carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
lin_ny|1363395672|3406000 said:
Ms_Lovely! Congrats lady!! :appl: Welcome to purgatory! hehehe :twirl:

On my end of things... I'm dying. But trying to patiently wait and not be a nag. It's hard. :knockout:

Tell me about it :!:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ms_Lovely|1363409190|3406130 said:

On my end of things... I'm dying. But trying to patiently wait and not be a nag. It's hard. :knockout:

It's been almost 1 year since our purchase, and I nag all the time. Sometimes multiple times in a row within a span of an hour. Other times, you won't care for weeks at a time. Either way, you guys have beautiful rings that are totally W.O.R.T.H. the wait! :appl:

MsLovely, I'm sooo happy you got to maximize your budget for SO MUCH!!!! I'm so happy you found FK's diamond :appl: :love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1363556890|3407322 said:

It's been almost 1 year since our purchase, and I nag all the time. Sometimes multiple times in a row within a span of an hour. Other times, you won't care for weeks at a time. Either way, you guys have beautiful rings that are totally W.O.R.T.H. the wait! :appl:

MsLovely, I'm sooo happy you got to maximize your budget for SO MUCH!!!! I'm so happy you found FK's diamond :appl: :love:

I just found out that one of my managers, her husband had the ring for TWO AND A HALF YEARS before he proposed!!!!! So...at least you're not there yet!!!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

Do you kinda wanna rip his balls off? Or maybe not really, since you might want kids, but almost? :lol:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1363557508|3407327 said:
I just found out that one of my managers, her husband had the ring for TWO AND A HALF YEARS before he proposed!!!!! So...at least you're not there yet!!!
That's just wrong! :nono:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Ms_Lovely welcome to the real waiting!! I am so glad that your honey found FK's stone as well...it is a real catch and I think in one of the ribbon settings will be PERFECT!

Lin_ny I think we are pretty much cut from the same cloth. We both have this love affair for OEC and AVC...my dream is also to upgrade to a 2ct AVC one day! As for my manager's ring, it is actually really gorgeous. Maybe 0.75ct? emerald cut with marquise emeralds arranged like a sunflower halo around it. (I just wish she would clean it!! ;( )

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
yes, in a few months, it will be exactly one year that he has made me wait. For one, I can't believe time has flown by so fast. Two, I can't believe he's made me wait an entire year! That's one year I could have been enjoying my ring on my finger! :angryfire:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Feel better, MB! Hopefully the change in season will bring some good fortune/good vibes!

Ms_Lovely - I'm so excited that you got that stone! Yes, I have been stalking you on PS. :naughty: I think I'll be the same as you once the ring is underway/in the house - sleeping like a baby!

pandabee - WHY SO LONG. Did he just buy it really early on in secret, or did she know about it the entire time?

CaprineSun & madelise - Saints!
slider_grouphugg.gif

I'm having an LIW moment right now, I'm hoping it'll pass soon!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lin_ny|1363561964|3407354 said:

Do you kinda wanna rip his balls off? Or maybe not really, since you might want kids, but almost? :lol:

Used to. Now not so much. The first 6 months were the hardest… then of course, our anniversary. I was not expecting it for Valentine's day. I don't expect it for a while anymore. I was hoping to get it last year so I can plan for a wedding this late summer, between undergrad and grad school.. but since that didn't happen, I can't plan a wedding until 2015. So I don't think he's going to propose for at least another year. Besides, we have family stuff going on that would be better if we waited. :sun: And the more I think about it, I realized that I can't really wear such an extravagant thing while in grad school, anyway…. so.. :confused:

At this point, I'm just glad I have my "dream stone" locked away somewhere, and purchased before anyone else can swoop in and buy! At a 57-58% depth, it is the perfect barely shallow stone that gives me a huge face-up advantage without altering its light performance. :love: I will wait years and years for THAT, baby!

And nothing would change much if we were engaged.. I would still be too busy for him and I still might have to live apart due to school. The only time I really feel frustrated about not being "official" is when he has family gatherings or weddings to attend.. and I'm not invited ;( Other than that, he's already my "partner" in my family's eyes, and we already treat each other like we're each other's life partner.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,
I haven't been hanging out in LIW much because I found I was thinking even MORE about the pending engagement, I was getting a bit crazy at times, lol.

But no longer, please take me off the list. My SO proposed last night! It was a private proposal, I'm so glad it wasn't in public, that's definitely not for me. Quick stats: 1.1 OEC from jbeg, I/J colour with string blue Fluor, si1. Setting is yellow gold tacori 2510. I'm loving the yg, I'm very glad I stuck with it, it makes the stones pop! I'll add a SMTB thread soon, just having some uploading problems with our Mac and iPad is hit or miss with uploading pictures. Oh, ring size is 5.25

_4533.jpg

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Side profile

_4534.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
aw mad...bums that it's going to be another year! True that your stone is totally worth waiting for, just stinks it has to be that way for the whole ring as well.

maccers!!!!!! It's gorgeous!!! Congratulations!! When you have time please tell us more about the proposal. So glad you got your yellow Tacori!!! ::) :appl:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
MACCERS, START A THREAD, LADY! :appl: :appl:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
madelise - LOVE to see you so zen! I'm sad that its had to play out this way, but also completely understand how you can feel OK about it! In the sane times, anyway. :wink2: If we don't make it this year, we'll probably have to be 15' too. :errrr: I'm definitely not as relaxed about that as you are!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHAT!!!!

CONGRATS MACCERS! YOU NEED A THREAD ALL ABOUT YOU, YOUR PROPOSAL, AND THE RING, STAT!!!

:appl:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1363570455|3407452 said:
Used to. Now not so much. The first 6 months were the hardest… then of course, our anniversary. I was not expecting it for Valentine's day. I don't expect it for a while anymore. I was hoping to get it last year so I can plan for a wedding this late summer, between undergrad and grad school.. but since that didn't happen, I can't plan a wedding until 2015. So I don't think he's going to propose for at least another year. Besides, we have family stuff going on that would be better if we waited. :sun: And the more I think about it, I realized that I can't really wear such an extravagant thing while in grad school, anyway…. so.. :confused:

At this point, I'm just glad I have my "dream stone" locked away somewhere, and purchased before anyone else can swoop in and buy! At a 57-58% depth, it is the perfect barely shallow stone that gives me a huge face-up advantage without altering its light performance. :love: I will wait years and years for THAT, baby!

And nothing would change much if we were engaged.. I would still be too busy for him and I still might have to live apart due to school. The only time I really feel frustrated about not being "official" is when he has family gatherings or weddings to attend.. and I'm not invited ;( Other than that, he's already my "partner" in my family's eyes, and we already treat each other like we're each other's life partner.

Like you, I was hoping to have my wedding this summer. But that was my plan some years ago. After the ring was complete, I thought he would propose right away to allow a year of planning for a summer 2013 wedding. Well, obviously that can't happen since he hasn't proposed. Now, the summer is coming around and I refuse to let him make me miss a summer 2014 wedding. So, I've gone ahead & started the ball rolling sans ring. :naughty:

I can only do this because now we are done with our major life goals. So it's freed the way for a definitive wedding plan. I know you will be entering grad school soon, so the wait makes more sense than in my situation. In my SO's defense, there were also life situations going on at the time that of ring completion that made it uncertain of when to actually marry. But, now that's done.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, maccers!!! Gorgeous ring! Love the setting and the yellow gold!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Maccers! I love LOVE your ring. I am not usually a yellow gold person but I absolutley love it with your skin tone. The stones really POP and the side view is amazing! Wear it in health and happiness. :bigsmile:

This weekend we will have had the diamond a year. Oh. EM. Geeee.

2 and a half years!?! Now that is just mean. I would yank his balls off and adopt if he made me wait that long.

Mini Update... We got into a tiff yesterday about something stupid and somehow by the end he was telling me that he had a plan for the proposal. A PLAN! The boy doesn't plan so this is amazing! I am not allowed to ask him any more questions becasue he is afraid of ruining the suprise. I promised to try my best to behave myself but I am so freaking excited. When I got into work today I had an Outlook reminder: 7 more months. 7 more months until the last possible day of our timeline. Yes. I am crazy. :naughty:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I have another mini-update. SO showed me his bank account today before I left to work. He called me over and was like, "Hey I have something to show you". I was a bit floored when I saw the funds in there necessary to cover my dream engagement ring. Yes - that is correct. This is from the same guy who told me about a week or two ago that I would be waiting 6+ or so months until he came up with the "funds". No idea if he was trying to trick me but it worked. So it looks like we might be purchasing something in the next 1-2 months instead now.

SO also confessed being a bit annoyed/bummed that it wont be a surprise when he proposes as I'm so involved (yes I'm a control freak). :blackeye: I do wish I wasn't but well... we have lived together for 3 years already and know each other's business so it's so hard to keep things like this a surprise. I explained to him that once he gets the ring, he will "hide it" and then propose at some point later so I still get the surprise factor. :bigsmile:

So now on to my next bigger issue - I was previously 99% certain on a round brilliant (I Color) in a vatche 113 setting with a tiffany half eternity band. However in the past 2 weeks, I've discovered the August Vintage Cushion and I am absolutely in love. I can't explain it - I literally cannot stop starring at videos and pictures. I wonder if this is the same feeling you get when you "Say Yes To the Dress" and find "The One"? Now I'll be honest, I might have also shed a tear or two while starring at the GoodOldGold AVC videos. :-o

The AVC diamonds I am ogling over are a bit on the warmer side (L - M) and so very different from what I thought I wanted. Worse case scenario, we will purchase a warmer AVC and have GOG ship it loose for SO and I can make a final decision prior to setting. I'm worried this is going to take away from the "romantic proposal experience" but I don't know how else to be 100% sure. The thought of an AVC now with a matching 5 stone AVC band is all I can think of! I just need to make sure I would be comfortable with the warmer color.

Example of new dream set (but in a warmer K, L, M color): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ6-SUphWY4

SMC

Ideal_Rock
maple2012|1363663225|3408338 said:
Hi Ladies!

I have another mini-update. SO showed me his bank account today before I left to work. He called me over and was like, "Hey I have something to show you". I was a bit floored when I saw the funds in there necessary to cover my dream engagement ring. Yes - that is correct. This is from the same guy who told me about a week or two ago that I would be waiting 6+ or so months until he came up with the "funds". No idea if he was trying to trick me but it worked. So it looks like we might be purchasing something in the next 1-2 months instead now.

SO also confessed being a bit annoyed/bummed that it wont be a surprise when he proposes as I'm so involved (yes I'm a control freak). :blackeye: I do wish I wasn't but well... we have lived together for 3 years already and know each other's business so it's so hard to keep things like this a surprise. I explained to him that once he gets the ring, he will "hide it" and then propose at some point later so I still get the surprise factor. :bigsmile:

So now on to my next bigger issue - I was previously 99% certain on a round brilliant (I Color) in a vatche 113 setting with a tiffany half eternity band. However in the past 2 weeks, I've discovered the August Vintage Cushion and I am absolutely in love. I can't explain it - I literally cannot stop starring at videos and pictures. I wonder if this is the same feeling you get when you "Say Yes To the Dress" and find "The One"? Now I'll be honest, I might have also shed a tear or two while starring at the GoodOldGold AVC videos. :-o

The AVC diamonds I am ogling over are a bit on the warmer side (L - M) and so very different from what I thought I wanted. Worse case scenario, we will purchase a warmer AVC and have GOG ship it loose for SO and I can make a final decision prior to setting. I'm worried this is going to take away from the "romantic proposal experience" but I don't know how else to be 100% sure. The thought of an AVC now with a matching 5 stone AVC band is all I can think of! I just need to make sure I would be comfortable with the warmer color.

Example of new dream set (but in a warmer K, L, M color): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ6-SUphWY4

Wow, congrats! If an AVC calls to you, that's what you should get. What type of setting would you put it in?

I'm waiting for my bf to pick up my ring. Then it'll be another waiting game until the proposal.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maple, you should def have one in a warmer color shipped to you. Worse case scenario, you can't handle the warmth and you return it. No loss at all. Well, maybe shipping $ but that's no big deal!

You seriously will have no idea HOW MUCH IT WILL NOT BOTHER YOU.
Yes, I wouldn't want a MNOP in a MRB, but omg are they beautiful in old cuts with those large facets! :love:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
How disappointed would everyone be if I was to get engaged and NOT be on the LIW list?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mandasand|1363715248|3408746 said:
How disappointed would everyone be if I was to get engaged and NOT be on the LIW list?

POINTS! POINTS! POINTS!

Manda's finally joining the LIW list! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
whoooooo more fresh blood!!!!! I mean LIW dust!!!! :bigsmile: :naughty:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
maple - What!! Turn of events! How exciting for you!

mandasnd - Joiiiin, you know you waaant to! :naughty:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Can I pick my own number? :lol:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
mandasand|1363730369|3408994 said:

You can pick a number that begins with 3, ends in 4, and has 2 digits... :wacko:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Oops, I mean ends in 5...can't forget about sortmon!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1363730508|3408997 said:
mandasand|1363730369|3408994 said:

You can pick a number that begins with 3, ends in 4, and has 2 digits... :wacko:

That face at the end just kills me. :lol:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OH MACCERS!!! CONGRATULATIONS! It's beautiful :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Aside from that, no updates for me. The great ring debacle has really kind of ruined my engagement. Maybe my feelings about it will improve after this whole thing is sorted out, but I'm just no longer excited. It has become a chore. It's too bad. I was so looking forward to it all too. :nono: That's also why I haven't been posting lately. My heart just hasn't been in it. Sigh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results