down by wedding fever.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trekkie|1323851646|3081337 said:
Hi, my name is Trekkie and I've been struck down by wedding fever.

Oh no. Do tell...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1323654966|3079534 said:

OH, MY, DOG. WHAT a b!tch! WOW. She probably doesn't even REALIZE she's being an absolute hag either. You're a better person by a mile than I am because I would've responded in kind. And frankly your comment about not being bothered to wear underwear...I would've totally said that and then some!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really?! I did not know that.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe|1323899981|3081662 said:

nuthin' but black and white peeps. not even colored INK.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs. taylor|1323900462|3081667 said:
Zoe|1323899981|3081662 said:

nuthin' but black and white peeps. not even colored INK.

LOL, yeah. It smelled like burnt plastic all evening :errrr: Apparently the glossy stuff has plastic in it - or on it, maybe the coating?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy for my dh (and us) as he is finally getting well deserved recognition and we are onto better things!! It has been a tough 3 years financially and finally we see the light at the end of the tunnel! Fingers crossed it turns out as well as we hope it will. ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results