shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
Well, Well, The Shockers are headed to the sweet 16. My SO better make good on his offer if we go further.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
wsucheerleader|1364165842|3412543 said:
Well, Well, The Shockers are headed to the sweet 16. My SO better make good on his offer if we go further.

He better make good on his offer or else my bracket would've been ruined for nothing. I picked Gonzaga to go all the way to the finals! Now my March Madness bracket is a sea of red. Good luck!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1364105645|3412194 said:
Careful, he might hold you to that promise! :lol:
Oh believe me, I have no doubt that he would! :lol:

Okay, no more BJ talk. I feel so naughty on this squeaky clean forum. :oops:

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
We put a deposit on our venue!!!!

It's a beautiful estate home that's about 20 miles away from where we live. We chose May 24th next year :appl:

I'm really getting married :loopy:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Ms_Lovely|1364490357|3415362 said:

It's a beautiful estate home that's about 20 miles away from where we live. We chose May 24th next year :appl:

That's awesome!!!

Did I miss something though? Are you engaged? Or just pre-planning? :))

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
lin_ny|1364496824|3415421 said:

That's awesome!!!

Pre-planning :naughty:

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
SO and I just got back from Hawaii and on the trip, SO broke down and admitted he'd chosen the setting but was really worried that it wasn't my "ideal". I've told him that I want him to do all the choosing, but he begged me to look at it just because he doesn't want to "get it wrong".

It's beautiful!! I'm excited, but I'll admit - a little bummed that I essentially know what it's going to look like now. Oh well, it's good news overall. :appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
misscuppycake|1364536282|3415783 said:
SO and I just got back from Hawaii and on the trip, SO broke down and admitted he'd chosen the setting but was really worried that it wasn't my "ideal". I've told him that I want him to do all the choosing, but he begged me to look at it just because he doesn't want to "get it wrong".

It's beautiful!! I'm excited, but I'll admit - a little bummed that I essentially know what it's going to look like now. Oh well, it's good news overall. :appl:

Wow, congratulations! What type of setting is it?

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
I'm embarrassed to say I don't really know the "official" terms for rings and the various terminology that surrounds it, but I believe this is a single solitaire (no diamonds around the side), white gold, and it looks like a V shaped setting if you turn it on its side.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
misscuppycake|1364580456|3416093 said:
I'm embarrassed to say I don't really know the "official" terms for rings and the various terminology that surrounds it, but I believe this is a single solitaire (no diamonds around the side), white gold, and it looks like a V shaped setting if you turn it on its side.
Congrats... awesome news on the setting stuff!

Sounds like a non-cathedral 4-prong? Beautiful, I'm sure!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
M bought a new (pre-owner) car yesterday- locked into sixty months of payments. *le sigh*

He did say how he felt bad because he knows I want my ring, however, his car was so unsafe to drive.... we didn't have a choice. I told him I understand, but it's frustrating. He said "Yeah, I know.... we need a new mattress, too. A ring and a mattress....sounds like the title of an erotic novel." Well, with that comment I just busted out laughing... probably to cover up my disappointment that I'll be waiting even longer for a ring, and knowing that the mattress will probably come first. :blackeye:

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
MBKRH|1364607475|3416396 said:
M bought a new (pre-owner) car yesterday- locked into sixty months of payments. *le sigh*

He did say how he felt bad because he knows I want my ring, however, his car was so unsafe to drive.... we didn't have a choice. I told him I understand, but it's frustrating. He said "Yeah, I know.... we need a new mattress, too. A ring and a mattress....sounds like the title of an erotic novel." Well, with that comment I just busted out laughing... probably to cover up my disappointment that I'll be waiting even longer for a ring, and knowing that the mattress will probably come first. :blackeye:[/quote

I'm sorry your having to wait a little longer for your ring :(sad But it sounds like your honey is a very practical and responsible so you should really be happy about that =) When you are finally his Mrs., you know you'll be able to trust him with your finances ( I know women who cannot say the same and it's a nightmare :shock: ). Also, I would LOVE a new mattress :naughty:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Ms_Lovely|1364618129|3416535 said:
MBKRH|1364607475|3416396 said:

He did say how he felt bad because he knows I want my ring, however, his car was so unsafe to drive.... we didn't have a choice. I told him I understand, but it's frustrating. He said "Yeah, I know.... we need a new mattress, too. A ring and a mattress....sounds like the title of an erotic novel." Well, with that comment I just busted out laughing... probably to cover up my disappointment that I'll be waiting even longer for a ring, and knowing that the mattress will probably come first. :blackeye:

I'm sorry your having to wait a little longer for your ring :(sad But it sounds like your honey is a very practical and responsible so you should really be happy about that =) When you are finally his Mrs., you know you'll be able to trust him with your finances ( I know women who cannot say the same and it's a nightmare :shock: ). Also, I would LOVE a new mattress :naughty:

Thanks Ms...... it does suck. I've been patient, and it's all about priorities. However, I accidentally said "I've pretty much given up" after he said "next step is a mattress and then your ring." ooops :oops: I told him I didn't mean for it to come out that way. It's just been a longer week, and well, open mouth insert foot, ya know? I feel terrible for making him feel terrible.

But, you're right.... I WILL be able to trust him with finances. And trust me, we do need a new mattress.....ours is a hand-me-down from my aunt, it's gotta be at least 15 years old.........but I would like my ring first. :blackeye: So selfish, I know.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Ms_Lovely|1364525571|3415731 said:
lin_ny|1364496824|3415421 said:

That's awesome!!!

Pre-planning :naughty:

So jelly, that's fabulous!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: What a big first step!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH - <3 you, but you need to snap out of it. You're hurting his feelings. It's one thing to gripe here on LIW, where we all gripe together about the drag of waiting, but you're blabbing out hurtful jabs at him. That's not okay! You're going to make him feel insufficient, hurt his ego, and create resentment in your relationship. STOP IT. I get it, you really want to be engaged and move forward with your lives. The way I see it, you have two choices: 1) forget about engagement for a while, and just be happy that you're with a man who puts YOU before himself, and buys you a car before even getting himself a car, or 2) get engaged sans ring. That's it. I know many many girls, and I have never heard of a guy buying his girlfriend a car because she needed it. Ever. He is absolutely right, priorities first, and his health and safety should come absolutely first, above any engagement/LIW-y stuff. The way everything is worded sounds like you're saying HE got the car, HE is putting priorities in order, thus HE is making you wait more. You're part of a team, and you have shared finances, so YOU'RE (plural) got him the car because his health and safety are an absolute priority, and YOU'RE (plural) going to wait. When you start thinking of yourself as a team towards these things, it becomes a more positive experience.

Anyway, I de-lurked while on vacation to come and say this because I really don't want you to fall into a waiting game of you vs. him.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY QUARTER CENTURY BIRTHDAY TO MY TWIN, CHEWBACCA!

bdayparty.gif

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I know, mad. Thanks for the reminder. My lips are sealed from this point on.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1364648815|3416656 said:
I know, mad. Thanks for the reminder. My lips are sealed from this point on.

Vent HERE if you need to explode!! ;))

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wsucheerleader|1363961739|3411023 said:
So my boyfriend and I are die hard Wichita State bball fans as I was an undergrad cheerleader. Yesterday during the game jokingly said if we make the elite 8 he will propose to me. It bothers me that he makes jokes about it when he knows I'm anxiously awaiting this moment. Does anybody else's SO do this?

I've been on vacation, but caught a quick news update! Um hello, I hope you're engaged! :naughty: :naughty: :appl: !!!! :!:

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
Within the month he said he will do it. He still wants it to be a surprise but this has moved up his timeline. We are going to Altanta for the final four so maybe then?
Go Shockers!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
wsucheerleader|1364772589|3417611 said:
Within the month he said he will do it. He still wants it to be a surprise but this has moved up his timeline. We are going to Altanta for the final four so maybe then?
Go Shockers!

I am excited for you!!!! I have to say I am disappointed by the game...but by the way the first half went, I would say you deserved it! :bigsmile:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
We set a wedding date: September 21, 2013. That leaves me 5 months to plan this shindig. Apparently, everyone else wants to get married on September 21st too, so my photographer (that I love) and caterer are booked.

We are getting married on the lake at my parent's house. We already knew we wanted to get married there, so that was the easiest part! I am very excited! Jason already booked the DJ (he's in charge of music) and I have a friend that is a wedding coordinator that will help me. I normally would not get a coordinator, but since I'm moving to San Diego in 12 days, I need someone local to help me with details.

I can't believe I'm finally planning my wedding! Actually, I already have it planned on Pinterest, now I just have to spend the money!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
With my bf's blessing, I looked at the ring yesterday and I'm blown away! He let me wear it to watch "Game of Thrones". I can't wait to wear it for real.

ring1_37.jpg

ring2_45.jpg

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
Super pretty!!! Love it!!! I've done that several times with my ring. I'll ask to wear it for an evening we are staying in.

Mickeylover

Rough_Rock
With my bf's blessing, I looked at the ring yesterday and I'm blown away! He let me wear it to watch "Game of Thrones". I can't wait to wear it for real.
WOOOOOW!!!! its gorgeous!!! It must have been the best episode of GOT. . you will never forget it. . Congrats!!! :appl:

My Update:

My Lips have been sealed!!! No more nagging!! (and that's all thanks to all you girls and your advice). . I haven't talked about our engagement or anything, we've had a blast this week, he's been super cuddly and everything (I think in the past he was tired of me and my nagginess,now were back to normal) . . He's opening a new restaurant with another few guys, and I know that its going to be a BIG investment so I think our engagement is NOT soon, but I'm enjoying our relationship and he has said a few things like "I think we have one more Easter together as BF & GF, then our Easters will be as H&W" (we have talked of a year engagement).. And then said " I know we wanted Dubai for our Honeymoon but maybe its to expensive, would you settle for Hawaii" (of course I said I was more than OK with Hawaii) . . . so Now HE is the one who's bringing the subject of our future. . . and that makes me happy :D

BUUUUUUT I need your advice on something New . . . MOTHER_IN_LAW or MSO (mother of significant other) :errrr: My boyfriend's birthday #27 was on Tuesday, and I have a great relatioship with his family, BUT it got on my nerves that his Mom told him like a tousand times "YOU are soooooo Young youre just 27, you have to work hard right now and invest, and enjoy life". . and a friend told me that her mom asked my MSO if she was ready to plan a wedding because our relationship was very serious and we were next and MOS answered "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my boy is just a baby he's to young to get married" . . . . How do you ladies deal with this type of situation???

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WSU Cheerleader - I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

Manda - I am so happy for you!! :appl: Yay! Way to get the ball moving!!!!!

Sortmon - your ring is spectacular! Holy shiznets that center stone takes up your whole finger! I don't know how you're not DYING every time you see it and have it taken away!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm so excited for all of you ladies. I have big big news, too! But I'll wait for another time to announce since I don't want any of you thinking it's just an April Fools joke :naughty: Suspense! Suspense!! ;))

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1364848309|3418093 said:
WSU Cheerleader - I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

Manda - I am so happy for you!! :appl: Yay! Way to get the ball moving!!!!!

Sortmon - your ring is spectacular! Holy shiznets that center stone takes up your whole finger! I don't know how you're not DYING every time you see it and have it taken away!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm so excited for all of you ladies. I have big big news, too! But I'll wait for another time to announce since I don't want any of you thinking it's just an April Fools joke :naughty: Suspense! Suspense!! ;))
Well as long as you don't follow up with "April Fools!!" we'll totally believe you!

You can't possibly leave us in suspense like this! :wacko:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Seriously! You have to tell! And if applicable, back it up with pictures!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1364830629|3417912 said:

ring1_37.jpg

ring2_45.jpg
Dayyyyuum girl. That is one GIGANTIC diamond. Looks beautiful in that setting!

I wish I could convince my boyfriend to let me see my ring. Well, I don't even know if the diamond is set or not yet. Probably isn't. Ugh, the suspense. :angryfire:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1364855178|3418170 said:
Dayyyyuum girl. That is one GIGANTIC diamond. Looks beautiful in that setting!

I wish I could convince my boyfriend to let me see my ring. Well, I don't even know if the diamond is set or not yet. Probably isn't. Ugh, the suspense. :angryfire:

Thanks for your compliment! It's 2 carats, and that seems like nothing compared to what I see on SMTB. I think it's a great size for me though, and I can't imagine ever needing to upgrade (never say never but that's what I think RIGHT NOW). I feel very lucky. Yesterday, my bf kept looking at it, giggling, and saying "It's nice, yeah?" I love how he's as proud of it as I am.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results