shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still no new date of completion for my jewelry project (supposed to have received the earrings last week). Very frustrated with this vendor's communication! :((
They have my money (deposit was half) but I have no idea when I will be receiving the earrings. :blackeye:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1319842354|3049676 said:
princesss|1319553679|3047232 said:
I get to see Anthony Bourdain speak tomorrow night! I can't freaking wait. I don't get all giddy about most celebrities, but I think he's hilarious and in a dream world I'd do exactly what he does (only, since it's a dream world, I'd just magically have all of his kitchen experience so that I could have his job NOW).

That's cool! I don't know if you're planning on doing a thread on your trip but I know I'd love to hear all about it (and I can't be the only one!). Care to share? :bigsmile:

Once I get all of the pictures onto my computer I will! I have very limited harddrive space left, so I have to do a massive clean. Oops.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I guess I should get a pumpkin and some Halloween candy--but what candy should I get??? I hear getting raisins rather upsetting and therfore should be avoided :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1319902610|3049898 said:
HI:

I guess I should get a pumpkin and some Halloween candy--but what candy should I get??? I hear getting raisins rather upsetting and therfore should be avoided :bigsmile:

My vote is for Reese's peanut butter cups!! Or any similarly singular packaged quality candy. After all, Halloween is but once a year and kids should enjoy! :appl:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
It's snowing (and actually beginning to stck on the ground) here in SE PA! Looks really pretty right now.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It's definitely fall here this morning. Quite cool, deep blue sky, golden sun. I love autumn!

After the record heat this summer of s-o many over 100 days, we are ecstatic.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's sleeting/raining hard here!! The winds are super fierce! So pretty but a bit scary too as the waves are hitting our backyard!!
Just hope we do not lose power... :errrr:

The kitties are just chillin. They seem very relaxed about it all.

My phone pics are not doing this storm justice.

ETA:It's snowing here now!!
ETA 2: Darn, my dh took great video of the storm with sound effects too (ocean waves crashing) but I cannot upload it to PS as the file is way too large :((

oct29thstorm.jpeg

oct292011storm.jpeg

P5130140_1.JPG

10_29_11storm.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1319907042|3049925 said:
It's sleeting/raining hard here!! The winds are super fierce! So pretty but a bit scary too as the waves are hitting our backyard!!
Just hope we do not lose power... :errrr:

The kitties are just chillin. They seem very relaxed about it all.

My phone pics are not doing this storm justice.

ETA:It's snowing here now!!
ETA 2: Darn, my dh took great video of the storm but I cannot upload it to PS as the file is way too large :((

I dunno where you are but I want to move in!!!!
Awesome pics--love the kitty face!

I like chewy candy--like gummy worms, licorice and sour peach/raspberry stuff. But Mars bars and Peanut Butter cups are winners also! Gotta get the stuff you want to eat--if left over.....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 more to try and show the snow/sleet...

Thanks canuk-gal...this is at our house at the jersey shore.
I love chewy candy too and agree- get what you love so you can enjoy any leftovers! :cheeky:

snowonocean.jpeg

snowcrystals.jpeg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad we're getting rain here instead of the predicted possible snow. I hope it doesn't turn to ice tonight.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Yikes to the sleet! Yup, that cute kitty is just chillin'. Mine would be under a bed or winding herself around my feet. But she wouldn't be calm, no way. She hates anything but sunshine. A merely cloudy day will make her morose.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1319911490|3049961 said:
Yikes to the sleet! Yup, that cute kitty is just chillin'. Mine would be under a bed or winding herself around my feet. But she wouldn't be calm, no way. She hates anything but sunshine. A merely cloudy day will make her morose.

LOL, our dear Francesca is under the covers right now too but she hangs out there much of the day (and night ;)) ).
Just snapped a photo of her under the covers- with the covers pulled back to get the photo :))

and here is a photo of the other kitties so as not to leave anyone out lol...

frankieundercoveroct2011.jpeg

Freddierestingduringoctstorm2011.jpeg

bobby.jpg

Frankie 10.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
We just booked a "holy crap, we're heading back to the States in five weeks and only have next weekend open" trip to Kruger Park. I'm really excited. I hope we see all of the big 5!!

We're headed to Cape Town for Nov 15-22 and I'm jazzed about that too!

We fly home Dec 1 and are taking a rescheduled vacation to Cancun we missed due to being here on Dec 11. Then i do a girl's weekend trip to a spa New Year's weekend.

I have never had so many vacations/trips in such a short time in my life. Will never happen again I bet!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, crap. I have almost $25 in eBay bucks from a couple of purchases, so I was looking around for a fun, silly treat to spend it on. I randomly stumbled onto a jewel jet that had something like 8 hours to go without a single bid, so I bid up to $35 for it, and went to bed. The winning bid? $35.79 :blackeye: :blackeye:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're now supposed to get a foot of snow. Ridiculous! They're saying it's the most amount of snowfall this early in the year in about a century. It's very pretty though!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our rain turned to snow a few hours ago, but there was no accumulation. Hopefully no ice over night.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
You did what?!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came in from cheering for the Marine Corps Marathon runners. Glad the weather cleared up so they didn't have to run in rain, sleet or snow.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night my daughter and I were texting each other using as many emoties as we could. It is kind of a thing we have going that makes us laugh. I was giggling about a text she sent me and my husband said: "Are you guys playing with your imodiums again?"

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle, your husband's comment made me chuckle. :razz:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1320011971|3050583 said:
Last night my daughter and I were texting each other using as many emoties as we could. It is kind of a thing we have going that makes us laugh. I was giggling about a text she sent me and my husband said: "Are you guys playing with your imodiums again?"
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1319842270|3049674 said:
Dragonfly and Mary Poppins -- was it hard to change the way you eat? I can imagine it would be...

-------------------------------

We're supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow night and into Sunday! It's October...MUCH too early for this kind of weather.

Zoe - How's your snow?

To answer your question, it is hard. I'm having to find all new recipes that will work with my diet. Mayonnaise seems to be a trigger as well, so I have to find recipes with no mayo, no white flour, no cheese, no yogurt, no milk and I have to watch the amount of tomato I have in food b/c of acid reflux reactions (same with citrus, just not high doses). I don't eat store bought pork, and I only eat certain cuts of beef b/c I have trouble with thicker cuts of meat and getting them chewed enough to feel as though I can swallow. So I'm limited to chicken, turkey, a few cuts of beef, and seafood for meat sources from the store, and then whatever we catch/hunt so long as it is cooked well (sometimes venison can be tough, and I can't get it to feel chewed either lol). I can't have soda or coffee, or my favorite pineapple juice. Giving up cheese has been the hardest part for me. I also basically can't have pizza, which sucks. I also was snacking on yogurt a lot, so I miss that. I've been doing a lot of trail mix/nuts, edamame, wasabi peas, hummus with veggies for snacks. I can do corn chips so that with salsa also as a snack. This weekend, SO made some yummy pork loin from a hog we harvested, along with some roasted potatoes and onions that were well seasoned and I loved it! Today I'm having baked sweet potato and fruit for lunch, and dinner is undecided. I also found a brand of pickles called wickles that are sweet but spicy and am loving those. I think once I get everything adjusted and have some reliable recipes to fall on, I'll be ok. I do feel MUCH better. I let myself cheat on Saturday and have some tacos with cheese and I was coughing up a storm for about an hour after, so it re-verified that it does make me cough.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I came home from work tonight to find my daughter dressed up in her witches outfit with a green painted face all ready for Halloween.
She looked great and I asked her where she got the face paint from...

her - "it's not face paint, it's just normal paint from my room"

Me - :-o

Her- "I looked on the bottle and it said it was non toxic!"

:lol:

After she washed it off, her face was stained a lovely shade of green. :mrgreen:

She wouldn't let me get a photo of it though :oops:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my god that's hilarious.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOT, that's a great story! You'll definitely have to file that one away to be pulled out at her wedding. :naughty:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOT -- that's awesome! :bigsmile: You know you can never let her live that one down, right?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF -- things are good up here. Power's out all over the place but we got it back at our house in just under 24 hours.

I'm sorry you're going through so much, diet wise. I don't have food allergies but some foods bother me occasionally so I try to limit then to a degree. Nothing like what you're dealing with though. It sounds like you're working your way towards a plan though, and hopefully in time, you'll find more to add to your "safe" list.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOT- that is a hilarious story!!

Ugh. We got a good 6 inches of snow this weekend and lucked out with no power outages... until 15 min ago!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get into the car after work and turn on the light to put my phone and cards away.

There's a GIANT single-strand cobweb stretching from seat-side to dashboard. Right in front of me.

OMG. I didn't - quite - shriek - it was a *very* close thing. My car is *immaculate*, how in the world did a spider get inside??

:errrr: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1320360505|3053489 said:
I get into the car after work and turn on the light to put my phone and cards away.

There's a GIANT single-strand cobweb stretching from seat-side to dashboard. Right in front of me.

OMG. I didn't - quite - shriek - it was a *very* close thing. My car is *immaculate*, how in the world did a spider get inside??

:errrr: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

No worries--like the candy, Halloween leftovers! :devil:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results